The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 15th, 2013, 02:54 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
That reminds me of the fan art with the obese Fennekin being it's final evolution...I hope that's not how it'll look xD.
Old July 15th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Fairy_Master

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
That reminds me of the fan art with the obese Fennekin being it's final evolution...I hope that's not how it'll look xD.
Oh god I certainly hope thats not the case. It needs a very lush and beatiful.
It is based off of France's foxes after all.

I mean look at what they did. Chespin (a chipmunk of sorts) is everywhere in the trees of France. Squirrels are more common in other places. Froakie (the frog). I mean hello? Frog legs anyone? Maybe HE is the edible Pokemon in the game, not Swirlix lol. And Fennekin, the fox? Fox hunts were all over france and Europe.

My theory is Chespin will bulk up and be the heavy hitter. Froakie will easily become the swift one, and Fennekin seems likely to be a specialty use, I just hope the design isnt thwomped.
Old July 15th, 2013, 03:19 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy_Master View Post

I mean look at what they did. Chespin (a chipmunk of sorts) is everywhere in the trees of France. Squirrels are more common in other places. Froakie (the frog). I mean hello? Frog legs anyone? Maybe HE is the edible Pokemon in the game, not Swirlix lol. And Fennekin, the fox? Fox hunts were all over france and Europe.

My theory is Chespin will bulk up and be the heavy hitter. Froakie will easily become the swift one, and Fennekin seems likely to be a specialty use, I just hope the design isnt thwomped.
Actually Fennekin is based on a type of fox (Fennec) not native to France, though it is native to it's former colony of Algeria.

I agree with you that that will proably be the set up for the final evolutions.
Old July 15th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Fairy_Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
Actually Fennekin is based on a type of fox (Fennec) not native to France, though it is native to it's former colony of Algeria.

I agree with you that that will proably be the set up for the final evolutions.
Oh no no no, I know its designed after the fennec foxes. But I mean the IDEA of the foxes came from france. The fact they picked a fennec fox was so it could accurately be portrayed as a starter. I am sure that it's evolutions will be more related to the Red Foxes in Europe.
Old July 15th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Flamebot

Why skates tho? Bikes are faster. And the videos I have seen where bikes if I remember correctly.

Also how do so many people know what these pokemon are based off of.

Last edited by Flamebot; July 15th, 2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Fairy_Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamebot View Post
Why skates tho? Bikes are faster. And the videos I have seen where bikes if I remember correctly.

Also how do so many people know what these pokemon are based off of.
What? I have yet to see a video of the players on a bike. Only skates and gogoat. I would love to see even Ryhorn if it was possible. But I think they only verbally confirmed you can ride Ryhorn.

Oh, and we know what they are based on cuz we use our eyes. Plus, GF confirmed many of them.

Last edited by Fairy_Master; July 15th, 2013 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Flamebot

Quote:
What? I have yet to see a video of the players on a bike. Only skates and gogoat. I would love to see even Ryhorn if it was possible. But I think they only verbally confirmed you can ride Ryhorn.
I think you will only be able to ride mount pokemon, gogoat is a mount pokemon so I highly doubt ryhorn will be ridable but you never know

And I mean how do people know what typenof fox the starter is based off of becsause I highly doubt that the average person knows that type of fox.

Last edited by Troye; July 16th, 2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Double post
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Fairy_Master

Quote:
I think you will only be able to ride mount pokemon, gogoat is a mount pokemon so I highly doubt ryhorn will be ridable but you never know
Uhhhh.....no. GF confirmed the only ridable pokemon (so far) are Gogoat and Ryhorn. It has been proven correct.
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Bikes have existed for like, ever. While I completely understand the nostalgic value of keeping them around, skates just seem ultimately better for the aesthetic value, and bringing in something new and fresh for once. I won't really care if they still keep bikes around as an option, but I would heavily prefer skates as they just seem to be a more of a fresher addition for those that are just tired of bikes, overall.
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Flamebot

Quote:
Uhhhh.....no. GF confirmed the only ridable pokemon (so far) are Gogoat and Ryhorn. It has been proven correct.
Two thing 1 you don't need to be so rude -.- 2. They could change Ryhorns classification or w.e into a mount type if he's gonna be rideable.
Old July 15th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Fairy_Master

Quote:
Two thing 1 you don't need to be so rude -.- 2. They could change Ryhorns classification or w.e into a mount type if he's gonna be rideable.
Not trying to be rude. Its just so many people KNOW Ryhorn is ridable and its been confirmed for so long now that its surprising someone didnt know.

