The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old July 23rd, 2013, 06:50 PM
EmeraldSky
Make the Colors in the Sky!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to EmeraldSky

Advertise here
So I'm a bit new to RPG Maker VX Ace, so I thought I'd try a fantasy Pokemon RPG--Imagine Pokemon crossed with Dragon Quest/classic Final Fantasy, with a dash of Zelda and Lufia.

The basic premise:

In the world of Tiriande (a fantastic parallel Pokeworld), the people were terrorized for many years by Darkrai and his demons. Then one day, a holy warrior called by Arceus that shone with every color of the rainbow defeated Darkrai in a long battle and restored peace to the world. Since no one knew the shining holy warrior's name, history just records him as the Radiant Divinity.

A thousand years have passed since the Radiant Divinity defeated Darkrai, and ever since then, every new knight apprentice receives a special sword when they graduate, in remembrance of the Divinity.

In the little town of Mayul, a newly graduated young knight named Ash goes out into the world to seek his own fortune, unaware of the perilous journey he is about to embark on--one that will see him become a new Radiant Divinity!

I don't have much screenshots right now, but I do have a screen of the starting town of Mayul (still a work in progress) Take a look

Features:

--Huge dungeons filled with rogue Pokemon, traps, puzzles, and treasure!
--A minstrel character that actually sings some of his spells!
--Tons of sidequests and optional dungeons
--Your favorite characters from the show and the games play a role in the epic storyline!

Things I still need:

--Edited sprites for the human characters (Ash, Brock, Misty, Dawn, Prof. Oak, and Gary so far

Diamond FC: 1977 8991 5041 Will trade and battle

Like to RP? Come join us at http://rpforum.niceboard.net/forum.htm

Last edited by EmeraldSky; July 26th, 2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old July 24th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
Not to burst your bubble or anything but most of what you need is in pokemon essentials, a starter kit for RMXP, because no finished kit is available for VX or Ace.

Everything is cool but I see no way of this progressing until a kit comes along for VXA.
Old July 24th, 2013, 10:21 AM
EmeraldSky
Make the Colors in the Sky!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to EmeraldSky
I'll see if what I need is in there first, and see if I can make it work

Diamond FC: 1977 8991 5041 Will trade and battle

Like to RP? Come join us at http://rpforum.niceboard.net/forum.htm
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here