The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 20th, 2013, 08:48 PM
CardSeller5
Unhatched Egg

Do people still buy cards online? Like off of e-bay? Or is is pointless to even try to sell them?
Old June 20th, 2013, 09:19 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

People absolutely do still buy online.

But if you overprice your cards, there's a very high risk that you won't sell a single one.
Old June 21st, 2013, 06:20 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Between May 27th and this past Sunday, I bought 13 different cards from the first 2 generations (check the card collection thread for pictures of them). I used eBay all but one time when I couldn't find a Ho-Oh card in mint condition and had to use PokéOrder to buy it, which costed me a good sum of money. I plan on buying more in the future off eBay. I notice that someone was trying to sell a first edition holographic Zapdos card for $1000 on eBay and it made me think, "does he or she really think they can sell that card for that much?". I mean, that card is rare nowadays but $1000? Some are either greedy, have no clue what the value is or they do know how to properly price items. I've been lucky to find the ones I want at reasonable prices.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:52 AM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I just bought a couple of shinings last week.
Old June 21st, 2013, 10:01 AM
spike6958
Actor in Training

Nature: Brave
Yes they do. I started collecting the cards again this year and I've bought Base, Jungle, Wizard Promo, Fossil, Base 2, Team Rocket, Gym Heroes, Southern Island and Rumble sets from eBay, as it's pretty much the only way to get them in the UK.
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:33 AM
drr26

Nature: Relaxed
I always buy online. I got base set Charizard in a great deal after about 10 years of wanting it
Old July 21st, 2013, 05:34 PM
PokemonDatafreak

Nature: Careful
There are a lot of people that sell on Ebay.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links