And for your info, not all ridable pokemon are mounts. Dodrio, Arcanine, Ryhorn, Onix, Dewgong, even Starmie was ridden at some point in the game/anime/manga.
So dont think only mounts can be ridden.
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Salt-the-Sloth

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Hey wait, so was that the only NEW pokemon mentioned in the movie?
Then what was the deal with Sableye on the poster? No new evo for him?

I do too. Its totally plausible. Dragon is the last "Special" type so it could happen.
However....I will take on your "Drageon" with my Sylveon any day.
Fairy Powaaaahhhh!!!!! hehehe
What's this about Sableye? I haven't seen anything, do you have a picture?
There's countless pieces of evidence that proves my little dragon Eevee exists :3 It shall be called "Draceon", I can smell it. And I'll be having Sylveon too, I call a double battle!!
Quote:

This^ I wrote down what stats I think the final evo's would be and we got the same haha! It just seems to obvious, but we could be wrong. And I totally agree with Fennekin becoming "lush and beautiful", but I've reached a dilemma. I do want it to be LIKE Ninetales, but the way its going I feel like we'll just be given Ninetales v2.0 :/ I want it to look awesome, but not TOO much like Ninetales.

As for Rhyhorn, that too was shown in the intro haha! Apparently it was seen smashing boulders..?(Someone check this I'm uncertain) But yeah we'll just have to wait. Nintendo Direct should be up within the next few days, potentially tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's got some news for us!
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Jerricko

What if fennekin is just the baby evolution of vulpix o.o

Black2 FC - 5072 5607 6912
I have no idea what I'm doing
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:45 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerricko View Post
What if fennekin is just the baby evolution of vulpix o.o
That's not happening. Sure, Vulpix and Fennekin are based on foxes, but that doesn't make them evolutionarily related. Plus, Fennekin is already confirmed to be a starter, so it will evolve into something different entirely.

Old July 16th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Salt-the-Sloth

Okay guys I was doing a bit of research on Norse Mythology, which is the apparent inspiration of Pokemon X and Y (google it if you want proof) and I happened upon something VERY intriguing. Take a look guys :
"Before there was soil, or sky, or any green thing, there was only the gaping abyss of Ginnungagap. This chaos of perfect silence and darkness lay between the homeland of elemental fire, Muspelheim, and the homeland of elemental ice, Niflheim."
Anyone get the link? Let's just say that GF is using this as their inspiration. Now, I'm 99.9% that Team Flare aren't the only bad guys, so am I right to think that the other evil organization is Ice based?? Team Flare vs. Team Frost ?!?! And if that gaping abyss "Ginnungagap" were also to be implemented in Pokemon X and Y, it would definitely be the "Distortion World" or "(I don't remember what it was for Gen 5, was it Giant Chasm?)".
Unfortunately I don't have any solid evidence to back up my statements, they're just theories. But wouldn't it be cool?!
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:37 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt-the-Sloth View Post
Okay guys I was doing a bit of research on Norse Mythology, which is the apparent inspiration of Pokemon X and Y (google it if you want proof) and I happened upon something VERY intriguing. Take a look guys :
"Before there was soil, or sky, or any green thing, there was only the gaping abyss of Ginnungagap. This chaos of perfect silence and darkness lay between the homeland of elemental fire, Muspelheim, and the homeland of elemental ice, Niflheim."
Anyone get the link? Let's just say that GF is using this as their inspiration. Now, I'm 99.9% that Team Flare aren't the only bad guys, so am I right to think that the other evil organization is Ice based?? Team Flare vs. Team Frost ?!?! And if that gaping abyss "Ginnungagap" were also to be implemented in Pokemon X and Y, it would definitely be the "Distortion World" or "(I don't remember what it was for Gen 5, was it Giant Chasm?)".
Unfortunately I don't have any solid evidence to back up my statements, they're just theories. But wouldn't it be cool?!
While I did Google up the theory you mentioned, I have to take it with a grain of salt, I'm afraid, because Junichi Masuda himself said that Pokemon X and Y are primarily based on France.

Old July 16th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Fairy_Master

Quote:
There's countless pieces of evidence that proves my little dragon Eevee exists :3 It shall be called "Draceon", I can smell it. And I'll be having Sylveon too, I call a double battle!!

This^ I wrote down what stats I think the final evo's would be and we got the same haha! It just seems to obvious, but we could be wrong. And I totally agree with Fennekin becoming "lush and beautiful", but I've reached a dilemma. I do want it to be LIKE Ninetales, but the way its going I feel like we'll just be given Ninetales v2.0 :/ I want it to look awesome, but not TOO much like Ninetales.

As for Rhyhorn, that too was shown in the intro haha! Apparently it was seen smashing boulders..?(Someone check this I'm uncertain) But yeah we'll just have to wait. Nintendo Direct should be up within the next few days, potentially tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's got some news for us!
Well I doubt they are going to give Fennekin multiple tails like the Ninetales line. If anything, they are planning to make it vastly different for the very same reason. Its not the same pokemon. Its already been shown that Fennekin knows psychic so if anything, it will have a more ethereal/spiritual look to it.

