The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Pokemon: Topaz version - Good? or not good?
It is awesome! Do it! 1 100.00%
It sounds pretty bland. Maybe just leave it as an idea. 0 0%
It's not even close to being good. Try again. 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old Posted July 12th, 2013 (09:25 AM). Edited July 12th, 2013 by kronos9.
kronos9's Avatar
kronos9
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Hi all, now I know that I am a total newbie as I have just joined the forums, but I wanted to get this idea out there.

I am going to use RPG Maker XP (Hopefully i'll be able to buy it soon - using trial version)

I wanted to start this fan-made game because I had a vast imagination on what I could do. Again, this is just an idea.

Topaz version is another game that will be in association with the line of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. (The color of the game is, or course, yellow). So, Topaz version will start in a new region known as the Osolis region. It is a fairly small region since it is only the beginning to the game. I will make it have a few new pokemon, or fakemon. Because it is a small region, there won't be as many fakemon nor will there be 8 gyms. There will only be 5 or 6 gyms. Topaz version will act in the same way as HG or SS did, where the player starts in one region, but travels to another. In Osolis there is Team Thunder (or lightning or electric, still haven't decided) and they will act in the same way Team Aqua/Magma did. The mascot legendary will be awoken and used for mass destruction, but whenever you think you have it under control, it takes off for the Hoenn region. Then you must travel there and tame it while at the same time, taming Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. (keep in mind, Osolis is fairly neighbored to Hoenn). The starting characters will be different (still working on them) and you will meet Brendan and May in Hoenn as very "masterful" trainers.

I am deciding whether or not to make the game layout in RSE style or my own (like the bag or pokedex). I am also trying to decide if I should make the game in HGSS format, like tiles, or RSE format. Sort of 3d looking like HGSS tiles or just use the RSE tiles.

I don't have any screenies because, again, this is just an idea.

(Please do not take this idea whether you like it or not, as I might actually try to make this game.)

Thanks for your time!
-kronos9
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old Posted July 12th, 2013 (10:38 AM).
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronos9 View Post
Hi all, now I know that I am a total newbie as I have just joined the forums, but I wanted to get this idea out there.

I am going to use RPG Maker XP (Hopefully i'll be able to buy it soon - using trial version)

I wanted to start this fan-made game because I had a vast imagination on what I could do. Again, this is just an idea.

Topaz version is another game that will be in association with the line of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. (The color of the game is, or course, yellow). So, Topaz version will start in a new region known as the Osolis region. It is a fairly small region since it is only the beginning to the game. I will make it have a few new pokemon, or fakemon. Because it is a small region, there won't be as many fakemon nor will there be 8 gyms. There will only be 5 or 6 gyms. Topaz version will act in the same way as HG or SS did, where the player starts in one region, but travels to another. In Osolis there is Team Thunder (or lightning or electric, still haven't decided) and they will act in the same way Team Aqua/Magma did. The mascot legendary will be awoken and used for mass destruction, but whenever you think you have it under control, it takes off for the Hoenn region. Then you must travel there and tame it while at the same time, taming Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza. (keep in mind, Osolis is fairly neighbored to Hoenn). The starting characters will be different (still working on them) and you will meet Brendan and May in Hoenn as very "masterful" trainers.

I am deciding whether or not to make the game layout in RSE style or my own (like the bag or pokedex). I am also trying to decide if I should make the game in HGSS format, like tiles, or RSE format. Sort of 3d looking like HGSS tiles or just use the RSE tiles.
This is optional, but well worth including. Mention anything that will make your game stand out, and anything that you think is important to your game or is worthy of note. This includes both features that you want to include and features that you have included.
I don't have any screenies because, again, this is just an idea.

(Please do not take this idea whether you like it or not, as I might actually try to make this game.)

