The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Shiro No Kishidan

Quote:
This Roggenrola is supposed to be Shiny?
Even trainer pokemon are randomly Shiny. When I fought Florinia, She had her first two pokemon shiny. Occasionally happens.
Old July 17th, 2013, 03:55 AM
HersheysPink

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSpeedFreak View Post
And where can I get Petilil, Vulpix and Dawn Stone?
You can get Vulpix at the Salon in Obsidia Ward if your pokemon is happy enough with you. I'd recommend picking your starter up front (at least that's what I did and I think I needed 2 or 3 haircuts), if it's not get a few pamperings with the salon woman until you do and if Suzy feels your pokemon is happy enough she'll give Vulpix to you.
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
You can find Dawn Stones as hidden items...
Old July 18th, 2013, 05:28 PM
NeoSpeedFreak

Nature: Jolly
Shiny chance in this game?
Old July 19th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Slaying Moon

Nature: Quiet
Where's a place I can quickly train my Gardevoir and Croagunk for my battle against Shade? Preferably without Ghost or Dark types.

Currently breeding: Illusions.
Old July 19th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Dragon-Tamer795

I used the patch of grass right outside his gym that leads to the graveyard, but I didn't have those Pokémon at the time. Does that help?

Also, I am now unable to play Reborn- every time I start the game it crashes and windows gives the following message:

RGSS Player has stopped working
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Any idea what's going on? I think someone else had this issue a few pages back as well.

The only thing that's really changed on my computer since I last had Reborn working is that I now have a Gameboy emulator, which works perfectly. Could this possibly be interfering, and how?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old July 20th, 2013, 08:19 AM
NeoSpeedFreak

Nature: Jolly
Where I can buy Super Potions?
Old July 20th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Antigen X

First of all, absolutely love this game. I can't even fathom the amount of time and effort that went into making such a fantastic and well-made product.

I've come across a few bugs, but it looks like they have already been brought to your attention in this thread and will be fixed by the next update.

To those looking for Heart Scales: Mine the glowing rocks. They're very small and don't always appear, but you can always save and retry the same rock until you get what you're looking for.

I'm actually wondering if Shiny Stones are available in the game yet since I still haven't come across any while mining. I'd check the Reborn forums, but I'm unable to access the site for some reason.

Keep up the awesome work!

EDIT: Also, one minor suggestion. Do you think it'd be possible to display the gender of the Pokemon the trainer acquires on the nickname screen? I know there's a Name Rater early in the game, but I'd still like to be able to give my Pokemon the appropriate nickname without having to go somewhere just to fix it. This isn't as much of a problem with wild Pokemon, but with gift Pokemon like Ralts you won't find out what gender it is until after it's been added to your party.

Last edited by Antigen X; July 20th, 2013 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added suggestion
Old July 20th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Reflexes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigen X View Post
First of all, absolutely love this game. I can't even fathom the amount of time and effort that went into making such a fantastic and well-made product.

I've come across a few bugs, but it looks like they have already been brought to your attention in this thread and will be fixed by the next update.

To those looking for Heart Scales: Mine the glowing rocks. They're very small and don't always appear, but you can always save and retry the same rock until you get what you're looking for.

I'm actually wondering if Shiny Stones are available in the game yet since I still haven't come across any while mining. I'd check the Reborn forums, but I'm unable to access the site for some reason.

Keep up the awesome work!

EDIT: Also, one minor suggestion. Do you think it'd be possible to display the gender of the Pokemon the trainer acquires on the nickname screen? I know there's a Name Rater early in the game, but I'd still like to be able to give my Pokemon the appropriate nickname without having to go somewhere just to fix it. This isn't as much of a problem with wild Pokemon, but with gift Pokemon like Ralts you won't find out what gender it is until after it's been added to your party.
There's a shiny stone on azurine island as a hidden item.

Does anyone know where to get Cottonee?
Old July 20th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Slaying Moon

I'm so proud of my Magnezone! It managed to single-handedly take down most of Shade's team while being burned!
My current team is:

Wabisuke/Exploud (F, Lv.43) @Quick Claw
Rock Smash, Uproar, Supersonic, Crunch

RyujinJaka/Blaziken (F, Lv.39) @Quick Claw
Double Kick, Peck, Focus Energy, Ember

Magnezone (Lv.40) @Quick Claw
Spark, Flash Cannon, Charge Beam, Electro Ball

Gonryomaru/Emolga (F, Lv.41) @Quick Claw
Spark, Pursuit, Electro Ball, Acrobatics

Minazuki/Gardevoir (F, Lv.35) @Quick Claw
Confusion, Charge Beam, Magical Leaf, Grass Knot

EDIT: Does anyone know where to find the five missing police officers? I've found four, but have no clue as to the whereabouts of the last one.

