Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 27th, 2013, 09:37 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish

Advertise here
I try to reduce my meat intake for the environment, but I haven't the effort to avoid meat entirely. I'll enjoy a chicken wing now and then but no "carnivore" mindset a lot of non-vegetarians have.÷
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt

Old July 28th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
yes i eat meat because if i was a dinosaur i would choose to be

Rooooooddy!!! <333
A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside remains the same.
Brock – Pokemon

Old July 28th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Of course. I eat more meat than vegetables actually.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old July 28th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Yup. Eaten meat all my life. I like the taste of it. That's really the only reason I eat it.

These days I don't get much meat in my diet. When I was a kid every dinner had to have a meat with it. No idea why.
My FC is 1177-7075-4188
Dunsparce/Audino/Eevee Safari
Old July 28th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

I don't like meat. I don't like the texture of it, and I don't like the taste of it. I ate it for most of my life because that's just how I was raised, and until I had the funds to choose my own diet without being a burden to my family, I continued to eat it. I relapsed quite a few times just because of how easily accessible it is to eat, and how the world as a whole seems to be anti-vegetarian when it comes to choice of foods in most places, especially fast food. But actually, if you take the time and do the research, it isn't as anti-vegetarian as it seems to be. Even fast food restaurants tend to have options for vegetarians. For instance, I love Taco Bell, and until very recently, I didn't know you could replace the crappy beef with this delicious rice that they serve.

I don't try to press my views on anyone. And strangely, I don't get any slamming comments from meat eaters in my offline life. I get a few from people online, but those don't really concern me these days anymore. I find that I'm a lot more healthier without meat in my diet, but I realize that its an extremely difficult thing for some people to do and I respect their decision when it comes to their own diets. I get all the nutrition that I would if I was a meat eater, without the guilt that came with it for me for having an animal in my stomach.
Old July 28th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
I ate hot dogs for dinner tonight, but are they actually classified as meat? Meat by-product?

Either way, yes I eat meat, and I can't imagine becoming a vegetarian unless I had to for dietary reasons. I understand all the reasons that people do become vegan/vegetarian, but it tastes good and isn't going to go missing from supermarkets and restaurants any time soon, so I'm just going to keep eating it.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old July 29th, 2013, 02:37 AM
blaziken25

Send a message via Skype™ to blaziken25
I eat meat yum yum yum. We live on a farm so there is always plenty of meat!
Blaziken25

Old July 29th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
I eat meat. Well, I consume and destroy everything.

That being said, I do have vegetarian meals from time to time and I'm not particularly bound to eating meat either, but it's a part of my balanced diet.
"Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
Forum Set // Pair
Old July 29th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Yup, always have, always will. Hell, the animals dead anyways, might as well put it to use.
Old July 29th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Green Stache

I love meat, always have, always will. I've seen what happens to the animals and being chopped up and minced and all of that business, still doesn't change my view point. Because they are given to us to be eaten also, so I'm just helping out the world, haha. (I don't mean that in a disrespectful way btw, just messing around)

Although there is some animal meat I don't really wanna try eating and believe it shouldn't be eaten.. Like dog, or Veil (It just tastes... Just not what I wanna eat) and some others. I just prefer adult cow, lamb, chicken and pork. (It's also normal to eat kangaroo down here in Australia, but I haven't tried it yet, but it's apparently really nice)
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Starfury
hey there, glitter !
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
After watching a video about how animals are treated in factories and such, I only eat meat and eggs that are free ranged. I don't eat it at restaurants because I don't know what I'm getting.
never trot when
you can prance
Old July 29th, 2013, 06:44 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

I am a pescetarian, have been for 13 months now. A pescetarian diet shares many of its components with a vegetarian diet and includes vegetables, fruit, nuts, grains, beans, eggs, and dairy, but unlike a vegetarian diet also includes fish and shellfish.

I did not change my diet for the reasons most people do, my body simply can not process the proteins in red meat and poultry well at all. I cut those meats out of my diet because I wasted a lot of food, but when it comes to fish and shellfish they agree with me. I actually lost a lot of weight two years ago from pneumonia. In 13 months I have gained almost all of my weight back.
Old July 29th, 2013, 07:07 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Yes, I eat meat. I don't mind if veggies are served to me.

