Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 11th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Necrum
The box. You opened it. We came.

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerininja View Post
This is an update to my Electric type ultimate challenge Black run:

I beat all 8 gyms the last one was surprisingly easy. I defeated the Elite Four with ease as well and I eventually beat the rest of the storyline battles with only 3 losses. Now however my Pokemon need major training before I can face the Elite Four again and then face the true champion.

And I have a question can I make the in game trade for a rotom? or is he considered a legendary?
Rotom is not legendary. You can do the in game trade as long as he matches your teams type.
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!
Old July 11th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Xilfer
'twas fun.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Sorry it took a long time, but here's the third update for my water monotype challenge. Let's start where we left off: grinding on Route 13.

- After grinding the entire team to Level 50-somethings, I went back to the Pokemon World Championship and defeated the Driftveil tourney a few times to get enough points to go to the Battle Railway station (or whatever the heck it's called) and buy meself a Water Stone.

- Evolved Shuriken to Starmie.

- Made my way to Icirrus City, where I found Drayden. I couldn't get past him no matter what. His dragons beat my Waters senseless, and they couldn't do anything about it because of type ineffectiveness.

- In an effort to renovate my team a bit, I went back to Route 11 and did a bit of surfing to find a new Pokemon. After some looking around, I found and caught a Buizel. Nickname: Weasley

- Decided to replace Aiai with Weasley in the team. Although Weasley proved to be a more than capable attacker, what with high speed and attack/sp. attack, her defenses were absolute crap and despite everything her typing and defenses were no match for Drayden.

- After a bit of poking around for good Water-types to add to the team, I miraculously encountered a Spheal! (which only appears in the winter, but my DS's date is messed up so the game thought it was winter)

- Realizing that this was the key to defeating Drayden, what with an additional Ice typing, I caught it. Nickname: Fatso.

- Replaced Penance with Fatso and began grinding. After getting him up to speed with the rest of the team and evolving him twice, I pitted the Walrein against Drayden's dragons.

- Waddaya know? Fatso's good defenses and attack coupled with super effective Ice Moves finally managed to beat Drayden down.

- Then Team Plasma arrived and turned Icirrus into the Tundra, you know the drill. I just moved on to Humilau.

- Beating Marlon was also somewhat of a challenge. With mostly Normal, Water, and Ice type moves at my disposal, beating him was tough. Especially that damn Wailord. The biggest help in this fight was Shuriken, who was able to hit fast and hard with that Psychic attack of his.

- Despite its awesome typing and neat appearance, Jello really wasn't working out for me. I was barely using him, simply due to the fact that I favor brute force (meaning sweepers) over defensive tactics in a fight, and Jello was a defensive Pokemon. So, it came time for a replacement. I scoured the seas, eventually finding a Remoraid just outside Humilau. Nickname: Raid.

- I quickly replaced Jello with Raid, evolving him and leveling him up to get him up to speed.

- Went and fought them Plasmas. Although they weren't too hard to handle, Zinzolin was a bit of an annoyance. If that wasn't bad enough, the Shadow Triad came next. They weren't that tough, but I had to waste Hyper Potions on my Pokemon to heal their HP for the following fights.

- After that, I made with the rest of the storyline to finish it off. Black Kyurem was no big deal; a couple of Ice Beams from Fatso did him in. However, Ghetsis (with his extremely creepy battle music) was tougher than I thought. It took me a while to get past his Cofagrigus, and his Hydreigon took out three of my Pokemon! In the end, everyone except Raid and Vonne had fainted, but I still beat him.

- Currently heading for the Pokemon league for that final showdown. Probably gonna have to do a lot of training first.

Current Team

Name: Parivir
Level: 57

Name: Fatso
Level: 55

Name: Vonne
Level: 57

Name: Weasley
Level: 61

Name: Raid
Level: 54

Name: Shuriken
Level: 56
Presently gone from PC. Not sure if I'll ever return.
Old July 11th, 2013, 04:37 PM
ScubaDouch3
Ice-Type Lover

Nature: Relaxed
Just finished Emerald, update:

Ultimate Dark-Mono Challenge: Emerald

- Collected all the Gym Badges and made it to Ever Grande City

- Cleared through the Elite Four, then beat Wallace and entered the Hall of Fame

- Final Team (I entered the phrase a few weeks ago so that's why I have Houndoom):
-
-

---------------------------------------------------------------
That's done, on to the next!

Yellow: 8/8l Crystal: 4/16

Ultimate Fairy-Mono Challenge
Kalos: 6/8

Ultimate Mono-Challenges finished:

On Hold:
Dark - on Gen IV lll Flying - on Gen IV lll Ground - on Gen IV
Psychic - on Gen IV lll Steel - on Gen IV
Old July 11th, 2013, 06:04 PM
amerininja
The Pokemon Professor

Nature: Brave
I have decided to begin my Kanto journey for my Electric Monotype challenge as I finish off my Unova portion.

