The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:07 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
After B2/W2 I was thinking perhaps in the future there could be a sequel to Gen 1. It would be 10 years after the events of RBY. Giving how much actually elapsed I think that is a good time frame. What would you write the storyline to be? How much of the landscape would you change? Hero/Villains? How would you rediscover Kanto?

I would have Red's Mom and Blue's Sister move out of Pallet town. (No reason given) Have Professor Oak retire move to another city in Kanto. Blue would take over as Professor to continue the story line of him being a researcher. Probably age him a little bit (Unlike Ash -_-). Starters would remain the same.

I would redraw the Kanto map. After so many years things would change naturally. Not sure how though.

I would start the game with a prologue showing the events of Gold beating Red at Mt Silver (No it would not be around in this game) and Red becomes distressed and leaves. Do the normal set ups as any starting journey. Collect 8 badges I would probably change a few badge with different leaders. Keep Brock and Misty for the Gen 1ers. Re-introduce Team Rocket at Mt Moon. (Have some flash backs from the Giovanni disbanded Rocket.)

Do proper leads ups and standard build ups leading up to reveal the new Team Rocket leader as Red. (perhaps many of you saw this coming) The Prologue could be left out to make a "wow" factor that much better.

I would take the way they have the Elite Four in Gen five. Probably change everything about the Elite Four and MAYBE change Lance. I mean Lance would be pretty old lol.

Anyway that would be my take on it.
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Wobbu
Imaginary Friend

Nature: Relaxed
PALLET TOWN
Spoiler:
Prof. Oak will have retired, passing on his position to Blue, who still lives in Pallet Town along with his sister. Red's mom still lives there, and Red often visits her. A small port was built where the town meets the ocean.

VIRIDIAN CITY
Spoiler:
Because Blue is a full time professor, Viridian City's Gym will be led by a new trainer who grew up in the city and specializes in using dark-types. This trainer graduated from the Trainer's School with high honors and never lost a battle in the Trainer House after it replaced the school. The Trainer House still operates as usual

VIRIDIAN FOREST
Spoiler:
Not much has changed, except some have been cut down to make traveling through the forest quicker and safer.

PEWTER CITY
Spoiler:
Brock is still the Gym Leader. He has became exceptionally stronger because his siblings have grown up and are now independent, giving Brock more time for training his Pokémon. The museum has turned into a zoo which exhibits Pokémon revived from fossils.

MT. MOON
Spoiler:
In order to protect the habitat of the Clefairy, the store on Mt. Moon Square was closed down and removed. Every Monday night, lucky Trainers can witness the Clefairy's dance, which is even more spectacular than it was ten years ago.

CERULEAN CITY
Spoiler:
Misty is still the Gym Leader. People sometimes find her at the edge of Route 25 The bike store has reopened and is very popular.

ROCK TUNNEL and POWER PLANT
Spoiler:
Rock Tunnel now has a system of lighting so that hikers no longer need a Pokémon with Flash. The Power Plant has higher security because of the robbery.

LAVENDER TOWN
Spoiler:
The radio tower is still operating and broadcasting all throughout Kanto. Residents claim to occasionally see ghosts lurking around the tower, but no proof exists. Mr. Fuji has passed away, leaving the House of Memories to rot. No one has access to the secret chambers.

SAFFRON CITY and CELADON CITY
Spoiler:
Because Saffron City has grown significantly in population, the city expanded across Route 7 and merged with Celadon City. The name of the combined cities is New Saffron City. Sabrina and Erika are still the Gym Leaders (New Saffron has two Gyms).

VERMILLION CITY
Spoiler:
The construction at Vermilliom City has finished. The city now has more ports for ships and consequently more tourists are visiting the Kanto region. Lt. Surge has retired and the new Leader was one of Lt. Surge's comrades. The new Leader also specializes in using electric-types.

DIGLETT'S CAVE
Spoiler:
Diglett and Dugtrio continue to roam the tunnel. A new cavern has opened up that connects to Rock Tunnel. Geologists believe that the Diglett and Digtrio created the new path.

FUCHSIA CITY
Spoiler:
Janine continues to lead the Gym. Pal Park still operates as usual, but the Safari Zone has also reopened, connecting to the north of Pal Park. A small port was built south of the city that allows for marine transportation between Pallet Town, Vermillion City, and Fuchsia City.

CINNABAR ISLAND and the SEVII ISLES
Spoiler:
Blaine has retired as the Gym Leader. Every citizen has relocated to the Sevii Isles because of the eruption. Lorelei has replaced Blaine as Gym Leader and the Gym is on Four Island. Lorelei still specializes in using ice-types. The other islands have remained the same.

SEAFOAM ISLANDS
Spoiler:
The islands are no longer used for Blaine's Gym. Entrepreneurs have built resorts on the islands and the islands are now a popular vacation spot.

