The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Chit Chat Café

Notices

Chit Chat Café Wondering what your fellow members are eating for breakfast? Want to chat about the weather or other silly things? Idle chit-chat and polls go here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 13th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

Nature: Jolly
"Pain is temporary, victory is forever"

Before I have my football games, I think this quote to myself. If I work hard, play hard, I will be tired and pained but it will pay off. I remember before the cup final we had, and this was the first time I had known of this quote, it came to my head. We ended up winning the cup.
Old July 13th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Meaii
The countdown begins ...

Nature: Gentle
"Live long, and prosper!".

Whenever I am doing something that may be tricky, I just think of Star Trek. <3

23 days until~
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Catholic Nun
"There's always a guarantee that certain people will dislike you. There's never a guarantee that anyone will like you. So if anyone likes you at all, you've already won."

-- Chelsea Handler

It helps me not care so much what other people think of me.

Moderator of Chit Chat Cafe
Old July 13th, 2013, 11:36 PM
White Mage
ノクティス

Nature: Timid
"One who knows nothing can understand nothing."
-Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

You can't begin to understand things you have no knowledge about. This quote inspires me to learn more about a person/place/thing before attempting to make any judgements about it without any prior knowledge.

Formerly Keyblade/Ðelta

Last edited by White Mage; July 24th, 2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old July 14th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Kyrul
Long Live the Note

Nature: Hasty
"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work."
-Colin Powell
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Zebeedoo
asdfghjkl

'Always remember to smile.'
Yes I know it's cheesy and simple but I've stuck with it ever since I was 13. I'm finally getting it tattooed on my wrist in a few days so I can read it when I'm sad.

Old July 15th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Trainer_Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trainer_Altair
I like quotes that motivate me to do well, whether in training, work or life in general here's a couple:

"If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you."
"If you're not going to go all the way, then why go at all?"

Here's another quote which I live by:

"I'd rather the painful truth than to be fooled by a beautiful lie..."

Knowing the truth keeps me secure.

''We work in the dark to serve the light.''
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Green Stache

Yolo.

No I kid, I kid Haha. Mine would have to be...
Old July 17th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

Nature: Lax
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone"

Ever since I heard this in the movie Oldboy, taken from Ella Wheeler Wilcox's poem Solitude, it has been very relevant in my life and one I have lived by.
Old July 18th, 2013, 08:06 PM
EJ Nero
OshaPower!

Nature: Bold
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

This is my motivation, and has been ever since I first heard of it on Discovery Channel's 2057 documentary in 2009. The last year has been rough dealing with university, having to switch schools when I preferred not to, and just a general realization of whoa I made a few mistakes, and nothing is free anymore. There is a lot I want to do over the next few years and beyond, and despite my current issues I tell myself it's only temporary misery/pain and by next year my life will finally be moving in the direction I want it to again.
Old July 19th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Catholic Nun
Oh I thought of another one!

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck."

This is a fantastic quote to live by because it allows me to be myself but not having to put up with it when other people want to be themselves and are not great people.

Moderator of Chit Chat Cafe
Old July 20th, 2013, 03:23 PM
twistedpuppy
Siriusly Twisted

Nature: Timid
Ahhhh! So many quotes! Hard to choose just one...ok, I got it.

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude."
-Maya Angelou
Old July 21st, 2013, 08:28 AM
Team Fail

"For who am I, to interfere with perfection?"

One of my teachers said this, and I have to agree with it. If it's perfect in every way, why try to fix it?

Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆

Old July 21st, 2013, 09:09 AM
PJBottomz
just a little human

Nature: Sassy
"Those who complain rarely have social lives."

Literally. It just makes so much sense when you think about it. If you waste all your whining about stuff people do, you're probably not doing anything worthwhile.

"If you can't create beauty with your face, create beauty with your mind."

I love this quote so much. It's great because it reminds me that I don't need to worry about how I look if I have a talent to back it up.

Last edited by PJBottomz; July 21st, 2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old July 21st, 2013, 10:35 AM
Joobell
Insert Witty User Title Here

Nature: Quirky
“If you’re early, you’re on time. If you’re on time, you’re late.”
I'm rarely late for anything or at least I'd like to think so.
Old July 21st, 2013, 11:55 AM
sρεcтяα
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to sρεcтяα
I suppose I have two I live by:

"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with."

"Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence."
Old July 21st, 2013, 02:11 PM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~

Nature: Gentle
"Carpe Diem"

It's just that I should never take a day for granted, and get every minutes worth and make it something that I actually wanted to do.

Journey's, something a person will need once in a lifetime.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old July 21st, 2013, 08:43 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

"Ignorance is bliss."

It really is! I'd rather not know something if it's going to cause me distress, unless it's at the expense of another person.

I don't really know if it's a quote you can live by, but I really like this quote (which is actually a lyric from the Circle of Life of all things): "There's more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than can ever be done. There's far too much to take in here, more to find than can ever be found..." There's so much out there, life should never really be boring xD

And I absolutely love this quote, regardless if it's attached to that one movie with Jim Carey...

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd."

Kind of life ignorance is bliss, except in a much more poetic fashion :3
Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:10 AM
CC
Pizza's #1 Fan

"Always put your best foot forward."

I believe that we should always do our best and I just love this quote ad it helps me when I need it.
Old July 27th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Riolucario11
Bubbly Wubbly Pony Waifu

Nature: Naughty
"Take Life by the reins and steer it towards a new dawn, here you and your horse, Life, will live in happiness." -Unknown

As silly as this quote may seem, it means a lot to me, really. To me it tells me that life can be a fun, happy thing if you steer it the right way. Much like if you ride your horse into a ditch, if you ride your life into a ditch, it isn't all that great.

I live by this and I always try to be happy and to be the best I can at steering my life in the right direction, although everyone has those day's in which everything is a mess and your horse named Life has arthritis and its so hard to steer it. Sometimes you just need to give Life a kickstart, or a slap on the flank, and get it moving again!

~Madness~?
Old July 28th, 2013, 11:37 AM
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Oh, there's a lot of quotes that have got so many cogs moving inside of my head that I'd not do the rest any justice by just picking one. Nonetheless, here are some of my favourites, which have led me to, at least at some point, alter my entire view on myself, those around me, and life and the universe, morals, values, whatever. They've shapen me as much as I wish I could shape my dearest friends around me:

"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~ C.S. Lewis

"The process of becoming friends with someone -- this is what friendship is to me -- is physically removing all of that constructed emotional puddy that we make ourselves pretty to the world with and uncovering all of those rusted edges beneath, and then actually continuing to like that person, not just in spite of all that asymmetry, but because of it." ~ Hank Green

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGmAekTPD5c" ~ Hank Green
(Literally every single second in this video could have been quoted and put here as an inspirational quote that I try to live by as well, but I am not gonna copy a whole video's dialogue, and that's okay too.)

"Humans -- who enslave, castrate, experiment on, and fillet other animals -- have had an understandable penchant for pretending animals do not feel pain. A sharp distinction between humans and 'animals' is essential if we are to bend them to our will, make them work for us, wear them, eat them -- without any disquieting tinges of guilt or regret. It is unseemly of us, who often behave so unfeelingly toward other animals, to contend that only humans can suffer. The behavior of other animals renders such pretensions specious. They are just too much like us." ~ Carl Sagan

"Pika Pi" ~ Pikachu

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links