Here is my first update:
Spoiler:
I chose squirtle as my starter so that my rival should have no problem crushing my team.
I recieved and delivered Oak's Parcel in order to obtain the PokeDex.
I raced to Viridian City without leveling up my squirtle above the lvl 6 he got from my rival.
I began my Pikachu hunt in Viridian Forest.
I caught a lvl. 5 Pikachu with the following stats:
Spoiler:
HP: 19
Attack: 11
Defense: 8
Sp. Atk: 10
Sp. Def: 9
Speed: 14
Ability: Static

Sadly both of my injured pokemon fainted in battle so I was able to put Squirtle in my PC
I escaped Viridian Forest once my Pikachu was lvl. 9
This signature has been disabled.
Too tall
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 12th, 2013, 11:50 AM
pokeuser7878

Update 1
Spoiler:

I receive my starter: Cyndaquil
I do the storyline upto violet city and start beating sprout tower where cyndaquil evolves into quilava on the trainer before the elder.
I beat the Elder and then the Violet City Gym leader after that with quilava sweeping through.
I receive the egg and head down route 32 with only encountering 1 trainer. I enter the pokemon center to receive the old rod, and i go back towards Violet City where i start fishing for a poliwag.

The Poliwag i found was on the 2nd fish and it was level 10. Quilava used quick attack, it took it down to just above half, i threw a pokeball and caught it and i was a happy bunny.I boxed quilava and the egg and i proceeded with the game by, training Poliwag to level 12 where i then took on all the trainers on route 32 where i left it just before union cave so ive done quite alot in my recent run.

Now i know its been a long time since my last update, and ive forgot most of what ive done i just remember who i beat, and what i used to beat who.

Update 2
Spoiler:

After Union Cave i started training before taking on team rocket & Bugsy, i trained it to atleast 16. After i trained poliwag that high, i took on team rocket, i grew to lvl 18, and then i attempted to take on bugsy
At this point i was so far off lvl19, but i wasnt able to beat Bugsy Straight away. In fact my 2nd try wasnt enough, but my 3rd time was lucky, as i got 2 critical hits in a row with poliwag and it was enough to 2hko the scyther.
I proceeded through ilex forest beating my Rival and i beat the trainers on that route after Ilex forest(im bad with route names). I then trained poliwag to 25 where it then evolved and took on whitney knowing i was going to win. I then got the squirty can thing, and i beat up the sudowoodo. I then proceeded to Ecruteak city where things started to go uphill, only because i could catch 2 more pokemon, 1 in mt.mortar and one on the route east of mt.mortar, and these were machop & mankey, machop was lvl 14 & mankey was lvl 15. I first trained Machop to 25 thinking that it evolves at lvl 25 but of course im not very smart so its staying their for now. At this time poliwhirl is lvl 30. and mankey is currently lvl 20 as im currently training it hardcore. However i will find machops evolution lvl and if its not too far away i shall train it to that lvl. Anyway thats all ive got to update, see you at the next update

3/16 badges

Trainer Type Ultimate Challenge

Fire Red 8/8
Heart Gold 0/0
Emerald 8/8
Pearl 0/0
Black 8/8
Old July 12th, 2013, 04:53 PM
ScubaDouch3
Ice-Type Lover

Started up Sapphire, here's the first update:

Ultimate Fire-Mono Challenge: Sapphire

- Started game and chose Torchic, naming it "El Diablo"

- Did the usual beginning crap, then beat Roxanne for the
Stone Badge

- Eventually made it to Dewford and beat Brawly for the
Knuckle Badge

- After a bit, made it to Mauville and defeated Wattson for the
Dynamo Badge

- Finally caught most of my team at the Fiery Path, my team currently consists of:
-
-

- Current Badges:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Now it's off to do some heavy level grinding...

On Hold:
Old July 12th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Clemstar

In about march I started a grass monotype challenge through Unova in Pokemon White version. I only defeated the first elite 4 (without alder). I was wondering if I could continue from where I was up to and attempt to defeat alder because I don't really want to start again. If so, my team is roughly all at level 55 and includes Serperior (Australia), Sawsbuck (Antarctica), Lilligant (Europe), Leavanny (Asia), Amoongus (Africa) and Ferrothorn (America).
If you'll accept me as a challenger here is my sign up form:

Username: Clemstar
Type: Grass
Challenge: Single
Game(s): White
3DS Friend Code- 1375 - 8306 - 7472

Last edited by Clemstar; July 13th, 2013 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old July 13th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Bob III
Person

Nature: Calm
Came back from a long break to finish my monotype challenge

Named Myself Bob III
Got Oshawott as starter - Named it J
Did story things up to first gym
Grinded J up to level 17, where he evolved to Dewott
Beat the 1st gym (1/8)
Saved Muuna from team Plasma
Helped the little girl get her pokemon back
Got Mystic Water from Girl in Nacrene City
Caught Tympole in Pinwheel forest - named him L
Ground both J and L to level 20
Defeated Lenora (2/8)
Got the dragon skull from Team Plasma
Got to Castelia City

Spoiler:
Current team:

J - LVL 22 Dewott (Holding Mystic Water)
-Tackle
-FUry Cutter
-Razor Shell
-Focus Energy

L - LVL 23 Tympole
-BubbleBeam
-Aqua Ring
-Round
-Mud Shot
Still looking for a better signature