Old July 21st, 2013, 03:20 PM
Suchanut02

Do you know where to find ralts?
Old July 21st, 2013, 04:31 PM
Slaying Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchanut02 View Post
Do you know where to find ralts?
Ralts can be found near the first gym. Just go down a bit, and you'll see a guy blocking a path to some buildings. Give him money and he will eventually move out of the way. Ralts will be in one of the buildings.

EDIT: Finally managed to defeat Aya! If it hadn't been for the Max Revive I mined beforehand, I would have lost again.

Last edited by Slaying Moon; July 21st, 2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old July 21st, 2013, 08:13 PM
dannidarko
Danni Darko

Send a message via Skype™ to dannidarko
Is there something wrong with the original site? I can't seem to get onto it! Just wanna know if others are experiencing the same problem or is my computer just annoying me!!
Old July 21st, 2013, 08:58 PM
Slaying Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannidarko View Post
Is there something wrong with the original site? I can't seem to get onto it! Just wanna know if others are experiencing the same problem or is my computer just annoying me!!
I don't think anyone can access it at the moment.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 12:18 AM
dannidarko
Danni Darko

a ok thanks!! was getting worried in case there was an update or anything and i missed it!! lol
Old July 22nd, 2013, 02:47 AM
YagamiNoir4896

I love this game. I really do. I'm surprised that the shiny chance was buffed up so big to the point where I got 3 shinies before the 2nd gym. And where can the Dawn stone be obtained? Could anyone be so kind as to tell me the precise location,and tell me approximately how much badges I need to get it?
Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:56 AM
Slaying Moon

Does anyone know where the five missing police officers are in the Jasper and Beryl Wards? I've found four of them, but I'm can't remember which four.
Also, is Gible catchable in the current demo?

Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:21 AM
YagamiNoir4896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaying Moon View Post
Does anyone know where the five missing police officers are in the Jasper and Beryl Wards? I've found four of them, but I'm can't remember which four.
Also, is Gible catchable in the current demo?
I don't think Gible's obtainable, since I caught a glimpse of the obtainable Pokemon and the only Dragon type you can get is Flygon at the moment. Also, what's inside the egg given at Coral Ward?
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:38 AM
Shiro No Kishidan

Togepi. Also for those wondering I think the shiny chance was 1/100 if I remember correctly. Another thing is that apparently the website will probably be up back in a week or two according to the info put up on the reborn pokemon online server. Hope this helps.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:46 AM
YagamiNoir4896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro No Kishidan View Post
Togepi. Also for those wondering I think the shiny chance was 1/100 if I remember correctly. Another thing is that apparently the website will probably be up back in a week or two according to the info put up on the reborn pokemon online server. Hope this helps.
Thanks! I'll get Togepi later. For now I'll stick to dealing with Florinia, and her godlike Cradily. If only my lvl 26 Monferno would stop disobeying....I forgot that if you overlevel your Pokes they wont listen to you. And the shiny chance is....too much. I got 4 shinies today.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
Shiro No Kishidan

Quote:
For now I'll stick to dealing with Florinia, and her godlike Cradily. If only my lvl 26 Monferno would stop disobeying....I forgot that if you overlevel your Pokes they wont listen to you.
If you want my advice, complete the day care center sidequests and catch a mankey or a scraggy. Also in episode 9, it was announced that common candy, an item that lowers levels by one may be introduced. In any case good luck, that was also my hardest gym fight.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 03:33 PM
Charblade111

Does anyone know where to get the Department store stickers? I need to access the upper levels to buy some TM's and such.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Ussi

Hi, i'd like to say I was watching a lets play of this mod and it was so amazing I had to play it myself. So I'd like to leave some feedback of my experience in the game:

Obviously massive spoilers so skip this post if you don't want to be spoiled about the gyms/bosses.

Alright i knew the beginning of the game (up to the 2nd gym) so some of what i did is a bit non-new playerish but anyways. I picked Chimchar as my starter (because i like flaming monkeys, not cause he's the 2nd best choice for early game). From this point i run into the problem that many players probably would have: time consuming to get a good nature for your starter. I was lucky and got adamant on my 2nd try. (First try i had like +def -speed or something stupid like that). I am a big stickler about the natures of my pokes.. So i'd say you should make it easier on us to get a good nature starter (or at least a non-crippling one) by either not letting us battle instantly afterwards or let us see the summary of the starter the moment we get it.

