Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Casting
Reload this Page The Hidden Mythology [T] [OOC/SU]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Casting Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 21st, 2013 (02:00 PM).
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
Quote originally posted by Jegretis:
Just out of curiosity, is this going to be the only RP, or will we be able to go to different Regions after we are done with Sinnoh?

Edit: Also, I'm tryin to draw a picture of my character so ill try and edit that into my SU.
It's a big dream. I haven't decided yet, but I think no. Sinnoh offers the greatest myths of all Pokemon region. Plus, there it is possible that a journey RP of other region may exist by the time we are done. It'd be pretty repetitive.

@PJBottomz: You could write an SU and we'll see if we can provide you a Pokemon if you're good enough.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old July 21st, 2013 (02:15 PM).

Yeah it's a pretty big stretch considering we just started the RP lol. Well, hopefully there will be some sort of spin-off lol.

Also, are the moves known by our Pokemon essentially close to or similar to what they would normally know upon receiving them? 'Cus I wanted Turtwig to know some beginner grass moves(Absorb, Razor Leaf), but wasn't sure if i should put them there or ask you first.
Old July 21st, 2013 (02:27 PM). Edited July 24th, 2013 by Awkward..
#britanna

Nature: Sassy

Karly Rose

Personality

Plainly put, she's very, very angry and bitter. She enjoys picking fights and does not like to be messed with. Although she does have decent fighting skills despite being a Trainer, those skills are dulled by her uncontrollable temper. Getting on her bad side a is big mistake, because she doesn't let anyone who crosses her go unpunished. She hates being hit on, and tends to try and bring someone down to earth if she feels that they're too conceited.

However, getting on her good side earns you a straightforward ticket to a peaceful version of herself. When she's nice, she's almost a saint. You can practically see the little halo above her head. People she likes get treated very well, and she's protective of those she holds close to her heart. She'll be attentive, a good listener, and can offer advice (be it good or unhelpful) when it's really needed the most. Of course, this good side is so rare that almost no one has seen it.

Under normal circumstances, when she isn't flaming with rage, she's really just herself. She's likes to be fun and outgoing, and loves a good challenge. However, she tends to have a problem with admitting her mistakes, and often casts the blame on others when she messes up. She also beats up on people when they say something that doesn't make sense or isn't correct by her right, which makes her a rough person to travel with. She also doesn't like when people act incredibly smart unless she asks them to - since she was home-schooled for most of what should have been her high-school life, he knowledge of common things isn't incredibly large, and if someone talks about things she doesn't understand, she'll get mad at them and tell them to stop talking about it. But, if you become her friend, she'll be there to support you to the best of her ability if a tough situation arises. She grasps a good understanding of most people's feelings, and knows when she should stop pestering someone as well.

History

Before she was forced to become a Trainer, she worked on her parent's Pokemon farm, mostly moving around heavy stuff, so she rarely interacted with the Pokemon themselves but became physically stronger than the average girl. Even when she did try to play with them, due to her aggressive nature, most Pokemon tended to avoid her. Without the proper ability to get Pokemon to listen to her, she would have a hard time becoming a Trainer, so she gave up that possibility.

With that, she began to study a different form of training: hand-to-hand combat. Pursuing the path of strength was her ideal goal. Despite the lack of actual combatants in the region (after all, people prefer putting Pokemon in danger instead of themselves), she trained somewhat successfully and became adept at fighting. However, these newly-acquired abilities came with a hefty cost.

Karly realized that no one could push her around now that she knew how to defend herself. She went from the pathetic, nerdy girl with glasses to the rough, tough tomboy who would pound anyone who defied her into the ground. With such a terrible attitude, Karly was forcibly removed from her school, requiring her Mother to become a home-school teacher.

Now, a year later, on Karly's 16th birthday, her Mother's gift was something that no one expected - a ticket to the curb. Her Mother was so displeased with Karly's behavior that she made arrangements to have Karly go around the region with a Pokemon in order to redefine her attitude into something much more tolerable and controllable. Against her protests and ensuing rage, Karly had no choice but to heed her Mother's words and begin this new and impossible journey that was thrust upon her.

Old July 21st, 2013 (07:23 PM).

