• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Hidden Mythology [T] [OOC/SU]

TheCartographer

Map-Maker
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
Name: Owen
Appearance: A fairly seasoned traveller standing around six foot one and a quarter inch or so. Medium length brown hair was tied back into a short tail. His sulpted, but also reasonably weathered face that had a tan from being out and about for years on end. Under his rugged cloths he was bilt for cross crountry journey.

He wears RX travel boots with barely a rustle of leaves under his soft foot steps.. Baggy brown cargo pants with a good many pockets for goodies and goobles. A blue hoodie-T covered his upper body but revealed his well toned arms when he wasn't wearing his grey Avalanch Cold Weather Jacket, the most expensive thing he owned, where as his Orren Scarf was likely his most prized possesion. When the scarf wasn't rolled up it showed a map of the Johto and Kanto regions. His Durastel bag, a light weight durabal bag held everything that he needed.

Personality: Owen is a rather quiet person, normally he doesn't go into towns and villages unless he really needs to or when he is hired by a professor to deliver goods to other regions. Often he stops and trades for goods with passing trainers or whoever he runs across. Sometimes he has to go into a built up area due to weather.

When he is out in the wild, where he has made a home for himself he is a bit more open, feeling at ease there. He has built his survival skills, while his social skills have gotten rather lacking. Rather awkward around people and particullary groups. He is loyal though, and if he owes you he will make sure he pays his debt.

History: Owen grew up as an orphan in Snowpoint, and when he was growing up on the streets he learned that the world was a dangerous place. When he was seven he was cooking beans in an ally when Orren scarf blew nearby and got slightly shinged in his fire, he pulled it out and looked at it and found that it was a map, that was when he rose from the snow and set off on his journey.

Five years ago, during the time when war seemed at hand he had been at Mount Silver conducting research for professor Oak, that was when he was requested back to the region to help with rebuilding efforts. When he got there he worked to make sure that those who lived on farms and in the more rural areas were okay.

Now returning from his travels in the Orre region, he lives on the road, just now reaching twinleaf for the request that was asked of him. Finding out the whole story of the Shinno Mythological Mystery is something that he thinks will be an interesting adventure. He hopes that one day, he will find a home amongst the regions but not yet.

Reserved Starter: (I cant see them for some reason! So I dont know what they are.)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Could I reserve Turtwig please? I'll also have my SU up soon.

Name: Alex Ganston

Picture of Him:
Spoiler:

Appearance: The first thing someone would notice about Alex is his, standing at about 6'2". Fairly solid build, he tries to get in a work-out whenever he can, although he is by no means 'beefy'. He has medium-short black hair, along with some stubble which can easily grow into a beard in simply a week. His eyes are a dark brown, which are nearly black if not seen up close.

For his travels, he decided to go with something that wouldn't be too bulky, nor thin, seeing as it is cold in Sinnoh. He wears a black crewneck sweater, with picture of an outline of a Noctowl on it, made of gold lines. He wears dark blue jans with a black belt and a Pokeball holder on the belt. His backpack is a nice yellow-orange color, which he uses to store various things such as items and snacks of the sorts.

Personality: Can be arrogant and cocky at times, Alex is not afraid to turn down a challenge, which shows his more competitive side. However, he does try his hardest to not rub the wrong way against people. He's not afraid to speak his mind, and if anyone has a problem with him he's not afraid to get physical. Getting into a few fights in the past, he can handle himself fairly well. He can also get carried away at times, and tends to linger around in past events, or hold grudges.

Once getting to know Alex, people can get fairly used to his attitude. He's by no means negative, but he has a potty mouth. Although his mom has capped him, his language has dropped significantly in terms of vulgar words. However, he can be a nice guy, especially to his friends or someone who needs help. He likes to take charge of situations, and isn't embarrassed to do something, as he could care less about what people think of him.

On another note, he likes to say cheesy-pick up lines, especially slightly dirty ones. He hasn't really had a girlfriend, and is also not sure why. However, he loves his mom, and wouldn't pick any girl over her, despite how much he may talk back to her or disagree.