So anyways, i rush to get Ralts after the first two rival battles. Get a modest nature after many resets. I pretty much do most of the pre-first gym with just Ralts and Chimchar. I catch a level 13 trubbish for toxic spikes as i figure that will be immensely useful for gym battles. So first gym battle with level 17 Ralts, 17 Monferno and 16 trubbish. Took around 3 tries.

I'm pretty much focusing on Ralts, who evolves to Kirlia before the next boss. Single poke boss simple with trubbish using acid spray and then Kirlia just destroys the -4 sp def poke. I also caught a Scraggy after the forest and trained her up (all my pokes were female besides Monferno lol.. Stayed this way till I got Foongus)

2nd gym battle: level 22-23 of Kirlia, Monferno, Trubbish, and Scraggy. This was interesting but i got it on my 2nd try. I lost the first time cause Amoongus absorbed my toxic spikes :x 2nd time i set up spikes after i took out Amoongus (2nd poke she sent out so still worth to poison 3 of her pokes) Breloom was the hardest to deal with. Well played as he dealt with toxic spikes strat easily, luckily for me Kirlia was awesome and i didn't get spored

The next boss was the hardest part for me for one reason. I fought him with no Kirlia (fainted before hand) and between Scraggy and Monferno, Chatot one shot both of them with chatter. Lol i won by a miracle cause he choose to set up on my cut slave Glameow (was level 15, the base level) and got put to sleep by hypnosis. I instantly switched to Monferno and got a 5 turn sleep and my paralyzed Monferno did not get parahaxed once when i killed the chatot in 4 turns. Actually got a crit that mattered cause he used a super potion.

Tangent: I love the amount of double battles and partnering events. Partnering events made it easy for me to train weaker pokes to catch them back up. Anyways..

The 2v1 doubles boss was frustrating to an extent cause i had to fight Chatot again. But doubles is pretty simple against AI when you bum rush one person down.

Battle with Corey (Poison gym leader).. Oh man.. Monferno, Scraggy, and Trubbish were all useless offensively. This was a 6 pokemon sweep with Gardevoir. Yes I solo'd Corey with Gardevoir. I forget the exactly specifics.. But i got 3 calm minds then one shot all his pokes with confusion. Crobat was the only threat but he didn't kill Gardevoir in his only turn he had to attack me. Actually he had a dark/poison type iirc.. I think that took 2-3 charge beams.

My Gardevoir was level 34 at the end of that, so i got a bit worried about overleveling her xD but its k, bug gym is next and Gardevoir would die in 2 hits there.

I get Crogank at this point i believe.. Then its the bug gym now i think.. Crogank is useless since he has no good poison moves lol. Sucker punch is broken in this game though. Its essential a dark extremespeed in this game. (I know cause i tried to bait it using calm mind and got two shot with my fight with Kiki)

Bookshelf puzzle.. I pulled my hair out. Shelly took 2 or 3 tries learning her moveset. Had to clear Mothim and Venomoth before Infernape could finish the rest off. Afterwards its the doctor place.. I train Crogank here. After this its time for Shade..

Oh man Shade was a nightmare. I had 3 fighting types, a 2 poison and a psychic type at this point. However i did notice one of my favorite pokes around.. Got me a Magnezone.. So entered this fight: 38 Gardevoir, 36 Infernape, 34 Scraggy, 31 trubbish, 35 Magnezone and 34 Crogank. Trubbish would start, set up my layer of spikes and get off 1 acid spray on rotom before she died. Gardevoir comes in and kills rotom (usually always went for hex) then this draws out Chandelure.. I have to sack one poke to deal with him.. And only 2 pokes could deal with him (Infernape has fighting, fire, and grass attacks) Crogank was the the sacrifice. Sucker punch once before dying. (Dry skin op). Scraggy would come in for the finish. If Scraggy managed to finish him... Gengar then destroyed me every time.

So this is the first point where i had to grind. I grinded Scraggy to level 38 for crunch, and Infernape to 37 Magnezone to 36 and then it was rematch time also went and bought 5 sitrus berries and 5 chesto berries. Tossed chesto on Magnezone and Infernape. sitrus on Scraggy. Using same strat except this time Scraggy was a boss and took out Gengar as well thanks to the sitrus berry. gardevoir died to an unfortunate crit but Infernape clutched it out taking out two pokes. Magnezone walled Spiritomb long enough to die to poison.

After this point i was severely overleveled.. I had abandoned Trubbish as i only used him for toxic spikes. So i had 4 pokes trending the 43-44 mark by the time i reached the beach. By the time i reached Cal, toxicrank was 43 as well. Kiki was too easy... I was like 3 levels above all her pokes. (I assume it was meant for us to be level 40)

I catch a foongus, set him to the day care. Get a new hm slave, nuzleaf for strength, cut, and rock smash. Now its time for Aya.

