The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old June 27th, 2013, 09:43 AM
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious

About:
This game is dedicated to the few people who gave me a chance with my last game and was disappointed with it, and the people who helped me with obvious errors. My primary goal for this game was for it to be the game I'm known for best. Thank you all for visiting and giving me another chance!

Plot:
This is a remake of Yellow, but not exactly. There is the same story line but a few additions were added on. You may catch all 151 Pokemon in this game.

Features:
Travel to Johto (Post Story)
Personal Assistant (Tod)
Redesigned Maps Example
Navel Rock Event (From FR/LG/E)
You can only be a male character

Key Characters:
Heroes and Allies:

Hero


Rival


Professor Oak

Screenshots:
Spoiler:


Download (Latest)

There has been a major bug update! Download
NOTE: It is not a standalone update! Replace the contents in "Data" with the contents in the update!


Credits:
Created with RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials Version 11
Music-BGFM
Graphics-BGFM, Carmaniac, WeslyFG, DonLaRide.
Primary Scripter/Eventer-BGFM
The Entire Community for Support

Banner:



PHP Code:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7716728"][IMG]https://sites.google.com/site/thebgfmofficialwebsite/media/games/pokemon-adventures-in-kanto/Banner.png[/IMG][/URL] 
__________________


YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

Last edited by BenGames,Films, and More!; July 8th, 2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Major Update
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old June 27th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Dark Shadow 6's Avatar
Dark Shadow 6
Kιηg Oƒ Hєαятѕ
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: India
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Looks Great, I Will Play This Soon..

All The Best

i will post this hack on my own web site

UPCOMING: Pokémon: Adventures in Kanto Look At: http://gbaworld2013.blogspot.com/201...-in-kanto.html

UPCOMING: Pokémon: Adventures in Kanto Look At: http://gbaworld2013.blogspot.com/201...-in-kanto.html
__________________

Last edited by Dark Shadow 6; June 27th, 2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old June 28th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Varion Bluefire's Avatar
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Seems like Lightning Yellow.

Need to think of some better features.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old June 28th, 2013, 04:28 AM
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainerMusaddiq View Post
Looks Great, I Will Play This Soon..

All The Best

i will post this hack on my own web site

UPCOMING: Pokémon: Adventures in Kanto Look At: http://gbaworld2013.blogspot.com/201...-in-kanto.html

UPCOMING: Pokémon: Adventures in Kanto Look At: http://gbaworld2013.blogspot.com/201...-in-kanto.html
This is not a hack, but tell me what you think when you're playing it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Seems like Lightning Yellow.

Need to think of some better features.
I basically redesigned the entire map system.
Example:


There are more examples here:
http://bengamesfilmsandmore.devianta...llery/43833545
__________________


YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old June 28th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Varion Bluefire's Avatar
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
You're changing the layout of the maps?!

NO!
For god's sake no. Don't do that.
That's just going to make this a bad attempt. If you're using kanto, at least keep the maps the same.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old June 28th, 2013, 07:10 AM
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
You're changing the layout of the maps?!

NO!
For god's sake no. Don't do that.
That's just going to make this a bad attempt. If you're using kanto, at least keep the maps the same.
But that is what makes this unique! When I started development, I looked and played Lightning Yellow and I asked myself, how am I going to seem like I'm not making a copy of it. I changed the maps to make it look better and to add things that are mentioned in the past but not on the map (Such as a volcano in Cinnabar Island. I changed the story line by adding Johto and Navel Rock, and adding more Team Rocket Encounters and some actual planning of Silph Co. takeover. I added things I felt R/B/Y/FR/LG lacked. Thanks for the advice, but I think I'm going to keep the maps the same.
__________________


YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

Last edited by BenGames,Films, and More!; June 28th, 2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old June 28th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
This reminds me of Desbrina's game, like exactly like it...except you're you can go to johto I guess.
Regardless, anyone can make a game if they so choose; the problem i have is the no bottom for the battle, and the sprite shot of the professor, its clearly the same thing but cut off, you should at least flip it and change his arms and make it a closer shot of him
it really needs improvement
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old June 28th, 2013, 08:58 AM
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
This reminds me of Desbrina's game, like exactly like it...except you're you can go to johto I guess.
I specifically made the maps and storyline a bit different for that reason. And there is no "Lighting" or "Yellow" in the title so I think it is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
the problem i have is the no bottom for the battle
Generation 1 was like that, so I did it intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
and the sprite shot of the professor, its clearly the same thing but cut off, you should at least flip it and change his arms and make it a closer shot of him
it really needs improvement
It's not supposed to be a full shot. Only half
__________________


YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGames,Films, and More! View Post
Generation 1 was like that, so I did it intentionally
yeah, but the difference is that in the original it was all white; if you're going to do that at least make the background move and stuff, if its just a static picture then its just a bad idea


It's not supposed to be a full shot. Only half[/QUOTE]
i get that, but the way you did it was just bad. no offence but its just not good the way you did it; you should make it either a headshot, or a closer shot from his chest up, and it should be flipped
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:58 AM
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
yeah, but the difference is that in the original it was all white; if you're going to do that at least make the background move and stuff, if its just a static picture then its just a bad idea


It's not supposed to be a full shot. Only half
i get that, but the way you did it was just bad. no offence but its just not good the way you did it; you should make it either a headshot, or a closer shot from his chest up, and it should be flipped[/QUOTE]

The Pokemon sprites are animated .gifs, so that the scene is not static. Also, the oak sprite is fine. I put a lot of thought into that Oak sprite during development, and it's okay. Thanks for the advice
__________________


YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old July 7th, 2013, 10:59 AM
demonta4's Avatar
demonta4
President of Demonta Games
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: atlanta,ga
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
How far does this game go?
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:58 AM
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
How far does this game go?
Sorry for the late reply...It goes all the way through Johto and Kanto. In other words, you can go anywhere that was originally accessible in R/B/Y/G/S/C + Navel Rock Event (From FR/LG/E). Hope this helped!
__________________


YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old July 19th, 2013, 01:41 PM
pokemonmercury's Avatar
pokemonmercury
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Its a good idea.
My only complaint is that you should change the Backsprites.
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old July 20th, 2013, 12:28 PM
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonmercury View Post
Its a good idea.
My only complaint is that you should change the Backsprites.
What backsprites? The Pokemon or the trainers?
__________________


YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old September 14th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Suchanut02
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Can you post the first update plz? I didn't get the other items needed
Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old September 26th, 2013, 01:03 PM
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchanut02 View Post
Can you post the first update plz? I didn't get the other items needed
I suspect you aren't in the right area. Click on the black, underlined download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchanut02 View Post
Can you post the first update plz? I didn't get the other items needed
EDIT: Sorry now I know what you mean. It was just a data update. That was all.
__________________


YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".

Last edited by BenGames,Films, and More!; September 26th, 2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old September 30th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Varion Bluefire's Avatar
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
The maps are still bugging me. :/
I'd love to help map, if you wish. I can make them look like the originals, but with a Gen V twist?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old October 1st, 2013, 04:49 AM
BenGames,Films, and More!'s Avatar
BenGames,Films, and More!
Are you not entertained?
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Gender: Male
Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
The maps are still bugging me. :/
I'd love to help map, if you wish. I can make them look like the originals, but with a Gen V twist?
Thanks :D. I'll PM you. How far are you into the game?
__________________


YouTube Channel
Deviant Art
BGFM Forums
Take a quiz about me!
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.
If you say "pls" or "plz" because it's shorter than "please", I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes".
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old October 14th, 2013, 12:15 PM
kidpaddle45
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Not bad, but needs more unique features. The battle could use some new UI but yeah overall it's pretty good.
__________________

Pokemon Atom: The online Pokemon MMORPG!
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old November 20th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Zeak6464's Avatar
Zeak6464
The MMO bringer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeak6464
I Love the game so far , i hope to see this game get All the regions added on ! I love it!!
10/10
__________________
"Here one day gone the next!"
www.legendsofkanto.com
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:10 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.