Current Challenges:

On Hold: (Don't have X/Y)
Water UMC (FR/C/S/D/W)
Dragon UMC (FR/SS/S/P/W)

Complete Challenges:
Squirtle->Wartortle->Blastoise Solo Run (FR)
Flying Monotype (FR)
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:12 AM
kosuke
Extraterrestrial DNA

Send a message via Skype™ to kosuke
Hey there!
I decided that i shall back down to the challenge...
The reason for this is...I accidentally erased my save file, and I always lose determination every time that happens... so, yeah.
☣ ☣ デオキシス ☣ ☣
DNA from a space virus mutated and became a Pokémon. It appears where auroras are seen.
claimsVMPMBattle ServerDeviantArttumblr
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Update No.1

Blue
- Chose Charmander as my starter
- Delivered Oak's parcel
- Caught Pidgey
- Caught Caterpie
- Caterpie evolved into Metapod
- Metapod evolved into Butterfree
- Went through Viridian Forest to Pewter City
- Defeated Brock
- Bought Magikarp
- Went through Mt. Moon
- Charmander evolved into Charmeleon
- Pidgey evolved into Pidgeotto
- Magikarp evolved into Gyarados
- Arrived in Cerulean City
- Defeated Misty
- Defeated my rival
- Saved Bill and got the S.S. Ticket
- Traveled to Vermilion City
- Boarded the S.S. Anne
- Defeated my rival
- Defeated Lt. Surge
- Traveled back to Cerulean City
- Received the bike
- Traveled to Lavender Town
- Traveled to Celadon City
- Defeated Erika

Team:
Charmeleon / lv30 / Ember, Scratch, Growl, Leer
Pidgeotto / lv30 / Gust, Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Whirlwind
Butterfree / lv31 / Confusion, Tackle, Sleep Powder, PoisonPowder
Gyarados / lv31 / Tackle, Splash, Bite, Dragon Rage

Gold
- Chose Totodile as my starter
- Did the Mr. Pokemon quest
- Caught Hoothoot
- Caught Zubat
- Traveled to Violet City
- Went through Sprout Tower
- Defeated Falkner
- Traveled through Union Cave to Azalea Town
- Defeated Team Rocket at the Slowpoke Well
- Defeated Bugsy
- Defeated my rival
- Traversed through Ilex Forest
- Hoothoot evolved into Noctowl
- Zubat evolved into Golbat
- Arrived in Goldenrod City
- Defeated Whitney
- Caught Scyther
- Traveled to Ecruteak City
- Defeated my rival
- Defeated Morty

Team:
Noctowl / lv25 / Tackle, Hypnosis, Reflect, Peck
Golbat / lv26 / Leech Life, Supersonic, Bite, Confuse Ray
Scyther / lv25 / Quick Attack, Leer, False Swipe, Pursuit

Quote:
Type:
Pokemon Blue Version(4/8)
Pokemon Gold Version(4/16)
Pokemon Emerald Version
Pokemon Platinum Version
Pokemon Black Version
< < < I know you want these lumps
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:40 PM
ScubaDouch3
Ice-Type Lover

Just finished Sapphire, last update:

Ultimate Fire-Mono Challenge: Sapphire

- Collected all badges and went to Ever Grande City

- Took down Steven and the Elite Four, entering the Hall of Fame
(Just ignore that Tropius, he was an HM Slave and I forgot to Box him...)

- Final Team:
-
-
------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
That's all for now.

On Hold:
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:07 PM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Update #10 for my HeartGold grass monotype run, finally! Tomorrow would be four months since my last update here. Four months of on-and-off grinding for Red. I didn't remember what his levels were, so I decided on getting everyone to 80 before challenging him. Lots of hours spent (I clocked 100 hours, 30 minutes ), thanks to low-level wilds and too-high-level Elite Four. But it's finally over; I've completed the Johto leg of my ultimate monotype. :D
Spoiler:
-Did looooooooots of grinding outside Mt. Silver, near the Pokémon Center (and in the first room of Mt. Silver for Anise, my Jumpluff). It seemed more efficient than the slightly-higher levels deeper in Mt. Silver.
-I also found and defeated Entei.
-The battle with Red was kinda strange, I think. It started off with Anise against his Pikachu. Leech Seed and Sleep Powder, while his Volt Tackle missed. I switched out to Cilantro (sunflora), who used Sunny Day to dispel the hail in the area. Then I brought Anise out again. When Pikachu awoke, it missed with Iron Tail, only to be put to sleep again. After a Full Restore, it went down to a crit Giga Drain.

Lapras was next, and was immediately put to sleep. Anise already had a Substitute up, so I fired off a Leech Seed. I think two or three turns with Giga Drain/Leech Seed ended it.

Of course, Red would send out Charizard next, only to be put to sleep. After seeding it, I started doing a little damage with Giga Drain. It woke up one turn to Flare Blitz away my Substitute, which made me smile. I put up another Sub, but its next Flare Blitz missed, to my disappointment. Oh well. Sleep Powder, and it never woke up again.

