• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Neo Destiny

Beta Release: Before First Gym, or After?

• Before (Current Progress)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • After (Next Town)

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
So far, I've got the starting town, the second town, the first two routes, and two caves completed. My question now is this; do you think that's enough for a first beta release? Or should I wait until I finish up until the first badge, which is right after the second cave? Also, a couple maps are still in FRLG tiles, while the majority of the maps are in HGSS tiles. If anyone can point me in the direction of good inside tiles in HGSS-style, I would greatly appreciate it.

I would like to add that considering this is my first game, there will be a lot of errors. But I am more than open to criticism, so if I release a beta, please don't hesitate to tell me what I can improve on.

Edit: I've updated the first post with the most recent screenshots of Kiwi Village, Coconut Town, Coconut Well, Route X2, and Zoantharia Tunnel.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Lolling at myself... Every time I look at your pictures, I look away and look back, then try opening an event haha.

Your maps look a little plan, Kiwi town and Coconut well, most notably... Add flowers or rocks.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Lolling at myself... Every time I look at your pictures, I look away and look back, then try opening an event haha.

Your maps look a little plan, Kiwi town and Coconut well, most notably... Add flowers or rocks.

Haha, yeah. It's just a lot easier for me to just Print Screen the maps from the events page. But, I took your advice, and added a few more flower patches (of differing colors) to Kiwi Village, and other maps, and a few more rocks to the well. I don't want to add too many rocks to Coconut Well though. It might get cramped after a while. I tried making the maps less symetric, so they weren't as plain. But, hopefully, they'll look alright in game. Haha.

Faore

:D
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2013
Great job! At the top right of the cave map looks a little.... wrong xD.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
So, according to the poll, people would rather wait until after the first gym to have a beta release, so I will be waiting until then. I'm currently working on converting maps that are currently in FRLG tiles into DS tiles. Unfortunately, the only DS Center/Mart tiles I have are for Diamond/Pearl, so until I can get HGSS ones, it'll have to do. Elderberry Town's layout will keep the same general layout as shown in the previous post, however, minor changed will probably be made. The Daycare is currently implimented as well, so one of the two major features of Elderberry is finished. Later today, I will be posting a first look at Elderberry Gym. As usual, any suggestions are welcome.

Edit: Preview of Elderberry Gym will be delayed, due to lack of adequate tiles.

Last edited:

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Okay, so I've got Elderberry Town more or less where I want it. Daycare is fully implimented. The Gym is also fully implimented, as is the graphic for the first badge. Also, there is something the player will have to do before they are able to challenge the first gym. The houses are fully completed (in HGSS graphics, yay!), and the Center and Mart are complete. However, the Gym is made using FRLG graphics, due to a lack of tiles for HGSS gyms. Until I can find those, it will remain as such. Also, to be implimented, are custom sprites/icons for species specific eggs. So far, I have Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Togepi, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Magnemite, Phanpy, Larvitar, and Happiny. After these, I will make sprites for the Pokémon that are currently available for capture in the game up to this point. Attached are the previews of Elderberry Town, Elderberry Gym, and the egg sprites. If, by some chance, anyone decides to use my sprites for the eggs, give me credit where credit is due. Thanks.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Progress Update: Some character dialogue has been edited, so as to not confuse the player. Also, Route X3 (Headbutt trees are introduced on this Route [not shown in screenshot]) and Route X4 (Constant thunderstorms on this Route) have been fully added to the game, along with a second batch of Pokémon eggs (Rattata, Ekans, Zubat, Paras, Geodude, Krabby, Magikarp, Sentret, Marill, Wooper, Dunsparce, Taillow, Wingull, Azurill, Corphish, Shellos (West), Shellos (East), Chatot, Tympole, and Foongus). Some trainers have been added to Route X1 (One), Route X2 (Two), Zoantharia Tunnel (One), and Route X3 (Three) as well, and trainers will be added to Route X4 (Two to Four) soon. A couple screenshots of the new maps are attached. As always, I would greatly appreciate feedback.

