The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Old July 18th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Nature: Timid
The new graphics! They're breathtaking and I can't wait to engage in Pokemon battles/go through the maps with this new style. The new Pokemon, especially Sylveon and Inkay, are really pushing me to get these too.

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Esper

I'm still looking for a good enough reason. It's all looking good and fun, but I don't have a 3DS so for me it's not just buying the game, it's buying the system as well and that's a good chunk of money right there.

deviantart blog pair
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:38 PM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I'm still looking for a good enough reason. It's all looking good and fun, but I don't have a 3DS so for me it's not just buying the game, it's buying the system as well and that's a good chunk of money right there.
I agree buying the system for one game is not worth it but its not only Pokemon.
Kid Icarus Uprising , Shin Megami Tensei IV , Awakening and thats not all!

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old July 18th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Chr. Draco
Dragon Power

Nature: Jolly
The only answer I have is that I like pokemon, I think this summarizes all the things I'm going to say and what I'm expecting the game to be this new gen.
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:57 PM
TaintedHeart
Hue

Nature: Quiet
The main reason I'm getting Pokemon Y is to support my follow boys! The Y chromosome!! And I feel Yveltal's concept perfectly embodies what it represents.
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Well, because it's the next Pokemon game. As simple as.
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:33 PM
The Dark Avenger
The Flyest Avenger

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Are you a Zelda fan or Smash Bros. Fan???

I was in the same boat as you. I mean, I was looking everywhere for an emulator for the 3ds, ect. I just didn't want to buy a system all for the one game, even though I really really really wanted to at the same time. With the upcoming releases of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Smash Bros. 4. Plus the 64 games (Starfox, Ocarina of Time), I feel like I am buying this system PRIMARILY for Pokemon XY but not solely. So I feel much better about it.

If you are just wanting this for pokemon, I would suggest staking out some standard sized 3ds', people are selling them left and right with the release of the XL. You can find them for under $100 buck in some cases, if not a bit cheaper, in decent condition. Over three months, you might be able to save 10 bucks a week, which would equate to $130, maybe enough for the used system and the game.

I am going to pre order after the next CoroCoro. That will probably hint at some more exclusive content of which I can base my final decision. Though, it's a 75% chance for X right now.

The reason I am ordering is because Pokemon is my favorite game series and I love the new designs, features (aside from Megas), 3D graphics, French Theme, Trainer Customization, and the fact that it is a main series Pokemon Game!
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:37 PM
jellotime91

So many reasons. I could not possibly narrow it to one reason.

1. I love Pokemon and I'll buy literally any main series Pokemon game even if I initially don't want to.

2. I'm seriously impressed with all of the new features they are unveiling. PSS, Character Customization, Super Training, new transport methods, new evolution methods...

3. Dat 3D Pokemon. They look so great, like moving Sugimori art.
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Pokemon is the only video game I play so when a new version comes out, I will get it. The main series that is, I don't play the side games.
Old August 10th, 2013, 08:27 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
For me its to keep up with Competitive play
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links