Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 19th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Riansky
Purr

Advertise here

~ Pokémon Zero & One ~
made with Rpg Maker Xp

Introduction
Hello! I'm Mitja or Riansky which is my internet name. I've been developing games for about 3 years now. I was working on 2 games before but never managed to finish them and I was not eaven happy with them. However I've started to work on Pokemon Zero & One about 4 months ago and I've came pretty far with it and I'm hopping I will be able to finish it.

Introduction To Story
For years, scientists have been researching a strange DNA that fell from space and landed in the Armonih region. No one was capable of finding out where it came from and what it could do so a team of elite professors conducted experiments on the DNA, which eventually led to it evolving into some kind of creatue...a Pokemon. Pokemon awoke and started talking to the professors, calling them idiotic. The professors tried to capture it, which led the Pokemon going onto a rampage and destroying the city and everyone in it. Pokemon fled to a undefined location and up until now, it rested in peace. Rumors tell that it could be resting in a digital world which until now, was not discovered. An evil group of Pokemon Trainers eventually discovered the location and tried to conntact with mysterious Pokemon but it was not possible because Pokemon indeed lived in Digital world which is not meant to be visited by people. It was created by the mystery Pokemon and there is no portal to it...yet.

Current starters!

Characters

Name: Mark Benington
Hometown: Begonia Town

Name: Kayla Pear
Hometown: Begonia Town

Story
You awaken on your birthday to a newscast about trainers going missing and all that's left behind is a strand of DNA. The professor of the town you live in calls you over and as a birthday present, gives you a starter Pokemon in order for you to start your journey. The professor asks if you can do something for him, to which you agree. He tasks you of investigating the missing trainers and report back as soon as something comes up. You journey across the region meeting new people and battling new foes, while also investigating the lost trainer case more and more when more trainers go missing. Finally, you reach a cross road and meet mysterious Pokemon for the first time, who aims to teleport you to the digital world, like it did with the rest of the trainers, but before it can, the legendary Pokemon comes in and saves you. The evil team soon becomes aware of this and marks you as their enemy. They somewho managed to create a teleportation stone which will lead you to Digital world. Now it's up to you to save missing trainers and stop evil team to catch the mysteryous Pokemon.

Features
~ New forms of old Pokemon
~ A couple of new Pokemon
~ New digital themed region to explore
~ Abillity to go to Digital World
~ Nice new graphics in general
~ Much more

Screenshots

Credits
~ Pocill
~ Maruno
~ Abnegation
~ Dewitty
~ Kyledove
~ Thedeadheroalistair
~ Ultimospriter
~ Pokemon-Diamond
~ TyranitarDark
~ Rbz-project
~ Nsora-96
~ xAlien95
~ Geoisevil
~ Luka SJ
~ Lostsoulsdev

Last edited by Riansky; November 6th, 2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old May 19th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Those screens looks great! I love the name of the hack too which I assume you're following the trend of X and Y? Anyway, good luck with this I'll keep watching.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:50 PM
Riansky
Purr

Its not a hack, but thank you I was already thinking about that name eaven before X Y were announced so its not really following a trend.

Anyway I've just finished maping a first of many caves you'll encounter on your adventure.

Heliotrope Cave

(Some things in the cave have been changed I just haven't updated the image jet)

And another ingame image of the cave

None of those tiles are public except the ones you'll find on dA by ultimospriter.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Wooah! I just love this.
All the graphics are amazing!! :3

Just makes me wanna play even more, can't wait to see this unfold more! :3

Good going, Riansky!!

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:34 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Nature: Adamant
I can only second Varion's comment, Rian! c:

The maps look lovely and the graphics only make them more appealing. I can't wait to see more from you. Keep it up!
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Riansky
Purr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Wooah! I just love this.
All the graphics are amazing!! :3

Just makes me wanna play even more, can't wait to see this unfold more! :3

Good going, Riansky!!
Thank you buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ęℓαчиıı View Post
I can only second Varion's comment, Rian! c:

The maps look lovely and the graphics only make them more appealing. I can't wait to see more from you. Keep it up!
Thank you!

I was not sure about the graphical style for some time as I didn't know if the people will like it, but I think everything turned out good and people tend to like the graphics

Anyway I have a small update for you. Meet them

.. The new heroes of Pokemon Zero & One, Kayla Pear, Mark Benington and Professor Maisie Pear ( Temporarly overworld )

I've changed the overworld style to HGSS as you can see, only because I want to make the game a bit more realistic in graphic style and also BW ows are a bit harder to work with. I've made some changes to the story also and will be updated asap same goes for screenshots.

Last edited by Riansky; June 17th, 2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Riansky
Purr

Updated the first post with amazing new logo by amazing Luka S.J.
Also added the characters section in and added the sprites of heros and a short bio about them.
Old June 4th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

All the sprites and maps for this looks good!!

Good going!

Old June 4th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riansky View Post

Anyway I have a small update for you. Meet them

.. The new heroes of Pokemon Zero & One, Kayla Pear, Mark Benington and Professor Maisie Pear ( Temporarly overworld )
It goes without saying that your graphics and updates look immaculate
one question though, kayla is related to the proffessor, but mark isn't? its kinda cool how much its like the hoenn games, is mark's dad a gym leader? haha
good luck! this is looking fantastic!
also, I remember hearing you're close to an udpdate or something (maybe im crazy and it was someone else) if you are then I wish you luck! if not then I hope you get to one soon!

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old June 9th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Riansky
Purr

Quote:
All the sprites and maps for this looks good!!

