The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What music player programs do you use?
iTunes 5 26.32%
Winamp 6 31.58%
VLC 2 10.53%
Windows Media Player 4 21.05%
Other (please specify) 6 31.58%
I only listen to music on the go 1 5.26%
I don't listen to music at all 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 14th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Tsutarja
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
For those of you who listen to music on your computer, which music player (or music players) do you use?

I use iTunes and Winamp primarily for my music listening, but sometimes I use Windows Media player or VLC to do so.
Old July 14th, 2013, 04:15 PM
physi1

Nature: Bold
I use VLC, primarily because it starts instantly enough and has an effective interface.
Since getting my new machine I have vowed never to install iTunes again, it takes so darn long to load up.
Old July 14th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
If I'm going to listen to music on my PC, I use Winamp because I find it has the beat features and everything. It does what I want it to do, which is why I use it.
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Denny Hamlin
Où t'es? Papa, où t'es?

Nature: Brave
I import my playlist to Spotify, but by default I use Windows Media Player and sometimes iTunes to listen to my music. But mostly I find myself listening to my music on Spotify.
Old July 14th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
I actually use foobar2000. Nice little lightweight player.
Old July 14th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Very rarely do I listen to music on my own PC, but when I do I use Winamp - I love the lyrics addon, where the lyrics of the song are displayed when the song is playing.

Most of the time all my music I listen to is on my cell phone.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenge -
Random Challenge - Badges: 4/8 - game: X - Location: Coumarine City
50/50 Challenge - Badges 3/8 - Game Y - Location: Shalour City
Old July 14th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

I can't really listen to music on my computer anymore now that I don't have speakers, but all I used to use was Windows Media Player. It did exactly what I needed it to and was much quicker to start up than iTunes, so I didn't bother downloading any other players when I had a perfectly fine one already.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: BUG // ROCK
Old July 15th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I usually use Windows Media Player for most music, but I also use iTunes frequently to update the songs on my iPod Shuffle.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old July 16th, 2013, 01:49 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

I use Media Monkey since it's easy to transfer songs in and out of my iPod without it having to mess up anything. Also it keeps good track of the song, the album and all those nice details about the song. It's also easy to use, customizable, plug-ins are available and the songs are very well organized with it. I've been using it since 2009 and I'm satisfied by it's performance very much that I dumped WMP and Winamp for it.
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
VLC for video, iTunes for music. I don't like iTunes but I play my music off of my iPod when it's plugged into the computer so I'm forced to use it pretty much. :(

pair | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3
Old July 18th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Purple Materia
Shape the future!
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Careful
Winamp for music and Media Player Classic for anime.

I tried foobar and iTunes and while foobar was nice and iTunes was a gleaming turd, I don't think I can possibly use anything besides Winamp. Although I did like the one that comes bundled with Ubuntu.

"I have fallen from the Land of Magic. I am Stardust Witch Meruru!"
Combat Arms | Raptr | Hummingbird | Last.fm
Old July 18th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Starry Windy
Cute, yet Strong!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I usually used Winamp for playing music, and VLC for my video. I occasionally used Windows Media Player though.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old July 19th, 2013, 06:50 PM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
foobar2000 is absolutely the best music player available on Windows. Simple interface, lightweight, and with almost as much plugin support as Winamp. I can play all my video game music in original format (e.g., USF) with no problems. Love it. I don't know why this wasn't an option and VLC was, VLC isn't even a music player. It's a movie player that just happens to also be able to play music. If you're going to put that on there, you should put MPC-HC on there, as well.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Old July 20th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Zet
Community Supporter

Another foobar2000 user here. It's the king of music players.
Old July 20th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Tsutarja
Community Supporter

I actually forgot about what foobar2000 was when I made this poll because I've never used it (and I haven't heard anyone in my life mention it in a while), but I do know of people who do and they say it's a simple and fast program. I'll probably try it out one of these days as I have done with other programs in the past.
Old July 20th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
I actually forgot about what foobar2000 was when I made this poll because I've never used it (and I haven't heard anyone in my life mention it in a while), but I do know of people who do and they say it's a simple and fast program. I'll probably try it out one of these days as I have done with other programs in the past.
You should be able to edit the poll if you want to add Foobar.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I love iTunes. It works well, looks good, runs just fine for me (if you have the resources for it, I realise it's heavy on slower/older gear). I buy a reasonable amount of music from iTunes, so to have it automatically download on all of my devices (Desktop, Laptop, phone and tablet) is really useful.

The other app I use is Spotify. It's not perfect, but what it offers is just amazing. When I'm in a position to do so, I'll be getting a premium membership, that's for sure.
Old July 20th, 2013, 06:28 AM
R.F.
Badass Overlord

Nature: Calm
foobar2000 on Windows and Audacious on Linux (alternatively mplayer, which can also be used as a video player).
Old July 20th, 2013, 06:37 AM
ShadowE
Swarm Hosts, abusing dem Swarm Hosts
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Since it was automatically installed on my laptop, im listening my music on the Windows Media Player... Im too lazy to get a other music player
Old July 20th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

I'm using foobar2000, something I recently downloaded because I hated using iTunes to put stuff on my iPod.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old July 21st, 2013, 05:06 PM
White Glint
Anatolia's Ace

Nature: Bashful
I've been using Winamp for the most part It has a Black Gold Saw skin, so that's the main reason, and unless foobar2000 has one I won't be changing, but I've been meaning to check out something else. I have VLC, but mostly for Video purposes. Since foobar seems to be godtier in this thread, I might have to look into it.

"You are trespassing on Line Ark territory. Pull back immediately...or we will respond with lethal force."
Got a Facebook? Come say hi!
Twitter is also welcome. Note: Probably more vulgar, NFSW, and Fighting Game related!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here