INDIGO PLATEAU
Spoiler:
Lorelei has been replaced by another trainer from Four Island who specializes in using ground-types. Bruno and Koga remain as members of the Elite Four and specialize in using the same types that they did ten years ago. Agatha has retired and was replaced by Red, who uses the same team as he did in G/S/C. Gold remains being the Champion and occasionally challenges Red. Trainers rarely get the chance to battle Gold, and no one has beat him.

VILLAINS
Spoiler:
Kanto has remained free of crime since the destruction of Team Rocket. Rumors of a new organization are popping up, however. People are saying the the Seafoam Islands' resorts are being ran by villains who are planning to use the money for evil purposes. Such purposes are unknown and no investigation has been done.
Old July 18th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Nature: Naive
I would like new gym leaders, and for Misty, Janine, Sabrina and maybe a really old but still cool Blaine to be E4. Champion? I think it should be the trainer you don't choose in the beginning. If you play as the male, the female will be your rival and end up becoming the champion before you. Just like Green did in the old game.

I don't think a sequel to the Kanto games would be made for real though. G/S/C was pretty much the sequel, remember?
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Old July 18th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Clemstar

Yeah I agree with Red Hawt. G/S/C were basically Gen 1's sequels.
Old July 18th, 2013, 08:15 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
I would like new gym leaders, and for Misty, Janine, Sabrina and maybe a really old but still cool Blaine to be E4. Champion? I think it should be the trainer you don't choose in the beginning. If you play as the male, the female will be your rival and end up becoming the champion before you. Just like Green did in the old game.

I don't think a sequel to the Kanto games would be made for real though. G/S/C was pretty much the sequel, remember?
Is it and it isnt. Only thing that changed was Fuchsia's Gym leader. This sequel Kanto is the main island not an attachment which G/S/C makes it to be. The Storyline for the New Team Rocket kind of made them weaker then the original. Yes they Obliterated Cinnabar Island. I dont think there was enough done with G/S/C storyline wise.

Plus I think some people could wonder. "What has happened to Kanto over the years?"
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

Okay look, the Gen. 1 games already got remakes. Then we got to visit it again in HG/SS. In total, counting the originals and remakes, we've been to Kanto 4 times. I think we've had our fill of it. I get that you're talking about a sequal but, we've been there enough. Let's give another region a chance okay? Everyone already thinks that the Gen. 3 games are going to be re-made, why not instead of remakes, sequels? You start the game as new trainers, not Brendan and May, all the cities and routes are redone, etc. I just think Kanto is done, at least for a long time.
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:52 PM
BlueMudkipz
Blu

Nature: Rash
I love this idea, but for some reason I think I would preffer a R/S/E remake for 3DS that looks like older versions of Pokemon, like Gen 1,2,3,4,5 and 6. Not like X and Y, Im not huge on the new layout style. Although, the idea is great!

~blu

~Robert Louis Stevenson
Old July 18th, 2013, 02:14 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin1395 View Post
Okay look, the Gen. 1 games already got remakes. Then we got to visit it again in HG/SS. In total, counting the originals and remakes, we've been to Kanto 4 times. I think we've had our fill of it. I get that you're talking about a sequal but, we've been there enough. Let's give another region a chance okay? Everyone already thinks that the Gen. 3 games are going to be re-made, why not instead of remakes, sequels? You start the game as new trainers, not Brendan and May, all the cities and routes are redone, etc. I just think Kanto is done, at least for a long time.
There is a new region every generation. So that argument is invalid. Each Generation that as its remark is not a visit it is an just a system update so players can play again. Very little has change in remakes if anything. The new Kanto game would be new in most ways. Hero/Heroine would be new, some new gym leaders. Only thing that would be the same is Team Rocket with a NEW leader.
Old July 18th, 2013, 03:36 PM
lmcde22

It's not a bad idea... I think R/S/E deserve to be next in line for remakes or sequels though. So if there is a full-on sequel to R/B/Y, it won't be for a lonnnngggg while...

But this is still a good idea and I would love to see what Game Freak come up with, how they think Kanto would have changed over a decade. It's an interesting concept.
Old July 18th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

I'm not saying that it is not a good idea, don't get me wrong, I love sequels, but, we've been to Kanto a lot already. I just think that the idea should wait a while until every game that deserves a remake, gets it.
Old July 18th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
Although I think Kanto is overdone, an entirely new adventure there sounds really nice, especially when you consider how much the region will have changed over the years. It changed quite a bit from RBY to GSC, so I'm sure it'd be very different now. I'd support this idea, even though I'm not the biggest fan of Kanto. It'd also be nice if newer Pokemon had migrated or been imported to Kanto, so that we wouldn't have to wait til post-game for them. I honestly get burnt out on Kanto Pokemon since that's, of course, all that's there in FRLG/RBY.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here