The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

View Poll Results: Do you think it is real or fake?
REAL 2 50.00%
FAKE 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 8th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Nature: Quirky
Alright, time to make my roster prediction, which will have two versions depending if any circumstances have been fulfilled in the future.

Here's the first version of the roster (if all 35 Brawl characters were to come back):

1st row - Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch
2nd row - Luigi, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Ridley, Metaknight, Falco, Pokemon Trainer, Roy, Snake
3rd row - Peach, King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Pit, King Dedede, Wolf, Jigglypuff, Ike, Sonic
4th row - Bowser, Wario, Toon Link, Palutena, Villager, Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, Ness, Mega Man
5th row - Yoshi, Little Mac, Olimar, Ice Climbers, Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B., Lucario, Lucas, Random Button

Here's the second version of the roster (With Toon Link presumably disconfirmed, and assuming Snake and Sonic are one-time deals only):

1st row - Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch
2nd row - Luigi, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Ridley, Metaknight, Falco, Pokemon Trainer, Roy, R.O.B.
3rd row - Peach, Dixie Kong, Ganondorf, Pit, King Dedede, Wolf, Jigglypuff, Ike, Wii Fit Trainer
4th row - Bowser, King K. Rool, ALBW Link, Palutena, Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon, Mewtwo, Ness, Mega Man
5th row - Yoshi, Wario, Olimar, Little Mac, Villager, Mach Rider, Lucario, Lucas, Random Button

Both rosters include 44 characters on the slots, and including transformations adds up to 48 chracters in total. I have to include the random button, depsite wasting a slot for another misc. character, since it's being included in recent fighting games, which brings me this question to discuss: Does the Random Button need to come back for SSB4?
Old July 8th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Epickid

Nature: Brave
I think SSBB was the best. I use Mario a lot and I really kick butt. I will also try to get SSB4 for 3DS.
Forever Ratchet & Clank fan.

Old July 12th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Rest
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Nature: Careful
Well guys, Olimar is back!

Old July 12th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Ohhhh yes I love Olimar! One of my favorite SSBB characters and his cute Pikmin, glad to see him!
Old July 13th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Well I'm glad that Olimar wasn't replaced by Alph or the other new captains, but notice how he was revealed when Pikmin 3 was soon to be released in Japan. It could mean we'll be getting a character based on a new Nintendo title coming to Japan each month. Here I'll be listing out the games in the next following months of 2013:

August - Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (Can't be Luigi, because he's traditionally a hidden character)
September - Wonderful 101 (The Red Hero may be our next newcomer)
October - Pokemon X & Y (Possibly Pokemon Trainer, since Mewtwo was a hidden character before)
November - Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze (Either Diddy Kong or Dixie Kong)
December - Super Mario 3D World (Peach, since Sakurai seems to have a limit of having each series having up to 3 reps for the starter roster)
Old July 13th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Haha please Diddy and Dixie Kong! That would be so amazing, I could just imagine. I love her so much, though omg!
Old July 13th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Spinosaurus

Well, for DK characters, I already got my guy (DK) since day 1.

But I cannot object to Diddy AND Dixie! DKC2 is an amazing game.
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

I'd probably favor Diddy and Dixie over Diddy and Donkey. I mean, yeah Donkey Kong is the main character of the franchise, but I think Dixie would be so much more fun to use!

I would love to see the return of PokeBalls, they were one of my favorite items you could pick up in the game. I just would like a bigger variety of Pokemon that come from PokeBalls.
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but:

A stage from Super Mario 3D Land has been confirmed, pretty much. ^^;

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Doesn't look too bad. I like stages that have a bit more space in them, that one doesn't really have much in it, hopefully one of the simpler stages.
Old July 14th, 2013, 12:09 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Here's the second version of the roster (With Toon Link presumably disconfirmed, and assuming Snake and Sonic are one-time deals only):
I don't think Snake will return, or at the very least I hope he doesn't return. But Sonic? Nintendo has a pretty solid relationship with Sega right now, I think Sonic will return
Old July 14th, 2013, 10:57 PM
zeldamariomarth*

Fire emblem awakening is awesome. I would like to see MR Sandman from punch out. He would be a big slow beast.
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:50 AM
PixelWarrior
Conqueror of Castles

SSBB has always been one of my favorites. It's one of those games that you can play over and over again, day in day out, and not get tired of. Some of the games that are meant to be that way fail by lacking in other categories, but Brawl is not lacking in any category I'm aware of. Entertaining, but at the same time intense, and always a lot of fun.

SSB4, specifically, is a game I'm really excited for. I absolutely love the fact that Mega Man will be featured in it, as well as the Villager. I usually main Lucas, but those two are both contenders for my new favorite character. On a side note, I genuinely hope they keep Sonic, the reason being it's going to help them acquire more sales. Sonic is a video game icon, along with the likes of Mario, Pikachu, Link, etc. and even though he isn't part of that Nintendo family, he should be a staple in the character choices. Also, it was quite a shock when I saw the Wii Fit Trainer introduced, and not a good shock. I'm curious how they're going to code all of Mega Mans moves to the Wii U and 3DS, because they showed a lot of them in the trailer. I was kind of hoping for something along the lines of Bomberman or Vaati from Zelda.

Last edited by PixelWarrior; July 17th, 2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

I wouldn't mind the return of the Earthbound characters; Ness and Lucas. They were only good if you could use them properly, and from what I saw, not too many people did. So if they did come back, which I hope they do, I just want them to be a lot more simpler to use and maybe notch a few of their attacks because they weren't the best.