Quote:
Wow. Thats completely plausible. I can see GF doing that but it would be too similar to team Aqua and Magma (yeah yeah yeah I know Magma was technically an "land-based" team but come on, they always used fire pokemon). But hopefully, if this IS the case, they make a much more in depth and vastly different from Aqua and Magma. As for Ginnungagap, they KIND of already did that with Giratina, so if anything they may incorporate in the "Z" version of the game, and base it more on the underworld.

Quote:
Sorry, and I forgot to mention the Sableye evo has been a rumor for a while, but Sableye appeared on the Genesect/Mewtwo movie poster. Many people suspected thats cuz it would play a major role (because it was the only pokemon featured on the poster that was neither a main character, or a pokemon belonging to ash and his friends. I was just hoping it would be proven true.

As for a double battle? Bring it on Bi-....I mean BUDDY! Cx0
I am the Fairy Master after all my dear sweet naive friend-boy. lol
But seriously though.....you stand no chance against me. jk jk

Last edited by Fairy_Master; July 16th, 2013 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Salt-the-Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
While I did Google up the theory you mentioned, I have to take it with a grain of salt, I'm afraid, because Junichi Masuda himself said that Pokemon X and Y are primarily based on France.
I'm sorry but I don't get how that relates to this..? There are plenty of reasons to suggest this being wrong, but the fact its set in France is not one of them.
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Hayabusa-Kun
Happy Go Lucky

Nature: Brave
I think that Yvetal might be the most coolest Pokemon i've ever seen!
Old July 16th, 2013, 02:57 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't get how that relates to this..? There are plenty of reasons to suggest this being wrong, but the fact its set in France is not one of them.
It's just the way you worded it that made me say those words. "Apparently" made me think that Norse mythology was the primary basis of X/Y.

Old July 16th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Salt-the-Sloth

Quote:
It's just the way you worded it that made me say those words. "Apparently" made me think that Norse mythology was the primary basis of X/Y.
Oh no no I'm not saying its the primary basis, nor any basis for that matter. I just thought the coincidences seemed too many to let go, and wanted to hear what everyone else had to say. This is a speculation thread after all. But then, what do you think? Do you think Team Flare will be solo bad guys this time round?

Also, saying it can't be based on Norse mythology because its set in France is like saying Zekrom and Reshiram can't be based on Ying and Yang because it's set in New York..
Old July 16th, 2013, 04:15 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Oh no no I'm not saying its the primary basis, nor any basis for that matter. I just thought the coincidences seemed too many to let go, and wanted to hear what everyone else had to say. This is a speculation thread after all. But then, what do you think? Do you think Team Flare will be solo bad guys this time round?

Also, saying it can't be based on Norse mythology because its set in France is like saying Zekrom and Reshiram can't be based on Ying and Yang because it's set in New York..
Nah i dont think team Flare will be the only bad guys either.Fire needs to go with something else.
Team Frost sounds nice!What Pokemon will they be using?Sneasel/Weavel?

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old July 16th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Junichi Matsuda said the said the inspiration for Kalos is France. There is very little support for Norse idea when Matsuda revealed France as the main inspiration.

As for Sableye, it played no major role in the movie from what I read in the Synopsis. Only real mentioning of Sableye was at the beginning where it was said to be so shy that Ash is the first person it has opened up to. Other than that Ash is bonding with Dowse Genesect and fighting Red Genesect.

Gamefreak has confirmed that there are more rideable pokemon than just gogoat. The strategy guide will have a small section explaining everything about riding pokemon, which ones you can ride and what ability they have to assist you on your travels.

Dragon type eevee has no support to existance. Sylveon is the only marketed Eevee evolution. Based on all advertisements Sylveon is all we are getting.
Old July 16th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Jerricko

Quote:
That's not happening. Sure, Vulpix and Fennekin are based on foxes, but that doesn't make them evolutionarily related. Plus, Fennekin is already confirmed to be a starter, so it will evolve into something different entirely.
It was just a conspiracy keanu reeves joke but I was too lazy to go to memegenerator, drawing on vulpix and fennekin are fire fox pokemon and fennekin reminds me a bit of ninetails.
Old July 16th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
Nah i dont think team Flare will be the only bad guys either.Fire needs to go with something else.
Team Frost sounds nice!What Pokemon will they be using?Sneasel/Weavel?
I like the idea of an Ice based antagonist but I have a feeling that since they've already had Magma/Aqua combo, they will stick to just the one being Team Flare.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links