The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:32 PM
HSV15

Nature: Modest
I recently downloaded a rom for Pokemon Gold Version, and started with Chikorita. I have two additions to my team after the first gym. Looking for suggestions as to how to fill my team, need a Fire-Type for sure though. Current Team:

Chikorita Level 15
Pidgey Level 13
Wooper Level 8

| B: 1/8 | R: n/a | Y: 0/8 |
| G: 1/16 | S: n/a | C: 0/16 |
| R: 0/8 | S: 8/8 | E: 8/8 | FR:8/8 | LG: n/a |
| D: 8/8 | P: 3/8 | Pt: 5/8 | HG: 0/16 | SS: 16/16 |
| B: 1/8 | W: n/a | B2: n/a | W2: 8/8 |
Old July 24th, 2013, 04:12 AM
molivious
so much fail...

You could capture a Growlithe as a fire type early on. It could help you beat the Ecruteak Gym with it's Bite. However, it will be a long while before you could evolve it. Alternatively, Magmar (burnt tower, lower level) is also available as soon as you reach Ecruteak. It's pretty rare, but the long search pays off.

You might want an Ice-type or Rock-type attack to help you against Dragons. Alternatively, you could just use Wooper and teach it Ice Punch or Rollout (only effective against Dragon/Flying though). I'd still highly recommend a different pokemon.

Your current team could welcome a few others such as:
- an Electric Type like Ampharos or Magneton
- an Ice Type like Swinub or Jynx
- a Psychic Type like Jynx (which is part Ice, too) or Xatu

If you can't keep your levels high enough for the League, just include an Ice type and you should easily get through. Leave the last slot for an HM slave.

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.

Last edited by molivious; July 24th, 2013 at 04:18 AM.
Old July 24th, 2013, 04:30 AM
HSV15

Quote:
Originally Posted by molivious View Post
You could capture a Growlithe as a fire type early on. It could help you beat the Ecruteak Gym with it's Bite. However, it will be a long while before you could evolve it. Alternatively, Magmar (burnt tower, lower level) is also available as soon as you reach Ecruteak. It's pretty rare, but the long search pays off.

You might want an Ice-type or Rock-type attack to help you against Dragons. Alternatively, you could just use Wooper and teach it Ice Punch or Rollout (only effective against Dragon/Flying though). I'd still highly recommend a different pokemon.

Your current team could welcome a few others such as:
- an Electric Type like Ampharos or Magneton
- an Ice Type like Swinub or Jynx
- a Psychic Type like Jynx (which is part Ice, too) or Xatu

If you can't keep your levels high enough for the League, just include an Ice type and you should easily get through. Leave the last slot for an HM slave.
Thanks for the tips molivious! I was thinking Ampharos as it's always been a great part to my team in HG and SS. In saying that, I think I'll go with Magneton for bit of variety. I'll grab a Magmar over a Growlithe as I have Arcanine in my HG playthrough currently, and like you said, can't get a Fire Stone until later (Bill's Grandfather On Route 25 IIRC). I had to trade one over from Diamond to my HG. I'm now torn between a Water type, Piloswine, or Jynx. A Water Type is usually always a presence on my team, but adding either Piloswine or Jynx would be a change.

I'm not sure on what to use as an HM slave. Furret can learn 4/7 HM moves, Pidgeot would have Fly, that just leaves Waterfall and Flash. Decisions, decisions........

| B: 1/8 | R: n/a | Y: 0/8 |
| G: 1/16 | S: n/a | C: 0/16 |
| R: 0/8 | S: 8/8 | E: 8/8 | FR:8/8 | LG: n/a |
| D: 8/8 | P: 3/8 | Pt: 5/8 | HG: 0/16 | SS: 16/16 |
| B: 1/8 | W: n/a | B2: n/a | W2: 8/8 |
Old July 24th, 2013, 04:54 AM
LolPizzaLol
Just chillin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV15 View Post
I'm not sure on what to use as an HM slave. Furret can learn 4/7 HM moves, Pidgeot would have Fly, that just leaves Waterfall and Flash. Decisions, decisions........
You can use a Wooper from Route 32 for Waterfall and you can use a Bellsprout from the Sprout Tower for Flash. You can put them in your PC most of the time, because you almost never need Waterfall and Flash.

Old July 24th, 2013, 05:45 AM
molivious
so much fail...

Quote:
A Water Type is usually always a presence on my team, but adding either Piloswine or Jynx would be a change.
With Wooper/Quagsire, you already have a water type. XD

Furret is great for an early HM slave. Once you get your 8th badge and start your way to Victory Road/Pk League, a Gyarados will be all you need for the trip -- Waterfall, Surf, Strength. Alternatively, Golduck could learn the same stuff as Gyarados, plus Flash. I think you should go with Golduck.

@Pizza
Wooper/Quagsire cannot learn Waterfall in Gen2.

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.

Last edited by molivious; July 24th, 2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old July 24th, 2013, 04:04 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
Keep wooper, or look for a lanturn later on in the game. Lanturn's my favorite water Pokemon in Gold.

Then for the three I'd go with ampharos, tyranitar/jynx and arcanine.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links