The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Overall Hack Rating!
★★★★★ 534 68.99%
★★★★ 168 21.71%
★★★ 38 4.91%
★★ 7 0.90%
27 3.49%
Voters: 774. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM
Mirari

Advertise here
Nya, if he's going to add Gen IV pokes, why not my beloved Glaceon? ;_; I've never played the DS games because of the crap emulators, and I don't own a DS... that's why I want to have a Glaceon so much ;-;

Anyway, I'm gonna try this hack later, I'm interested :3 Even though I had a save corruption problem in the last hack I played, I'm going to give this one a try!
Old July 21st, 2013, 11:09 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari View Post
Nya, if he's going to add Gen IV pokes, why not my beloved Glaceon? ;_; I've never played the DS games because of the crap emulators, and I don't own a DS... that's why I want to have a Glaceon so much
DS emulators are not crappy... DeSmuME works really well =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 22nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
Jamaka2001

Great Hack, just ingame peck is "100" accurcy but it misses about 1/3 of the time is there any way you can change that
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

Quote:
Nya, if he's going to add Gen IV pokes, why not my beloved Glaceon? ;_;
Probably same reason as Leafeon, barely usable at all.

An already subpar movepool in Gen IV would render Glaceon with just at four moves correctly usable with it in Gen III mechanics: there would be literally nothing to run off of the huge Sp. Attack outside of ice moves and Hidden Power (every single idea in modern game uses Shadow Ball thanks to damage split because it's the only other type attack move to use with anything that resists, which would be an entire half of the game in Hoenn), and only hail with Ice Body/Substitute would be the viable way to use it ingame with maybe Wish.

It would maybe work with damage split, but even that would be hard with the before mentioned entire half of Hoenn. What a Glaceon would really need is not damage split but just a new movepool in general.

Last edited by Projectwolfie; July 22nd, 2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:03 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaka2001 View Post
Great Hack, just ingame peck is "100" accurcy but it misses about 1/3 of the time is there any way you can change that
100 acc is not same as "-" acc.
100 acc move can miss.

Old July 23rd, 2013, 06:12 AM
Knockout232

Great hack,the only problem I have is that if i want to go to birth island, navel rock or one of the other islands you can get with the ferry, anytime I talk to the lady I flash the normal ticket, and can't go there. You know what's wrong? I have all the tickets and the old sea map from the battle frontier.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:09 AM
Aruaruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout232 View Post
Great hack,the only problem I have is that if i want to go to birth island, navel rock or one of the other islands you can get with the ferry, anytime I talk to the lady I flash the normal ticket, and can't go there. You know what's wrong? I have all the tickets and the old sea map from the battle frontier.
You are talking to the lady at Lilycove and not the one at Slateport?
Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:41 AM
Knockout232

I talk to both, but i can only go to the battle frontier, slateport or lilycove
Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:27 PM
EddieGren

Eevee is one of those Event pokémon, but in the documents it says it can be found in Route 118, so...if I fail to capture the Event Eevee, can i still capture it in that Route or was it a typo?
Old July 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Aruaruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout232 View Post
I talk to both, but i can only go to the battle frontier, slateport or lilycove
...and you have the latest version too?
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:14 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieGren View Post
Eevee is one of those Event pokémon, but in the documents it says it can be found in Route 118, so...if I fail to capture the Event Eevee, can i still capture it in that Route or was it a typo?
Yes , because i still believe Suicune has not removed Eevee from that Route. It is just it has a low encounter rate
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:48 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Check the game Pokedex for this... as you already encountered that species, you will see on its Pokedex bar its location if there is one.

Old July 24th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Eevee can still be caught at Route 118, this allows players to access all five Eeveelutions. The only main reason I made Eevee an event Pokémon was to give everyone the opportunity to have an Eevee from near-to the start of the game.

Quote:
Nya, if he's going to add Gen IV pokes, why not my beloved Glaceon? ;_; I've never played the DS games because of the crap emulators, and I don't own a DS... that's why I want to have a Glaceon so much ;-;

Anyway, I'm gonna try this hack later, I'm interested :3 Even though I had a save corruption problem in the last hack I played, I'm going to give this one a try!
I would love to add all of the Gen IV if I could, although Emerald only has a limited amount of free spaces for Pokémon which would eventually result in over writing currently existing Pokémon. If I do figure out a way to work around this then my next update would probably include the Sinnoh Pokémon.

