Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Who should be the new team leader?
DrFuji 4 80.00%
dbzmay 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 18th, 2013 (03:12 PM).
Dark Sonic
Chaos Control!

Nature: Bold
yup i would also like to join

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 19th, 2013 (04:15 AM).
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Based on what Darthatron has apparently said, I think that we need to clarify a few things before this whole thing can get off the ground earnestly again. Firstly, whether we should even continue as people may not be as enthusiastic/ willing to contribute now that a few months have passed with little progress beyond the storyline. Secondly, if Darthatron should remain the team leader and we wait for when he has the time to lead again. And finally, who should lead if we do decide to change. Obviously the second question is dependant on the first and the third is dependant on the second but as I see it those are the three core issues that need clarification from the community.

Personally, I say we should continue with a new leader as the project has been dead in the water for at least two months and we don't have an idea of when Darthatron will be back in a reasonable capacity. If this happens then the new leader will need the skill and leadership that Darthatron has in addition to the ability to keep everybody/ everything moving forwards.

To those reading this: Please post your opinions on these matters and state whether you're still interested in continuing the project to reaffirm support!
Old July 19th, 2013 (10:28 AM).
M.L
Busy atm

I would be agree with fuji-man as if i saw correctly a lot of the people in the team it-self have their own hacks and to juggle both I know can be a bit of a struggle..

So it would be nice to see who is still happy to help and how many people are still ready to help, but it doesn't always have to be the old people as their are a few talented rom-editors(so to say) that could should apply if the project is to be continued, and with a group of such skilled people this could be very successful.

Would people just post if they are still interested or would their be an easier way for people to show so (a poll maybe).
Old July 19th, 2013 (02:52 PM).
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Darthatron has no idea when he will have time to return, if ever. You know how it goes with hackers. So the second option is really out. I personally think we should select a new co-leader, and then if Darthatron returns, they can work together. This would definitely lighten the load, and make it so if one leader has to leave, the other will be fine to continue. Just my thoughts.

Paired with Simba
Old July 20th, 2013 (02:53 AM).
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
Well, with May and June over, I was finally able to contact Darthatron. He told me that real life priorities have taken over and he doesn't have the time to hack that he used to. He would like to come back in the future, but right now, he just doesn't have the time.

So, I asked him what he wants to do about his role as leader and how we should go about choosing a new one. His response was, and I quote, "Let the community decide." So, what does everyone think?
Well, let's have a new leader, and when(if) Darthatron returns we re-appoint him. However, this new leader stays co-leader in case Darth gets real life issues again.
How's that?
Old July 22nd, 2013 (09:17 AM).
dbzmay
Advanced Adventure

I can lead if you guys want! I have a lot of free time on my hands recently and I can make sure a lot of progress is done

Click the banner to play Pokemon: Advanced Adventure!
Old July 27th, 2013 (11:41 PM).
Elaitenstile
I am legend

I must say it's sad to see that this thread is being hard-ignored. People should be voting for a new leader by now.

I feel that the motivation comes back if there is a strong leader. Darthatron was a strong leader, hence we had the enthusiasm. The main point is, if we say "We're recruiting people!" then every hacker, new or experienced, will jump up and apply. The hard part will be to give everyone a chance, given that a community hack shouldn't leave ANY (repeat, ANY) dejected faces, other than maybe... none.

so i vote for karatekid as leader anyone with me?

I wonder if anyone's gonna hear me out...
Old July 28th, 2013 (06:12 AM).
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by ★Hoenn★:
I must say it's sad to see that this thread is being hard-ignored. People should be voting for a new leader by now.

I feel that the motivation comes back if there is a strong leader. Darthatron was a strong leader, hence we had the enthusiasm. The main point is, if we say "We're recruiting people!" then every hacker, new or experienced, will jump up and apply. The hard part will be to give everyone a chance, given that a community hack shouldn't leave ANY (repeat, ANY) dejected faces, other than maybe... none.

I have already discussed who could be a potential leader with DrFuji and Bela. I know that I simply do not have the time, however I have looked over @dbzmay's work and he seems pretty qualified. DrFuji is also a great candidate, if he wants to.

