• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Radiant Divinity

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
So I'm a bit new to RPG Maker VX Ace, so I thought I'd try a fantasy Pokemon RPG--Imagine Pokemon crossed with Dragon Quest/classic Final Fantasy, with a dash of Zelda and Lufia.

The basic premise:

In the world of Tiriande (a fantastic parallel Pokeworld), the people were terrorized for many years by Darkrai and his demons. Then one day, a holy warrior called by Arceus that shone with every color of the rainbow defeated Darkrai in a long battle and restored peace to the world. Since no one knew the shining holy warrior's name, history just records him as the Radiant Divinity.

A thousand years have passed since the Radiant Divinity defeated Darkrai, and ever since then, every new knight apprentice receives a special sword when they graduate, in remembrance of the Divinity.

In the little town of Mayul, a newly graduated young knight named Ash goes out into the world to seek his own fortune, unaware of the perilous journey he is about to embark on--one that will see him become a new Radiant Divinity!

I don't have much screenshots right now, but I do have a screen of the starting town of Mayul (still a work in progress) Take a look

Features:

--Huge dungeons filled with rogue Pokemon, traps, puzzles, and treasure!
--A minstrel character that actually sings some of his spells!
--Tons of sidequests and optional dungeons
--Your favorite characters from the show and the games play a role in the epic storyline!

Things I still need:

--Edited sprites for the human characters (Ash, Brock, Misty, Dawn, Prof. Oak, and Gary so far

Last edited:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
Not to burst your bubble or anything but most of what you need is in pokemon essentials, a starter kit for RMXP, because no finished kit is available for VX or Ace.

Everything is cool but I see no way of this progressing until a kit comes along for VXA.

Back