The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:17 PM
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
I'm fairly sure that if you didn't directly hack in the pokemon itself, then you could definitely use them online. For example, using AR to make all your pokemon encounters shiny still creates "legit" pokemon that you could use for battling.

The same should apply for events. If you've only used AR to trigger events, then you should be safe... For example, using AR to get the event item Azure Flute. Azure Flute then triggers the event to allow you to acquire a non-hacked Arceus.

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.

Last edited by molivious; July 22nd, 2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:37 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
You can do what molivious suggested, but remember that if you do and you decide to trade with people, do not offer hacks. You'll get infracted for trading them. That's here on PC, anyway. If you do it over GTS, then that sucks for them. Though it's a bit distasteful anyway, and I'd advise you not trade them at all.

I know how you feel though. I had to hack in the 4th gen events cause I didn't have wifi back then.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
FalseKingAllant

So I think that im fine lol, sorry for all this crappy questions, but there is even A chance to get ban from the online/tradings thing?

someone here ever got ban or know someone who got ban for using Action Replay for "Legit" things only like adding TMs/Money or by getting "Events Pokemons"

Not that I will ever want to ruin my game by adding max stats pokemons or some crazy **** -__-

I will use it only for Events, and maybe to add some TMs (need some Earthquakes )

Edit : for the one above, yea it's sucks that only because I didn't had DS I missed basicly all of the events...

I want all those unique Pokemons like the Surfing and the Flying Pikachu, the Spiked ear Pichu, Shiny beasts, shiny Milotic, Mewtwo, Mew, all of those uniques (there's freaking tons of them...

Last edited by Jak; July 22nd, 2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Don't bypass the censor.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:49 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

No one gets banned for hacking in extra TMs and Rare Candy and such. Even cloning with an AR is acceptable. It's just the Pokemon obtained with it that aren't going to fly.

Also, for future reference, if you're going to swear, don't try to filter it by adding characters like ! in place of an i. Just type the word like you normally would and let the censors pick it up. You can get in trouble for bypassing it.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:28 PM
molivious
so much fail...

It's important to note that: using AR to acquire distributed event pokemon, such as the Shiny beasts from Gamestop (specific movesets), the exclusive VGC Shiny Milotic, etc, automatically flags your pokemon as hacked.

The reason behind this is that these pokemon are, as mentioned, given away through specific means. Yes, they are event pokemon. But there are no "in-game events" that allow you to capture these pokemon legitimately. You will only be able to legally acquire these exclusive pokemon during the events.

So yeah, AR can never simulate a "giveaway". Be careful of using AR through these means or even trading with others that have such. Thankfully, PokeCom's trade corner is a safehouse.

These are prime examples of pokemon you shouldn't use online, if you "cheated" for them via AR, that is.

Last edited by molivious; July 22nd, 2013 at 07:36 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
FalseKingAllant

Quote:
Originally Posted by molivious View Post
It's important to note that: using AR to acquire distributed event pokemon, such as the Shiny beasts from Gamestop (specific movesets), the exclusive Shiny Milotic from a certain championship, etc, automatically flags your pokemon as hacked.

The reason behind this is that these pokemon are, as mentioned, given away through specific means. Yes, they are event pokemon. But there are no "in-game events" that allow you to capture these pokemon legitimately. You will only be able to legally acquire these exclusive pokemon during the events.

So yeah, AR can never simulate a "giveaway". Be careful of using AR, and even trading with others.
So I should do only the "Quest Events"
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:39 PM
molivious
so much fail...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseKingAllant View Post
So I should do only the "Quest Events"
That's for you to decide. Would you take the risk? I was just reminding you about my first reply XD

Last edited by molivious; July 22nd, 2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:51 PM
FalseKingAllant

Quote:
Originally Posted by molivious View Post
Preferrably, just to be safe.

I mean, no one's stopping you from hacking in the rest of the event pokemon. Just be aware that you're putting yourself at risk if you do so.
I will only do the quest events, I don't want any risks... that's why all those question lol, I don't want to ruin my online/trading/whatever for Pokemons that not have any value other than make ur boxes looks nice lol,

but I will definitely do the Arceus event and the rest of the quest events,

btw how many "Quest Events" there in HG/SS?
Old July 22nd, 2013, 08:08 PM
molivious
so much fail...

lol, was too slow... but I've edited my previous post XD

Anyway, good question. [This] is a list for HG/SS in-game events. All of which will require you to trade...

Platinum has pretty much "everything", though. See [this] link. As long as it doesn't have "giveaway" in the description, there's an event/another way to get it.

Using AR, you could only unlock 4 events for Platinum -- namely by obtaining Secret Key (gives Rotom), Member Card (Darkrai), Azure Flute (Arceus) and Oak's Letter (Shaymin).

edit: Oh right, add [this] to the HG/SS events. Good luck!

Last edited by molivious; July 22nd, 2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old July 27th, 2013, 05:23 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Is there a place in Gen 4 to catch Darkrai?
Old July 27th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

There is a place, but it was only activated by an event that can no longer be accessed. If you still need a Darkrai, you could browse the trade shops in Trade Corner for one. And you can read about the Darkrai events here. :) Pretty sure that the one that had a specific location took place on New Moon Island.

