• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

"But I really like Toshiba better..."

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
We've had a conversation about this on the DCC earlier last week (or month...idk) and there wasn't really a thread about it soooo.

What's your preferred computer brand? Would it be for desktops, for laptops, or for both? What persuades you to buy such computer brand?

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I don't really have one. It seems that all desktop/laptop brands have all got some kind of bad tag with all of them (e.g. HP - always breaking down after a couple of years; Sony VAIO - overpriced for specs etc.) so these days I just look at the specs and then reviews on the build regardless of brands. VAIOs, though overpriced, in my opinion are the best aesthetically however, and the build quality isn't too shabby either.

Years
For desktops, I would really choose to build my own if I had the money to do so more than buy an OEM desktop.. and for laptops, I base it by the review on which brand I buy, however I am going to avoid HP at all costs for my next laptop, considering that the last one I had from them had known defects to it.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
For laptops, I really prefer Toshiba or ASUS. I've never owned an ASUS but I've recommended the brand to family and friends and they've always been happy with it. Toshiba has been solid for me and they're generally a decent price for the amount of hardware you get.

For desktops, I prefer custom built. Some brands I'm quite loyal to are XFX for video cards, Corsair for RAM, Intel for processors, and Western Digital for hard drives.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Self-build. I suppose it's not inaccurate to say that my computer is a very personal thing and that I want to be fully invested in its assembly.

Got a 3TB for $120
Is that a normal sort of price for TB drives, nowadays?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
To me, it seems like a steal to get a 3 TB drive for that low. It must be internal.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Lenovo, Asus, Toshiba. These are pretty much the only three big-name brands I would feel comfortable buying a laptop from. They've consistently shown that they offer high quality products and support.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I have no brand loyalty whatsoever. I generally just get whatever gives me more price-performance, in both the notebook and desktop parts arenas.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I can not stand Acer for laptops as my old one keto blue screening of death,
I prefer using HP ones now. As for desktop I do not really mind what brand it is.

Back