History: Before becoming a trainer, Alex was a trouble maker. He essentially roamed the streets of Jubilife City, pulling pranks, staying up late, doing the usual teenager stuff. There was also a time when he started to steal from PokeMarts, mostly for jut giggles and peer pressure. Although he never got caught, he did eventually stop, after the PokeMart moved locations to the other side of the city. Growing up by a single mother, Alex never had a father figure in his life. He could honestly care less about his father, but he does occasionally wonder what he is like, as his mom never talks about him. All he knows is that his father is a police officer, in another city.

Without his father, Alex has learned to become more independent, despite his mother's efforts to help him. He has lived a fairly simple life, despite not being incredibly wealthy and being able to afford some 'wants' of the average teenager. Alex has learned to cope with what he has, and not complain about what he doesn't. Although this was the main driving force for stealing, in the back of his head, he honestly believes he just did it for fun, not wanting to admit it.

His mother originally did not want him taking the chance of becoming a Pokemon trainer, mainly due to his behaviour, and possible conflict with other trainers. However, truth be told, she was just worried about him leaving. With no father, or siblings, she did not want to feel alone. However, she knew that Alex would return someday. Alex personally did not care about going on the journey, but after hearing about it around town, it became of interest to him, especially the exploring aspect of it.

Reserved Starter: Turtwig

RP Sample:Click Here. It's the first post, and there's also other posts of mine there too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
My SU is now also finished!
BlueFlameRider, I had already reserved Shinx in my post previous to yours I believe...?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Wow. An explosion of replies. Good good.

@romdinner: Nice read! You're ACCEPTED!
@Pokemagician: I am having second thoughts in accepting your SU. It's good, don't get me wrong. But you're low post count is scaring me. I am not sure if you're going to be active enough. But oh well. If you could provide me an RP sample, just to let me see how you write, you're accepted. For now PENDING.
@TheCartographer: I am finding it hard to believe that at 18, Owen (include surname please) have already undertaken several research in different regions. How did that happen when he was just another orphan in Snowpoint? Plus, at thirteen, how could he be contacted to help with the rebuilding efforts? There are several holes in your history that needs to be expanded upon or cleared. For now, DECLINED. For further info, the remaining starters that are not taken nor reserved are Piplup and Glameow.
@Jegretis: Just like Pokemagician, I like your character. I just need you to provide me an RP sample, as you're a new guy. It's like of a test, as I don't think I see you around the place. :) For now PENDING.
@BlueFlameRider: Pokemagician is right. Why not try for the other starters?
@Skymin: I can't see! :( it says link broken. :(

miltankRancher

Years
Nope. I am sorry about that but I would rather keep Sinnoh pokemon more dominant than foreign ones. And having a foreign pokemon as a starter does just not feel right.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I put a direct link! hopefully that will work. oh the restrictions of a phone :(

also, how about you test the newbies by asking for a Roleplay sample? it's the best way to see their writing :)

miltankRancher

Years
Yeah, I asked both of them to provide one. :)

And cool! I can see the previous "Birdie" in your drawing. I mean, the female side.

And to make it official. @Pokemagician: You're ACCEPTED!

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
@Jegretis: I think everything is in order. You're ACCEPTED!

I am going to write up the IC thread now since we have five players already. I think I'll finish around Saturday afternoon. I still have classes. :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
haha, well, Birdie was never female! in the Roleplay I used him, Monster Art Online, it was like Sword Art Online where characters make avatars to represent them. Sophie was her real life name, and she created Birdie and played as him!

EDIT: i see your IC is up. did you want me to accept it now?

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
@Skymin. Hmmm. Not yet please. :) Thanks. Let's see if the other two spots will be filled by Saturday afternoon. :)

Or...

Do you guys want to start now? :)

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Can I reserve with Glameow? I'm starting my SU now and should be done in about an hour.

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Finished!

I would also like to note that I did not read Swan's SU until after I posted this one, and I promptly lol'ed.

Spoiler:

miltankRancher

Years
@Strikit: Parallel stories. Quite. You're ACCEPTED!

One more spot to be filled! Tomorrow, around afternoon, @Skymin: Could you please accept the IC thread at that time? We'll start then! :) Until then, let's wait for the last spot to be taken. No love for Piplup, eh?

Back