Next was undoubtedly the most troublesome of the lot: Venusaur. I expected this to be tough, since it's immune to seeding while being a bulky poison-type. But due to my luck reversing itself, this guy turned out to be extremely evil. After putting it to sleep (I think), I switched off for the only member of my team not weak to Poison: Ginger (victreebel). Got off two Sludge Bombs, which put it to about 40% HP, when it awoke to OHKO Ginger with a crit Sludge Bomb. D: I brought out Anise to try to put it to sleep again, but no dice. She too, fell to Sludge Bomb (I think maybe two, with both Sleep Powders missing). Thyme (bellossom) replaced her to try his hand at Sleep Powder. Nope. Two Sludge Bombs, and he went down. I was surprised at how quick his Venusaur was here. I brought out Chicory (meganium) to put up a Light Screen. It worked, but Sludge Bomb crit bypassed it, and I was now down to two pokémon. D: Sage (tangrowth) came out next and was able to take a Sludge Bomb, thanks to Light Screen, and retalitate with Earthquake. It wasn't quite enough to take Venusaur out, but it was enough for Red to use a Full Restore. D: To make things worse, Sludge Bomb managed to poison Sage as well. I took this time to use Max Revives on Ginger and Chicory as Sage also fell to this beast. Ginger came back out to take revenge with a successful Stun Spore. This allowed some free turns to attack with our own Sludge Bomb. I can't really remember what happened here, but Venusaur eventually prevailed again. Arrgh! But this allowed for Chicory to avenge everyone with a Rock Climb. Finally, Venusaur is down! Huzzah!

Snorlax was considerably less of a problem. But without Anise, it wasn't as simply taken care of as the first half of Red's team. Chicory put up a Reflect, but Snorlax surprised me with a Blizzard. So, Light Screen naturally came next. This allowed us to take anything it threw at us, be it Blizzard, Giga Impact, Crunch, or Shadow Ball, while I repeatedly attacked with Rock Climb. Also, I'm grateful for Blizzard's lack of accuracy and his lack of luck for criticals, as well as the confusion from Rock Climb. I used a Hyper Potion once, and then I thought it would be nice to suck health from the high-HP Snorlax, especially since he used a Full Restore on it. So, I switched off for Cilantro, who got off a Leech Seed without a hitch. This allowed us to heal like 47 HP per turn! I switched back out for Chicory, who restored the dual screens. Snorlax eventually went down from Petal Dance and a final Leech Seed sapping, as I knew what his last pokémon was.

Blastoise. It surprised me with its speed, but Blizzard missed, so it took a continued Petal Dance. Another Blizzard, but it wasn't too bad, thanks to Light Screen. The final turn of Petal Dance finished it off. And that's that! Red is defeated, and the credits scroll. ^-^ I was surprised that Anise took out half his team, and Chicory the other half, but it was definitely made possible by the assistance of the other party members (especially against that Venusaur).

The team at the end:
Spoiler:

Chicory (Meganium, Bold, male) Lv. 81
Overgrow
@Light Clay
HP: 237/A: 153/D: 223/SpA: 164/SpD: 184/Spd: 164
-Petal Dance
-Reflect
-Rock Climb
-Light Screen

Ginger (Victreebel, Docile, female) Lv. 80
Chlorophyll
@Shell Bell
HP: 225/A: 209/D: 133/SpA: 180/SpD: 113/Spd: 174
-Leaf Blade
-Sludge Bomb
-Leaf Storm
-Stun Spore

Anise (Jumpluff, Modest, female) Lv. 80
Chlorophyll
@BrightPowder
HP: 221/A: 103/D: 142/SpA: 130/SpD: 172/Spd: 230
-Giga Drain
-Synthesis
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed

Thyme (Bellossom, Lonely, male) Lv. 80
Chlorophyll
@Big Root
HP: 248/A: 165/D: 163/SpA: 183/SpD: 196/Spd: 125
-Drain Punch
-Sleep Powder
-Giga Drain
-Return

Cilantro (Sunflora, Hasty, male) Lv. 80
Chlorophyll
@Miracle Seed
HP: 224/A: 153/D: 123/SpA: 212/SpD: 173/Spd: 104
-SolarBeam
-Sunny Day
-Leaf Storm
-Leech Seed

Sage (Tangrowth, Bashful, male) Lv. 80
Leaf Guard
@Leftovers
HP: 258/A: 201/D: 260/SpA: 192/SpD: 97/Spd: 125
-Power Whip
-Wring Out
-AncientPower
-Earthquake

And finally, onwards to Hoenn and Sinnoh! ^-^
my pokémonic deviantArt
by Mukyaa of DeviantArt

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old July 13th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Bob III
Person

White Water Monotype Update #2:

Old Team:
Spoiler:
J - LVL 22 Dewott (Holding Mystic Water)
-Tackle
-FUry Cutter
-Razor Shell
-Focus Energy

L - LVL 23 Tympole
-BubbleBeam
-Aqua Ring
-Round
-Mud Shot

Got to Castelia City
Helped Bianca get her pokemon back
Trained J to LVL 33 and L to LVL 30
Defeated Burgh using Razor Shell (3/8)
Got a Cover Fossil in Relic Castle
Ran to Nacrene City and revived the fossil into Tirtouga - Named Q
Got to Nimbasa City and did story stuff there
Defeated Elesa using Ancientpower and Mud Shot (4/8)

