Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games
Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Old July 26th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Gogofreak
Touhou and Pokemon Fanatic

Nature: Jolly
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Has anyone else played the Pokepark games on the Wii? I've seen a let's play of the first (Pikachu's Adventure) and I've played the second (Wonders Beyond). I liked Wonders Beyond, it took my quite a while to finish, too. Thoughts?
Old July 26th, 2013, 08:52 PM
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
Pretty fun, could've been better. Both are too kiddy, like, "almost pointless to play" kiddy. Probably targeted at ages 8 and below... and even after switching my stance to a kid's POV, I think it's still lacking quite a lot.

Nonetheless, the music and graphics were stellar. That loading screen in PP 2... I think they're the only reasons I kept playing.
You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
Old July 26th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Wobbu
γ ℯ ℯ

Nature: Relaxed
I've only played Wonders Beyond and I didn't know what to expect. Like molivious said, the graphics and music are excellent. As far as gameplay goes, the game is very easy and simple but also fun. My favorite thing about Poképark was seeing all of the Pokémon in their actual size, from the cycoplean Wailord to the minuscule Joltik.

Avatar Source | Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old July 29th, 2013, 02:29 AM
joycerodgridue

Send a message via AIM to joycerodgridue Send a message via Skype™ to joycerodgridue
Short game but fun to play and entertaining.
BacklinksVault
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:14 PM
«Chuckles»
First of all, I'm not a "total psycho"

Nature: Brave
I loved the first one with the minigames, even though they were aimed at little kids I liked the unlocking Pokemon by helping or battling them it made me feel like I was playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon just not turn-based

PairFriend Code
Old August 6th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Gogofreak
Touhou and Pokemon Fanatic

Nature: Jolly
Some people say it's very kiddie, except for the Eeveelutions challenges! Those running tracks don't give you enough time to complete them.
Old August 6th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Starlight Sprite
Resident Moon Fairy

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Starlight Sprite
It's quite clear to me that these games were intended for a younger audience. That aside, they can be entertaining, and the concept is cute. Story wise, it's kind of weak compared to the other games, but the gameplay can still provide a challenge. Along with Pokemon Ranger, this is probably the closest we'll get to a Zelda-styled Pokemon adventure game.
"Time for my appearance!"

Gym Leader Korrina
Old August 14th, 2013, 04:03 PM
*Icecold*
Bow down to Queen Meowstic

Nature: Hasty
I kind of disliked the original Pokepark, because its story was, as many people have mentioned, extremely kiddy and weak. After game, there was literally nothing to do but run around.

Pokepark 2 has an improved story, but not as good as is could be. Still enjoyed it a lot more than the original! Oshawott is too cute and incredibly fun to play as.
This signature has been disabled.
Signature way too large. Try removing some lines or spaces!
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here