Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #2651    
Old July 22nd, 2013 (10:30 PM).
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx alienhunterx is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 3,000
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuuka View Post
Actually, I am playing it on VBA. I was able to fix it by re-patching the hack.

Unfortunately, though. another problem came up. I battled Light then caught Landorus, but the Landorus sprite is still there (and I caught about three or four of them so far). Did anyone else face a similar problem?
Yes, it is a known bug. Not only Landorus but many other Legendaries have repeated scripts...
  #2652    
Old July 22nd, 2013 (11:40 PM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 12,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuuka View Post
Actually, I am playing it on VBA. I was able to fix it by re-patching the hack.

Unfortunately, though. another problem came up. I battled Light then caught Landorus, but the Landorus sprite is still there (and I caught about three or four of them so far). Did anyone else face a similar problem?
This happens precisely when you catch a legendary =D
When you defeat it, it disappears.
You can take it as free exps.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #2653    
Old July 23rd, 2013 (01:36 PM).
Dcoup821 Dcoup821 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
uh i dunno if this was mentioned but im playin this game and i can basically get infinite pokeballs from the prof guy... every time i reenter his lab i go through the whole package delivery thing.
  #2654    
Old July 23rd, 2013 (10:17 PM).
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx alienhunterx is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 3,000
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcoup821 View Post
uh i dunno if this was mentioned but im playin this game and i can basically get infinite pokeballs from the prof guy... every time i reenter his lab i go through the whole package delivery thing.
Well you can repatch on a clean FireRed ROM and check to see whether that glitch disappeared
  #2655    
Old July 23rd, 2013 (10:57 PM).
greenking13's Avatar
greenking13 greenking13 is offline
LORD OF ZHERRY
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 48
I've noticed something odd. I am now in Atlantic Cave, but just encountered a Pawiard. Now a Boldore.

After looking at the .txt file on the front page, I noticed that it isn't the same. Is the file outdated, or did I encounter a problem?

Thank you,

Green
­
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

  #2656    
Old July 24th, 2013 (06:31 PM).
NostalgiaFreak NostalgiaFreak is offline
That one Trainer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
Is this game completed? I would like to play it but I want to play it to completion.
  #2657    
Old July 24th, 2013 (08:46 PM).
SuperSmashBrosU SuperSmashBrosU is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
I have a question. Is V-Create or Blue Flare in this hack?
  #2658    
Old July 24th, 2013 (10:33 PM). Edited July 24th, 2013 by alienhunterx.
alienhunterx's Avatar
alienhunterx alienhunterx is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The World is a Happy Place ?
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Posts: 3,000
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenking13 View Post
I've noticed something odd. I am now in Atlantic Cave, but just encountered a Pawiard. Now a Boldore.

After looking at the .txt file on the front page, I noticed that it isn't the same. Is the file outdated, or did I encounter a problem?

Thank you,

Green
Yes some entries are still outdated but we can live with that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgiaFreak View Post
Is this game completed? I would like to play it but I want to play it to completion.
Pretty much completed with 8 badges, awesome story line, legendary hunting as well ends after Elite Four battle. There is also a sequel been re make shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSmashBrosU View Post
I have a question. Is V-Create or Blue Flare in this hack?
No, Gen 5 moves for Victini here. Not for any other poke too
  #2659    
Old July 24th, 2013 (11:23 PM).
SuperSmashBrosU SuperSmashBrosU is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
That what I meant, can victini learn v-create or blue flare in this hack?
  #2660    
Old July 24th, 2013 (11:54 PM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 12,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSmashBrosU View Post
That what I meant, can victini learn v-create or blue flare in this hack?
... Read alien's post again.
No 5th generation moves == NO 5TH GENERATION MOVES == 5th generation moves are not in this hack.
V-Create + Blue Flare are 5th generation => They are not in the game
Some moves are in game (like Dragon Pulse) but these 2 are not that prominent to be included.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #2661    
Old July 25th, 2013 (12:38 AM).
SuperSmashBrosU SuperSmashBrosU is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
Ehhh.........thanks well, now I have another question. When I use stealth rock it says "Spikes has been scatter" and doesn't affect flying type. Why?
  #2662    
Old July 25th, 2013 (12:42 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 12,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSmashBrosU View Post
Ehhh.........thanks well, now I have another question. When I use stealth rock it says "Spikes has been scatter" and doesn't affect flying type. Why?
Because it has spikes' characteristics.
Spikes is ground move => does not affect flying types.
It's simply another Spikes with different name.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #2663    
Old July 25th, 2013 (03:44 PM).
SuperSmashBrosU SuperSmashBrosU is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
Well, is Toxic spikes at least in this hack?
  #2664    
Old July 25th, 2013 (11:05 PM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 12,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSmashBrosU View Post
Well, is Toxic spikes at least in this hack?
4th generation move => not present or edited in weird matter.
And don't ask about every move you find.
If you want, ask through VM.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #2665    
Old July 27th, 2013 (09:38 AM).
SuperSmashBrosU SuperSmashBrosU is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
Okay this is my last question. How do you evolve freebase? I tried water stone I looked in the evolution list and nothing. So how does feebas suppose to evolve in this game?
  #2666    
Old July 27th, 2013 (10:25 AM).
Charmanderlover Charmanderlover is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Chicago IL USA
Gender: Female
Posts: 23
im having a problem my tm case has a bug im trying to teach my poliwrath surf but it freezes
  #2667    
Old July 27th, 2013 (02:20 PM). Edited July 27th, 2013 by yuu.aice.
yuu.aice's Avatar
yuu.aice yuu.aice is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 1
My Won't My Female Gible Evolve She is already , A Level 24 Pokemon it start evolving and it ends with " .....? " , Please Help me.