Current team:

Spoiler:

J - LVL 34 Dewott (Holding Mystic Water)
-Water Pulse
-Dig
-Razor Shell
-Focus Energy

L - LVL 32 Palpitoad
-BubbleBeam
-Aqua Ring
-Round
-Mud Shot

Q - LVL 32 Tirtouga (Holding Quick Claw)
-Brine
-AncientPower
-Crunch
-Smack Down

Current Challenges:

Water UMC (FR/C/S/D/W)
Dragon UMC (FR/SS/S/P/W)

Complete Challenges:
Flying Monotype (FR)
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:19 PM
RefinedHornet

Update for the Dragon run
-picked Treecko as a starter
-hacked in a Level 5 Bagon
-defeated Roxanne
-defeated Brawly
-Bagon evolved into a Shelgon
-defeated Wattson
-captured a Swablu on Route 114
-defeated Flannery
-captured a Trapinch on Route 111
-defeated Norman
-captured a Lotad on Route 102 as a HM Slave
-rescued the researchers at the Weather Institute and defeated May

Team:
Spoiler:

Shelgon
Lv. 39
HP: 115
Attack: 93
Defense: 95
Sp. Attack: 54
Sp. Defense: 52
Speed: 67
Moves: Headbutt/Ember/Dragonbreath/Focus Energy

Swablu
Lv. 29
HP: 74
Attack: 35
Defense: 42
Sp. Attack: 35
Sp. Defense: 63
Speed: 44
Moves: Peck/Growl/Fury Attack/Sing

Trapinch
Lv. 30
HP: 71
Attack: 68
Defense: 32
Sp. Attack: 42
Sp. Defense: 35
Speed: 18
Moves: Sand Tomb/Bite/Faint Attack/Sand-Attack
Current Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype
Red(8/8) Crystal(16/16) Emerald(8/8) Platinum(2/8) Black 2(0/8) X(5/8)
Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype(Gen V)

Ultimate Monotype(Gen VI)
Old July 14th, 2013, 10:55 AM
ceral456

I'm giving up this challenge
Old July 14th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Spoiler:

Username: KagamiChan
Type: Normal
Challenge: Ultimate
Games: Pokémon FireRed,
Pokémon Crystal, Pokémon Ruby, Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon White 2
Current Game: Still debating

Final update on my Normal Crystal run.

Spoiler:
Trained on the E4 a few times until I got bored.
Decided to go for Mt Silver and take on Red despite being slightly underleveled.
Had a bit of trouble with the Flash using part of the cave.
Finally reached Red and challenged him, sending out Necrum first who took out Red's Pikachu in 2 Earthquakes.
Left Necrum to deal with Red's Espeon, poisoning it with Toxic and letting it kill itself while spamming Full Restores through Espeon's Psychic.
Red then sent out Snorlax so Necrum poisoned it but then had to heal through Snorlax's BodySlams until it eventually fainted when I decided to attack.
Sent out Serena the Miltank and used Attract on Snorlax then got lucky with BodySlam paralyzing it then spammed body slam until Snorlax fainted.
Red sent out Venusaur and I once again had Serena use Attract but Serena eventually fainted.
Sent out Lilah the Furret but it fainted in 1 hit.
Decided to send out Vincent who eventually made good use of its Fly to take down Venusaur.
Red sent out Charizard and it easily defeated Vincent and Tabor.
I was left with Sydian only so I sent her out and tried my luck with Sing. Sing worked so I proceeded to Thunderpunch Charizard.
Last but not least, Red sent out Blastoise that also ended up being hit by Sing and then Thunderpunched until it fainted, thus bringing me my victory.

Badge Case

Final Team
Spoiler:

Vincent
Level 55, Male @ Quick Claw
Stats: 89/81/117/139/102
Steel Wing
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Fly

Lilah
Level 55, Female @ Metal Coat
Stats: 109/103/75/86/135
Surf
Fury Cutter
Iron Tail
Cut

Necrum
Level 61, Male @ Pink Bow
Stats: 208/119/125/125/105
Earthquake
Toxic
Slash
Strength

Tabor
Level 56, Male @ Miracle Seed
Stats: 82/124/109/137/71
Psychic
SolarBeam
Double-Edge
Sunny Day

Sydian
Level 62, Female @ Nevermeltice
Stats: 113/128/144/150/110
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Sing

Serena
Level 57, Female (obviously) @ Leftovers
Stats: 123/160/69/104/152
Attract
Shadow Ball
Milk Drink
Body Slam

Screenshots

Thoughts and Impressions

I thought long and hard before deciding upon a Normal Mono and I honestly didn't know if I was able to pull it through. But Crystal was better than expected and I learned to appreciate Normal Types more.
As for my team....

was OKish. He did fairly well in the beginning and pulled through whenever I needed him. But I know I won't be using him again anytime soon because it took me a while to decide between him and Pidgeot but people praised Noctowl more so I went with that and was disappointed. Now, don't get me wrong, he did live up to his moves and used them well. But he wasn't as great as people said he'd be.

