The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 25th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
So, the last version of this thread has died (unless I didn't look hard enough ).

But in all seriousness, which internet browser (or browsers) do you use? What are your reasons for using that (or those) browser(s)? How long have you been using the internet browser(s) you use?

I use Google Chrome on my desktop, and I have been using it since March of 2011, when I switched over from Firefox/SeaMonkey. I switched to Chrome simply because of the fact that around the time I switched, Firefox kept giving me lag problems at the time and I just simply fell in love with Chrome since.

However, I will occasionally use Firefox for other purposes (such as comparing Webkit vs. Gecko), and how some sites have incompatibility with one engine or the other, and because Firefox has internal proxy settings, unlike Chrome, which uses Windows' proxy settings.
Fairy
Old July 25th, 2013, 05:01 AM
nimbo
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nature: Naughty
Chrome. I used to use Firefox, and then it started to give me some issues. So I switched. Going back to anything else now just looks clunky and outdated. I love Chrome.
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I'm waiting for a fix on Google Chrome because I keep getting broken websites and broken images. I'm on Firefox right now, and to be quite honest, I've had the most smooth experience ever. I forgot that I was gonna try to fix Chrome because I felt pretty comfortable browsing on FF. xD

There's also IE 10. I've always hated IE since the beginning, but I'm extremely impressed of IE10. It's far more superior than IE9.

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I am using Opera because IE decided to kill it's self and still not working.
I used to use Chrome on my old machine but I now I prefer Opera.
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I prefer Chrome myself, but I like it and Firefox. I switched to Chrome so I could easily tab out of the textbox on quoted replies here and hit submit. xD That was pretty much the only reason but I've stuck by it.
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Crystalanachrony
ℱ a e r i e . ℚ u e e n

Nature: Hardy
Like a lot of other people, I am on Chrome now, and I started using it when Firefox had fits. Since I'm on a Mac (you can find supplies for burning me at the stake over on the left side of the room) and this happened several years ago, Safari was still very mediocre, so I just jumped to Chrome. I like it because it doesn't take up a lot of room on my screen with the toolbars and URL bar and whatnot, which makes me a happy camper because I am not operating on a large screen here.

thank you for waiting!
we've restored your pokémon to full health.

dark monotypeart credit
Old July 25th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
I use Google Chrome for all my browsing needs. I find it to be a lot quicker than the other browsers I periodically use, which are Internet Explorer and Firefox. I've used IE, Firefox, Opera, and Safari before, but none of them can seem to match the excellency that is Google Chrome, except for maybe Firefox, but I'd still prefer to use GC. I've been using GC for about two years now, and haven't had a single complaint since then.
Old July 25th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Silais
Princess of the Law

Nature: Quiet
I use Google Chrome. It's faster than Opera and Internet Explorer, and isn't nearly as buggy as Firefox. It's been good to me and I don't plan on changing in the future.
Old July 25th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Sheep
foxy foxy whats it gonna be

Nature: Timid
I've been using Chrome for about a year and a half now. It's very fast and easy to use, so I prefer that over anything else. :) FireFox was great for a few years but the thing started slowing down for me eventually so I switched over to Chrome and never went back.
Old July 25th, 2013, 01:44 PM
R.F.
totally human

Nature: Calm
Firefox, because of it's high customizabilities. I don't really get, why people use Chrome. Actually I use Chromium myself sometimes, since it's the same; well, without those "special" features Chrome has

Edit: found another reason why Chrome sucks: how long is it that apng exists? It's like animated gifs but with semi transparency. But guess what webbrowser still doesn't support apng?

Last edited by R.F.; July 26th, 2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old July 25th, 2013, 06:11 PM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Firefox. I can't stand Chrome, and IE is right out. Opera is nice when I'm on a slow connection, though.

PM me if you have computer troubles. I work in IT for a living and can probably solve your problems. My rate is $expensive/hr, but I'm still cheaper than Creep Squad and, unlike them, will actually get the job done or let you know if I can't.

