Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page Pounce! - The Cat Pokémon Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old July 29th, 2013 (03:16 PM).
Momentai :D

Nature: Quirky
Create a cat Pokémon, hmm! I think I'd have to create one based on the legendary Cerberus. I know that's based on a trio of dogs, but imagine how cool that'd look replaced by something like lions haha. They'd look so fierce and powerful and firey and destructive and they'd really give a new name to cat Pokémon! I feel like Hydreigon was an attempt at this (though in dragon form) but if they really played on the flame and hellish element whilst adding a touch of cute to the pre-evolved forms, I think it'd be a great family. Just imagine how people would view felines with something like this on their side:

Spoiler:

A three-headed fire cat from hell. Badass. <3
Old July 29th, 2013 (03:20 PM).
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Sweet mother of a flamboyant flamingo, that would be a sick idea! I have actually seen depictions of Cerberus as a lion and it was pretty awesome.

I saw a Fakemon of a black cat, I think it was called Blackattus (not the best name...). It was based off of a wizard and it looked really cool. Basic, yet effective!

Maybe a cat with stringy or long fur to represent multicolored yarn would be really cute? :3
Old July 29th, 2013 (05:40 PM).
Resident Moon Fairy

Send a message via Skype™ to Starlight Sprite
Kitties!!!

Username: Starlight Sprite
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Luna (real name)
Pick a partner Pokemon (optional): Umbreon
Pick your partner's nickname (optional): Trixie
Your favorite real-life cat: Rex, who's sitting on my desk as I'm typing this. Though if we're not counting our pets, I'll go with the cougar/mountain lion.
Your favorite cat Pokemon: Full cat - Luxray Partial cat - Umbreon... I just realized that Blastoise has catlike ears too. O_o
An answer to the topic: It's a good question, and it also depends on somewhat on rarity and game availability I guess. Many of them actually have half decent stats, but suffer from a lack of movepool or bad typing. Persian's a great example of this, because it has decent stats and access to a very useful ability (technician), but doesn't learn many great moves, though Pay Day can be fun. Several of the others, like Shinx and Purrloin are intended to be "throw away" monsters like Rattata that are good in the early game, but get outclassed by other Pokemon later on. This hasn't stopped me from using some of them in the late game regardless. Luxray is actually pretty strong (but suffers from a lack of movepool), and Delcatty, while its stats are mediocre can learn a lot of interesting attacks via TM.
Old July 29th, 2013 (06:07 PM).
Throw a blanket over it!

Awesome, thanks for joining! Cougars and mountain lions are awesome, I think some even live a few hours of north of me haha xD Delcatty's stats are unfortunate, but its movepool is so vast with the right support I actually think it could be a threat in battle.
Old July 29th, 2013 (06:17 PM).
Resident Moon Fairy

Thanks! I wish I lived near them too. Sadly they don't live out in PA, but oh well. We have bobcats here, but you hardly ever see them. You're more likely to run into a black bear, which is not a cat.

And yeah, Delcatty can be useful in the game. Competitively it doesn't seem to match up, but it's very versatile against the AI since it can have such wide coverage. Assist is also a ton of fun to use, even when it messes you up spectacularly.

Gym Leader Korrina
Old July 30th, 2013 (08:47 AM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
Username: Cirno
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Janna or Cirno is fine! :)
Pick a partner Pokemon (optional): Skittyyyy
Pick your partner's nickname (optional): Vanilla
Your favorite real-life cat: House cats! I have one and love him to pieces.
Your favorite cat Pokemon: So hard to choose, but Skitty is the cutest, so. <3
An answer to the topic: I think I've seen this spoken about before in an older club and agree with what was said there. Cats and dogs are quite common animals and pets in real life so perhaps that was reflected upon in their Pokemon counterparts' stats? Just a thought. Makes some sense if you think about it~
Old July 30th, 2013 (09:13 AM).
Throw a blanket over it!

