• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Issue: Captcha to do certain actions?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I keep getting this sort of message:

One more step to access www.pokecommunity.com

And prompted to fill out a captcha when trying to perform certain actions on PC. It came up when I tried to reply to a PM and then again just now when I tried to edit a forum splash. I've never had it happen before so I wasn't sure if I should mention it here or not. idk if it's just affecting me.

Perhaps it has to do with the html involved, as it was in the PM and the html was for the forum splash I was editing. So sorry if this isn't really a problem, it's just I've never had this pop up so I'm confused haha.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
I have the same problem now and again, but I've only noticed it with editing the forum splash.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I have the same problem now and again, but I've only noticed it with editing the forum splash.

I've had the same problem whilst editing the forum splash, it's relatively rare though, has only happened 2 or 3 times so far.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I had it like... once in OC&D's forum splash? It's most likely an HTML thing so, unless any members are experiencing it too, it just seems a rare issue staff experience sometimes kinda like the double-posting thing. YE MEMBERS DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD YOU GOT IT.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Not sure if I'm allowed to revive Q&A old thread but... this started happening to me as well.
It just happens when I'm about to write a reply to thread.
I had no problems with VMs, PMs or anything else.
It happened in 3 of 4 cases...

EDIT: 4 of 5 with this reply and it happened with this edit as well.

Years
I got it twice today when trying to log into PC and also when I was editing my signature.

Edit: Happened again when I was replying to a thread a minute ago.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Got it when I made a blog entry and editing and previewing my sigs... and i always preview my sigs before saving it.. and every, single, time! :/

I believe PC is doubting that we are all humans :|

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
The annoying thing is that I had to check a hundred times if my post was being posted correctly, and every preview BOOM. A captcha. Adding to the misery was that the previews just said to type 25 characters first (don't get me wrong, I was just testing my format)

Years
I received the captcha last night as well when posting in the DCC. It wasn't much of a worry for me but a little annoying.

Years
what captcha is it this? screenshot or something please..
Here's a screenshot I grabbed of it last night when I saw it. Haven't seen it since..

Spoiler:

Rukario

Banned
Years
Where are you all located in the world when this happens? Some untrusted locations throughout the world automatically trigger it based on a certain % of bad traffic as seen by CloudFlare's servers.

It also could be just some random combination of html or a post request text that looks funny to the security scanners used at CloudFlare. (if it was our server's security, you'd get a 406 error or access denied error message)

also be sure that you machine / device is clean and anti-virus/malware free by scanning it with a quality AnitVirus / AntiMalware application.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I've never gotten a Captcha before, but on my phone and when I use a different computor other than my laptop I have to enter my password when submitting a mod related action or posting. Latter rarer than the former.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I hadn't gotten this at all until today when I went to play with css in my signature and I've gotten it every single time I've tried to preview. It's such a pain esp since I preview like every single little tweak I make and ugh please somebody tell me how to make it stop. ;;

Sirfetch’d

I got this quite a bit yesterday as well, but that was the first time I had gotten it in months. It is very annoying :x

Years
I've started getting this a minute ago when editing my signature. I'm also the person that likes to preview every single signature change so this is just really awful. :(

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
I've seen it each day for the past 5 days every time it becomes 8pm here, and it's weird cause all I've doing all this time is editing my signature :/
Just like Cirno, I preview every minor signature edit... and this is getting me frustrated :[

EDIT: @ Rukario. I'm sure my computer is virus/malware free cuz I scan it like, all the time.
Location is Mexico, BTW!

Back