In the future, if you have questions about a specific generation of Pokemon, please use the corresponding Q&A thread. In this case, you would use the 4th Gen help thread in 4th Generation Gaming.
Old July 28th, 2013, 02:41 PM
tovirex
ToviRex

Sup guys!
I've just finished re-playing Gold on my GameBoy Advance and I started wondering, which games do you need to Catch 'em all?
I mean, you could get Black 2 and start Wi-Fi trading, but it won't be very entertaining per se.
If you were to get all the Pokémon games to the date, obviously you'd be able to do it, but it'd be very expensive.
Which is the minimum quantity of games you need? And number of consoles?
Old July 28th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
I remember in 4th gen you needed all of the games, because... If you get Platinum, for example:

- Need Diamond for Stunky
- Need Pearl for Glameow
- Need HeartGold for legendary exclusives like Kyogre, Latios, etc.
- Need SoulSilver for legendary exclusives as well as the Jade Orb because you need to trade Kyogre to SoulSilver to access Rayquaza (or Groudon to HeartGold)
- Generally you need a Johto game and a Sinnoh game to access a large roster.

In general, GF always makes it so that, within the same generation, you need all the games to get the exclusives. You can, and must in some cases, transfer from old generation in order to complete the Pokédex, which requires more games and therefore a higher price.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old August 5th, 2013, 05:26 AM
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
Okay, Straight to it. I need a question answered.
& I need somebody to check my Pokemon for hacks. Not many just 2 or 3.

Question is; If a Pokemon is bred from a hacked Pokemon. Is the hatchling hacked also?

And i have tried to trade my Lapras to the GTS to use Pokecheck. So i can see if its hacked. (which it is not because i caught it in game. (HGSS)
But still. But it won't let me upload the Pokemon. Is this because of Nintendo's sensor?

As in you cannot trade a Pokemon to the GTS with swear words in the name.
Example; You cannot trade Weedle because it contains the word "weed" in its name.

Is this my problem? If so how can i check if my Pokemon are hacked?
If i can figure this out on my own, I won't need somebody to check for me.

Thanks guys your help will be appreciated.

EDIT: IM TALKING ABOUT GEN IV GAMES.
Old August 5th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

If a Pokemon is bred from a hacked Pokemon, or a hacked Pokemon and a legit Pokemon, it's still considered legit because it was obtained by in-game methods, and not outside methods like Action Replay.

Nintendo shouldn't be preventing you from uploading to Pokecheck though. I think you should be able to get help with that in Trade Corner's chit chat thread or something. They know a lot about it there.

If you can't get Pokecheck to work, there is a hack check thread in Trade Corner and you can get someone else to check your Pokemon for you.
Old August 6th, 2013, 04:49 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Nature: Quirky
Don't know where this needs to go, but how are the F.E.A.R pokes obtained? I'm trying to get an aron that's why I put this question in this section.
My Thread Review ---> HERE
Old August 6th, 2013, 05:45 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
Don't know where this needs to go, but how are the F.E.A.R pokes obtained? I'm trying to get an aron that's why I put this question in this section.
Breed two Aron from Mistralton Cave (or Lairon from Clay Tunnel), until you get an offspring Aron with Sturdy. Teach the Aron the appropriate moves:
-Endeavor (Nacrene City move tutor for 12 Green Shards)
-Toxic (from Seaside Cave, TM06)
-Protect (Battle Subway/Pokemon World Tournament for 6 BP, TM17)
-Hidden Power Rock (PWT/Battle Subway for 18 BP)/Rock Slide (Mistralton Cave, TM80)

Old August 6th, 2013, 05:59 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Breed two Aron from Mistralton Cave (or Lairon from Clay Tunnel), until you get an offspring Aron with Sturdy. Teach the Aron the appropriate moves:
-Endeavor (Nacrene City move tutor for 12 Green Shards)
-Toxic (from Seaside Cave, TM06)
-Protect (Battle Subway/Pokemon World Tournament for 6 BP, TM17)
-Hidden Power Rock (PWT/Battle Subway for 18 BP)/Rock Slide (Mistralton Cave, TM80)
Can this be done on a Gen. game or No? I mean I can transfer to 5th Gen. for moves, just wondering.
Old August 6th, 2013, 06:35 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Can this be done on a Gen. game or No? I mean I can transfer to 5th Gen. for moves, just wondering.
You can do this in Black 2/White 2; Aron is available pre-National Dex.

Old August 6th, 2013, 06:37 PM
~RNC~
Mother Of All Pokemon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
You can do this in Black 2/White 2; Aron is available pre-National Dex.
Will the ability change with leveling up?
Old August 6th, 2013, 07:26 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Will the ability change with leveling up?
No. If you get an Aron with Sturdy, then its ability will stay fixed that way; you can't change it (though some Pokemon change their abilities when they evolve; in Aron's case, its evolved forms share the abilities Sturdy and Rock Head).

Old August 10th, 2013, 10:28 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
I wasn't sure where to post this so here it goes:

In light of the Event Torchic to be released, I'm just wondering if anyone knows what Ireland is like in terms of getting Event Pokemon? I kinda want it but I've never done an event before.

So what is Ireland like, do we fare the same as the UK or do I have a hope?
And what exactly do you do at an event? how does the pokemon manifest in your game?

Deceased:

Old August 12th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
Here's something I'm having trouble with... I'm trying to trade online with someone else here. We're both using Diamond/Pearl on a 3DS, we both have Wireless internet connection, etc. Now the strange part. We can't seem to register each other in the pal pad, we've double checked and what not, it won't work. What seems to be the problem? It keeps saying 'Friend Code wrong' ...
Old August 12th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Did you obtain your FC using your 3DS or another DS? You get a different FC for each device - I've had that problem swapping between DSLite and DSi. And if it's not you, your friend? Just my suggestion :)
Old August 12th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
I obtained it with my 3DS, not sure about the person I'm trading with though. Are you suggesting that our DS systems are unable to communicate due to obtaining the FC on a different DS model?

EDIT: Massive misunderstanding! haha, the individual I'm trading with was adding my FC on the '3DS friend code menu' not in the Pokemon game, he was giving me his 3DS FC hence why it wasn't registering... Thanks for the quick reply regardless! ;D

Last edited by Altair; August 12th, 2013 at 02:47 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links