• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frigid Air: Ice-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Froslass is a Pokémon that's always interested me quite a bit. On one hand it's a graceful and elegant Pokémon with decent battle capabilities and a beyond interesting back story, but on the other hand it's supposedly the ghost of a woman that died in the mountains. Training that kind of entity seems... wrong? Haha. It strikes me as a concept they should never have introduced - though it's like Spiritomb too, he's supposedly made of hundreds of dead souls. Does this put you guys off training a Pokémon like Froslass despite her beauty and quirks?

Personally I always ensure to evolve my Snorunt into Glalie to avoid housing the spirit of a dead woman on my team, but I guess I can take these things too literally sometimes paha.

I see you don't like ghosts? I never knew the story behind Froslass. That would put me off too but I don't mind the spooky things, as Ghost-types intrigue me quite a bit. Glad that made an Ice/Ghost type.

LolPizzaLol

Just chillin'
Years
Preferred username: LolPizzaLol
Partner Pokémon: Froslass
Which Ice-type has the best design? Froslass, because it looks so evil. Regice is nice too, just a block of ice with arms and legs; simple, but good.
Favorite Ice-type move: Ice Beam, it does a lot of damage and it has 100% accuracy.
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon? They just look cool (no pun intended) and mysterious, and you can do pretty fun stuff with ice irl.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I see you don't like ghosts? I never knew the story behind Froslass. That would put me off too but I don't mind the spooky things, as Ghost-types intrigue me quite a bit. Glad that made an Ice/Ghost type.
No, ghosts are scary! But it's not so much that, more just the feeling of actually training a dead woman. With things like Gengar I assume they were 'born' as ghosts, but with Froslass you're actually capturing and training a dead woman's soul... To me, that's a good reason to never train one, let alone have them exist! I do wonder where she gets her Ice powers from though...

Which Ice-type has the best design? Froslass, because it looks so evil. Regice is nice too, just a block of ice with arms and legs; simple, but good.
Favorite Ice-type move: Ice Beam, it does a lot of damage and it has 100% accuracy.
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon? They just look cool (no pun intended) and mysterious, and you can do pretty fun stuff with ice irl.
HI WELCOME HOW ARE YOU :D Your username is my favourite thing ever. What made you choose Froslass as your partner? We've just been discussing her as I'm sure you've read so I'd love to hear your opinions on her! She strikes me as such a creepy and unnecessary concept for a Pokémon... But I'd love to know why you like her so much. :D

LolPizzaLol

Just chillin'
Years
Froslass is just so creepy and evil, she looks like she killed your best friend while you were not looking or something. I like things like that. It would also be the perfect Pokémon for a creepypasta. Ice/Ghost is also a pretty cool combination. And about the dead woman-thing; a big, round chunk of ice doesn't look like a woman to me, lol. If you do think about the story, she obviously got her Ice-powers because she died in the mountains, if it's a high mountain, it would be pretty cold up there.

EDIT: I forgot that Froslass evolves from Snorunt and not from Glalie lol. But still, Snorunt doesn't look like a woman to me.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years

Welcome to the club. I see you've picked the mysterious Froslass. She isn't as evil as some would think, she's quite docile despite being part Ghost. Regice is good too, based off a golem (not Golem the Pokémon). Ice Beam is a great move, powerful and can freeze your target if you're lucky.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I have made a small change to the original post. The sprites of all the Ice-types are now animated, and I added Kyurem's other forms too. Just needed to spice up this club a bit. :)

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
You mean spICE, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

But anyway, do you guys that there should be more moves that freeze an opponent? Freeze is kinda underrated imo.

Nice pun :P By looking at the move list on Bulbapedia, it seems that most Ice-type moves already have chances of freezing your opponent. I once thought that Aurora Beam was supposed to freeze your opponent but they must've changed that in later games.

LolPizzaLol

Just chillin'
Years
Nice pun :P By looking at the move list on Bulbapedia, it seems that most Ice-type moves already have chances of freezing your opponent. I once thought that Aurora Beam was supposed to freeze your opponent but they must've changed that in later games.
Not really, only 5 Ice-type moves and 2 Normal-type moves, just look at all the moves that cause paralysis.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Am I the only one who wants a move introduced that when it hits, it freezes the opponent? It's not a damage inflicting move or anything but you know, we have Thunder Wave, Will-o-Wisp, Toxic, Spore, why can't we have something for a guaranteed freeze? Freeze is definitely underestimated, its like sleep except a bit more gimmicky. There's a 20% chance your opponent will thaw out each turn, but its really disappointing they haven't introduced something like this. That way it can give something to ice types to make them even more unique. :)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Am I the only one who wants a move introduced that when it hits, it freezes the opponent? It's not a damage inflicting move or anything but you know, we have Thunder Wave, Will-o-Wisp, Toxic, Spore, why can't we have something for a guaranteed freeze? Freeze is definitely underestimated, its like sleep except a bit more gimmicky. There's a 20% chance your opponent will thaw out each turn, but its really disappointing they haven't introduced something like this. That way it can give something to ice types to make them even more unique. :)