did better than I expected actually. And even made good use of Cut. She was great in the early stages of the game but gradually faded and stopped shining as I progressed. I'm really looking forward to giving her a try again.
was a handful. It worked Charm and Metronome for the most part and its Metronome kept ending in some exploding move (hence the nickname). I was about to release it and was really frustrated by him so I didn't use him much. He greatly improved once he got SolarBeam and Psychic tho and eventually shined and proved that he deserved to be in my team.

was incredibly awesome! No wonder Whitney uses one and it's beast xD She was amazing and did well both offensively and deffensively. She soloed a couple of gyms and even almost soloed Will the first time I face the E4 (cause I kept switching her out so I can train some of my other pokemon >.>) She's in the top 3 of my team and she was way above my expectations.

was amazing. He deserves his title of second best in my team. He soloed Gyms, almost soloed Bruno on my first E4 battle and took down 2 and a half of Red's Pokémon all by himself. He's earned his place in my favourite Pokémon list.

was the star of my team. She soloed Gyms, took on a lot of the E4s mons and punched her way through earning me a victory against Red. She could pack a punch while also being able to whitstand most hits. She took on Lance all by herself and she had no scratch by the end of the battle. I was amazed at her being faster than most of her opponents and didn't expect it (and no, I don't know my stats >.>)

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."

Last edited by Orianna; July 15th, 2013 at 03:17 AM.
Old July 14th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Porygon Z
718!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Porygon Z
I'm doing a Bug monotype with a friend of mine, which is using Fire types.

Can I sign in? Or do I have to start all over again?
3DS Friend Code: 1864-9474-4763 (Matthew)
Safari Zone: Ice-type, Snover/Bergmite/Dewgong

Emblems awarded so far

Owner of Tri-Species Challenge, Version 3.0
Old July 14th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Simple Concept

Username: Simple Concept
Type: Flying
Game(s):
Kanto; FireRed
Johto; SoulSilver
Hoenn; Ruby
Sinnoh; Diamond
Unova; Black2

Kind of wanted to do Electric, but it would have taken a while for me to get one in a couple of the versions, so I went with Flying instead. <3 A lot of variation with the type, anyway. ALso, I'm doing them all with Flying, but later on I might do it all over again with a different type.

I'll be doing it the order FireRed - SoulSilver - Ruby - Diamond - Black2, probably. I might do some of the other versions later on, but for now, I'll be stickin' with these. I can also make a journal of my progress and post it here for those who are interested in following my little journey.

Just tell me when, and I can start!
Old July 14th, 2013, 11:33 PM
James901
The CyndaquilofWar

Finally another update. The reason I took so long was that I had to restart my game because the way I evolved my Shuppet caused an error that prevented me from making progress so I switched over to FireRed and brought myself back to where I was before. Here are some screenshots of the gym leaders I beat trying to get back to where I was before, I forgot to take a screenshot of Lt. Surge.Now for the actual update.

Challenge
Spoiler:
Username: James901
Type: Ghost
Games: Pokémon FireRed, Pokémon SoulSilver, Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon Platinum, Pokémon DarkBlack
Current Game: Pokémon FireRed

Look what I found while looking for an HM Slave. I so wish it was a Ghost-type!! But hey, a shiny is a shiny. :D
Badges

vs
Spoiler:
Current Team
Spoiler:

Abankage
Level 48 | Female | Quirky | Insomnia
Shadow Ball | Faint Attack | Thunderbolt | Secret Power

Nightmare
Level 42 | Male | Quiet | Levitate
Shadow Ball | Psychic | Thunderbolt | Giga Drain
3DS FC: 1306-6693-8574
Looking for people to battle, trade, or exchange safari's with.
Anyone can add me, I add everyone. Let me know if you add me so I can add you back.
Here's a link to my Trade Review Thread, be sure to post a comment if we trade.
Old July 15th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Update No.1

LeafGreen
- Chose Bulbasaur as my starter
- Delivered Oak's parcel
- Traded in Dratini
- Defeated Brock
- Went through Mt. Moon
- Defeated Misty
- Defeated my rival
- Boarded the S.S. Anne
- Defeated my rival
- Defeated Lt. Surge
- Received the bike
- Defeated Erika

Team:
Dragonair / lv37 / Slam, Dragon Rage, Surf, Twister

HeartGold
- Defeated Falkner
- Defeated Bugsy
- Defeated my rival
- Played Voltorb Flip and bought Dratini
- Defeated Whitney
- Defeated my rival
- Dratini evolved into Dragonair
- Defeated Morty

Team:
Dragonair / lv30 / Slam, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage

Emerald
- Chose Treecko as my starter
- Defeated May
- Traded in Bagon
- Traveled to Petalburg City
- Traveled through Petalburg Woods to Rustboro City
- Defeated Roxanne
- Saved Peeko and sailed to Dewford Town
- Defeated Brawly
- Delivered Steven's Letter
- Sailed to Slateport
- Delivered the Devon Goods
- Defeated May
- Arrived in Mauville
- Defeated Wally
- Defeated Watson
- Traveled to Verdanturf Town
- Reunited the couple in Rusturf Tunnel
- Traveled back to Mauville
- Bagon evolved into Shelgon
- Traveled through the Fiery Path to Fallarbor Town
- Caught Swablu
- Ran into Team Aqua in Meteor Falls
- Exited south and arrived in Rustboro City
- Traveled through Verdanturf Town to Mauville
- Went to the top of Mt. Chimney
- Defeated Team Magma
- Went south to Lavaridge Town
- Defeated Flannery