^ Yeah, but a lot of weak and common animals are great in competitive battle. Dogs tend to be stronger and more useful in battle. Apparently Stoutland is an amazing battler! And Arcanine should be, but I feel like the Fire Type isn't used very much because of the sensitivity to Ground and Stealth Rock? But that's for a different topic. Anyways, you're all signed up and thank you for joining! Your avatar is adorable, btw :3
Old July 31st, 2013 (08:57 AM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
I had to google Blackattus and it actually looks really cool, I would definitely train him if it were a real Pokemon. Link. And actually all their fakemon are cool.

So a new cat Pokemon! Purrito! Half cat, half burrito. Okay, no, that'd be weird. Or cute? Weirdly cute, probably.

And to go on the cute path, like Snowdrop with her yarn idea, how about something related to cat bells. Stage 1: a very, very tiny kitty Pokemon, with a big head and a fluffy tail and a huge bell. So huge, that if it was standing behind her bell, you'd only be able to see her head. Stage 2: it evolves into a Psychic Pokemon, about the size of a normal cat. And it keeps two bells floating around her. And it is mad at those who laughed of her when she was very tiny. She'd still have a fluffy tail. And still be very cute.
Old July 31st, 2013 (09:23 AM).
Banned

Nature: Docile
Username/Nickname: BlueEspeon
Partner: Espeon
Partner Nickname: Kitty
Favorite Real Life Cat: Grey cats. (Sorry I don't know )
Your favorite cat Pokemon: Espeon
Answer: Yes, it irritates me.
Old July 31st, 2013 (10:24 AM).
Resident Moon Fairy

I had an idea for a lion Pokemon a while back.(my concept predates gen4). When I get home l see if i can find my sketches of it. It was called Cuburn, and was a starter, typed Fire / Cosmic (new type for my fakedex, the other starters had them too; water/ sound and grass / dinosaur). It was a lion cub with a little flame on its head and a star mark. Eventually it evolved into Novalion and then Stellionne, getting a flaming mane and shimmering marks along the way. It focuses mainly on special stats. being a little weaker physically than the water starter (a sea serpent) and the grass starter (a tyrannosaurus).

Gym Leader Korrina
Old July 31st, 2013 (11:40 PM).
the pretender

Nature: Lax
Creating a new cat Pokemon, hmm. While Purrloin does certainly resemble a black cat, I'd be enthusiastic on seeing another one based off misfortune and being a sorceror's pet. Purrloin is just based off a normal, ordinary, pet-like one with a sassy attitude to be completely honest. If I remember correctly, black cats were considered great misfortune in the periods of the Middle Ages, so perhaps it could have an ability like Hustle, which gives it quite a huge attack for the sacrifice of accuracy. It'd be quite a serious Pokemon that likes to get down and rough and doesn't hold back. While I don't think I'd see it head-smashing the wits out of anything, anytime soon, it'd still have phenomenal attack to make up for the average stats of feline Pokemon. I'm thinking it'd be pretty agile too, quick on its feet. You kind of have to be, to survive as a stray cat for so long. Its only natural. I can't think of a good design right now, but yeah those are some thoughts.

Although I have to say a three-headed cat from hell would just be badass, it'd be like a counterpart to Hydreigon. I think it was based off of a hydra, another mythical creature. Gamefreak might find it not suitable to implement into the games but with demon-like hydras running around and possessed TVs, why not? It'd be pretty amazing to see. Liking all the ideas though, so far! :]
Old August 1st, 2013 (05:07 PM).
Banned

Sooo... am I in? No one's responded to me yet.
Old August 1st, 2013 (05:39 PM).

Quote originally posted by BlueEspeon:
Sooo... am I in? No one's responded to me yet.
The sign-up form is just a technicality so people know a little about you before joining and so that you can be welcomed into a club - you're a member from your first post regardless of whether you've been 'accepted' or not. :)
Old August 1st, 2013 (06:40 PM).
Throw a blanket over it!

