The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 11th, 2013, 08:17 AM
jim42

It seems that error has resolved itself in the two days since I posted about it. Not sure why, since I haven't touched the thing since then. Oh well. I've left it below for posterity.

It's back, with a vengeance.

Code:
Exception: NoMethodError

Game_Character_1:198:in `screen_z'

Sprite_Character:148:in `update_or'

PerspectiveTilemap:429:in `shadow_update'

Shadow:179:in `update'

Sprite_Character:37:in `perspectivetilemap_initialize'

PerspectiveTilemap:423:in `shadow_initialize'

Shadow:152:in `initialize'

Spriteset_Map:162:in `new'

Spriteset_Map:162:in `_animationSprite_initialize'

Spriteset_Map:161:in `each'
So I have no idea what this means. I gather it has something to do with drawing shadows on events, and it's encountering a problem doing so. Why, though, escapes me, as I haven't modified any of the script classes named in the stack call in the error message. I will note this only occurs when attempting to warp to outdoor maps. I was not able to reproduce the error in a clean Essentials.

Why is it throwing this error? I remember there being something in an older version that drew shadows when there were light events, but I haven't made any of those... And since I can't find what the call is from, I can't isolate the problem. Bleh, I should be better at this considering I've been studying programming for 3 semesters now.

Last edited by jim42; July 24th, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old July 24th, 2013, 07:52 PM
jim42

Okay, so, it's back. I don't know why. I still haven't touched any scripts. This time, the error occurs on only one map, and it seems to do so when the player is close enough on a connected map for the map in question to load. The only things I did leading up to the re-occurance of the error were to change the tileset and the layout of the map, neither of which I should suspect would be the root of this problem. Since I have no idea what the stack call is doing, I really am at a loss as to how to fix this.

Help?
Old July 25th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

It seems that the game is trying to find the priority of a tile which doesn't exist. This could happen if you switched from a longer tileset to a shorter one.

Make sure all the tiles on your map actually exist in the tileset. I suggest that you fill in any blank-looking areas with a "junk" tile and them fill them in with the real blank tile.
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:21 AM
jim42

Yep, that did the trick. Thanks a bunch, man. I'm not sure what part of the map exactly was causing that problem, but thorough replacement fixed it, so I guess it had to be at least one tile somewhere.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links