Thanks for your time!
-kronos9
I like where you're going with this idea, but when you described it you mixed things up, the way yellow acted was how emerald acted, so make your game is how gold and silver acted, which you mentioned - stemming from that it actually sounds like a good idea (seeing as there are plenty of ruby-saphire-emerald remakes that dont pan out too well; yours however sounds a little more original.

as for the legendary idea, you may want to have the new team try to take control of rayquaza, leaving the player to have to control it, but it goes to hoenn, causing a stir with groudon and kyogre, the two who subordinate to rayquza, leaving the player to have to tame them all. its just a though
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old Posted July 12th, 2013 (04:38 PM).
joeyhugg's Avatar
joeyhugg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
I like this. I can make the Fakemon if you have concept art of exactly how you want it. PM me if you want me to make it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old Posted July 12th, 2013 (04:46 PM).
kronos9's Avatar
kronos9
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Wow thanks for the offer, joey. I can probably send you some drawings either tomorrow or the day after, if that's not too late. And when I say not that many fakemon, I really mean not that many fakemon. They'll just be a little portion of the pokedex.

@saving raven yeah sorry for the confusion. I mean to say the plot of the game will be similar to RSE while the structure of the game will be like HGSS. And the yellow (now like a dandelion color) part is just the main color of the game, not linking anything to the actual Yellow Version. Thanks for the feedback!
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old Posted July 12th, 2013 (04:57 PM).
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
oh I get it, still its a really cool idea
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old Posted July 13th, 2013 (06:56 PM).
kronos9's Avatar
kronos9
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Ok, i am thinking about actually starting this game up. I made the starting town in under 20 minutes today. It's called Birchleaf Town. (I will update the map with better stuff, this is basically the outline of everything)

Since i haven't made more than 15 posts i can't post images. SOOOO, the image is on my deviantart @ 0-rufus.deviantart.com

The image is sort of cut off at the top, but the top is just cliffs and stuff. Take a look and how about some of dat feedback?
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old Posted July 13th, 2013 (08:17 PM).
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronos9 View Post
Ok, i am thinking about actually starting this game up. I made the starting town in under 20 minutes today. It's called Birchleaf Town. (I will update the map with better stuff, this is basically the outline of everything)

Since i haven't made more than 15 posts i can't post images. SOOOO, the image is on my deviantart @ 0-rufus.deviantart.com

The image is sort of cut off at the top, but the top is just cliffs and stuff. Take a look and how about some of dat feedback?
REEEEEEEEEAAALLLYY empty - seems like a boring town, try filling it with decorations and maybe a house or two. The trees seem a little too box-like and more like a wall on the bottom right, maybe flesh it out a bit
the map isnt too bad it just seems too empty and theres a lot of sand
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old Posted July 13th, 2013 (09:11 PM).
kronos9's Avatar
kronos9
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
REEEEEEEEEAAALLLYY empty - seems like a boring town, try filling it with decorations and maybe a house or two. The trees seem a little too box-like and more like a wall on the bottom right, maybe flesh it out a bit
the map isnt too bad it just seems too empty and theres a lot of sand
Ok thanks for the feedback. I took what you said and tried to amplify the whole scene (0-rufus.deviantart.com) . I think it looks fairly good, but i could probably improve more things...

I'll probably start to make a development thread soon, once i have around 4-5 maps and decent scripts going on.
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old Posted July 13th, 2013 (09:24 PM).
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
wow, much better! I really like this one, the only thing that still throws me is why are there 3 of thise things lined up in a diagonal line?
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old Posted July 13th, 2013 (09:32 PM).
kronos9's Avatar
kronos9
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
^--- Oh yeah those windmill things.. i don't know, just put them there for no reason. xD
I'll probably change them to some shrubs or rocks.. or shrubs with rocks, or just leave it empty.. Thanks for the feedback though :D

So obviously, i have chosen the HGSS style of tileset. It might be hard to redo most of Hoenn in that tileset... We'll see what happens! :D
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old Posted July 14th, 2013 (06:07 PM).
joeyhugg's Avatar
joeyhugg
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Gender: Male
Can you draw the Pokemon out better? It has to look EXACTLY like it will in-game. For instance, I made this starter for Pokemon: Soulless Version.

Spoiler:
Before:
After:
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.