Quote:
The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
- H. L. Mencken, unsourced

Quote:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]

NEW 40K MMOFPS YESSSSS
Old July 25th, 2013, 06:54 PM
MasterDraco
Pokémon Commander

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Skype™ to MasterDraco
Google Chromium... It has one of the best security rates of all the browsers and it is overall VERY fast... Internet Explorer and Safari (I use a Mac) Are the Worst Browsers EVER... I don't really fancy Firefox as I've always found it sort of cluttered...
Old July 25th, 2013, 07:41 PM
PokeChris123
Pokémon Trainer

Google Chrome, it is the best for me. I don't use Interent Explorer anymore... then again, I don't know ANYONE who uses Internet Explorer anymore (well, except for the ones who uses it to download Chrome and Fire Fox).

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4725-8396
Playstation Network ID: epic_oreo17
Nintendo Network ID: epic_oreo17

Pokemon Y Friend Safari - Flying: Woobat, Spearow, Hawlucha
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Purple Materia
Shape the future!
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Careful
I'm torn between Chrome and Firefox. I use Chrome on my laptop and Firefox on my desktop.

"I have fallen from the Land of Magic. I am Stardust Witch Meruru!"
Combat Arms | Raptr | Hummingbird | Last.fm
Old July 25th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Infinite Latios
Champion

Nature: Impish
Chrome/IE. I've heard that Firefox is good, but I don't know anyone who still uses Opera.
Old July 25th, 2013, 10:33 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I just use the default on my Mac (guess!) because as far as I care it's enough for my purposes.

Old July 26th, 2013, 12:37 AM
Brolijah
Secretly Active ;3

Nature: Adamant
I stopped using IE when I discovered Chrome. Since, I see no reason not to use it (although a built in proxy service would seem nice >->'). If I open chrome on another computer, I can just reload all my bookmarks and settings. Good for keeping track of sites for school work. On my android, I use dolphin browser cuz stock browser is just meh.. Since I can't use chrome, this feels like my next best option :3
Old July 26th, 2013, 02:25 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Chrome. I went through a phase with Safari recently (I have a Mac, it syncs bookmarks to my iPod which is kinda cool), but it's been Chrome for years now really.
Originally, like everyone, I used IE. Then tried Firefox, found it was much faster, but then it started crashing and stuff. Switched to Chrome, found the extensions etc. somehow easier-to-use and haven't looked back.
Old July 26th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

I wish I could still be using Chrome, but with some of the newer updates it's had over the past year, it actually runs slower on my computer than Firefox does- and almost as slow as IE, so I switched over to Firefox back in January or so. Since I don't use my browser for much more than the internet itself, Firefox is just fine, but I do plan on switching back to Chrome when I get a new computer (I miss my Chrome themes!).
Old July 26th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'm using Chrome because you can access all the synchronized settings very easily through Google account =)
I also use Firefox sometimes and Opera for some saved pages.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 27th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Azure Rathalδs
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I use chrome as it just works the best for me and I'm so used to it that I don't think I will swap browsers for a very long time.

(also, why is there no poll to this thread?)
Old July 27th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I use Chrome, as I've become accustomed to it, and it would be so weird if I changed it..

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old August 1st, 2013, 02:24 PM
LolPizzaLol
Just chillin'

I use Firefox for a pretty long time, I also have Chrome installed, when it comes to performance they're kinda the same but I'm just used to the layout of Firefox. Chrome also doesn't support those animated sprites on Bulbapedia for example.

Old August 1st, 2013, 02:32 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolPizzaLol View Post
Chrome also doesn't support those animated sprites on Bulbapedia for example.
While it is true that Chrome doesn't have native support for APNG (animated PNG), there's an extension out there called APNG that will make animated PNG images animate just as they should.
Fairy
Old August 1st, 2013, 02:46 PM
LolPizzaLol
Just chillin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
While it is true that Chrome doesn't have native support for APNG (animated PNG), there's an extension out there called APNG that will make animated PNG images animate just as they should.
I expected something like that, but I use Firefox most of the time anyway just because I'm used to it. But still, good to know, so thanks.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links