The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls

Notices

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Favorite water starter?
Squirtle 13 28.26%
Totodile 17 36.96%
Mudkip 17 36.96%
Piplup 15 32.61%
Oshawott 10 21.74%
Froakie 6 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 15th, 2013, 10:12 AM
The Dark Avenger
An Enigmagma

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
IN order of favorite to least favorite:

Oshawott - Best evolution, cute, razor shell, otter samurai. The perfect water pokemon. Though, as mentioned, dewott, is a disappointment. 9/10

Froakie - This is still pending on the evo's, but I really like the idea of a frog starter. 8/10

Tododile - Okay, I do like Tododile and croconaw, alot, but I am not fond of Feraligtr, I think it's the odd posture, but I don't dislike the design. 7/10

Squirtle - I am not too fond of squirtle, and blastoise reminds me of a water bowzer, it doesn't really speak to my taste though I don't totally dislike the line. I actually really like Wartortle, oddly enough since I don't usually care about the intermediary lines. 6.5/10

Piplup - Piplup is mediocre as well as its evolutions. It all just bores me. I am a bit confused as to why it is leading in the poll. 5/10

Mudkip - I actually think mudkip is cute, and wanted to pick him, at first. Swampert is one of the absolute ugliest pokemon ever created, and by far the ugliest fully-evolved starter pokemon. 2.5/10

Avatar by Myself & Signature by Suikuzu

Last edited by The Dark Avenger; July 15th, 2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old July 15th, 2013, 05:45 PM
megapokemon3
Lover of every Pokemon

I like all the water starter pokemon my favorites would have to go
Mudkip>Squirtle>Piplup>Totodile>Oshawatt>Froakie
Froakie may move further up my list but so far we don't know much about him so I can rate him up very high, I still love froakie though
Mudkip is my favorite though, he evolves into swampert and I beat the game every single time with him :D
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
technically none of them until Oshawott becomes Samurott. Samurott is the ONLY reason why I chose Oshawott in all the 5th gen games. I guess it could technically make Oshawott my answer even though I don't care for it that much. I'll say Oshawott because it eventually evolves into my favorite water type Pokémon
Old July 25th, 2013, 02:24 AM
nitemate
Don't play Pokemon anymore ...

Nature: Rash
I choose mudkip as swampert is really strong having good movepool and stats
Old July 27th, 2013, 08:51 PM
BubbleBeams
Defeating Champions Since 1999

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to BubbleBeams
✧・゚:*✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Pretty much sums up how I feel about Oshawatt, Dewott AND Samurott.
Old July 28th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Dott

Nature: Timid
I definitely like Totodile the best. I'm not sure why, he's just super cute, plus he was my first pokemon ever.

Old August 13th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Pokemount
Hello

Nature: Jolly
I don't dislike any of them, but my vote went to Totodile. Second choice would go to Squirtle.
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Wobbu
Yee

Nature: Relaxed
Piplup is my favorite Water type starter mainly because of Empoleon. First: I like Penguins. Second: I like Steel types. Third: You can surf on one in Shadows of Almia. The Napoleon reference is cool to.

Totodile is my second favorite. I remember seeing one in a contest in Emerald that was nicknamed Totdil, and I thought that was the coolest nickname lol. I also love it in the anime. It cracks me up and I love the Donald Duck voice XD
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Arron13
Calm, Relaxed, but Competative

Nature: Relaxed
This is a tough one because the water types are almost always my favorite of all the starters, and I was caught between squirte and totodile, but I picked totodile. I loved totodile in the anime and was always a beast in the games. Even though I think Blastoise > Feraligatr.
Old August 16th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Ayselipera

Well not trying to be boring here, but I definitely have to say Squirtle. I generally like all the water starters besides the Mudkip line, but Squirtle is the only one where I think I can say I like each individual Pokemon in the line. With Wartortle being my favorite out of any water starter stage.
Old August 20th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
I vote for both Mudkip and Oshawott, which are both in my all-time favorites.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here