The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 25th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Cassino
Daijobu!

Also, neither does postcount show at all.

Image:
Old July 25th, 2013, 08:45 PM
PokeCosmo

This isn't a real issue, the guy that brought it up was a troll: http://www.cameldog.net/stoned-waste...mon-forum.html

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 25th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Well, considering this was coded literally a half hour ago, I'm sure there's some bugs to be worked out still. Audy will fix I'm sure.
Old July 25th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Nature: Timid
Even if it was brought up by a troll, it was an option that should have been added long ago. That might be the first time a troll helped us out. But yeah, no issue in letting it stay and getting it fixed in the postbit.

Blood will have blood.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and elheroeoscuro
Old July 25th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Cassino
Daijobu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Well, considering this was coded literally a half hour ago, I'm sure there's some bugs to be worked out still. Audy will fix I'm sure.
Oh, right, I didn't see just how recent that was. Still, the postcount issue I also mentioned has been present for far longer (unless it's intended and that setting is off by default?), so I don't think one can assume problems with recent changes won't be missed.
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:01 PM
PokeCosmo

he's planning on coming back in a couple of days with a new account and act offended like an evangelical parent that you have a third option for gender btw, just throwing the warning out

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:01 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

The postcount stuff was turned off for guests and newly registered users ages ago.
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Quote:
he's planning on coming back in a couple of days with a new account and act offended like an evangelical parent that you have a third option for gender btw, just throwing the warning out
That's hilarious. I'm gonna be looking for appropriate gifs in the mean time. Thanks for letting us know!

Blood will have blood.
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:06 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeCosmo View Post
IP bans 5ever <3

I don't see why you guys have to do this lol

I mean, isn't there an option for "neither" or "both"? And genderbending is always fun :3

Old July 25th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Quote:
I mean, isn't there an option for "neither" or "both"? And genderbending is always fun :3
No, there's just an option to leave it blank. I once suggested having a "both" option, but that obviously didn't go through, lol. And you can gender bend without having to use the new options. Though I think it will be a bit disrespectful if people genderbend using the transgender or genderqueer option.

Blood will have blood.
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:17 PM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Serious
I'd actually like for the option of choosing either one for chosen gender

'' '' : Transgender-FtM (Female to Male)

'' '' : Genderqueer-FAAB (Female-Assigned At Birth)
'' '' : Genderqueer-CAFAB (Coercively Assigned Female At Birth)
" "" : Genderqueer-CAMAB (Coercively Assigned Male At Birth)

It gives more of a choice for members and it looks aesthetically better. It'll show how PC as a forum is Open, Very Friendly, and Very Diverse.

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:36 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Wouldn't it be easier if it was just labelled Other instead? Would catch any other niches.

Otherwise I don't think there's a need to go down into more narrow subcategories - the general label should imo suffice.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old July 25th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Quote:
I'd actually like for the option of choosing either one for chosen gender

'' '' : Transgender-FtM (Female to Male)

'' '' : Genderqueer-FAAB (Female-Assigned At Birth)
'' '' : Genderqueer-CAFAB (Coercively Assigned Female At Birth)
" "" : Genderqueer-CAMAB (Coercively Assigned Male At Birth)

It gives more of a choice for members and it looks aesthetically better. It'll show how PC as a forum is Open, Very Friendly, and Very Diverse.
I don't think that looks aesthetically better at all, to tell you the truth. And if anything, I think it makes it more complicated. :( I think what Audy added earlier is just fine. It gets the point across, and if that person wants to express their subcategory of genderqueer or transgender, they can do so in their about me or any thread that brings up the subject.