Plus, Lucas shares my name :3
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Spinosaurus

I use Ness and let me tell you he's not a good character at all, even Lucas.

He's awful in Melee and Brawl and only OK in 64. While he has some high highs (fantastic aerials, projectiles, priority and grab game) everything else is really bad. His recovery is pretty much the worst, his approach is terrible, his grab range is bad (that means his reliable methods to KO are hard to get), his reach is poor and his set of smash attacks are awful. I don't use Lucas enough to know what his flaws is, but I know he pretty much is the opposite of Ness in that his aerials are bad but his smash attacks are incredible, oh and he has bad grabs but his recovery is much better.

I'm seriously hoping he gets buffed in Smash 4. He's been one of the worst characters for a while...
Old July 17th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I see Ness returning. The original 12 SSB64 fighters, IMO, will never go away.

Honestly, I don't see Lucas returning. Although he is one of my favorites. Same with Ike. He may be replaced by Chrom instead.

As for Snake and Sonic, I see Sonic with the higher chance of reappearing. With all the Sonic games for Nintendo consoles plus the exclusives, he's practically a Nintendo character at this point. xD

Others I'm hoping are playable are Ghirahim (Zelda Skyward Sword), Mewtwo (with his new form), and Shulk (Xenoblade).
Old July 19th, 2013, 06:08 PM
th3shark
Develops in AS3/C++

Nature: Calm
I don't think Snake and Sonic are appearing in SSB4. They were awesome, but Sakuri stated he wants very few 3rd party characters in Smash Bros. Mega Man fits the bill, and that's not considering the possibility of adding Namco-Bandi characters.

I'm also hoping for Ghirahim, Mewtwo, and Shulk to make appearances. Chrom will probably be in too, considering the surprise popularity of Fire Emblem: Awakening.
Old July 19th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
I think Sonic will, but I'm uncertain about Snake. When Sakurai stated he wanted few 3rd party characters, is it possible he meant that he didn't want us to raise our hopes for their being any more 3rd party characters than there were already? (So guesses that characters like Knuckles would appear was shot down.)
Old July 19th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

I think Sonic will be there, just for popularity reasons and the fans he has. They won't want anyone complaining about it. But I agree with you about Snake. I think Shulk might make the cut however, I've heard rumors and whatnot surrounding him being in the game so that's a pretty high possibility
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:24 PM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Shulk would be a nice addition. Xenoblade did get a heck of a lot of recognition (what with Project Rainfall being a success), and they're seemingly taking note in promoting the next 'X' game now.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old July 22nd, 2013, 10:45 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Xenoblade would be very interesting, in my opinion. I'm generally very happy that Mega Man will be in Smash because I think he'll fit in well but will probably be one of those overused characters. The "attacks" he will use could be predicted pretty easily, he's a familiar face so I don't think there will be too much trouble with using him.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:36 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
I see Ness returning. The original 12 SSB64 fighters, IMO, will never go away.

Honestly, I don't see Lucas returning. Although he is one of my favorites. Same with Ike. He may be replaced by Chrom instead.

As for Snake and Sonic, I see Sonic with the higher chance of reappearing. With all the Sonic games for Nintendo consoles plus the exclusives, he's practically a Nintendo character at this point. xD

Others I'm hoping are playable are Ghirahim (Zelda Skyward Sword), Mewtwo (with his new form), and Shulk (Xenoblade).
Quote:
I'm also hoping for Ghirahim, Mewtwo, and Shulk to make appearances. Chrom will probably be in too, considering the surprise popularity of Fire Emblem: Awakening.
I have several problems about these suggestions:

- Lucas and Ike first appeared in Smash Bros. as default characters, and based on the fact that all of the default characters from Melee (Bowser, Peach, Zelda, Sheik, and Ice Climbers) made it, then so will Brawl's default characters (Pit, Metaknight, Wario, ZSS, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Lucas, Dedede, Olimar) in this game, as proven by Olimar's return rather than being replaced by Alph, Britney, or Charlie.
- Ghirahim is a one-time Zelda character, which means like Midna, he'll be irrelevant to the series in the next Zelda title. The only reason why Sheik got in was because she's technically Zelda and is used as part of Zelda's play style to make her stand out from the other fighters.
- Just because Chrom is recent doesn't mean he's an automatic shoe-in. This is not the reason why Roy and Ike were chosen in the previous titles (Roy was picked by Sakurai because his fire power made him stood out from Marth, and Ike was suggested by Intelligent System when Sakurai was looking for a new FE rep). Besides, Roy was originally meant to come back in Brawl to co-exist with Marth and Ike.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 09:45 AM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Who here still even plays this game? I do, I'm thinking of hosting a tournament on here. I think that it would be fun!
Old July 23rd, 2013, 09:55 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaiImNate View Post
Who here still even plays this game? I do, I'm thinking of hosting a tournament on here. I think that it would be fun!
On the Wii, it is still regarded as quite a popular game. Though for an event I would wait until the new game is released because there would be a better turnout rather than with the current game. Though it would be good to have an event for the Wii version of SSBB a few days before the release of the new one to say goodbye and get ready for the new one when it comes out. :3
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:28 AM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
On the Wii, it is still regarded as quite a popular game. Though for an event I would wait until the new game is released because there would be a better turnout rather than with the current game. Though it would be good to have an event for the Wii version of SSBB a few days before the release of the new one to say goodbye and get ready for the new one when it comes out. :3
Ehh, I might host a small tournament like with 8 people or something. When do you think Smash 4 will come out?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links