Paired with Simba
Old July 28th, 2013 (06:46 PM).
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

The way I see it, if this is going to be a success we're going to need a very strong and centralised group heads plus the actual leader. While the rest of the team can be more decentralised and not as active, the top group will need to play bigger roles to keep everything rolling along. Transparency would also have to be a big point as well - Based on my experience here earlier, if it wasn't for karatekid and Bela posting irc conversations then I wouldn't have a clue about what was going on with other parts of the team.

Argh, I need to collect my thoughts more.

Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
I have already discussed who could be a potential leader with DrFuji and Bela. I know that I simply do not have the time, however I have looked over @dbzmay's work and he seems pretty qualified. DrFuji is also a great candidate, if he wants to.
I'd be happy to put my name forward.
Old July 28th, 2013 (07:05 PM).
Dark Sonic
Chaos Control!

i agree with karatekid Dr.fuji or dbzmay either one will make a great leader

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 2nd, 2013 (04:37 AM).
Elaitenstile
I am legend

So that makes a two good potential leaders. Why don't we switch over to a new thread that has a poll of possible candidates?
Old August 3rd, 2013 (10:59 PM).
Shiny Quagsire
Working on 3DS CFW. Or something.

I'm still willing to help, I've learned quite a bit in recent months regarding ASM, so as long as there's a good leader willing to lead you've got yourself an ASM leader, and maybe a team leader. Not sure if I'm dedicated enough to be a full-on team leader since school is coming up soon, but I'll do ASM anytime.

As for DrFuji, I feel confident in his abilities to be a leader, and I could see this coming together a bit more organized as well.

Old August 5th, 2013 (07:17 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Wait, did Dr.Fuji even apply for leadership? Because if not then I think that we should wait before nominating. I mean, we nominated Darthatron before he'd even visited the thread last time, and he was pretty clear about his busy. I'm not saying he's a bad candidate, but I think we should wait for expressed interest before nomination.
Old August 5th, 2013 (07:59 PM). Edited August 5th, 2013 by karatekid552.
karatekid552

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Wait, did Dr.Fuji even apply for leadership? Because if not then I think that we should wait before nominating. I mean, we nominated Darthatron before he'd even visited the thread last time, and he was pretty clear about his busy. I'm not saying he's a bad candidate, but I think we should wait for expressed interest before nomination.
I talked to DrFuji when this all began and I was first able to contact Darthatron again. He said he would be willing. I don't know about his schedule, but I'm sure he'll be on this thread soon enough to speak for himself.

\/ \/ \/ SEEE! I told you.XD

Paired with Simba
Old August 5th, 2013 (08:10 PM).
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

So that makes a two good potential leaders. Why don't we switch over to a new thread that has a poll of possible candidates?
I would like to see if more people come forward before we put up a poll/ moving to another thread, but based on the rate of replies this thread is getting this will probably have to happen soon enough.

Jah, I'm putting myself forward.

To everybody who reads this: If you have any nominations for a leader, want help get everything ready or if you would like to just get involved somehow, please post a message! Gauging community interest is pretty vital for this project.
Old August 5th, 2013 (08:32 PM).
Wobbu

I have a load of soundfonts that can be put into the hack if anyone is interested. I can also edit voice groups and do some other music editing. I can also script and map, but it looks like that's already covered. As far as leadership goes, I think DrFuji would be great.
Old August 5th, 2013 (08:34 PM).
machomuu
Community Supporter

@DrFuji and karatekid - That's good to hear, then. I'm still available as a co-Head of Story Development. I'll be going to college in a little over a week, so I'll need some time to adjust, but once things have stabilized, both with the hack and at college, I'll be able to get back to work.
Old August 7th, 2013 (05:41 PM).
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by jsziede:
I have a load of soundfonts that can be put into the hack if anyone is interested. I can also edit voice groups and do some other music editing. I can also script and map, but it looks like that's already covered. As far as leadership goes, I think DrFuji would be great.
Absolutely man, any help will be greatly appreciated!

@DrFuji and karatekid - That's good to hear, then. I'm still available as a co-Head of Story Development. I'll be going to college in a little over a week, so I'll need some time to adjust, but once things have stabilized, both with the hack and at college, I'll be able to get back to work.
That's good to hear, it would be shame to lose you to the horrors of education :P

Alright, its been a few days and nobody else has been nominated for the new leadership position so its between me and dbzmay. I've added a poll to the thread so go ahead and vote over the next day or so.

Sponsored Links