I signed you up, BlueEspeon. Sorry for the wait.
Old August 2nd, 2013 (07:34 AM).
Banned

Thanks! Noooow... I have no idea what to talk about.

In real life I have a grey kitten.
I have no idea what breed he is

And sorry for making my Espeon's name so generic. I just named it the same name I gave him in Black 2.
Old August 2nd, 2013 (08:27 AM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by BlueEspeon:
Thanks! Noooow... I have no idea what to talk about.

In real life I have a grey kitten.
I have no idea what breed he is

And sorry for making my Espeon's name so generic. I just named it the same name I gave him in Black 2.
You're so lucky to be able to keep a kitten, our landlord doesn't allow pets, so I can't keep one right now. But someday...

And I actually have a Zangoose called Kitty too, in B2 as well, hehe. About your signature and avatar, that pretty blue, I also think it's cuter than the original green the shiny Espeon sports.
Old August 2nd, 2013 (08:28 AM).
Resident Moon Fairy

Grey kittens (or kittens of any color really) are adorable. Your cat may be an American Shorthair, which is one of the most common breeds stateside and come in many colors. It could be a mix as well.

My cat is a Bombay, he's all black except for copper eyes and he acts like a dog.

Gym Leader Korrina
Old August 2nd, 2013 (01:22 PM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by MIAU:
You're so lucky to be able to keep a kitten, our landlord doesn't allow pets, so I can't keep one right now. But someday...

And I actually have a Zangoose called Kitty too, in B2 as well, hehe. About your signature and avatar, that pretty blue, I also think it's cuter than the original green the shiny Espeon sports.
1. Actually Mitzi was a wild kitten but now she's a nice kitten. I hope my mom and dad let me (and my siblings) keep her.
It sucks that my Dad's allergic

2. coincidence. I bet there are a ton more people with a Pokémon named Kitty,.

3. Yeah, I would definitely prefer a blue shiny version.
Old August 2nd, 2013 (09:48 PM).
Resident Moon Fairy

Aww, I hope your dad lets you keep her too! Rex is my first cat, since my dad's also allergic and he didn't let me have one growing up (so it was one of the first things I did after moving out). I'm used to dogs since we always had them in the house, so picking a Bombay was kind of intentional. He's a great cat though and he's sitting next to me right now.

Gym Leader Korrina
Old August 3rd, 2013 (06:43 AM).
Banned

I wish I could have an Espeon in real life.
I wake up, there's an egg in next to my bed,
5 days later it hatches and an Eevee!
Old August 3rd, 2013 (12:47 PM).

But how would you make sure the Eevee became an Espeon? You'd need to make sure he's incredibly happy and yet be careful when to spoil him in case the extra boost pushes him over the edge during the night - not that being given an Umbreon is a bad thing haha. I think I'd rather have a Flareon in real life though, imagine how soft and warm it would be to hug
Old August 3rd, 2013 (12:56 PM).
Resident Moon Fairy

I have to agree that in real life I would love to own a Flareon. It would provide me with lots of warmth on a cold winder morning. But an umbreon would be awesome too. He could sit in my lap with me while I watch TV.

Gym Leader Korrina
Old August 3rd, 2013 (12:58 PM).
Banned

Um... uh... dang. I honestly can't guarantee if he becomes an Espeon, but I like them all
Old August 3rd, 2013 (01:02 PM).
Resident Moon Fairy

Actually, you could just make your Eevee sleep next to an Everstone, then take it away in the morning, and replace it at night. Problem solved.

Gym Leader Korrina
Old August 3rd, 2013 (01:14 PM).

Ahah, that's quite a good idea! I'd be devastated if my Eevee became an Umbreon or Espeon - they are still pretty cool but I would never want one as a pet. Does Espeon even have hair...? It'd feel so weird to stroke, it's really off-putting to me haha. Something like a Flareon or a Leafeon would be so warm and soft to the touch, I'd love to hug one of those whilst watching TV.

Sponsored Links