Team:
Shelgon / lv34 / Ember, Bite, Aerial Ace, Dragonbreath
Swablu / lv33 / Peck, Take Down, Astonish, Sing

Platinum
- Chose Turtwig as my starter
- Defeated my rival
- Traveled to Jubilife City and got the Poketch
- Defeated my rival
- Traveled to Orburgh City
- Defeated Roark
- Traveled to Floaroma Town
- Defeated Team Galactic at the Valley Windworks
- Traveled through Eterna Forest and arrived in Eterna
- Defeated Gardenia
- Went to the Galactic Building and defeated Jupiter
- Caught Gible
- Gible evolved into Gabite
- Traveled through Mt. Coronet to Hearthome
- Defeated Fantina
- Defeated my rival
- Traveled to Solaceon Town
- Traveled to Veilstone
- Defeated Maylene

Team:
Gabite / lv39 / Dragon Claw, Dragon Rage, Slash, Take Down

Black 2
- Chose Tepig as my starter
- Defeated my rival
- Traveled to Floccesy Town
- Traveled to Floccesy Ranch
- Defeated my rival
- Traveled back to Aspertia City
- Defeated Cheren
- Traded Deino egg
- Deino hatched
- Traveled to Virbank City
- Visited the Virbank Complex
- Defeated Roxie
- Shot a film at the PokeStar Studios
- Chased Team Plasma out of Virbank
- Sailed to Castelia City
- Defeated Team Plasma in the Castelia Sewers
- Defeated Burgh
- Defeated Corless
- Caught Trapinch
- Traveled to Nimbasa City
- Defeated Elesa

Team:
Deino / lv32 / Headbutt, Dragon Rage, Dragon Pulse, Crunch
Trapinch / lv32 / Dig, Mud-Slap, Rock Slide, Bulldoze

Quote:
Type:
Pokemon LeafGreen Version(4/8)
Pokemon HeartGold Version(4/16)
Pokemon Emerald Version(4/8)
Pokemon Platinum Version(4/8)
Pokemon Black 2 Version(4/8)
---------

Update No.1

LeafGreen
- Chose Squirtle as my starter
- Delivered Oak's parcel
- Traded in Ghastly
- Defeated Brock
- Went through Mt. Moon
- Defeated Misty
- Defeated my rival
- Ghastly evolved into Haunter
- Boarded the S.S. Anne
- Defeated my rival
- Defeated Lt. Surge
- Received the bike
- Defeated Erika

Team:
Haunter / lv41 / Thief, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball, Shadow Punch

HeartGold
- Caught Ghastly
- Defeated Falkner
- Defeated Bugsy
- Defeated my rival
- Defeated Whitney
- Defeated my rival
- Defeated Morty
- Haunter evolved into Gengar

Team:
Gengar / lv34 / Thunderbolt, Shadow Punch, Shadow Ball, Payback

Ruby
- Chose Treecko as my starter
- Defeated May
- Traveled to Petalburg City
- Traveled through Petalburg Woods to Rustboro City
- Caught Nincada
- Defeated Roxanne
- Saved Peeko and sailed to Dewford Town
- Traded in Sableye
- Defeated Brawly
- Delivered Steven's Letter
- Sailed to Slateport
- Delivered the Devon Goods
- Nincada evolved into Ninjask, leaving behind Shedinja
- Defeated May
- Arrived in Mauville
- Defeated Wally
- Defeated Watson
- Traveled to Verdanturf Town
- Reunited the couple in Rusturf Tunnel
- Traveled back to Mauville
- Traveled through the Fiery Path to Fallarbor Town
- Ran into Team Aqua in Meteor Falls
- Exited south and arrived in Rustboro City
- Traveled through Verdanturf Town to Mauville
- Went to the top of Mt. Chimney
- Defeated Team Aqua
- Went south to Lavaridge Town
- Defeated Flannery

Team:
Shedinja / lv28 / Scratch, Dig, Leech Life, Sand-Attac
Sableye / lv38 / Faint Attack, Scratch, Confuse Ray, Night Shade

Diamond
- Chose Turtwig as my starter
- Traveled to Jubilife City and got the Poketch
- Defeated my rival
- Traveled to Orburgh City
- Defeated Roark
- Traveled to Floaroma Town
- Defeated Team Galactic at the Valley Windworks
- Caught Drifloon
- Traveled through Eterna Forest and arrived in Eterna
- Traded in Misdreavus
- Defeated Gardenia
- Went to the Galactic Building and defeated Jupiter
- Caught Ghastly
- Traveled through Mt. Coronet to Hearthome
- Defeated my rival
- Traveled through Solaceon Town to Veilstone City
- Drifloon evolved into Drifblim
- Defeated Maylene
- Traveled to Pastoria City
- Haunter evolved into Gengar
- Defeated Wake

