Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 22nd, 2013 (12:27 PM).
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
No worries. Glad i decided to wait for ya!

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old July 22nd, 2013 (12:28 PM).
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift

You are reserved, Shay. :D I look forward to your SU
Old July 22nd, 2013 (12:28 PM).
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Ginny appreciates the help and friendliness, don't worry!
Old July 22nd, 2013 (12:55 PM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Nature: Relaxed
Oh I'm not worried, I enjoy watching my characters struggle through challenges, and I don't plan on making Will's life easy.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (01:20 PM).
Ozymandias
best job i ever had
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
aljdhfalkdjfs finally homeee xD

Post should be up soon... but my mom might wanna use the laptop so maybe not :/
Old July 22nd, 2013 (01:49 PM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Ha, just realized I forgot to have Will introduce himself, I edited it in, unless someone likes it better that way >.< forgetful brain
Old July 22nd, 2013 (02:47 PM).
EGKangaroo
Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EGKangaroo Send a message via Skype™ to EGKangaroo
Whew, I missed a bunch didn't I? Sorry if I didn't do much after my character left you two, Seph and Bastian. >.<

"And they tell me there are people who are normal, but I don't know what they look like because I've never met one. And neither have you, so why not compare yourself to real people instead?"
"Three lives of a gamer: the first'll be your best, because you can always restart if it isn't; the second pales in comparison, and the game will cheat you out; but the third one's going to be better, because it gets do or die from then."

Old July 22nd, 2013 (02:50 PM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

No worries dude, it was still a nice time in the library and now Will is helping a pretty lady so he has no complaints and neither do I =)
Old July 22nd, 2013 (03:00 PM).
Sir Bastian
Lean Mean Roleplaying Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Hey, it's alright! Sorry for running off like that, but you know, duty calls. Matthias still thinks Riley is a pretty cool dude :D
Old July 22nd, 2013 (03:16 PM).
Cosmic Fury
Evil Overlord
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Cosmic Fury
Alright, sent my idea for a power off to Swift. Hopefully it'll be good enough to field.

If so, prepare for overloaded batteries lying in random places.

It's not all about the stats or the fight. It's all about who the characters are, and what they do.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (03:36 PM).
Arx
prince
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Arx
Hehe posted right now. Looks like lessons will get in the way of Nathan's seducing technique.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (04:17 PM). Edited July 24th, 2013 by miltankRancher.
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Please reserve me. There is still a last spot available if I am correct?

Manchester O'Brien

Appearance: Manchester O'Brien, or Manchester stands at a height of 5’7”. His head is crowned with silver-white hair that reaches until his shoulder, a different and unusual color than those of his foster parents. His black eyes, on the other hand, were like his foster father's: deep pool of tar-black eyes that seemed to radiate a certain kind of glint. He is not heavy-set despite of the amount of work he did during his tenure in the circus, nor is he skinny. Being a gourmet at heart, Manchester O'Brien managed to keep a healthy build of body. His skin is light-tan in color.

Manchester’s choice of wardrobe is very random. He had no particular liking to any type of clothing. Hoodies, T-Shirts, polos; as long as it fits him, he is perfectly fine for it. However, Manchester has an unhealthy affinity to colors, especially the color blue. Because of this, his wardrobe is composed mainly of blue.

History: Manchester O'Brien, not his real name, was born an enigma. Nothing is known of Manchester's parental history or birth records, as he was abandoned (presumably) by his parents when he was still a wee infant. The people who discovered him was a group of travelling circus people. They were then in the city of England, hoping to catch the attention of the richer population of the world when the baby was found inside their circus tent during clean-up after a full-show. Their circus master, a large man going by the name Herman O'Brien, decided to adopt the kid as his own, naming him after his favorite football team.

As a kid, Manchester was loved by the people serving his foster-father. Even Herman's wife, Hilda O'Brien, considered Manchester as the son they never had. He was a happy-go-lucky kid, always cheerful and seldom throws tantrums (and most of these tantrums were related in some way to video games.) Mingling with the circus folk, Manchester was taught the basics of life; he was never schooled as the circus goes where the money is. The people around him became his teachers. His father thought perseverance, his mother the concept of religion and faith, the jugglers the importance of practice, etc. However, the lesson Manchester always looked forward to were the lessons with the clowns. It's not the life lessons he needed (clowns taught that humor and fun is important for a healthy living) but the technique to magic. He was amazed by the power of the sleight of the hand, the dexterity of the magicians' fingers, and the different tricks to magic. He decided to try it on his own. By the age of thirteen, he was considered a rising magician among the circus folks, already able to produce tricks barely managed by the older, and obviously, more experienced magicians.

Little did they know, Manchester managed to tap into his 'hidden self,' as he called it. By ways Manchester does not reveal, he learned that he could control light to some extent, that is, to provide the necessary illusions. While he cannot completely control light (like turn the bulb on/off or emit light beams from his eyes), Manchester could project holograhic illusions into thin air. He knew that he could develop his control over his ability more, and it would not happen neither inside the folds of the circus tent nor under the tutelage of Herman O'Brien and his band of magicians.