Aya i won on my first try lol. I didn't even use Gardevoir and Magnezone till her last two pokes (both were level 45 so i feared they would overlevel) Toxicrank and Scrafty did work. Sludge wave did make the battle interesting, however had I started with Gardevoir and Magnezone, i think i woulda clean sweeped with just the two of em..

After this i just spend most of my battles trying to train foongus up. Boxed Toxicrank.. But i'm definitely gonna enjoy the flying gym when it comes.. (4 pokes weak to flying, 1 neutral, 1 quad resist... Obv Gliscor gonna be there to make me cry)

Next notable boss is the doctor.. This was laughable. Discharge lightningrod is pretty epic. Its even more epic when your Gardevoir traces lightningrod and takes the +3 boost for herself.. And gets plus 4 cause the other poke use an electric move too. So i start the battle with a +4 Gardevoir. I wanted to train foongus though, so i didn't just clean sweep with Gardevoir. But I could have. Also interesting concept of a 12v6.. Made it hard cause he wasn't dumb but my teammate is. Intimidate onto the nidoking first turn would have made this hard had i not been a +4 Gardevoir

Lastly now its time for Serra the ice gym. Another doubles battle, i'm pretty excited as doubles it fun. Holy crap hail team.. This took my 20+ tries simply due to my team level, not having vulpix, snow cloak + brightpowder being the lamest thing ever, and freeze hax... I entered this battle with:

48 Gardevoir
46 Infernape
46 Magnezone
46 Scrafty
45 Toxicrank
46 Foongus (didn't evolve to get spore at level 50 instead if 62)

I start Infernape and Magnezone. Infernape would KO Abomasnow 50% of the time if he didn't miss and then Magnezone would flash cannon the incoming Mamoswine. (I won when i crit him) so its Glaceon and Jynx and so I switch out Infernape for Scrafty to take the psychic. And when i reached this point.. Glaceon got a double freeze on me... Had to get through hax again to reach the point again. I used Foongus as death fodder to take blizzards for me. Toxicrank did nothing this fight. (I constantly would reset from missing too much, getting frozen, and stuff)

Also i learnt this fight that frost breathe is a sure crit and i should stop trying to calm mind set up on it x_x cause before i was trying to set up to clean sweep again with Gardevoir.

This whole fight is trivialized using Vulpix/Ninetails. Need to have her switch out Abomasnow to reset up the hail, and/or have some pokes know hail to get rid of weather effects like Perma-sun to make this fight less trivializing.

By the way, i ended this run with 148000 ¥. I only bought the 10 berries for shade and thats it. Yes i did make lots of return trips for pokemon center, and i was patience with no repels. clocked 19 hours. One more thing.. Level 30 pokemon won't let my level 48 foongus run away i thought it would be cause they were flying types, but a level 20 diglet wouldn't let me run away... and it wasn't arena trap cause i hit run and then diglet attacked me.

I decided to try playing another run on another laptop to see how I would do using a non-fire starter. I also made a rule to not use any of the same pokes except for Ralts who will evolve into a Gallade this time.

So i pick Piplup. Its Bold, i lose every fight. I rage quit and pick Oshawott next time. Sassy, +spdef -speed. I role with it since whatever, i just didn't want minus attack cause you are trash otherwise. Ralts is adamant so Ralts is trash till he's a gallade to finally use some physical attacks.

For now i'm level 10 Ralts an level 10 Oshawatt. Gonna have to figure out who i'm gonna get. I'm definitely gonna get a Breloom later on. Question is who i use early game now...

Looking at the gyms (including the gyms you get no badges):

Electric
Grass
Poison
Bug
Ghost
Fire (technically you are told this will give you the badge)
Fighting
Poison again
Ice

Sucks to be a Grass type lol

Thanks for making this mod.

Last edited by Ussi; July 22nd, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:10 PM
dannidarko
Danni Darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charblade111 View Post
Does anyone know where to get the Department store stickers? I need to access the upper levels to buy some TM's and such.

So far in the game you can only get up to floor 5 in the department store. I think there are around 11 floors. Unfortunately you cant get tms and evolution items. I know it sucks but I think its a good way to develop your teams and enjoy the difficulty of gyms!! lol
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:20 PM
Slaying Moon

I've found a bug in the Yureyu HQ. After defeating Grunts Simon and Tara, when Charlotte starts walking away, she looks towards the locked gate and the game freezes, but the music still plays.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links