Team:
Drifblim / lv32 / Gust, Ominous Wind, Payback, Fly
Misdreavus / lv30 / Confuse Ray, Psywave, Psybeam, Astonish
Gengar / lv33 / Payback, Shadow Ball, Shadow Punch, Night Shade

Black
- Chose Snivy as my starter
- Defeated Bianca and Cheren
- Traveled to Accumula Town
- Defeated N
- Defeated Bianca
- Traveled to Straiton City
- Defeated Cheren
- Defeated Chili
- Traded in Golett egg
- Golett hatched
- Defeated Plasma at the Dreamyard and Wellspring Cave
- Traveled to Nacrene City
- Defeated N
- Defeated Lenora
- Defeated Team Plasma in Pinwheel Forest
- Crossed Skyarrow Bridge and arrived in Castelia
- Defeated Burgh
- Defeated Bianca
- Defeated Cheren
- Caught Yamask
- Traveled to Nimbasa
- Saved the Daycare man and got the bike
- Defeated N
- Defeated Elesa

Team:
Golett / lv31 / Shadow Punch, Mega Punch, Earthquake, Psychi
Yamask / lv30 / Will-O-Wisp, Ominous Wind, Night Shade, Hex

Quote:
Type:
Pokemon LeafGreen Version(4/8)
Pokemon HeartGold Version(4/16)
Pokemon Ruby Version(4/8)
Pokemon Diamond Version(4/8)
Pokemon Black Version(4/8)
< < < I know you want these lumps

Last edited by Gulpin; July 15th, 2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old July 15th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Bob III
Person

Old team:

Spoiler:
J - LVL 34 Dewott (Holding Mystic Water)
-Water Pulse
-Dig
-Razor Shell
-Focus Energy

L - LVL 32 Palpitoad
-BubbleBeam
-Aqua Ring
-Round
-Mud Shot

Q - LVL 32 Tirtouga (Holding Quick Claw)
-Brine
-AncientPower
-Crunch
-Smack Down

Defeated Elesa using Ancientpower and Mud Shot (4/8)
Defeated Cheren
Caught ducklett on Driftveil Drawbridge - Named G
Cleared Cold Storage
Trained all 4 pokemon to evolution (LVLs 35-37)
Clay was easy, as expected (5/8)
Made it through Chargestone Cave with no issues
Got through Celestial Tower
Defeated 6th gym using Q's Ancientpower and Smack Down (6/8)
Defeated Cheren and got Surf from Alder
Got through Twist Mountain
Challenged Brycen and won using Q (7/8)
Got to to top of Dragonspiral tower, where N flew off on a dragon
Beat Bianca on way to Opelucid
Defeated Iris (8/8)
Caught Basculin, added it to team - Named Z
Trained team to LVL 50
Caught Zekrom
Defeated N (without using Zekrom to fight)
Defeated Ghetsis after many tries
Got through the story stuff from finishing the game

Current Team

Spoiler:

J - LVL 54 Samurott
-Surf
-Dig
-Aqua Tail
-Slash

L - LVL 53 Seismitoad
-Surf
-Sludge Bomb
-Drain Punch
-Bulldoze

Q - LVL 52 Carracosta
-Surf
-AncientPower
-Crunch
-Rock Slide

G - LVL 53 Swana
-Air Slash
-Aerial Ace
-Surf
-Fly

Z - LVL 52 Basculin
-Surf
-Aqua Tail
-Flail
-Final Gambit

Current Challenges:

Water UMC (FR/C/S/D/W)
Dragon UMC (FR/SS/S/P/W)

Complete Challenges:
Flying Monotype (FR)
Old July 15th, 2013, 03:13 PM
ScubaDouch3
Ice-Type Lover

Decided to start up an Ultimate Dragon-Mono Challenge yesterday, I've gotten 4 badges and still only have one Dragonair, I'll be able to grab my second Dratini soon, then things should pick up and get interesting.

Ultimate Dragon-Mono Challenge: Fire Red

On Hold:
Old July 15th, 2013, 05:14 PM
RefinedHornet

Update
-defeated Winona
-defeated May in Lilycove City
-got the Super Rod in Mossdeep City
-surfed to Route 132 to get a Horsea
-defeated Tate and Liza
-Vibrava evolved into Flygon
-Horsea evolved into Seadra, then into Kingdra(method of evolution changed to level up)
-defeated Juan
-went through VIctory Road
-trained before going against the Elite Four and Shelgon evolved into Salamance
-defeated the Elite Four and Wallace

Final Team:
Spoiler:

Salamance
Lv. 55+

Flygon
Lv. 55+

Kingdra
Lv. 55+

Altaria
Lv. 55+

Current Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype
Red(8/8) Crystal(16/16) Emerald(8/8) Platinum(2/8) Black 2(0/8) X(5/8)
Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype(Gen V)

Ultimate Monotype(Gen VI)
Old July 16th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Awes@

Username:Awes@
Type:Fire
Challenge: Single(for now)
Game(s)apphire
Playing...
Old July 16th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Gulpin