When he reached eighteen, a letter came to the circus tent bearing the logo for an academy. Gilded Halls as it was called. However, neither Herman nor Hilda have heard of the school and both were mystified how they came to know of Manchester. As far as they know, Manchester have been thoroughly schooled inside the circus, never attending school. Manchester did not know either but he was curious as to how these academy managed to acquire knowledge of his existence. His foster parents were reluctant to let him go. Manchester, however, was pushy; he kept on saying that that was his first real chance for a proper schooling. Without letting Herman and Hilda O'Brien know, Manchester snuck out their circus tent and made his way into the academy.

Ability name: Optical Illusion Conjuration (or O.I.C or Light Illusions)

Explanation: Light is one of the most constant factor in the universe; that is, until Manchester learned that he could control it. He used this power for the creation of illusions for his magic tricks. Magic is almost always attributed to the quick sleight of the hand of the magician but Manchester discovered he can bend light to his will; make them bounce off black bodies, pass through opaque objects, even control how it refracts in a liquid medium, just for the sake of producing the false impression he needed.

Limitations:

Light is a fairly difficult element to, well, control. Since light travels really fast (approximate 300,000,000 meters per second,) the energy required of Manchester to control it is fairly overwhelming. While the small "disappearing acts" will not leave Manchester huffing and puffing, the said controlled refraction and reflection will cost him a good amount of energy. A risk of fainting from too much use of his powers still exists.

It also requires a fairly good amount of concentration. While Manchester have already trained himself to sync with the proper level of concentration, a good surprise while doing his "tricks" is already good enough to disturb him.

At the moment, the best things Manchester could do with his magic are petty magic tricks; make a card disappear or reappear, change the color of a thing, or produce a small image of anything in his hand. While his illusions are pretty convincing at first look, one could notice upon further inspection that the image is rippling; it lacks the solidity and rigidity of a real object. Also, the size of the image he could project is still limited. He finds it impossible to produce images bigger than his hand.

Room Number: 11

WIP
Done. I think. Let me know if I need to change anything. I really wanted to join this RP.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old July 22nd, 2013 (04:18 PM).
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Have you guys decided which elements your characters will master? or maybe ALL the elements?
#363 Spheal
Supporter Collab January 2015
mod of nothing
paired to Axeliira
Old July 22nd, 2013 (04:26 PM).
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I'm not sure if Ginny will be able to master any element really.. I'm thinking one... fire would fit her hair color but I probably won't do that.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (04:39 PM). Edited July 23rd, 2013 by Cosmic Fury.
Cosmic Fury
Evil Overlord
Community Supporter

Alright, finished with my signup! Got a much better and interesting power than before, so I'm immensely satisfied with this one.

Full name: Adrian Draegar
Room Number: 12
Appearance:
Spoiler:
Standing at just under six feet, one wouldn't think he would be an imposing person until you knew what exactly it was you're dealing with. With his slender frame, compact and wiry muscles, and very high level of intelligence, he's no muscle-bound Superman or something. However, when you look into his face, you'll see an expression that seems to look straight through you, in spite of the general lack of passion it normally displays.

He has intensely filled, gold colored eyes that seem to stare straight into one's soul, but they sometimes change color, if his mood is very strong. His hair is always a platinum-silver color, which is a very common trait in his ancient family, at least those in it that have had the same gift as Adrian has had.

He is always seen wearing something very formal, and there are almost no exceptions. Even when he wears a uniform to something, it's always got something that makes it stand out from the rest. When he goes about in public, he usually wears darker colors, similar to what is found below.

He is also always seen with a very sturdy metal cane. However, it is not used for support, but instead as a mere sign of fashion -- which it is, in the very high level of society that he comes from.

History:
Spoiler:
Coming from a very rich family, Adrian has had all a rich person could ever want... except for plenty of friends. He discovered his power when he was very young, and his parents learned that he possessed it shortly afterwards. He was given the very best education on how to be powerful, and what it meant to possess such an extraordinary gift.

However, it was soon seen that he needed more than family servants as his friends, so he was sent to this school to not only refine his abilities and knowledge, but also to make friends and learn how to interact with others, so that when he takes over the huge family estate in a few years, he can know what to do when he gets there.

Adrian Draegar is the last surviving male of the ancient family that dates back a little over a fifteen hundred years. A lot of pressure has been placed on him by both his mother and his father's associates to fill in the shoes left empty by not only his father, but also everyone who came before him. It's a daunting task, but he's always been confident that he'll be able to one day fill them well.

Ability name: Particle Acceleration

Explanation:
Spoiler:
Adrian's power gives him the ability to drastically speed up the motion of atoms in any object, causing the object and/or all of its constituent parts to instantly destabilize and blow itself apart. The result is nearly always an explosion or some other violent result, unless the object is very sturdy.
  • Can be used on "simple" objects that can be found in nature, like moderate sized chunks of ice, smaller rocks, and a wide assortment of other softer objects. It also works great on "softer" materials like wood, brittle plastics, and other such materials. Works by far the best on liquids (for their surprise value, along with the harmlessness/range of the explosion).
  • Can make sturdy objects with multiple parts explode into pieces. Can be used on things like watches, cell phones, jewelry, shoes, and other similar objects.
  • Can make small, completely solid objects fly in a random direction. This is very difficult to control and hence is never used.