@Jegretis: Hmm... As stated in Rule 8, I'll have you control your Pokemon's moves. However, I think it would be better if we would stick to the "normal moveset" of each Pokemon. It would be pretty unfair if we give a decent attack already at the beginning of the RP. I think the Tackle/Scratch/Pound + Leer/Tail Whip/ Growl + 1 Egg Move is enough to start with.

@PJBottomz: Your personality seems a little too... extreme. A really really bad OR good girl, depending on the situation? I don't like dealing with extremes. Why not try for something in the middle?

Plus, I need you to provide a RP sample, just to let me see if you're a decent one. Not like that I doubt your skills; it's just that I've never seen you around before.

I have decided to open 2 more slots (which is 2 more than the needed one).

The available Pokemon are:

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old July 21st, 2013 (07:48 PM).
#britanna

For the personality, it's not really depending on the situation. A lot of the time she's angry. And yeah, her normal version of anger is very, very extreme, but for your sake I can easily take that down to anger only after, saying, losing at something (a battle/confrontation) and just make her neutral most of the time if that suites you better.

As for the RP Example:
Spoiler:
Focus. Breathe. Relax.

Karly's fingers moved back and forth calmly as she continued glaring down at the obstacle in front of her: the withering oak tree. It's darkened bark stared back at her, awaiting the attack to come. It was a standard training procedure: tight fist, arm back, right leg forward, left leg back, chin up, deliver the hit. That's all there was to it.

She slowly drew back her arm, her gloves scrunching noisily as her fist clenched together. You can do it. You've done it before. Not too hard, as to break the wood beneath. Not too light, as to allow the bark to stay intact. She had done this so many times before. She had had her failures, she had had her successes. This was not about to be another failure. HerControl your speed. She needed this. It was all that mattered.

Quick and swift, her fist flew forward towards the dying foliage. Her knuckles clashed into the muddy bark, splitting it through the middle and shattering the pieces around her. The punch landed cleanly and came to a rough stop on the wood underneath, throwing off her balance and slinging her forward. She quickly recovered, using her free hand to catch onto the tree to keep herself from toppling down. Her dark, auburn hair flew forward, covering her face from the sunlight. She came to a disheveled halt.

"... Dangit!"

She furiously pushed herself off the tree and stomped her foot down firmly. "Not again! Why do I keep losing my balance? Ugh!" She flopped down onto her back angrily. After huffing and puffing about her unsuccessful attempt, she closed her eyes to calm herself down and began whispering the numbers to herself. "One... Two... Three... Four... Five." She opened her eyes again and took in the crystalline beauty of the sky. A few lazy clouds floated along at a moderate pace.

In an odd way, it was relaxing. Karly chuckled at the simplicity of these pallid creatures. What an easy life, moving across the sky however you wanted. No one to rush you, no one to force you into anything.

No one commanding you to grow up.

This is just something off the top of my head and probably won't appear in the RP if I get accepted, jsyk. Hopefully it's satisfying enough for ya. I also included an example of her demoted anger so you can see how I would handle it in the actual thread.

And also, out of the two new starters, I think I will choose Buizel as my Preferred Starter.

Old July 21st, 2013 (08:12 PM).

Well, if you promise to have your character remain neutrally angry (what? I don't even) then you're ACCEPTED!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old July 21st, 2013 (08:25 PM).
#britanna

Haha, not neutrally angry xD I mean most of the time she'll just be calm and collected until she loses a battle or fails at something. I don't think Neutral Angry exists haha.

I'll start writing my post right away. Quick question tough: On Route 202, you said we could have NPC battles. Should the NPC have a Pokemon found on the route? And also, if I wanted to write all the way up to Route 202, do I have to keep it all on one post? It doesn't matter either way, just checking.

Old July 21st, 2013 (08:35 PM).

Quote originally posted by PJBottomz:
Haha, not neutrally angry xD I mean most of the time she'll just be calm and collected until she loses a battle or fails at something. I don't think Neutral Angry exists haha.

I'll start writing my post right away. Quick question tough: On Route 202, you said we could have NPC battles. Should the NPC have a Pokemon found on the route? And also, if I wanted to write all the way up to Route 202, do I have to keep it all on one post? It doesn't matter either way, just checking.
Neutrally angry exists! Imagine... Professor Snape from the Harry Potter fandom. He's a neutrally angry guy IMO.

