The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:28 PM
pokem0nprincess

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
I would love a better version of My Pokemon Ranch that works more like Pokemon Box in that you can store hundreds of pokemon on the Wii U. Then maybe I'd buy a Wii U.
Blue - 4 badges
Yellow - 4 badges
Gold - 8 badges but no E4
LeafGreen - 8 badges, E4, Kanto Dex completed
FireRed- 8 badges & E4
Emerald - 8 badges & E4, most of dex complete
Diamond - 8 badges, E4, working on dex
Pearl - 8 badges, no E4 yet
SoulSilver - 16 badges, no Red, working on dex
White - 8 badges, no E4
Black 2 - 7 badges
X 8 badges, E4, working on dex
Old May 6th, 2013, 06:57 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Hmm....Ooh! List time!
1. Pokemon Ranger 3ds...please, I loved the first one and the third one(hated the second one for some odd reason). Loved the co-op in Guardian Signs as well!

2. Pokemon Snap 2. Haven't played the first one, but from what I'm hearing in this thread, it's a good game.

3. Pokemon X Fire Emblem. Where you could 'tame' units, as in your player character would be a strategist that doesn't show up on the map, but controls the pokemon. And pokeballs or such could be weapons to attain more units.

3. A chibi-style pokemon game. I don't care how they make this, but a pokemon game with a super-deformed style like FF: 4 heroes of light or something.

4. A darker Pokemon RPG for the older pokemon fans. I mean, I love the gameplay/strategy/concept of Pokemon...but the sunshine and rainbows kind of make me wonder when Pokemon will actually take a risk, storyline or concept wise(B/W doesn't count because Ghetsis was just the typical rawr-take-over-the-world villain) If they don't wish to take risks in the maingame as to keep the younger gamers, then take the risks in the spin-offs.
Old May 19th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Darkest Shade of Light
Pokémon Midnight Sun

Nature: Adamant
I personally loved both Colosseum and XD, and beat both of them twice. Seeing a third installment, maybe more based upon Pokémon unobtainable in the sixth gen games from other generations (as was the point of Colo/XD for R/S/FR/LG/E) could be implemented. Also loved the original Stadium 1&2, and I think the return of the battle on the big screen would be much appreciated for expansion into a household multiplayer, as opposed to always being on two screens, or using Wi-Fi to battle people with Action Replay'd Pokémon that most people don't stand a chance of beating.
Never personally played Pokémon snap, but I saw Marriland participated in a form of Versus of it with another guy on YouTube, and it looked fairly interesting, and quite possibly worth an attempt on their part for sixth generation.
Other than this, though, not much holds worth for me. PMD has always been "HALP, somebody take thing break universe come to universe and no break!" and I've played the same story six times now (Red, Blue, Time, Space, Darkness, and Gates). If they're going to do it again, please for the love of Arceus, change the story. At least a little? Please?
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:04 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
We do need a new Pokemon shadow game; I was honesty waiting for one since the creation of the Fourth Generation.... perhaps making it for the Wii since that would make sense, so I really want to see a shadow Pokemon game for the 6th generation. As for another game, I want to see another Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game since that is my favorite spin-off series, but this time include all of the Pokemon and not some of them like Gates to Infinity.

:354:TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old June 4th, 2013, 03:58 PM
darkpokeball

Maybe something like Pokemon Dream Radar? Like an eShop game where you can catch pokemon and then transport them?

Also, a new Pokemon Pinball would be nice for the eShop.
Old June 5th, 2013, 01:04 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Pokemon Snap 2 would be on my top list... WE NEED TO PETITION THEM TO MAKE A POKEMON SNAP 2

Is Pokemon Trozei the same as Pokemon Link? I quite liked Link in the few times I've played it - I don't think a sequel would be a bad thing.

While I do love the Pinball games, ultimately they just frustrate me cause I'm terrible at pinball. While it wouldn't really bother me if they did bring out a sequel it would be pretty cool.

Obv. they'll release a rangers and a PMD, they're awesome games!