I think that would be cool. The only non-damaging move I could find that "freezes" the opponent is Sheer Cold, but it's a one-hit KO move and not a status-effecting move.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Whilst this does sound awesome, it'd definitely have to have awful accuracy. Freeze is a lot more dangerous than most of the other status effects as there's literally nothing you can do against it whereas Sleep has quite a lot of options - I suppose if the 100% freezing move was like Spore and was only given to weaker things it could work but otherwise I'm not sold on it. Maybe 55% accuracy could be reasonable - what do you guys think? I believe that's on par with Sing, not certain though haha.

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Hello everyone~ Don't want to interrupt the discussion so I'm just going to quietly slip this in....

Spoiler:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Hello everyone~ Don't want to interrupt the discussion so I'm just going to quietly slip this in....

Spoiler:

Welcome to the club. Mamoswine's a good choice, big, thick and destructible. I have never heard much about "kami" but I am intrigued by it already. Blizzard is my favorite Ice-type move too, very cold and destructive. I know the feeling too, just something about them makes me love them too, and yes, it feels just right. :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Welcome to the club. Mamoswine's a good choice, big, thick and destructible. I have never heard much about "kami" but I am intrigued by it already. Blizzard is my favorite Ice-type move too, very cold and destructive. I know the feeling too, just something about them makes me love them too, and yes, it feels just right. :)

Sounds like I'm in the right place~!

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I'm not sure why I never signed up for this before, I love Ice Types :c

Preferred username: Skitters
Partner Pokémon: Santa Fe the Delibird
Answer the current topic: An insta-freeze move would be cool but deadly, like others have said, it needs to have low accuracy.
Favorite Ice-type move: Oh, um...Aurora Beam. Not very powerful, but it looks beautiful in battle.
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon? Because I love the cold, and I love winter and everything associated with it. I've loved Ice Types since I started playing.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I'm not sure why I never signed up for this before, I love Ice Types :c

Preferred username: Skitters
Partner Pokémon: Santa Fe the Delibird
Answer the current topic: An insta-freeze move would be cool but deadly, like others have said, it needs to have low accuracy.
Favorite Ice-type move: Oh, um...Aurora Beam. Not very powerful, but it looks beautiful in battle.
Why do you like/love Ice-type Pokémon? Because I love the cold, and I love winter and everything associated with it. I've loved Ice Types since I started playing.

Welcome to the club. I like Delibird too because its Present move can either heal or damage your opponent. It's like Russian roulette almost. I'd like to see a Ice-type status-effecting move as well. I like Aurora Beam too, very colorful and powerful. I'm a winter sort of person too so it all fits perfectly.

Kyros

Watching carefully
Years
Preferred username: Kyros
Partner Pokémon: Weavile

Answer the current topic
I wouldn't say that the ice cream look is badass but I would prefer it over a pile of slime (Muk).

Favorite Ice type move: Avalanche, perfect finishing move.

Why do you like/love Ice type Pokémon?
They're graceful but beastly. Able to take down most dragon pokemon in a single hit, while freezing the ground under it. Whats not to like?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Kyros
Partner Pokémon: Weavile

Answer the current topic
I wouldn't say that the ice cream look is badass but I would prefer it over a pile of slime (Muk).

Favorite Ice type move: Avalanche, perfect finishing move.

Why do you like/love Ice type Pokémon?
They're graceful but beastly. Able to take down most dragon pokemon in a single hit, while freezing the ground under it. Whats not to like?

Welcome to the club. Good choice in Weavile, Sneasel's mischievous evolution. I have never played the games past Johto but I have seen Avalanche and it's a really good move. I loved using Ice moves on Dragon-types, made it easy to get past Lance with having some good Ice-types to take him down with.

Kyros

Watching carefully
Years
I wonder if they could pull of an Ice/Fire type. How would that even work? Freezer burn? The only way I could even see it being possible without being totally out of the question is a pokemon based off an icy volcano. Actually I'm not sure adding the ground super effective, and making rock 4 times effective is worth making fire and steel normally effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back