The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 24th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
In addition to brightening up the Kanto region and bringing us back to our Pokemon roots, FRLG introduced something that the original games didn't have: The Sevii Islands. Did you like the addition of these islands, such as the mini-games and sidequests? Were you able to access any of the events that took place on the final two islands? What was your favorite and least favorite part about them?

Play the game to change the game
Old March 24th, 2013, 11:09 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I did like having the islands in the game, as it gave me something else to do. Though I would have liked it more if they put in the Orange islands instead. I wish I could have got Deoxys and Ho-oh/Lugia, but nothing happens in Australia so... I thought that it was nice that they used Johto remixes, as they were some of my favourites but I didn't like the quest for the ruby and sapphire, that was just annoying.
Old March 24th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
The Sevii Islands were a dream come true. Since I played Blue before LG, I thought that Kanto has very less water... and quickly did I find that LG was just a remake. Need more Water! And woo! Here are the Islands! I think that the first three Islands were pretty boring, but the latter half was a good post-game playthrough.
Old March 25th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
I was really happy about the addition of the Sevii Islands, because if FireRed/LeafGreen had been true remakes, the post-game would get boring real fast. I really liked some of the little things like Lady Selphy asking to see certain Pokemon off of Five Island, and the Tanoby Ruins kept me busy for a few days trying to catch all the Unown.

I wasn't able to go to either Navel Rock or Birth Island, though, since Diamond and Pearl had already been released by the time I got my own copy of FireRed (and I think the events only saw a limited release here, anyway).

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old March 25th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I enjoyed the addition of the sevii islands, even though I never got to all 7 of them as the events never came to my part of the world. still there was plenty to keep me busy-the battle thing on islans 6 ? the unown caves.

they were my favorite part of these remakes.
Old April 8th, 2013, 05:01 PM
TBIF

Probably my favorite part of the remakes, I still find things that are either new or I had forgotten about when I play again.
Old April 27th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Bestwaffles

I loved the Sevii Islands! It was enjoyable post-game content, and it kept me interested. Plus the ability to catch Johto Pokemon was an excellent addition. Although, I have to agree with Vaporeon about the Orange Islands, having been a fan of the anime as a child, that would have been a lovely nostalgia trip.

FireRed, Crystal, Sapphire,
Diamond 0/8, White, X

The Ones that Got Away: 1/16

Current B-I-N-G-O Challenge:
Grass Monotype - Sapphire 5/8
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:34 PM
Emfg

The islands were what made the games feel long. Like, it felt like there was lots to do.
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
I loved the Sevii Islands, it gave me something to do when i entirely finished my FR (beating the game, catching all the legendaries that i could). And the sidequests were fun! I loved the Sevii Islands and i hope they bring it back in a FR LG remake or in some other game.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old May 17th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Dangelitus

Nature: Modest
That was a great adition, because he have some extra quest and with the option of obtain more pokemons foreing of kanto.

The bad part is i don't have any event for the last two, but still a very welcome adition to the original game.
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Dimebag

Nature: Gentle
It was the best thing they added on the remakes. It gave Fire Red and Leaf Green a boost of gameplay length which had referances to genII ( remixed G/S/C themes , a scientist saying about giovanni's son who has red hair which referres to Silver the rival from G/S ) and also there was a house in seven island with an old lady and a "door" covered with cardboard boxes and when you interacted with it it said " you can feel a slight breeze " is it a reference to something ???
Old May 19th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Definitely a much-needed addition. In my little knowledge of Gen I I knew there was nothing to do when you defeated the Champion except complete the Pokédex, so they were a much-welcome addition. One, Two and Three Islands helped me get some levels before Giovanni and the Elite Four as well. Particularly the area around Ember Spa.
The only thing that disappointed me was the lack of variety...then I realised you could get stuff like Heracross and I just hadn't been patient enough in that area.

So definitely a much-welcome addition.
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:10 PM
red5677
Non-Existent Elite Four Champ

Nature: Brave
I liked the idea that they added an extra thing from the original games, but I kinda wished they were longer.
Old May 28th, 2013, 06:03 PM
DelightedTurk
Hipsterest Hypno in the land

Nature: Calm
I thought the Sevii Isles were a great addition to the games. Without them FireRed and LeafGreen would have felt stale and old. Instead they were given a fresh twist that gave us something to do in the post game. It kept me busy and I found them really fun as a kid.
Old May 30th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Soldier Randy

Nature: Calm
I really enjoy playing on the Sevii Islands an catching pokemon from Jhotto was a great complement that kept me playing for another good while.
But just as gam3r! said above... Is there something you can do for the old lady y 7 Isle? Is there a way to get the boxes to move?
My blog: "You know... that guy". Why don't you take a look at it? Just started it and if you have suggestion for any subject for me to write about I will gladly considerate it and give my thoughts on it!

yknowdatguy.blogspot.com
Old June 29th, 2013, 07:10 AM
xGal
Playing some ESL

Nature: Bold
Yea, I liked that, but I think it was better Gamefreak replaced the Sevii Island with the Orange Islands, because it's more intersting than couple of islands. Orange Islands had their own Gyms, which could be more intersting than finding a random guy's girl on a forest, or bringing a Stone to someone you never met before...

Also, if you ever wanted to make a ROM hacking tool, click here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334348
Old June 30th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Adrian!
Urban Adventurer

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Adrian!
The islands felt like a fresh breeze from Johto at the time, because it seemed like everyone missed their GSC teams at the time and it was great to run into familiar faces that weren't available outside of Colosseum. Plus, I had always imagined what Red did during those three years before G/S/C/HG/SS. The islands were like the interlude between the stories of gen I and gen II. I love the concept of having a post-game world to explore.
Old July 27th, 2013, 04:13 AM
exerald
Ace Trainer

Nature: Brave
I loved them! They where extra adventure packed places!

I am exerald.
Deviantart|FaceBook
Old July 27th, 2013, 04:28 AM
HSV15

Nature: Modest
I enjoyed them. I wasn't particularly a fan of the Ruby-Sapphire quest like vaporeon7 mentioned, but I liked the Team Rocket stuff on Island 5.

| B: 1/8 | R: n/a | Y: 0/8 |
| G: 1/16 | S: n/a | C: 0/16 |
| R: 0/8 | S: 8/8 | E: 8/8 | FR:8/8 | LG: n/a |
| D: 8/8 | P: 3/8 | Pt: 5/8 | HG: 0/16 | SS: 16/16 |
| B: 1/8 | W: n/a | B2: n/a | W2: 8/8 |
Old August 2nd, 2013, 10:52 PM
Hainline15

I love them! its how I pass my time while im waiting to level up pokemon!

Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4012-4710-8473
Old August 3rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Aeroblast
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Additional content is always good. Sevii Islands also had all those Johto Pokemon, too, and Mt. Ember with Moltres was a nice change.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 08:05 PM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

The Sevii Isles were a good addition to the game. It gave me something to do/explore after beating the Elite Four though the Orange Islands would've been pretty cool to explore as well.
Old August 5th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

This was my favorite feature of the remakes as it was totally different than anything we have ever had before. The sidequests were fun and being able to catch cool Pokemon from other regions was really awesome!

"By force of will!"
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Paperhat545
The Pokémon Master

I like them. They gave the game a bit more flavor, which is always a plus!
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Silais
Princess of the Law

I liked the Sevii Islands, they added quite a bit to the game and I found the mysteries surrounding them to be pretty interesting.

Sponsored Links