View attachment 68854

View attachment 68855

View attachment 68856

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
Hey that route x3 looks pretty awesome dude. Keep up the good work! :D
One question though: Does that cave entrance lead to the other side, or is it like an underground society thing, or just a cave? Because a mini underground city society would be pretty cool! xD

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Hey that route x3 looks pretty awesome dude. Keep up the good work! :D
One question though: Does that cave entrance lead to the other side, or is it like an underground society thing, or just a cave? Because a mini underground city society would be pretty cool! xD

Thank you! The cave, is blocked by a familiar character, until you obtain your third badge. It will lead to a canyon filled with a certain kind of Pokémon, as well as leading to the opposite side of the canyon. On the opposite side of the canyon, hidden beneath a mountain range, will be the fourth gym city, which you surprisingly guessed correctly. It will be an underground city, home to the Earth-type Gym and it's Leader, Sandra.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Today, I'd like to share the third batch of custom eggs I've made, which I've also posted in the Resources section.

View attachment 68880

Also, I'd like to share a screenshot of the first forest location accessible in Neo Destiny. As of now, it is called Bug Paradise, but that name is very likely to change to a more appealing one. As the placeholder name clearly suggests, it will be a haven for Bug-types. Pokémon that will be able to be found here include: Paras, Volbeat, Illumise, Nincada, Pineco, Shuckle, Yanma, Pinsir, Scyther, Larvesta, and Joltik.

View attachment 68881

I tried to keep the general path more Pokémon friendly than human friendly, which is why there are a minimal amount of dirt paths in the map. I also attempted to give the map a somewhat more natural tree growth pattern, so it doesn't look like it was cut down to make the paths. Also included on this map is the Mossy Rock, in case the player would like to evolve their Starter Eevee to Leafeon.

As always, suggestions are welcome.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
I like it so far! I also like the new eggs.

Thank you. I'm almost done with the anime eggs. I've still got Aipom, Bellsprout, Chinchou, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Ledyba, Magby, Sandshrew, Smoochum, Spinarak, Swinub, Teddiursa, Vulpix, Slowpoke, and Psyduck. I've also gotta redo my Wooper egg to match the anime version.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2015
This looks pretty good, and the plot is pretty original.
My only small complaint is that some maps look a bit... linear... So to say ^^;
But that's just me being picky.

Btw: "new region where the clone Pokémon can live in peace, away from prosecution."
You mean persecution. Prosecution is basically prosecutors from court. ^^

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
This looks pretty good, and the plot is pretty original.
My only small complaint is that some maps look a bit... linear... So to say ^^;
But that's just me being picky.

Btw: "new region where the clone Pokémon can live in peace, away from prosecution."
You mean persecution. Prosecution is basically prosecutors from court. ^^

Yeah, some of the maps are a bit linear. I'm still getting the hang out mapping. Haha. But thank you. I changed prosecution to persecution in the first post. Thanks for pointing that out.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
First post updated with lists of Notable Trainers in the Genesis Region, with very small backgrounds for some. I plan on getting custom sprites for them done in time. If anyone's good with trainer sprites, and would be interested in lending a hand, please PM me.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
After sketching out a new town, losing the sketch, and then having to map out the town from memory, I'd like to share Papaya Town. Papaya Town is located to the East of Route X3. It will overlook Antien Canyon, and will be home to an NPC referred to as the Tree Guy. He will give the player HM01: Cut, and also offer to teach the player's Pokémon Headbutt. In the Tree Guy's backyard, the player's Rival, Samantha, will be waiting for the player for a second battle. Also in the Tree Guy's backyard, there are a number of different trees (Cut-able, Headbutt-able, etc.). Three of these trees have different colored fruits on them, each giving the player a different color Apricorn.

View attachment 69076

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back