Last edited by Hoenn; July 24th, 2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 24th, 2013, 07:20 PM
AeroMaster7
Pokemon Master

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Eevee can still be caught at Route 118, this allows players to access all five Eeveelutions. The only main reason I made Eevee an event Pokémon was to give everyone the opportunity to have an Eevee from near-to the start of the game.

I would love to add all of the Gen IV if I could, although Emerald only has a limited amount of free spaces for Pokémon which would eventually result in over writing currently existing Pokémon. If I do figure out a way to work around this then my next update would probably include the Sinnoh Pokémon.
I believe that there are 25 free Pokedex spaces between Celebi and Treecko but I don't know what would happen if those placeholders are altered. Btw Love your hack :D
Old July 24th, 2013, 10:31 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Yeah Man, just add powerful 4th Gen pokes not all of them. You can remove unwanted existing Pokes like. Gulpin family etc..
Old July 25th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Yeah Man, just add powerful 4th Gen pokes not all of them. You can remove unwanted existing Pokes like. Gulpin family etc..
Gulpin family is good for bad guys as especially Swalot is pretty bulky guy.
And I don't understand the demand for 4th generation Pokemon in harder 3rd generation remake...

Old July 25th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroMaster7 View Post
I believe that there are 25 free Pokedex spaces between Celebi and Treecko but I don't know what would happen if those placeholders are altered. Btw Love your hack :D
Thing is, they all use the same cry so if I were to change any of them they would just become corrupt, and thanks!

Old July 25th, 2013, 11:33 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
And I don't understand the demand for 4th generation Pokemon in harder 3rd generation remake...
Then what can you suggest for Suicune when he is offering to add something still in this hack???
Old July 26th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
There are a few that I would like to add, mainly the evolutions of the existing Pokémon from Johto, Kanto & Hoenn but like I say, it will involve overwriting certain Pokémon that some members wouldn't be happy with. I'm sure Shuckle is acceptable as are some others but when it becomes an excessive amount it will be a matter of overwriting evolutionary lines which I personally wouldn't want to do.

Old July 26th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Aruaruu

Quote:
There are a few that I would like to add, mainly the evolutions of the existing Pokémon from Johto, Kanto & Hoenn but like I say, it will involve overwriting certain Pokémon that some members wouldn't be happy with. I'm sure Shuckle is acceptable as are some others but when it becomes an excessive amount it will be a matter of overwriting evolutionary lines which I personally wouldn't want to do.
Well, you could always use the middle evolution to insert the last form. So instead of Rhydon, you could go straight to Rhyperior from Rhyhorn and then make appropriate changes.

For split evolutions (glac/leafeon and w/e) that gen 4 introduced, you may need to overwrite some pokemon with no evolutionary line :C
Old July 26th, 2013, 10:13 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
I think you put a survey or a poll or something to let people know which pokes they want to remove so that it becomes easier for you to decide.
Old July 26th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
If you say so... I still don't think 3rd generation hard mod should have 4th generation Pokemon as it won't be Emerald anymore...
Well... it's your decision...
I would first do a poll whether people actually want 4th generation Poke.

Old July 27th, 2013, 09:37 PM
reyhero

Dude if I could donate to you I will. Really enjoyed your rom hack. There is really nothing more that can be said about your hack. Great job man!
Old July 28th, 2013, 07:29 PM
pmfg10

I went to the abandoned ship and I went down 1 level and entered the room where the guy is behind the trash and it initiated a battle with a "Pokemon" that was a Question Mark, I used a move, the Pokemon fainted, then the same happened and just for the heck of it I threw a Poké Ball and the game seems glitched, is there anything I could do to solve this?
Old July 28th, 2013, 10:43 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmfg10 View Post
I went to the abandoned ship and I went down 1 level and entered the room where the guy is behind the trash and it initiated a battle with a "Pokemon" that was a Question Mark, I used a move, the Pokemon fainted, then the same happened and just for the heck of it I threw a Poké Ball and the game seems glitched, is there anything I could do to solve this?
You should play the latest version because I think those Lv 1 ? have been removed. Also you could use Repel in order to avoid them
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here