The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development

Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 29th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Faore
:D

Working on my Pokemon Browser RPG, and woking on a Plot for my Pokemon: Team Rocket Returns.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faore View Post
Working on my Pokemon Browser RPG, and woking on a Plot for my Pokemon: Team Rocket Returns.
oh? why are they returning?

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Old July 12th, 2013, 07:46 AM
lauerolus

I'm mapping/scripting at the moment, while looking at pokemon movepools.
Old July 12th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Derxwna Kapsyla
X-Class Project, Derxwna, #003

Nature: Lax
My friend, Mugendai, got the event working I needed for Celadon Gym, so I'm probably gonna start working some more on Faith & Prayer Version a bit more. The next thing to be working on I believe is coming up with an idea for how I want Saffron Gym to work - I personally believe that the Warp System, or at least how the gym is in every incarnation, is old and played out, so I'm trying to come up with new ideas.
For more information future news and updates to any projects, the following blogs are where I post information. You can usually hit me with a message there when it comes to bug reports or feedback, or general conversation about something.
Game Projects:
In Progress:
  • Touhoumon Essentials Development Starter Kit for RMXP - Version 1 finished and released.
    The following version is outdated a great deal. Do not bother downloading it. I will have a new, revised version up eventually. If you really want the engine, I can provide you with the current engine Faith & Prayer version uses.
  • Touhoumon: Faith and Prayer Version - Demo 3.1 Released
Old July 15th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

I've gotten RMVX Ace and I've had a slight poke around. Some parts are better than XP, some are worse, and you have to be a wizard to be able to make a proper tileset thanks to all kinds of blending and usage rules that VXA has.
Old July 15th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Harvey_Create
Pokemon Apex Team Member

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Harvey_Create
I'm mapping and overhauling some menu graphics. No offence Maruno, but I don't like Essentials menus. I am also trying to recruit a scriptwriter and graphic artist to our team. As well as learning to Event a bit better. Scripting is something that will take awhile for me to start on. And trying to push Dillon to help release a Demo of Apex, as the last playable version was from back before a joined the team(VERY bad mapping, and no events whatsoever.) So yea. And trying to stay awake. O_O

Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:19 PM
EmeraldSky
Make the Colors in the Sky!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to EmeraldSky
Learning my way around RPG Maker VX Ace--I'm trying to find sprites of the human characters (Ash,Misty, Brock, etc) in a fantasy form (as I'm trying to make a "Pokemon meets Dragon Quest" type game

So far, I have the first major part of the world map, the counterpart to Pallet Town (named Mayul), and I'm currently filling in the database

Diamond FC: 1977 8991 5041 Will trade and battle

Like to RP? Come join us at http://rpforum.niceboard.net/forum.htm
Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:32 PM
Maruno

I'm currently looking into the possibility of a spiritual successor to Pokémon Essentials...
Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
Harvey_Create
Pokemon Apex Team Member

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Harvey_Create
Trying to figure out why my game crashes as soon as i leave the first map. There are no error reposts, so its confusing

Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
the__end
Pixel Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
I'm currently looking into the possibility of a spiritual successor to Pokémon Essentials...
Maybe you should make a thread for that? It doesn't get much attention here. You could collect ideas and resources there and maybe create a "To-do list" like you did for Essentials (sorted by importance). And you could even recruit some "team members" so you don't need to do it all yourself. A community project will not work anyways. It is better if someone is actually in charge and can decide stuff.
Old September 21st, 2013, 08:57 AM
Maruno

I've been helping out with making a game recently, by doing some scripting and some much-needed organisation/listing of tasks.
Old September 21st, 2013, 07:14 PM
Fraot
Researcher & Game Developer

Nature: Quiet
It's been a while since I last visited here and everything seems cool.

I myself am working on my Megaman X game while I'm not doing homework, although I decided to take a rest from it. You could say I'm on stand by.

I also design Pokémon interfaces from time to time, just for the fun of it... well, actually to get more experience in graphic and animation stuff.

And also... a new Megaman X game is coming. Megaman X: Maverick Wars.
Old September 25th, 2013, 10:26 PM
RusselAD

Currently in the process of creating a massive collection of tile sets for HGSS. Since they're no good tile sets out there. =]
Old September 26th, 2013, 08:14 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Along with working on super pokemon eevee edition- getting it ready for the next major demo. I've been working on a sideproject

It's an action RPG with combat that's HEAVILY inspired by the Devil May Cry series (3 and 4 in particular)I've got the basic combat engine completed. and it plays very, very nicely.

here's a video of it in action.

Framerate is 60fps when you play it, i just don't have a powerful enough computer to keep a stable framerate when recording.

Don't really have a name for it. All I've really planned right now is the combat system. Even the RPG progression systems aren't implemented yet.

But I'm planning to finish up SPEE, then work fulltime on that project, and hopefully, get it kickstarted.
Old September 26th, 2013, 10:49 PM
MKGirlism
3DS and Wii U Game Developer

Send a message via Skype™ to MKGirlism
Chimpuzzle Pro for Wii U.
The game itself is finished long ago, but I'm now waiting for funds to get the Age Ratings done, and I need to fill in a W-8BEN Form and get an EIN Number, in order to release it in the Western-Hemisphere.
I mean, Jesus, I thought the PAL Region was bureaucratic, but it's just a breeze, compared to the Western-Hemisphere.
This game is made in Unity3D.
Here's some Gameplay to tease you with:

Unnamed Wii U Project.
While this game is still in its Pre-Alpha Stages (but not for long), this is the next game I'm working on for the Nintendo Wii U.
I've decided to not leak anything about this Project yet, so I can work on it for as long as it's needed, instead of as long as people aren't hungry.
I might reveal the first information during Q2 of 2014, so stay tuned.
Like Chimpuzzle Pro, this game is made in Unity3D.

