The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 31st, 2012 (01:38 PM).
Correspondence

I think i only tried the Glitch city in my Yellow.I did try the Old man glitch but i didn't see any MissingNos.
Old November 5th, 2012 (02:26 PM).
y0r124
EpicTrainer

Nature: Naughty
I ever done the missingno, mew, and even ditto glitch, it encounter me a Cooltrainer type glitch o.O
.. And I was shocked by Lv140 up Mewtwo O.o
but that was cool xD

Visit Me Facebook

Goto→

I'm Support these hacks :

Thanks to Banner by to123x
Dark Energy (No Banner)
Old November 21st, 2012 (03:43 PM).
SamuJake
I beat Red when I was 8' bro.

Nature: Modest
Last week when I was in the Pokemon tower on my way to defeat team Rocket(Playing Pokemon Yellow), I walked on the healing platform and then walked up and Pikachu walked 2 spaces behind me and walked through other people. I filmed it, would anyone want to see it?
Old November 21st, 2012 (05:42 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nature: Timid
That sounds cool. :o Yeah, feel free to post the video here. Was this on a legit cartridge or an emulator though? Cause if it was on an emu, then it was probably just some little emulator glitch. :(
Old November 28th, 2012 (10:13 PM).
Stodd
Dragon Tamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Stodd Send a message via Skype™ to Stodd
about the pokemon glitch ゥL ||ゥM 4 (which translates to aga), someon should make a hack of a game with this as your starter. i was looking at moves and bast stats and it seems to look like a regular pokemmon. someone should make this into a fakemon in a hack. i'm not yet good enough to do it, but it seems like an awesome idea! here is a link to his page on bulbapedia! http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/LM4
-The best thing about modern generations are the moves! I like Aerial Ace and Water Pulse.

Gen I and II are SUPERIOR
BY FAR
Old December 21st, 2012 (05:23 PM).
Vapie
Togepi

Nature: Quirky
I have done sooo much cloning in my day and was deeply saddened when I couldn't do it anymore in GBA games. I've also done Missingno a few times.

But once I was playing Crystal and was training my Eevee in the grass directly south of Goldenrod. I battled a Rattata as always, but when I got my 33 points of exp my exp bar filled up and it leveled. It didn't stop, it kept leveling until like 99 I believe, at this point my health bar had stretched across the battle screen and all kinds of nonsense. But the Eevee sadly did not evolve into the Espeon that I was training for. I never could replicate this glitch, anyone else have this one? Or heard of it?
Old January 14th, 2013 (05:34 PM).
wooden leg smith
Unhatched Egg

I’m currently experimenting in pokemon yellow on the advanced glitches that, to my knowledge, aren’t really well known. (or not a lot is known about them or how they work) I’m talking about other glitch pokemon, glitch items, Q, and combining pokemon and things along that line.

someone on youtube named missingno expert (can't post links cause I'm new) made a series of interesting videos on them and I was honestly surprised how far it went.

Is this a good place to discuss this? Is there much interest in this?
I didn’t look through this whole thread so let me know if all of this has already been covered extensively. I’d like to collect info on these and see what more it has to offer. (even if he already covered everything or most things, I’d like to myself)
I’m doing this on an emulator btw, I have cartridges but they are glitchy from being old, and I don’t feel like using my gameboy anymore.
Old January 15th, 2013 (12:15 PM).
Ravenfreak
Raven rocks! :D

Nature: Brave
I've recently been doing tons of glitch research in foreign versions of Blue and Yellow both on Glitch Pokemon and Items as well. I am also in the process of doing so for each glitch attack, though it seems they are very similar to their English counterparts. I've also made a few videos and started my own Glitch series, but seeing how it only has 9 views i'm probably not going to continue that series... :\ Here's my glitch research topic over at GCL, there's tons of info. in the thread and I don't feel like copy/pasting it here. I've also found another "glitch city" in Gialla version due to the glitch Pokemon that occupies hex slot BF's second type. But I don't know if I can post videos here. Anyway here's said thread enjoy!
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index....ic,6570.0.html

Challenges completed:
Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge-Using Katie the Venusaur in Blue final Level:70
Defeat the Elite Four + Champion with 1 Pokemon!-Using Katie the Venusaur in Blue Level:74
Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge-Using Swampert in Ruby Level:67
Love Sonic the hedgehog? Come join The Final Zone today!
http://thefinalzone.org/
Old January 20th, 2013 (06:47 AM).
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I'm going to attempt the Celebi Egg Glitch in Crystal but since training (or even finding) Sneasel is difficult, I've been wondering if instead of using Beat Up in the third move slot to get Celebi, I should just use a Pokemon with Reflect in it's fourth move slot to get the GS Ball instead. What I need to know is, would the GS Ball work, as in will Kurt recognize it? Or would it just be useless?
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old January 30th, 2013 (08:12 PM). Edited February 11th, 2013 by Kawaii Pikachu :3.
Kawaii Pikachu :3
"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"

Nature: Gentle
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share this youtube video I thought was pretty funny. It's not officially a glitch but it shows what happens if you don't get your starter Pokémon and use the 'walk through walls' cheat. It's pretty entertaining.

Here is my own version of the Mew glitch in Pokémon Yellow (ROM). I know it has been described but I want to put the video I did to show others that this really works and for those who haven't seen it.