Good going!
Thank you much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
It goes without saying that your graphics and updates look immaculate
one question though, kayla is related to the proffessor, but mark isn't? its kinda cool how much its like the hoenn games, is mark's dad a gym leader? haha
good luck! this is looking fantastic!
also, I remember hearing you're close to an udpdate or something (maybe im crazy and it was someone else) if you are then I wish you luck! if not then I hope you get to one soon!
Thank you! That was my favorite thing in Hoenn so Im keeping it here. But no Mark's dad is not a Gym leader :D Anyway I don't remember saying I'm close to an update but still I've uploaded the new images in the first post to the most recent ones and I'll also put them here.

Spoiler:

Old June 12th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Riansky
Purr

Just gonna put those here

*flies away*
Old June 15th, 2013, 10:27 AM
lemanu99
Unhatched Egg

Looks very good , can't wait to play

looks really cool and i want to play it

Last edited by lemanu99; June 15th, 2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 17th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Riansky
Purr

Better for you :D that you play it when It comes out I mean Thanks
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Lovin' the textboxes, they be sum sxc scrns~

They new graphical style looks lovely! If you want some art of your new pokes, just let me know! I'll be more than happy to help out~
Old June 17th, 2013, 02:08 PM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Quote:

They new graphical style looks lovely! If you want some art of your new pokes, just let me know! I'll be more than happy to help out~
I second this, are your tiles custom made by you? I didnt look up above, but who ever is your spriter does excellent work.
My personal website. UPDATED 8/29/2013
Old June 21st, 2013, 02:10 PM
Riansky
Purr

Quote:

Thanks! When I'll need some art, I'll be sure to ask you, thank you hun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
I second this, are your tiles custom made by you? I didnt look up above, but who ever is your spriter does excellent work.
Most of the tiles are custom made by me yes, there are some public ones from tileartist from dA but they will be replaced by my own most likely. Thanks you!

Also :

Parts of Route 5 and Dahlia Forest.
Also showcasing a nice little device that will help you on your journey but more about that laterz!
Old June 22nd, 2013, 01:56 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:

Also showcasing a nice little device that will help you on your journey but more about that laterz!
The screens look lovely, hun! <3

The only thing I have to add is why not make the ledge darker on the mountain? It sort of blends in a bit, or at lead to me it does. The trees in the forest are lovely. I like how it shows the wood. It's a nice little addition.

dat device.
umph.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 06:16 AM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Quote:

Most of the tiles are custom made by me yes, there are some public ones from tileartist from dA but they will be replaced by my own most likely. Thanks you!

Also :

I like the interface, Is it from an official game? Or did you, or get someone to, make it for you?

Old July 14th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Riansky
Purr

Quote:
The screens look lovely, hun! <3

The only thing I have to add is why not make the ledge darker on the mountain? It sort of blends in a bit, or at lead to me it does. The trees in the forest are lovely. I like how it shows the wood. It's a nice little addition.

dat device.
umph.
Thank you hun! <3

Yeah I'll be chaning that, as I'm going through a bit of a style change I'll eventualy change that too.

Quote:
I like the interface, Is it from an official game? Or did you, or get someone to, make it for you?
Its custom made yes Thank you!

First in the series of the updates:

At the moment I'm quite busy and I'm not able to work much on a game, but I try to work on it every single day so the game is still progressing just a tad bit slower but the progress will eventualy speed up in a month or so. In the first series of updates I'll show you a tilestyle change I did. Its not much of a change but it is something and I think it looks way better then before. Some of the overworlds or tiles you will see are still temporarly and will eventualy be changed once I get them done.
Here is a teaser of few and also a teaser of starter choosing event which will be re-done a bit.

You can see that the text box now changes if you're talking to a male or female character. There is also a textbox change if you're talking with an important character. Thanks to lostsoulsdev for the help on the script. Another new feature we have is WSAD movement, because I feel if you're using a mouse WSAD movement is a must have feature, so big credits to Luka-SJ for an amazing mouse and wsad movement script.

And that is pretty much all for the today's update. Hope you all like it, if you have any suggestions what to improve, please say so.
Old July 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch

Oh god. This game keeps looking better and better.
Dx

The WASD thing is a brilliant idea. Surprised I've not seen of it on PC before.

Old July 14th, 2013, 12:47 PM
kronos9

Hi i know i'm new here, but i LOOVVEE this project! :D Before i even joined the foums i had been watching this for a while.. xD
Good luck with everything!
Old July 14th, 2013, 06:12 PM
joeyhugg

If you ever need help with the new Pokemon, PM me!
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Harvey_Create
Pokemon Apex Team Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Harvey_Create
Riansky, What can i say? I wish my game was as beautiful as yours. And as complete. Your Tilesets are awesome and match well, i love the Hero OW, and map setup is great!

I hope to see more and more as this progresses!
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds signature width limit (strictly 600 pixels or less).
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Riansky
Purr

Just finished updating the tiles. Now its mapping time

Also thank you everyone for your support!
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Tsukiyo
Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via AIM to Tsukiyo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tsukiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Tsukiyo
I feel I must point out that it sort of doesn't really make sense for DNA to fall from the sky. DNA is microscopic; even if it COULD fall, no one would ever know. It would be more logical if they discovered something that the DNA was on, whether that be a rock or an artifact or mysterious space debris or some piece of an organism [from the digital world] that they don't recognize as such because it's unknown to science...Whatever your decision, finding a single strand of DNA by itself is virtually impossible. This also applies to the disappearing trainers.

Last edited by Tsukiyo; July 17th, 2013 at 11:29 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here