Deceased:

Old June 5th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
The two that seem the most plaisuble to me are Pokemon Ranger 4 (3DS) and Pokemon Conquest 2 (3DS) which both will probably be released in 2014 assuming they're still producing those series of games.

Old June 6th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
The two that seem the most plaisuble to me are Pokemon Ranger 4 (3DS) and Pokemon Conquest 2 (3DS) which both will probably be released in 2014 assuming they're still producing those series of games.
Me too. The problem is that we can never expect what kind of a game they plan to produce, and that which particular game they're gonna remake. IMO a PokéPinball remake is also a lot deserving, and maybe make Trozei a bit more interesting. These games had cool ideas, and they were never developed much.

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old June 11th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Aelita Schaeffer
Queen of Espurr

Nature: Naughty
Hear me out on this... Pokemon Snap University, get it? the U as in WiiU heheh...that was bad i apologize, like the real titles on the WiiU are any better.
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelita Schaeffer View Post
Hear me out on this... Pokemon Snap University, get it? the U as in WiiU heheh...that was bad i apologize, like the real titles on the WiiU are any better.
Joking aside, a more serious Pokémon Snap Game maybe? Some thing like a Pokémon Safari or a Pokémon World Tour?

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old June 12th, 2013, 01:41 AM
CliCliW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ★Hoenn★ View Post
Joking aside, a more serious Pokémon Snap Game maybe? Some thing like a Pokémon Safari or a Pokémon World Tour?
I could dig that. I'd love more serious Pokemon Games in General - sometimes it feels like PMD are the most grown up Pokemon Games out there. A Safari one would be awesome! but again it may be very limiting on what Pokemon you can find if, like me, you're thinking by ways of touring through the Safari Zones...

A World Tour on the other hand - Imagine having to tour through all the regions and take pictures of ALL THE POKEMANZ!!!! I'd love it!! :D

Deceased:

Old June 12th, 2013, 10:18 AM
The_Consumer

New Pokemon Ranch anyone?
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:43 PM
darkpokeball

WiiU Battle Revolution?
We import our pokemon to a downloadable eShop title that doubles as a Pokemon-holder and a battle simulator. Given how amazing pokemon look on 3ds, imagine how awesome seeing pokemon battle on WiiU will be! (Of course, the point would be to connect to other players around the world, but there should be some built-in fights as well, such as extra gyms....or sumtin')
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
-Pokemon Snap 2
- A third game in the Colosseum/XD series
- New Pokemon Ranger
- New PMD
That's about all, but I wouldn't mind a new pinball game. I would not really want trozei though. It was awful

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I'd like a game like Rumble Blast that becomes a more developed real-time action game. Kinda like a Pokemon 3D MMORPG XD. Seriously cool though, it'll be really awesome to see moves work out in real-time and 3D space.
Old June 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM
D Dog master of war
Pokkén Tournament Champion

Nature: Docile
I don't care about spin-off's. Only ones I care about is the PMD series. I want a both game system one. One is on the Wii U( better looking game thats all. And it has co-op)

And one for 3DS. The newest one was a BIG let down. It was a watered down PMD. It had a super short story. Short number of dungeons(PMD is known for its lastability). A REALLY SHORT NUMBER OF POKEMON! NNNNOOOO!

We really need a good new one.

I am A fighting Champion!!!

3DS FC: 3652-1583-8114
Old June 16th, 2013, 01:24 PM
AWsquared
I know what things are.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
Pokemon Contest 2 seems likely since Tecmo Koei are hinting at it being made . I personally want to see Snap U, a gen VI sequel to PMD, a new Ranger game cause it doesn't seem there's gonna be a Ranger sequel for Gen V sadly. I wouldn't mind a Pokemon Pinball: X and Y or just a reboot for Pinball on 3DS, that would work wonderfully.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old June 22nd, 2013, 06:41 AM
Yoshi119
Abbeon

Nature: Calm
PMD, but with TONNES of Pokémon, and with the personality test again.