Old February 10th, 2013 (07:17 AM).
Nusdogg
6IV Shiny Master

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooden leg smith View Post
someone on youtube named missingno expert (can't post links cause I'm new) made a series of interesting videos on them and I was honestly surprised how far it went.
I've been watching his videos, and yes indeed, it's very interesting. Thats how I got my 130 rare candies and master balls along with catching Mew in Yellow version. Thanks to him!
Old March 20th, 2013 (11:20 PM).
dungeonmaster201

Did any of you know that it was completly possible to get all of the starter pokemon via the missingno glitch? with Z q r in the 3 5 and 7th name slots it was possible. and they were over lvl 100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNXU...39C95&index=28

what over 100s have you guys gotten?
Old March 30th, 2013 (06:01 AM).
macboycolor
Unhatched Egg

I have a pikachu that know surf,icebeam and movesets from Vaporeon it's a hybrid done from a Missingno glitch somebody showed me. I don't feel like explaining how i did it. Look it up on google
Old April 13th, 2013 (02:07 PM).
RoreyG
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
Does anybody know how to do the glitch in Pokemon Gold that'll allow me to get all three starters?

Old April 15th, 2013 (11:34 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoreyG View Post
Does anybody know how to do the glitch in Pokemon Gold that'll allow me to get all three starters?
This youtube video goes through it.
Old April 18th, 2013 (02:30 PM).
katie kline
Unhatched Egg

is there a glitch that allows you to catch another trainers Pokemon?
Old May 28th, 2013 (11:50 AM).
Ravenfreak
Raven rocks! :D

Nature: Brave
While there isn't a glitch to steal trainer's Pokemon there is a Gameshark code you can use.

Challenges completed:
Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge-Using Katie the Venusaur in Blue final Level:70
Defeat the Elite Four + Champion with 1 Pokemon!-Using Katie the Venusaur in Blue Level:74
Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge-Using Swampert in Ruby Level:67
Love Sonic the hedgehog? Come join The Final Zone today!
http://thefinalzone.org/
Old June 10th, 2013 (06:12 AM).
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
I'm not sure if it's a glitch, per se, but I love using a variation of missingno glitch To catch safari zone Pokemon and the like. I basically just visit the safari zone, wander all the way through it and then leave and surf along the edge of Cinibar Island - Pokemon from the last area you visited appear.

Has anyone else noticed the old man in Viridian City disappears in Yellow? this is in ROMs, not sure about the actual game.

Deceased:

Old June 10th, 2013 (01:36 PM).
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

I've never actually knew there were glitches when I first played Pokemon, I had this idea that game companies have all the money & time they need to make flawless games, also I never (ever) encountered a glitch in my life so I'm somewhat ignorant concerning glitches

Honestly I wouldn't attempt to try any of these glitches, I wouldn't wanna ruin anything in my games...
Old July 1st, 2013 (08:33 AM).
TehFisharmahn

Relax, not every glitch breaks the game. Some Missingno. glitches do, glitch city could too, I guess, but a Mew Glitch does nothing. What's more, with it you can catch almost any Pokemon. This way I had a Growlithe in Pokemon Blue. After you play Pokemon for more than 10 years, normal game bores you a bit

Also there'a s funny glitch which lets you get a Poke Flute without Silph Scope. You just give a Pokedoll to the Marowak mother. Normally, Pokedoll makes you run away any Pokemon. There's a bug which makes the Ghost disappear and not move you back, so you can pass through.
Old July 1st, 2013 (05:12 PM).
Tsutarja

I've pretty much activated all the Gen I glitches in my Blue version, including the Mew glitch.. and let me tell you, the Missingno./’M glitch(es) can mess up your Hall of Fame forever. Though I know it's not always a bad thing, because some of the glitchy HoF screens change the music xD
Old July 16th, 2013 (05:41 AM).
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

I've learned that you can abuse the game's exploits to reprogram parts of the RAM and then forcibly load it. This does not involve Gameshark or any other cheats in any way. There's a video on YouTube of a person doing this through an emulator with button steps shown, and he made Pinkie Pie's cutie mark along with the MLP theme just by switching a series of items/pokemon.
Old July 17th, 2013 (10:02 PM).
yeahhhboiii

Nature: Relaxed
Just recently a good friend of mine bought Pokemon Red for his Game Boy Color, and I walked him through the Mew glitch to the best of my abilities. Luckily it worked, and he received a Mew and traded it to me. I was wondering, did you take part in the Mew glitch, and if you did, which way did you do it, and did you train/trade the Mew?
Old July 18th, 2013 (02:53 AM).
Warship
異議あり!

Just like you i also made my friend do it on blue version. We opened the menu just when a battle was starting teleported back to cerulean fought a jr. trainer teleported back to cerulean went to route 24 and the menu opened automatically. Upon closing it we encountered a lv7 Mew. Then he trained it to Lv.40.
Growlithe - Charmeleon - Braixen
Old July 23rd, 2013 (05:40 AM).
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Yup. Did this on a Red cartridge a few years ago. Still have the little bugger on Stadium 2

I used it to tank the whole game. It's rather overpowered. At level 44 I was one-hitting about everything with Psychic.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links