The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old July 26th, 2013, 05:47 AM
PokeChris123
Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Quiet
As we all know, Black 2 and White 2 introduced The Pokemon World Tournament aka the PWT. Call it what you like! A place where you can challenge gym leaders and champions from differetnt regions. How do you prepare for the PWT? Do you use your champion team, or do you use a different Pokemon for the Tournament? Which tournament do you prefer (Kanto Leaders, World Leaders, Type Expert, etc., and do you do Single battle, Double battle, etc.?

Personally me, I use a different team then my in-game team. I use EV trained Pokemon, but most of the time, my team is usually just Aerodactyl, Lilligant and Vaporeon. I do not care for which tournament, as I like to go against all the different leaders and such. I always do single battle, since that is the kind of battle mode I am most experienced with

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4725-8396
Playstation Network ID: epic_oreo17
Nintendo Network ID: epic_oreo17

Pokemon Y Friend Safari - Flying: Woobat, Spearow, Hawlucha

Last edited by PokeChris123; July 26th, 2013 at 06:03 AM.
Old July 26th, 2013, 05:59 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I mainly do single battles, as well as Gym Leader battles and rental battles. I train different Pokemon species for the PWT (and the Battle Subway) to increase the variety of Pokemon I use.

Old July 26th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Meaii
The countdown begins ...

Nature: Gentle
I usually just play a tournaments with my overlevelled team on my ROM, 6 Level 95 - 97 EV'd and good natured Pokémon. It's mainly just a pastime for me when I get bored of Lucas begging people to go to VG and Wolf advertising the UU Battle Nights. >-<

23 days until~
Old July 26th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I mainly do the single battles in the PWT as it the only one I can get my pokemon to win.
Old July 28th, 2013, 10:55 PM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Used to go with whatever Pokemon I used in-game, and won all Leader Tournaments, except Johto, which proved surprisingly more difficult than the others. That's when I specifically EV trained for the PWT, and finally won it. Now that I've unlocked the Type Masters tourneys, I'll be playing those with both my champion Pokemon, and EV trained Pokemon.

I also like the Rental Master tournament a lot, where I try out other Pokemon I've never used before.
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
I don't usually go to PWT very much because of the horrible music, but when I do I usually select Rental Pokemon, which is arguably the best way to go if you're half way through your adventure and your Pokemon is not fully evolved or trained. I've always liked Triple Battles the best, because not only they give you more BP but also more excitement.
Old July 29th, 2013, 07:55 AM
zroc
Pokemon trainer

Nature: Modest
I only do single battles, i never have any luck in the double or triple battles. I normally use my in game team but had to create a special team for the johto leaders.

3Ds code- 3497-0110-1817

IGN: Zack
Old July 29th, 2013, 08:10 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Ive been doing more and more triple battles, my pokes that cant do doubles for some reason are great at triples
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links