Old July 29th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Yes, I eat meat. In more ways than one.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old July 29th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Silais
Princess of the Law

Not really. Bacon is okay, and I love seafood (lobster, crab, SHRIMP!!!) but otherwise I really don't eat meat. I'm very picky with what I eat because a lot of foods and food textures make me sick. Meat has always been one of those foods that make me gag or feel nauseous afterwards.
Old July 29th, 2013, 08:40 AM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silais View Post
Not really. Bacon is okay, and I love seafood (lobster, crab, SHRIMP!!!) but otherwise I really don't eat meat. I'm very picky with what I eat because a lot of foods and food textures make me sick. Meat has always been one of those foods that make me gag or feel nauseous afterwards.
That's how I felt before I cut what was making me feel sick out of my diet.
Old July 29th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Blade_of_darkness
War Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
I love my meat, but I do prefer some of the leaner kinds of meat. I'm not really fond of any of the fattier kinds. Pork & bacon are still fair game, though.

^ The last thing you see before you die ^
Old July 29th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Don't kill me, but I think vegetarians who refuse to eat animals because "oh the poor little animals" are being a bit ridiculous.

I'm thinking about cutting down on my meat for dietary reasons (gotta lose a bit of flab. Like 20 pounds actually) but "saving the animals" isn't doing anything. People are still going to cut up animals regardless of how much you eat them.

Anyway I think meat's delicious and fine to eat. I'm okay with most vegetarians because a lot of them don't go all crazy because "oh no the poor piggie dont eat him". It just annoys me when they do end up doing that.
Are you sure you want to play this game?
I'm afraid you'd lose
Old July 29th, 2013, 01:42 PM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
AMG MEAT

I have to be completely honest, I love meat. And I've seen what they do to the animals, so don't send me le animal abuse videos. I think it's only right I eat meat; if I didn't, I would imabalance the food chain, etc. etc. etc. I just think it's natural to eat it.

Then again, if you're vegetarian or the like, I don't really tend to discriminate.

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD
Old July 29th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Kano Shuuya
→ you're here, aren't you?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I'm not going to say "I love meat", because actually when it comes to favorite food, pasta wins. I do enjoy steaks, and hamburgers, and etc, though. So beef is my preference, meat-wise. Pork is okay, and chicken is.. iffy. It's okay when it's white meat. One of my family members could live on meat, and me - not so much. I'm this at this weird stand-off where I could be a vegetarian, but I eat it just often enough that I wouldn't wanna be.

hi, i used to be "Drew"
alt account for Jude Mathis
paired to Antemortem
twitter | tumblr | instagram | steam
Old August 3rd, 2013, 11:18 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I can't live without meat. They're filled with protein, which gives you energy and helps your muscles recover quickly. Most of them are also low on carbohydrates, and that's a plus. Meat could be a little hard to digest sometimes, but I still love to eat them, haha. My favorite kind of meat is beef.
Old August 25th, 2013, 04:34 PM
zakisrage
In the trunk on Highway 10

Nature: Impish
I eat meat - and lots of it. I love chicken and shrimp, and I'm also a fan of beef and lamb. Turkey is also very good. I'm not allowed to eat pork because I'm Muslim. And because I'm Shia, I'm not allowed to eat lobster or crab either. So it's actually quite close to the Jewish dietary laws. If my parents caught me eating pork, they'd be pretty annoyed.
Helga: Look Phoebe, you gotta snap out of this. I mean, criminy, it's not like it's the first time you ever farted. Heck, when you sleep over you do it all the time. You rip 'em all night long, they stink to high heaven. It's all I can do to keep from passing out.
Phoebe: Just get out.
- Hey Arnold

Last edited by zakisrage; August 25th, 2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old August 27th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Gold warehouse

after 3 years of strict vegetarianism, I simply stopped caring
Old August 27th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I don't really care for meat. For a couple months I was only eating it once every week or two but recently I've been eating it on a more regular basis. I would like to go back to being primarily a produce and grains kinda person, though. I felt so much healthier when I didn't eat it.

100% agree with Dominic about every thing in his post, right down to loving Taco Bell because they substitute beef for rice and/or beans in their tacos! I love going there fo rmy fast food fix just for that reason :9

Last edited by Mochi; August 27th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old August 27th, 2013, 11:26 AM
daigonite
[insert artsy user title here]
Community Supporter

I eat a lot of meat actually, but my best friend only eats fish meat.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here