NPC battles: Feel free. Its an open battle; you could bring in a fully evolved Pokemon to battle your starter, or a foreign Pokemon. Just no legendaries: why battle a Groudon with a Buneary?

Post: Your call. Just remember that this chapter will last until August 4 probably where I will open Jubilife and the following routes. Plus, if you want to make captures, it would be broken up as I need to approve of it and all.

NOTE: Trades between players or NPCs must be approved by me first. Trade requests must be PM'ed [not OOC-posted nor VMed] I've seen an RP (not in here) where a guy traded his starter with a Tyranitar after the first badge. It produced quite a lot of problem.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old July 21st, 2013 (08:39 PM).
#britanna

Don't worry about the catching thing atm, it'd go against what I planned for this part. But thank you! I'll just finish this chapter right now and get it out of the way.

Old July 21st, 2013 (09:10 PM).

OK! For the others, go post!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old July 21st, 2013 (10:45 PM).
#britanna

I was gonna finish the chapter, but I decided to stop at Sandgem because it said that players can interact with each other, and I don't want to skip right through that part in fear that someone actually would want to interact with my character. Best not to go ahead of the flow.

Old July 22nd, 2013 (05:35 AM).

^And Skymin did! Good first posts!

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (09:21 AM).
Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Strikit Send a message via Yahoo to Strikit
I'm working on a first post to dish out tonight. So do we catch one Pokemon per route, or however many we like?
Old July 22nd, 2013 (03:49 PM).

^You could catch any amount of Pokemon you want. I told you guys could do anything. Be a collector, a badge hunter [you're all trainers, so whatever], a researcher, or just the random dude/gal travelling around, sightseeing.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old July 24th, 2013 (12:44 PM). Edited July 24th, 2013 by Awkward..
#britanna

I re-did my Sign-Up sheet to make it look like less of an eyesore. For my first time using CSS, I'm proud I also expanded exponentially on the personality section to define her "neutral" attitude that she adorns throughout the entire thing.

Also, I read up on some of the other characters in the RP and realized that Jegretis' character probably wouldn't get along well with mine. They'd probably end up fighting lol

Old July 24th, 2013 (04:06 PM).

I never really learned how to use CSS. I may, though, one of this days.

Also, your appearance pic is no longer appearing (lol punny). I think it's a broken link or something.

On another note, I have not done much GM'ing yet, as this RP tends to leave a whole lot to the players. I am having second thoughts for the inclusion of a leveling-system, pretty much moderated by me. Do you want it?

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old July 24th, 2013 (04:14 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I think i'd rather levelling so I can have a good idea how strong my Pokémon can be, and how it would fare up to others. Idk, adds a fairness to it i spose? Especially when battling.
Old July 24th, 2013 (05:11 PM).

That was what I was thinking about. I can't have you guys overpowered just yet.

So + 1 for yay.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old July 24th, 2013 (05:18 PM).
#britanna

It's appearing for me o.o See if it's fixed now.

Eh, I don't really like the leveling idea. I'd rather focus more on the story-line as opposed to the level of my Pokemon. I don't even like training in the actual games lawl. Besides, Pokemon should reflect their Trainer's capabilities, not what level they're at. If it's just levels, it's the old "MY POKEMON IS LEVEL 20 URS IS LVL 10 SO IM STRONGER" thing. If they reflect the Trainer, it's more interesting and there can be more room for engaging advantages and realistic flaws. As for overpowering, we should all be sensible enough to not go completely nuts at the very beginning

Old July 24th, 2013 (06:04 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by PJBottomz:
It's appearing for me o.o See if it's fixed now.