Limitations:
Spoiler:
  • Chaos Factor: While he's able to cause violent explosions, he cannot control the explosion itself -- only the force of it. Hence, he can hurt himself if he creates a violent enough reaction.
  • Object Size, Density, and Hardness: The bigger the object, the harder it is for him to blow it up. If the object is too big, he tires out very easily, and can make the whole thing go wrong. Likewise, the more dense and sturdy it is, the harder it is to blow up. It tires him out just as easily, but he can still make the thing fly in a random direction -- if it's small enough.
  • Aim and Concentration: His power is only as good as his aim. He can't blow up a chair unless he can aim for it. Otherwise he'll make the victim's cup of coffee explode on them instead of their chair, and the day will be that much worse. He also needs to be able to concentrate for just long enough to visualize the object destabilizing. The more tired he is, the more limited his aim AND movements are, thereby restricting his ability greatly.

It's not all about the stats or the fight. It's all about who the characters are, and what they do.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (05:03 PM).
Chalifoux
:: Lives In SHADES of COOL ::
Community Supporter

Yo, Swift, I think I have an idea for an ability, but could you check if it's okay? HERE'S THE POST OF MY SU! Not finished yet, just checking beforehand!

Yes, my character will have a condition of synesthesia :]

Chalifoux
Lives In Shades Of Cool
:: can't get thru his world ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 22nd, 2013 (05:05 PM). Edited July 23rd, 2013 by amerininja.
amerininja
The Pokemon Professor

Nature: Brave
Full name: Kyle Marx

Appearance: Kyle Marx is about 5 foot 6 with a scrawny build. He has hazel eyes and a sharp face as well as midnight black hair. His hair is almost a buzz cut but has a little bit of length. His favorite colors to wear are black and white. He prefers to wear clothes that fit him perfectly. Such as his black undershirt, which is a bit snug, and his white wind breaker with no hood. Normally when he is around other people he is immediately interested on their lives and how they grew up. This is because he has a thirst for culture to go along with his language talent. Around people he also tries to look his best by sitting up straight and never sulking.

History: When Kyle was younger he didn't even know that there was more than just the one language he had been taught to speak. At around 6 his loving parents would often times catch him having some pretty long "conversations" with stray dogs in an alley that was close by their house. At the age of 10 a foreign exchange student from Iceland came who could speak little English. Much to the surprise, and delight, of his teachers however they became good friends and would constantly speak in the friend's native tongue.

At age 14, however, all of his childhood would slowly melt away when his whole family went on a camping trip to a forest that was still chock full of wild animals. That chilly September night a grizzly bear attacked the tent. Kyle, upon hearing the commotion, ran outside and began to tell the bear to leave them alone and go home. The bear turned to face Kyle, gave him a good long look in the eye, and then ran off. His parents were close by and for the first time they truly got to see their son's special talent. They were shocked by this occurrence at first but over time they slowly got used to the idea. At 15 years of age Kyle got invited to a new school for people with special abilities, people like him.

Ability name: Omnilingualism
Explanation: Kyle can speak in any language spoken by humans and animals. He is able to understand them as well. Lastly he can also read and write these languages.
Limitations:
• He must have heard or seen the language, but once he has he can interpret it perfectly.
• He cannot speak in any language other than his own whenever he is under alot of emotional stress.

Room Number: 11

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (06:55 PM).
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
I would like to reserve a spot.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old July 22nd, 2013 (07:05 PM).
Chalifoux
:: Lives In SHADES of COOL ::
Community Supporter

Actually, I think I'm done! CLICK ON THIS MAGICAL LINK! :D Is it acceptable, Peter? :3

Chalifoux
Lives In Shades Of Cool
:: can't get thru his world ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 22nd, 2013 (07:12 PM).
Cosmic Fury
Evil Overlord
Community Supporter

Now this is interesting. She'll be sharing a room with a really rich kid who has the ability to blow small objects up at random. lol

I wonder how this will pan out.

Old July 22nd, 2013 (11:59 PM).
Magic

EliteBeats is accepted! Everyone else should have a VM/PM :<
Old July 23rd, 2013 (12:29 AM).
amerininja
The Pokemon Professor

Nature: Brave
I just now edited my last post please review it. Thank You!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 23rd, 2013 (12:31 AM).
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Alright Beats, I already love you BUT...Will already has two girls who will share him he is going to like (more or less depending on what happens) And who may like him at some point so give him some space so he can think clearly
Old July 23rd, 2013 (01:11 AM). Edited July 23rd, 2013 by Magic.
Magic

Kyle is now accepted, Amerininja . The all-clear to post in the IC will come on Monday or when all new SUs are approved.

miltankRancher you're in too!
Old July 23rd, 2013 (04:41 AM).
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Yay! I just noticed that the IC thread have already way too many posts. Can anybody give me a gist of what had happened already? thanks!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links