Blood will have blood.
Old July 26th, 2013, 12:28 AM
shenanigans
Staff Admin

Would I be a total bigot for saying that I think it's fine just letting transgender people pick the gender that they identify with? I mean, someone who is MtF for example... is female as far as any of us are concerned. :/
[07/08/2014 15:43:15] ‎keiran: my name is YAMI YUGI and i was a card-playing pharoah in my past life *summons blue-eyes white privilege*
Old July 26th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Why just not have another option for other? That way it can include those who are not sure yet what they are and those who are hermaphrodites. Sorted!
Old July 26th, 2013, 12:33 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post
Would I be a total bigot for saying that I think it's fine just letting transgender people pick the gender that they identify with? I mean, someone who is MtF for example... is female as far as any of us are concerned. :/
YES BECAUSE I READ THE WORD BIGOT AND I FREAKED OUT

um I mean this isn't a hookup or childbearing forum or anything so knowing wether you have sperm or eggs in your crotch-thing doesn't really concern any of us (until you get to the PMs and the chats yeah, but that's not what our main goal here at PC is).

Old July 26th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Couldn't agree more. I couldn't really understand why new fields were added since when you're transgender I always assumed you would still classify as male or female based on what you see yourself as, but I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that I'm wrong here. It just seems like making a big deal out of something that's perfectly normal, like calling it out as something to focus on? But yeah, either what we currently have or (an 'Other' option) should work fine if there is actually a need for it.
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:08 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

And not to mention in a few days there's gonna be a "parent" that's going to "freak out" over our "uncouth" behavior by adding in transgender just now.

damn it guys I thought you were better than that just to feed the trolls

Old July 26th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Ardos
Community Supporter

Quote:
This.

I mean, I just don't see why this is relevant. Just leave the options as male or female. If they aren't happy with the options, they don't have to choose. I just don't see why this is relevant on a Pokemon forum. I mean, I am not against transgender people in any way, but I've never been to a forum where its a option.
Old July 26th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Fairy
the hearing pokémon

I agree with the above. Over complication is just that, overcomplicated. Bobandbill brought up the "other" option. I think, if this does become a thing, that would be the best choice. Or maybe even "Other : _____" (type in your own).

Although, I see that being abused more than used properly, but that's just me.
{pokemon fae} {PM me} {friend code}
{dream address} {TSV} {credit}
mega audino; healer

Old July 26th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Esper

Quote:
No, that's actually a pretty keen and sensitive understanding. It only potentially leaves out people who are intersex, genderqueer, or otherwise don't identify as either female or male. And then, there may be people who primarily identify as a trans person instead of being just male or female. It's a difficult issue and, understandably, can be very personal for people. Of course, this is an issue that goes way beyond this forum so I wouldn't personally be too disappointed if we weren't on the very cutting edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
Why just not have another option for other? That way it can include those who are not sure yet what they are and those who are hermaphrodites. Sorted!
Hermaphrodites don't technically exist in humans. A better term is intersex.

Edit: it also doesn't seem to display in some of the skins. Actually, not any of the skins I've tried so far. And some don't even display the "Gender" area at all.

deviantart blog pair

Last edited by Esper; July 26th, 2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old July 26th, 2013, 04:53 PM
WillPowerPedro
https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson

Nature: Jolly
cant you just say agendered? i mean if you are transgendered then you would use any of the three depended on what you identify yourself as. i want a third option but some people might have a problem.

I just released a few albums a couple days ago. If you go to my tumblr, there are links there!
Old July 26th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

I feel like agendered people already have an option to put. They don't identify with a gender, so they can leave that blank since that's a great way to say "Hey, I'm not male or female."
Old July 26th, 2013, 05:17 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Another idea…

Why not just have "custom" as an option and they can write up to 140 characters or something describing what gender-thing they are. That way we can cover all 2^16^140 genders there are.

Old July 26th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Kano Shuuya
→ you're here, aren't you?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Didn't read the entire thread, so sorry if I repeat anyone, but I don't even understand why there's a transgender option?

Like, legit it was slightly offending when I saw it. xD;

Transgender people fight so hard to be recognized as either male or female, so why would you go with "transgender", that's contradictory. Agender is much the same, there's a blank gender option for that.

hi, i used to be "Drew"
alt account for Jude Mathis
paired to Antemortem
twitter | tumblr | instagram | steam
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links