Unnamed 3DS Project.
Just like the Wii U Project, this game will not be revealed, until it's ready for it.
This game has to be my first game from scratch (not using Unity3D), my first game coming to Dual Media, and my first big game.
At the moment, I'm switching this Project with the Wii U Project weekly (Week 1 = 3DS, Week 2 = Wii U, Week 3 = 3DS, etc.).
This game is in its Conception Stage right now, so if you feel like wanting to see a feature, make a suggo, and I'll look if it's possible to do so.
But remember we're currently a Team of 3 people, so don't ask for the undoable, these will be skipped right away.
Old September 28th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Peaverin

I'm creating maps and the events for my game. In the part I'm making, the player and his friend are spying Giovanni(the team rocket member) and the Rocket Admins. They have to hide because Giovanni's Pokémon are much stronger than the player's Pokémon.
Old September 29th, 2013, 08:28 PM
audinowho
我是谁?

Daydreaming and indecision, writing down ideas on notepads and squirreling them away from a time when I'm not bogged down...

But to be honest, I'm glad there's a good few games popping up here since 2008. I feel that I should take a step back from being in the crowd of people focused on their own creations to take some time and enjoy others'.

I guess it goes hand-in-hand with something I keep hearing real game developers talk about: how spending so much time making games gives so little time to play them.

But I think such things are essential...

Old September 29th, 2013, 10:15 PM
MKGirlism
3DS and Wii U Game Developer

Send a message via Skype™ to MKGirlism
Well, we don't really have little time to play games, because we need to test our games before releasing.
After all, you don't want to play something unplayable.
Any other game (games the Developer doesn't make) get played from time to time, but not as entertainment, they're played as research.
But sure, while making, there's indeed not much time for it, as we're still dealing with deadlines, no matter what.
Old October 19th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Firefly17

Recently got back into game creation due to finding the old folder for Pokemon Global Revolution.

Fiddled around getting it updated to the latest Essentials kit, and now I'm working on overhauling all of the old maps and scripts. Also removing the old references to the now defunct companion fan-MMO, and starting to add a new story to it.

Quite a lot of work really. Starting on Kanto for now, and I've got maps up to Cerulean to work on. The old game had bits of all the regions in it however, though I doubt I'll be going that far. Kanto and Johto will be more than enough since I'm increasing map sizes and adding anime-inspired locations. Helps that the first two regions hold a lot of nostalgia for me.
Old October 19th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Maruno

I've gotten back into working on Essentials, and I've done a number of interesting things already. Most recently, for example, I've touched up the movement permissions so that you can no longer cycle on ice, events can't randomly walk onto ledges, and things like that.
Old October 20th, 2013, 06:59 AM
kidpaddle45

Nature: Modest
Working on an "Accomplishment" system for Pokemon Atom's MMORPG.
It basically gives medals to the players who finish the game. When you first start, you pick a gen 1 starter and after finishing the game and getting your first medal, you restart, but get to keep your first Pokemon back at level 5 AND pick a starter from Gen 2 this time.

This can be done 3 times. Which means you can finish the game 3 times and get all 3 gen starters.

More info about the game in my signature.

PS: I'm looking for a world-designer to help with the maps.

Pokemon Atom: The online Pokemon MMORPG!
Old October 20th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Derxwna Kapsyla
X-Class Project, Derxwna, #003

Nature: Lax
I'm busy drafting up some more text documents for my game, Faith & Prayer Version. I just finished writing out the entire storyboard progression sheet - while I had it all planned out in my head previously, I now have it all down in a readable location in case I forgot. I'm now working on documenting some of the important trainers.
For more information future news and updates to any projects, the following blogs are where I post information. You can usually hit me with a message there when it comes to bug reports or feedback, or general conversation about something.
Game Projects:
In Progress:
  • Touhoumon Essentials Development Starter Kit for RMXP - Version 1 finished and released.
    The following version is outdated a great deal. Do not bother downloading it. I will have a new, revised version up eventually. If you really want the engine, I can provide you with the current engine Faith & Prayer version uses.
  • Touhoumon: Faith and Prayer Version - Demo 3.1 Released
Old October 20th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Java's Missingno.
The Electric Mayhem

Nature: Quiet
I've mostly been updating my game design document for readability and adding the new concept art our artist has been working on. Tomorrow I think I'm going to work on implementing sprite animations and maybe code for reading .txt files as game data.

Old October 21st, 2013, 08:07 PM
kidpaddle45

Nature: Modest
Got distracted and decided to finish one of the few transport mode in-game; The train!

Pokemon Atom: The online Pokemon MMORPG!
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter

Currently stuck in translation.

I acquired a new ASUS laptop about a month ago, my old laptop was burning up after the screen died on me. I pulled the screen off and hooked it up to a monitor and have been working like that for a few months, but the plastic casing on the laptop was beginning to reshape itself, so I decommissioned it until I could pick up a new one.

The new laptop has a solid state drive I cannot get to to swap things out, without voiding my warranty. I am currently working on transferring everything off of the old drive to a flash drive, game files included.

My new laptop has USB 3.0 and my old laptop has 2.0 but only the drivers to function at 1.0... my god it is slow. I have been at it for a few days now.

Other than that, I am still doing style guide work and world building. It is fun, but not visually productive in the way of what I can actually show off.

Speed is not something you come by as a 1 man developing team.

Pokemon Pillars of Destiny - Starters
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...

Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links