• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

We Need Assistance

Years
How helpful are you and how often do you need help?

Every person, especially those who are experts at giving advice, needs a little bit of aid. Whether it involves work, problem solving, or just an extra boost on getting things done.

I personally need help on every bit that I'm stuck on (e.g. puzzles in games).

Years
I don't usually ask for help since I feel bad for bothering people, but I need it more than I let on. Usually it's with technical stuff and stuff like paperwork where they want you to fill out subsection C with the information from form 2A. That kind of stuff boggles me.

I don't think I'm too helpful beyond what most people can do when they've got their heart in the wrong place. I don't have any particular skills or anything that make me extra special helpful. Just, you know, listening to people and that kind of thing.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
well,i give help whenever anybody needs it and it doesn't matter if it was a family,friend,stranger even animal..i like helping whenever i can

and of course sometimes i need help so i accept help whenever i need it

Years
I ask for help when I need it which is somewhat daily while I'm at work haha. There's usually something I need some assistance or guidance with.

As for me, I like to think that I'm a very helpful person except when it comes to my own family lmao, in which case I generally try and avoid to help them or do it with some degree of reluctance.

"I need you to help me move some sandbags to the back of the garden"

"Can you help me move this furniture to some other room?"

"Go and pick grandpa up from golf at X time"

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

When it comes to strangers, I'll do what I can within reason. I won't break my back for them but I would go out of my way to help them out if I could. As for those precious people who I consider to be my friends, they receive full Overlord support. I'm talking about the big guns here, ranging from full blown wide scale artillery support to heavy duty rapid Gatling fire - the full works, guys. I'll do everything in my power to assist and protect my subordinates but again, this is 'within reason' though I am a lot more willing to go the extra mile when it comes to my allies.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Depends on what needs doing. Need somebody to listen to you? I'm game. Gotta move a couch? Nah, man, I'm busy that day. I do enough manual labor at work, so doing it in my free time is a huge no-no regardless of my relationship with the asking person.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
at home i need help with like cooking and washing clothes.
at work, i try to help everyone around me. i feel like a helpful person.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
If I respect you, I'll bend over backwards and do backflips for you. If not, I'll half ass giving additional help until I get to the point where it starts harming my self esteem (in a "I can do better than this!" sort of way). Either way, at the end of the day, I think I'm extremely helpful.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If I really care for someone, I'll pretty much do anything for them. Generally though, I enjoy helping people and I'll do what I can within reason. I'm not one for physical labor, though. I also have a hard time saying no to people when it's something that's generally harmless. I can say no to drugs, but not no to helping the small kid reach the toy in the store.

I don't like to ask for help very often because I like to think I can do everything, but I also hate bothering people and feeling awkward. I find it easier to ask for help if I'm typing it out though, but it's not like I'd be asking for much anyway. And I still feel a tad awkward, haha.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Well I could help anybody with anything I've got, as long as it's not something too hard to do, I mean hard enough to make me feel lazy about it.
Right, I need help now.
I just recently joined the forums and I have a few questions about IPS files. You see, I downloaded a ROM and I need to fix it now, how can I use the IPS to update the ROM?
Sorry about this post, my newly downloaded Java acted weirdly so I couldn't join the chatbox and ask this there too. Please, I need help these time around..

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
All the time I need help! At school, at work, at home- you think it I need help there. I try to be an independent person, you know parents are like be an individual! Well, everyone needs help some more than others. I am the some more than others I guess. I also try to help people that need help though, I've helped tutor kids and help my little brother in areas he struggles with in school.

Years
I tend to try to be as helpful as I can. Within my social circle it is usually me that people come to for advice or help and I'm very proud of that fact. I really enjoy helping people - that being said I'm less likely to go out of my way for a stranger.

Nakala Pri

Sometimes on a game or on the computer, I need help because I don't wanna break anything. xD Most the time I'm okay though.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I like to think of myself as helpful, I'm willing to help anyone who asks. I used to volunteer at a food pantry and do various types other types of charities... Community service sucks.
But in all seriousness, I like to help people but I don't like people helping me. I like to figure things out on my own.

Years
I don't really go out and help people unless they come directly to me seeking help, then I do the best I can. I also don't like people helping me unless it's on a writing or something virtual...

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I like helping people at work, however I'd rather help the person (or people) without them knowing, I'll do tasks discreetly which makes other peoples tasks more easier on them. I only go out of my way to help if I have nothing left to do at the moment.
Other than work, I'm quite the loner, can't really help anyone who ain't there! ;P

I don't find myself needing help at all and even if I did, I would have no one to turn to for it. If I got a problem, I'll handle it on my own...

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
I'm more than willing to help people. But I don't like getting help myself. It diminishes my self-esteem and I always feel like someone somewhere is laughing at me because I needed help.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
In most cases I'm self-sustaining, but like everyone, I do need help with some things.

As for how helpful I myself am, that depends on the person and day. :S

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
To tell the truth I need help with some things in life but would rather do them myself.
As for being helpful it depends on what they need help with really.

Years
I don't ask for help often since I'm usually capable of doing things on my own but I do love lending a helping hand to others when needed. If possible I'd always try to ask if there's any way for me to help someone out; it's just how I am. n~n

Back