The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:37 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pw7ug38ktl...%2053%20PM.jpg

I drew some of Birdie!! sorry it's blurry, I don't have a scanner at my place anymore. d:

Last edited by Skymin; July 17th, 2013 at 05:54 AM.
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:20 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Wow. An explosion of replies. Good good.

@romdinner: Nice read! You're ACCEPTED!
@Pokemagician: I am having second thoughts in accepting your SU. It's good, don't get me wrong. But you're low post count is scaring me. I am not sure if you're going to be active enough. But oh well. If you could provide me an RP sample, just to let me see how you write, you're accepted. For now PENDING.
@TheCartographer: I am finding it hard to believe that at 18, Owen (include surname please) have already undertaken several research in different regions. How did that happen when he was just another orphan in Snowpoint? Plus, at thirteen, how could he be contacted to help with the rebuilding efforts? There are several holes in your history that needs to be expanded upon or cleared. For now, DECLINED. For further info, the remaining starters that are not taken nor reserved are Piplup and Glameow.
@Jegretis: Just like Pokemagician, I like your character. I just need you to provide me an RP sample, as you're a new guy. It's like of a test, as I don't think I see you around the place. For now PENDING.
@BlueFlameRider: Pokemagician is right. Why not try for the other starters?
@Skymin: I can't see! it says link broken.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:31 AM
BlueFlameRider

Could I get Purrlion in place of Glamemeow? I just really prefer Liepard design over Purrugly's.
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:47 AM
miltankRancher

Nope. I am sorry about that but I would rather keep Sinnoh pokemon more dominant than foreign ones. And having a foreign pokemon as a starter does just not feel right.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

I put a direct link! hopefully that will work. oh the restrictions of a phone :(

also, how about you test the newbies by asking for a Roleplay sample? it's the best way to see their writing :)
Old July 17th, 2013, 06:10 AM
miltankRancher

Yeah, I asked both of them to provide one.

And cool! I can see the previous "Birdie" in your drawing. I mean, the female side.

And to make it official. @Pokemagician: You're ACCEPTED!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.

Last edited by miltankRancher; July 17th, 2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old July 17th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Jegretis

I have updated my SU with an RP Sample at the bottom.
Old July 17th, 2013, 08:11 AM
miltankRancher

@Jegretis: I think everything is in order. You're ACCEPTED!

I am going to write up the IC thread now since we have five players already. I think I'll finish around Saturday afternoon. I still have classes.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

haha, well, Birdie was never female! in the Roleplay I used him, Monster Art Online, it was like Sword Art Online where characters make avatars to represent them. Sophie was her real life name, and she created Birdie and played as him!

EDIT: i see your IC is up. did you want me to accept it now?

Last edited by Skymin; July 17th, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old July 17th, 2013, 03:22 PM
miltankRancher

@Skymin. Hmmm. Not yet please. Thanks. Let's see if the other two spots will be filled by Saturday afternoon.

Or...

Do you guys want to start now?

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old July 17th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Sure! I'll let SwiftSign know as well. :)
Old July 18th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Strikit
Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Strikit Send a message via Yahoo to Strikit
Can I reserve with Glameow? I'm starting my SU now and should be done in about an hour.
Old July 18th, 2013, 03:49 PM
miltankRancher

@Strikit: You're now RESERVED! Good luck!

Also, if you haven't noticed, I made a userbar!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old July 18th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Strikit
Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Strikit Send a message via Yahoo to Strikit
Finished!

I would also like to note that I did not read Swan's SU until after I posted this one, and I promptly lol'ed.

Spoiler:
Name: Rexa Viene

Appearance: His soft spoken personality clashes with his strong facial features, or at least causes him to be labeled as "the strong silent type". Rexa's jawline in particular is sharp and strong, and his cheekbones are high and prominent. His cheeks are kept clear of stubble, except for at the very end of the day when the hair begins to grow back. Steel grey eyes set beneath eyebrows of a reasonable thickness for a male often narrow just slightly when he thinks. The corners of his eyes wrinkle when he does this and in time it will give him crow's feet but for now he has the tanned, unblemished skin of youth.

Like his birth mother, Rexa has straight blonde hair. It is fairly long, falling to his shoulders, so he has to tie it up when he is in the field. A few strands fall loose around his eyes, forming the slightest fringe. It is not long enough to bother him when he is at work so he does not mind. He wears dark jeans tucked into black boots high enough to protect his ankles and a black undershirt under various t-shirts and button downs. The belt his mothers gave him is always around his hips in waiting for the first Pokeballs it will hold, and after he leaves for Twinleaf he will not be found without his backpack, stocked with his encyclopedia, notebooks, and survival items.

Personality: Rexa is an observant individual. He has learned to take in small details and work out reasons for things that don't seem to be of consequence. This skill is reserved mostly for nature and Pokemon. However, in a situation where he needs to be aware of people around him he does well enough. Although he was very social at a young age with time he grew away from that. He is now far more interested in someone's Pokemon than getting to know the person. Soft spoken, he does not talk much. He would rather be thinking and gathering information. Despite this he can handle social relations well enough, partially because of his days in Leaf Scouts. The focus there may have been mostly on nature but they were taught critical lessons about how to interact with people successfully. This is a skill he knows he will need if he wants to become a good Pokemon researcher. Most of his time would be spent in the field but much of it would be conveying his findings to other interested minds.

As he was raised by two women he tends to be more emotional than most males his age. That is part of the reason he often opts to make friends with girls. He is not an open book by any means, but he is not afraid to communicate his sentiments if asked. At first meeting most pin him as shy for the fact that he does not seek social interaction. He does not consider himself shy; he simply does not care to socialize as much as others might.