Why won't my Female Gible Evovle , She's already Level 24 , It start evolving and it ends with " .....? " and it still doesn't evolve.
  #2668    
Old July 27th, 2013 (04:26 PM).
thebluecrab's Avatar
thebluecrab thebluecrab is offline
Sign Language is Handy
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Yes Town
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSmashBrosU View Post
Okay this is my last question. How do you evolve freebase? I tried water stone I looked in the evolution list and nothing. So how does feebas suppose to evolve in this game?

When you get to Level 30= Milotic
  #2669    
Old July 27th, 2013 (07:31 PM).
greenking13's Avatar
greenking13 greenking13 is offline
LORD OF ZHERRY
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 48
Alright, I really wanted a shiny gyarados so I used the Shiny Code (GameShark Code) so I could catch a shiny Magikarp, yet I noticed that a lot of pokemon when shiny have vague outlines of them and strange coloring, yet none of them are their shiny coloring. I ignored it (Because I was mostly encountering Gen 4+ pokemon) but after I caught my Magikarp and evolved it to Gyarados, it had the vague appearance. Is this because the game doesn't have shiny sprites? Or that it only has a few? (I noticed that Wobbefett and Magikarp looked right.)
­
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

  #2670    
Old July 28th, 2013 (10:27 AM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 12,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmanderlover View Post
im having a problem my tm case has a bug im trying to teach my poliwrath surf but it freezes
Wrong ROM, you need to repatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuu.aice View Post
My Won't My Female Gible Evolve She is already , A Level 24 Pokemon it start evolving and it ends with " .....? " , Please Help me.

Why won't my Female Gible Evovle , She's already Level 24 , It start evolving and it ends with " .....? " and it still doesn't evolve.
For some reason, you don't have National Dex. That blocks any non-on-Kanto-data Pokemon from evolving.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #2671    
Old July 28th, 2013 (11:11 PM).
greenking13's Avatar
greenking13 greenking13 is offline
LORD OF ZHERRY
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 48
I just wanted to know, what would you guys use the two master balls on? At the moment I just caught Celebi, Jirachi, and Mew, but am having trouble with Deoxys. (I know that Jirachi and Deoxy have the same catch rate but still...)
­
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

  #2672    
Old July 28th, 2013 (11:51 PM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 12,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenking13 View Post
I just wanted to know, what would you guys use the two master balls on? At the moment I just caught Celebi, Jirachi, and Mew, but am having trouble with Deoxys. (I know that Jirachi and Deoxy have the same catch rate but still...)
Giratina xD
There are no Pokemon that require Master Balls
You can catch every legendary with Ultra Balls.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
  #2673    
Old July 29th, 2013 (12:53 AM).
greenking13's Avatar
greenking13 greenking13 is offline
LORD OF ZHERRY
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 48
I know Gira isn't supposed to be caught. I was just wondering which y'all would choose. I was thinking Deoxys because of it's dang recover. Oh and I finally caught it!
­
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

  #2674    
Old July 29th, 2013 (10:37 PM).
pokemontrainerkevin pokemontrainerkevin is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 2
can somebody please tell me where chimchar is at! and piplup, i would like to know where all the starters are at, but mainly chimchar and pilpup. some one help?
  #2675    
Old July 29th, 2013 (11:23 PM).
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami Satoshi Ookami is offline
Memento Mori
Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 12,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenking13 View Post
I know Gira isn't supposed to be caught. I was just wondering which y'all would choose. I was thinking Deoxys because of it's dang recover. Oh and I finally caught it!
I answered :D I used it on Gira just for fun :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemontrainerkevin View Post
can somebody please tell me where chimchar is at! and piplup, i would like to know where all the starters are at, but mainly chimchar and pilpup. some one help?
Almost every location has a starter. If it's fire-like location, some fire starter will be there...
Check the guide for exact info.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:03 AM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.