The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: Which
Faint Attack 10 41.67%
Bite 14 58.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 24th, 2013 (08:20 PM).
PatrickZ

Which one do you pick?

Faint Attack never misses, so if you have a double teaming a-hole, you can get a quick faint. But Bite has a great chance to make the foe flinch.

Personally, I go with Faint Attack.
Old July 24th, 2013 (08:48 PM).
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
Bite. Very rare to encounter double-teamers in-game (1 or 2-in-a-100)?. Competitively, they're even banned.

So... yeah, Bite. Usually, you'd have an Aerial Acer which could deal with majority of those Double-teaming abusers too. If none, well... that's why I bring Toxic XD

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
Old July 24th, 2013 (08:51 PM).
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
faint attack too. it never misses, it helps out if yer accuracy was lower or your fighting a pokemon who has heighten their evasion. Bite is only useful if the pokemon is quicker. I meant that flinching wise...bite is still a pretty useful attack overall.
Old July 24th, 2013 (09:16 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I'm going with Bite because of the 30% flinch rate. That, and it has a wider distribution among Pokemon.

Old July 24th, 2013 (09:22 PM).
Anna
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Bite. It's more vicious. I like it. And the chance of flinching is more useful to me than guaranteed hit, especially in early-midgame when I would be using those moves often. Later I usually favour Crunch or other higher-powered moves to cover my dark type pool. Since by then I'm severely abusing type advantages, I'm not much concerned with the additional effects.

Nothing to say about competitive because I don't do that haha. But in game, Bite. Primarily because it feels and looks more aggressive. (◡‿◡✿)
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old July 24th, 2013 (09:26 PM).
JesterLegacy
Random Trainer

Bite, moderate power with flinching rate. Chance of flinch is also better for me than sure hit, bite has 100% accuracy anyway, so it will need a bit of work to lower its accuracy.
Old July 25th, 2013 (12:21 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I must say I've been thinking about this in the past... In Colosseum IIRC... whether to have Umbreon learn Faint Attack or stay with Bite...

I like Bite more. I like its animation more and flinch chance is good bonus.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 25th, 2013 (01:14 AM).
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I do not really like bite so I'll go for faint attack as I like it's animation in all the games.
Old July 25th, 2013 (01:38 AM).
nitemate
Don't play Pokemon anymore ...

Nature: Rash
faint attack

works well when opponents use double team and also when an foe uses a sand veil Pokemon. I don't prefer bite as I will be getting crunch after some levels. Also faint attack has better animation than bite
Old July 25th, 2013 (01:57 AM).
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
I've always stuck with bite, I just can't pick a 'guaranteed' hit over the chance of causing an opponent to flinch!
Old July 25th, 2013 (10:03 AM).
Cassino

Generally Bite, but I wouldn't pass up Faint Attack if I have no other no-miss move on my team, and I'd still consider it even if I had one — depends on the user's species. Double Teamers are rare and are often specific trainers, but when one does finally come across one it can be a bothersome waste of time. Of course there's also X Accuracy for such times, but that relies on the monster I'm using being able to stay in against the odd time its foe does throw out an attack.

The choice of Bite or Crunch is a little more interesting, I think. One would do more damage with two Bites if they get a flinch, but that's not entirely likely.
Old July 25th, 2013 (12:37 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nature: Timid
As far as in-game is concerned, I'd rather have Faint Attack because I find it more useful to hit those that spam Double Team/Sand-Attack than to flinch them. If it were competitive, I'd go with Bite, though Crunch outclasses it...but hey, that's not the question, lol.
Old July 25th, 2013 (12:42 PM).
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I would go for Bite. The way I battle, I don't really need Faint Attack & if I go first, I can use Bite and have a potential flinch effect which makes them waste a turn. Also Bite's accuracy is already good enough. With enough luck, you can Bite and make them flinch until they faint, instead of using Faint Attack and having them attack you too for a potential crit or something and make your Pokemon faint. So my vote goes to Bite.
Old July 25th, 2013 (01:30 PM).
Sheep
fix my modesty

I usually go with Bite but in the off-chance that I have to deal with bad accuracy loss, I'd wish I had Faint Attack. Tough choice. :(

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic
Old July 25th, 2013 (01:54 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by molivious View Post
Bite. Very rare to encounter double-teamers in-game (1 or 2-in-a-100)?. Competitively, they're even banned.

So... yeah, Bite. Usually, you'd have an Aerial Acer which could deal with majority of those Double-teaming abusers too. If none, well... that's why I bring Toxic XD
Evasion Clause I think is only really upheld in the unofficial metagame, Smogon or Pokemon Showdown; and any clone of the two. Officially I don't think its as heavily penalized. I'd have to look up the official standings rules on the matter again, but I don't think most people still use it.

You do have evasion tactics in Sand teams though where the never miss may come in more handy than the 30% flinch, not to mention there are more attacks with higher damage than Bite.

Really, what do you need more on your team, flinch or accuracy?
Old July 25th, 2013 (03:20 PM).
BubbleBeams
Defeating Champions Since 1999

Send a message via Skype™ to BubbleBeams
I prefer Bite, definitely (and Crunch later on if the Pokemon is able to learn it). I like to try and keep attacks in my movepool that allow for a chance of flinching or paralysis while also dealing damage.

I only play in-game though. So I'm not sure which is better to have for competitive battling.
Old July 25th, 2013 (03:21 PM).
lmcde22

I like Faint Attack. Especially in the E4 where their are heaps of Sand-Attackers and Double Teamers... It's just more useful.

Old July 25th, 2013 (03:30 PM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Faint Attack, it never misses, sounds and looks great.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old July 25th, 2013 (03:53 PM).
Hikamaru
osha osha
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Faint Attack, generally because it bypasses those nasty Double Team spammers.
Old July 25th, 2013 (05:43 PM).
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I think I'd prefer faint attack too, just because of the 100% accuracy, to hit evasion/accuracy stat changers, it's too good to pass up. Reliability over a lucky gamble! As luck rarely works for me in Pokemon ...
Old July 25th, 2013 (06:20 PM).
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Bite, because it has more PP and doesn't miss often. Evasion stat boosters are banned competitively so always prefer Bite.
Old July 25th, 2013 (10:59 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
The choice of Bite or Crunch is a little more interesting, I think. One would do more damage with two Bites if they get a flinch, but that's not entirely likely.
I don't think there's competition... Crunch outclasses Bite

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 26th, 2013 (12:14 AM).
.:batto:.
Pokébreeder

Nature: Bold
Bite. i mean how often does it miss, really.
and besides. the animation is brutal. i like brutal.

Sponsored Links