• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Favourite attack

xGal

Mhm
Years
As title says =3=

My favourite attack is Meteor Mash because of it's power, background ,the chance of raising Attack stat and the rarity of this. The only Pokémon can learn it are Metang, Metagross and Clefairy. What your's favourite attack?

Trinidad

Trinidad
Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I like hydro pump and sky uppercut mainly because I don't use pokemon that use those moves often ^_^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm assuming this was meant for favorite 3rd gen attacks, meaning moves introduced in generation III, but with answers like Splash and Hydro Pump, which are gen I moves, um. Yeah. I'm going to leave it open, but please, list your favorite move introduced in generation III, otherwise your post will be deleted as spam. :)

Altair1

Willpower
Years
There are a lot of moves introduced in Gen III that impressed me. It was nice to use new flying type moves such as Aerial Ace and Air Cutter over Wing Attack.
I also find Eruption and Water Spout interesting additions, using your own HP to determine the power of the move, it starts off with a hefty 150 base power.
What was really cool was the trio 'elemental hyper beams!' (Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn and Frenzy Plant)...

As for my favorite move though? It would have to be Dive. It lets you explore underwater and I'm surprised the future generations haven't implemented it as much as they could!

xGal

Mhm
Years
I'm assuming this was meant for favorite 3rd gen attacks, meaning moves introduced in generation III, but with answers like Splash and Hydro Pump, which are gen I moves, um. Yeah. I'm going to leave it open, but please, list your favorite move introduced in generation III, otherwise your post will be deleted as spam. :)

Ouch sorry this is my first time posting a thread in this section :-| Thanks for not closing im really appreciating that ;-)

Sirfetch’d

Definitely Water Spout as it made Kyogre sooo powerful. The only downside is it gets weaker as you lose HP, but at max health this move can quickly hurt the opposing Pokemon. Also I love water types and water moves overall anyways.

Years
Aerial Ace, because it's now one of the most efficient way to get past annoying evasion spammers. Also it has wide distribution which makes it even more fun to use!

Years
Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Psychic. They just really look powerful and I never get bored of the amazing attack animations for these. n~n;

Years
One of my favorite attacks that was added to the 3rd Gen was Dive, but mostly for its use outside of battle (and I really wish that RSE weren't the only games to make good use of it). If we're talking about attacks exclusively in battle though, I really loved Leaf Blade. It was one of my Sceptile's best attacks, and I always seemed to have good luck getting critical hits with it, meaning it won me many a battle.

Years
Gotta agree with Cirno too because no move can match the Power of ThunderBolt, Psychic and let's add some more : Ice Beam and Flamethrower. Because whenever i used these moves I always KO-ed by opponents

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Leaf Blade is one of my favorite attack animations in Gen III, with Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Surf, Hydro Pump, Earthquake and Flamethrower coming in close. They all have good base power too.

nitemate

Don't play Pokemon anymore ...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
I like pursuit because it can hit a Pokemon trying to flee or switch.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
Muddy water, good base power and had the awesome chance of lower their accuracy. The benefit of gen 3 is that it hit both opposing pokemon and left your team mate alone, but it's lower accuracy was enough for me to replace it with surf on my Swampert. It'll always have a place in my heart though.

Explosion was overpowered and cool too

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Dragon Dance was my favorite third generation move. It allowed me to increase my attack and speed power, which made my physical moves a lot stronger than they already were. Aromatherapy was my favorite as well, because it cured all of my Pokémon's status problems. Aerial Ace, Focus Punch, Fake Out, Superpower, and Trick were also my favorite battling moves. Outside of battle, my favorite move was Dive. It was very fun to explore the sea underwater. =)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 19, 2019
When i was a kid i remember getting my blaziken to learn mirror move and i loved that so much, then when i learned Fearow could learn it too, everytime i replayed FR/LG i would say Screw pidgey, I want a spearow!

Back