Eh, I don't really like the leveling idea. I'd rather focus more on the story-line as opposed to the level of my Pokemon. I don't even like training in the actual games lawl. Besides, Pokemon should reflect their Trainer's capabilities, not what level they're at. If it's just levels, it's the old "MY POKEMON IS LEVEL 20 URS IS LVL 10 SO IM STRONGER" thing. If they reflect the Trainer, it's more interesting and there can be more room for engaging advantages and realistic flaws. As for overpowering, we should all be sensible enough to not go completely nuts at the very beginning :P
I always see battling as both a battle between writing (who is the better writer, or the *smarter* writer, i spose) and who is the fairest, really. Levelling just gives you a cap, really. Say you had a roleplay that had been going for a few months, then a person just joins and challenges another person to a pokemon battle, he could technically win if there was nothing in ... well, stone (like a level that someone has worked towards getting high). Levels, like type, are just another factor that goes in that can help members and a GM determine who is going to be the winner.

i mean in a roleplay anyway, everyone works towards something, be it character develop, raising their pokemon, gathering items, trying to get to the end or just all of them combined

god i hope i made sense.
Old July 24th, 2013 (06:12 PM).
#britanna

Quote originally posted by Skymin:
I always see battling as both a battle between writing (who is the better writer, or the *smarter* writer, i spose) and who is the fairest, really. Levelling just gives you a cap, really. Say you had a roleplay that had been going for a few months, then a person just joins and challenges another person to a pokemon battle, he could technically win if there was nothing in ... well, stone (like a level that someone has worked towards getting high). Levels, like type, are just another factor that goes in that can help members and a GM determine who is going to be the winner.

i mean in a roleplay anyway, everyone works towards something, be it character develop, raising their pokemon, gathering items, trying to get to the end or just all of them combined

god i hope i made sense.
Yeah, you made sense lol. I can see what you mean, but that whole "powerful new person" thing probably wouldn't happen. What I'd foresee happening is that they'd just be a lot weaker since they just started out and wouldn't have training, whereas someone halfway through would obviously have a lot of training. I guess it wouldn't hurt though, since we'd probably end up getting someone like that.

Old July 24th, 2013 (06:24 PM).

Well, for me in the eyes of a player, I see leveling as an advantage somehow affecting how a player writes, especially when a Pokemon-roleplay is concerned. Level had been a central element in the games and I could not see why it would not be when it comes to roleplay. I think the higher a level goes, the more creative a writer can be with his/her posts.

so is it another +1 for yay?

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Old July 24th, 2013 (10:01 PM).
#britanna

Sure, why not. What could it hurt? That's gonna be tough to keep track of everyone though, so good luck

Old July 24th, 2013 (11:34 PM).

I would be up for a levelling system! I agree with Skymin, it just gives us another kind of indicator of how our Pokémon are doing and would mean that if new people joined, they wouldn't just come in and start winning battle's straight off the bat necessarily! So, I'm a yay for this one.

Old July 25th, 2013 (06:00 AM).
Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Strikit Send a message via Yahoo to Strikit
On the subject of a leveling system, I give a resounding YES. It really does reflect how much effort someone puts into their writing. For instance, two scenarios with considerable differences in effort:

Spoiler:
Joey was walking along the path when he encountered a wild Pidgey. He wanted to catch it.

"Go, Rattata!" he cried. Rattata came out of its Pokeball.

"Use Tackle!"

Rattata used Tackle. The Pidgey fell over but then it got back up and used Sand Attack.

Blah blah blah attacks

The Pidgey fell back onto the ground. Joey threw a Pokeball. The ball was shaking.

Alternatively:

Spoiler:
Joey strode down the path with a spring to his step and a smile on his face. No one could stop him now. With his partner Rattata, who just so happened to be in the top percentage of Rattata everywhere, he would defeat the Elite Four and become the Champion of Johto. All of that started today.

As he came over a hill he saw a feathered brown and tan avian Pokemon sitting there. Although he recognized it he pulled out his newly received Pokedex and pointed it at the bird.

"Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokemon. Normal/Flying type. It is docile and prefers to avoid conflict. If disturbed, however, it can ferociously strike back."

Joey grinned. That sounded like something he wanted. He could take on the entire world with just Rattata, of course, but it couldn't hurt to build up his team a little bit. He quietly crept toward the bird and pressed the button on Rattata's ball. The rodent emerged in a beam of light and stood in a battle-ready stance with its teeth bared.

I'm not going to finish that last one because it would take a while, but obviously the battle from the second one ought to get more levels. I'm not saying novels should have to be written to get more than a level, but in the first one it's very much in game format. Like

Rattata used TACKLE!

Pidgey used SAND ATTACK!

And there's not much else going on. See what I mean? A level system rewards effort put into battles and posts. And I <3 that.

Sponsored Links