Rexa truly comes out of his shell when he battles. In the past he has only been able to use Pokemon that were not his own, but he adores the strategy of it. All the time he spent studying Pokemon helps his battling to a degree but it does not change the fact that he is a rookie with very little experience. Often when he battles someone he likes to stay in contact with them. At times it is because he enjoyed the interaction with them as a person. Other times it is because he was impressed by their Pokemon and he wants to keep track of their growth. He will even offer to pay for updates on the Pokemon's progress.

History: Born in Eterna City, Rexa was raised by his parents in a modest home near the city limits. His upbringing could be considered idyllic, in that he had both parents and they took a healthy interest in his life that lead him to the right paths. However, instead of having a mother and a father like most children, he had a mom and mama. That raised many questions from the friends he made in his young life and at times their parents forcibly removed Rexa from contact with their child, not wanting to expose them to a family dynamic that they found unnatural and wrong. Even though Rexa faced both this trial and that of his fellows sometimes teasing him, he loved his mothers unconditionally and flourished socially. When he was eight he joined the Leaf Scouts. With this organization he was taught survivalist techniques and a healthy appreciation for nature was instilled in him. He quickly developed an interest in local Pokemon species. Armed with a notebook, sketchpad, and pencil bag he would sit outside for hours observing fauna without disturbing anything. By the time he reached the age of twelve he had several notebooks full of information. For a birthday present his mothers had these notebooks professionally typed and copied, the sketches he'd done added, and had all of this bound to be his encyclopedia. Through the years since then he's added pages with paperclips, tape and glue.

He was introduced to the world of Pokemon battling directly at thirteen. Although the Leaf Scouts did not focus primarily on combative Pokemon training, there was a short section on battling. Rexa took to it quickly with his borrowed team, lent to him from the organization's private herd. As much as he begged and pleaded his mothers would not let him leave home until the age of eighteen, feeling that he was not yet mature enough to be on his own. They were in part correct. Despite the years of being a Leaf Scout he had plenty of physical and emotional growing up to do. He was intelligent, but inexperienced, and he had not yet come close to his final height. In the end Rexa would thank them for their concern as he realized after he hit his growth spurt just how small he had been, and how unprepared for the true wild.

On his eighteenth birthday he was gifted with items that would encourage him to continue. An empty notebook, sketchpad, new pencils, a Pokeball belt, travel backpack, and survival items such as a canteen and flint were given to him along with praise for growing up so well and encouragement to continue. By this point in his life he knew that he wanted to be a Pokemon researcher, and perhaps even a Professor someday. When the date to accept his starter drew near he said his goodbyes, packed, and then traveled southwest to Twinleaf. Upon his arrival he rented a room at the Pokemon Center and impatiently waited for the day to come.

Reserved Starter:
Glameow

Old July 18th, 2013, 04:50 PM
miltankRancher

@Strikit: Parallel stories. Quite. You're ACCEPTED!

One more spot to be filled! Tomorrow, around afternoon, @Skymin: Could you please accept the IC thread at that time? We'll start then! Until then, let's wait for the last spot to be taken. No love for Piplup, eh?

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old July 19th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltankRancher View Post
@Skymin: Could you please accept the IC thread at that time? We'll start then! :) Until then, let's wait for the last spot to be taken. No love for Piplup, eh?
Sure thing! If the last spot is taken when I get home from work tomorrow, I'll be sure to do it for you. :)
Old July 20th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
I want that last spot but I can't post my SU till August. Could you try holding onto my spot till then.
Old July 20th, 2013, 06:41 AM
miltankRancher

@Kanea: Oh yeah, sure. I see you around pretty well. You're RESERVED!
@Skymin: IC thread is go, please. Thanks!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.

Last edited by miltankRancher; July 20th, 2013 at 06:49 AM.
Old July 20th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

Quote:
@Skymin: IC thread is go, please. Thanks! :)
All done for you! With your permission, people are free to post!

Handy link for you!
Old July 20th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Jegretis

Well, I just posted(yay for first post?). I tried to think of something to do so I just stuck something in there. If anyone reaches Route 201, go ahead and talk to Alex(I can't promise he'll be as nice as he was to the lady though).
Old July 20th, 2013, 05:52 PM
miltankRancher

For those asking, Professor Fir is a middle-age man, around thirty up. Black haired, no glasses, and around 5 foot-ten in height. He is of the Pokemon-version of Asian descent. Brown skinned, black eyes, and a fairly good stride when walking. Imagine a more confident Professor Birch + Elm.

Aand go post guys!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.

Last edited by miltankRancher; July 20th, 2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old July 21st, 2013, 03:37 AM
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
@Kanea: Oh yeah, sure. I see you around pretty well. You're RESERVED!
No the thing is I'm active only on weekdays and so most probably I won't post till August. Plus I'll be active for like 5 minutes if I get the chance. So expect my SU on next Tuesday or Wednesday - 30th or 31st.
Old July 21st, 2013, 07:40 AM
Jegretis

Just out of curiosity, is this going to be the only RP, or will we be able to go to different Regions after we are done with Sinnoh?

Edit: Also, I'm tryin to draw a picture of my character so ill try and edit that into my SU.
Old July 21st, 2013, 11:10 AM
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
Well, I was going to sign up, but all the Pokemon are taken :c Do you think I could write my SU sheet and wait to post it until more Pokemon are available?

Old July 21st, 2013, 01:45 PM
Skymin
the gratitude pokémon

I have uni today, but I'll be able to write a post when I come home. :)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here