#trenchcoatswag
Friend Safari: Ledyba, Masquerain, Venomoth
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:24 PM
franko94
Master Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I hate to admit it but all the spin-off games have been going downhill since generation IV. Conquest was the last good one. PMD: Gates to Infinity was awful in my opinion and I will not be buying any more games in the series unless they revert to the old ways. I prefer the hunger system, I prefer the personality test to pick your pokemon and I prefer having all the Pokemon to date to be in the game.

On to Pokemon Ranger. I think we can expect a new one, but it won't be as good as even Guardian Signs. The key factor to drive sales for the series was the ability to get event Pokemon like Manaphy. With DLC and spotpass, this is obsolete. If one is released, it is likely to be the last.

Pokemon Pinball... Please, now, I will buy it.

Pokemon Snap... Not a chance. The gimmick of being able to use a camera is lost. There is no chance it will sell as well as the original.

Trozei-Would buy, trozei was a fun game. Not sure how other people felt about it but I liked it.

Stadium Brawler-This. This is needed. Battle Revolution was great, another game like this, or like stadium would be great.

XD-Possibly, only because of fan demand and the possibility of expanding now three generations of Pokemon into Orre.

Conquest-No, only because any sequel will be a let down.

Rumble-Rumble U will include Gen VI Pokemon via update.

Pokepark-I'd prefer Pokemon Channel 2... Take that as you will.

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Ark...rds=B00DAIDXDA

iOS devices can access via apps for either Kindle or Nook

Also, for those of you who like more realistic fiction, on November 28th, my second work Family is Forever comes out.
Old June 25th, 2013, 07:50 AM
CliCliW

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko94 View Post

Stadium Brawler-This. This is needed. Battle Revolution was great, another game like this, or like stadium would be great.

Being honest I can't see it being a first on the list for spinoffs merely because of the fact that the 3DS battling system already looks like a Stadium game in terms of pokemon movements and their reactions to moves.

Deceased:

Old June 25th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Hawk.
The Hawist

Nature: Timid
A new Pokemon Conquest game is what I'm looking forward to. Now that Fairy Type has been confirmed.

Old July 18th, 2013, 07:56 PM
EJ Nero
OshaPower!

Nature: Bold
A new mystery dungeon, ranger, and hopefully an entirely new spin-off series. It would be interesting to see if they could come up with one.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 09:25 PM
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
Rumble Blast X Mystery Dungeon X Main series

Travel along the world with your Pokemon, battle in real-time... idk why mystery dungeon is there, but i put it anyway :D

Other than that, (doesn't need to be titled "conquest") I'd like another pokemon SRPG. Hopefully, one with more depth.

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
Old August 1st, 2013, 02:51 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

We really need a new PMD, but then with all Pokemon from gen 1 to gen 6, a good storyline, an epic final boss (not something like Darkrai in Time/Darkness/Sky), a good chunk of post-game content, and unlimited storage space.

A second Pokemon Conquest would be great as well. However, it should also contain Pokemon that have been left out in the first one, like Feraligatr, Omastar, Kabutops, Reuniclus, Exeggutor, and Gliscor.

I also loved the Pokemon Ranger games, the third one being my favourite. I hope the fourth one will be better than the third! Or at least better than the first one.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old August 1st, 2013, 01:23 PM
Starlight Sprite
Resident Moon Fairy
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Starlight Sprite
1. A darker RPG in the vein of Colosseum and Gale of Darkness would be mind blowing. It could be a return to Orre, or perhaps a new region, but I really liked this style of play. I know the main series has become a lot more plot heavy as of late, but I like the idea of not having to collect badges and challenge the Elite Four. Even something with mission-based gameplay would be cool.

2. Pokemon Conquest 2.... PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! I loved the idea of humans an Pokemon taking the field together (even if the humans didn't actually fight) without just giving orders on the sidelines. I would love if a sequel had more open gameplay, with more Pokemon to choose from and not limiting them to just one attack. Still, this game was a masterpiece.

3. Pokemon Snap 2: Not likely since there hasn't been one in ages, but that doesn't mean it can't ever happen.

4. Ranger / Mystery Dungeon: I was never crazy about either, but they provided some fun and helped pass the time while I waited for other games to come out

Gym Leader Korrina
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here