The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 29th, 2013, 01:08 AM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
I have been a fan of Pokemon almost my whole life. Ever since generation 1, hordes of Pokemon have had their turn in passing in front of me, having themselves assessed in terms of usability and design. Some passed through without a hitch, like Crobat, Metagross, Miltank, and Snorlax. Others passed barely. Unown and Lumineon to name a few. Nonetheless, they all passed. However, come the advent of generation V, I am sad to say I stopped one species in passing. It did not lived up to my standards and therefore it would never secure a spot in any of my team. Sure, its pre-evolution was good. It's design was simple and yet it's quite charming. Its older brother was just pure ugly.

Garbodor is a Pokemon I can never learn to accept. T.T

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old July 29th, 2013, 03:53 PM
The Chrono
Ragin' Cajun

Nature: Docile
Garbodor is extremely ugly, and I don't really understand Druddigon. I mean, what's his point? He's just a random lackluster Dragon. I like his design, too, so it bothers me that he is so nondescript.
Old July 29th, 2013, 07:35 PM
TreeKangaroo
Destroy gligar13vids!

Nature: Naughty
I hate/like(when I'm using one) the axew line, not because in design but when I'm battling one, they're a pain, same with Druddigon. Oh, and eelektross is annoying with levitate and made me want to chuck my DS across a wall. Basically, I hate tanks unless I'm using one.

The white treehollow was annoying because almost all the pokemon were carrying berries so my SE attacks couldn't do too much. And the veterans in Drayden's gym were annoying. I wish you could just push them off!

Last edited by TreeKangaroo; July 30th, 2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old July 30th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
Druddigon is probably the most annoying Pokemon ever. It makes me want to scream my head off whenever I see it! It is so ugly! And Eelektross is pretty annoying too, as you said, but one cannot REALLY add it onto the list by its design, but more on its unwillingness to DIE ALREADY!!! xD
Old July 30th, 2013, 02:33 AM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Rozu View Post
Druddigon is probably the most annoying Pokemon ever. It makes me want to scream my head off whenever I see it! It is so ugly! And Eelektross is pretty annoying too, as you said, but one cannot REALLY add it onto the list by its design, but more on its unwillingness to DIE ALREADY!!! xD
If you want Eelektross to die already, you should carry a Pokemon with Mold Breaker and Dig/Earthquake/Bulldoze in your team. I particularly recommend Haxorus or Pinsir.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

If you want to play, be sure to check the last page!

Too many Pokémon hacks are of the 3rd Generation, majority of them being FireRed. If you believe that the first two generations should be hacked more often, copy and paste this into your signature!
Old July 30th, 2013, 10:07 AM
BubbleBeams
Defeating Champions Since 1999

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to BubbleBeams
For me, I really am not a fan of Patrat/Watchog. I love Lillipup and Herdier, but I don't think that Stoutland was necessary, so I'm not a big fan of it.
I don't like the elemental monkeys, but I'm not a fan of monkeys in general.
I wasn't too thrilled with Pidove and it's evolutions.
Not a big fan of Darumaka/Darmanitan either.
I could have done without Garbodor, but it's not the worst Pokemon ever created.

Other than that I really loved most of the Gen V Pokemon.

&
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Ground
LeafGreen (8/8)|HeartGold (0/16)|Emerald (8/8)|Platinum (5/8)|White 2 (0/8)

Paired with ShadowExcadrill
Old July 30th, 2013, 04:02 PM
TreeKangaroo
Destroy gligar13vids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by man of steel View Post
all of them, as long as they are not kanto's
hmm but I do like the legendary one's zekrom and rashiram and that big guy emm I forgot his name, the one that is found in giant something
Says the one with a 5th gen trainer as their avvie.

I don't like the genies, unless their in their therian(?) formes. They're the same but with different tails and colors. Oh and the other one you're thinking of is kyurem.
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:49 PM
Airhead
Banned

The Fifth Generation Pokemon weren't so bad, but Game Freak didn't pour their love into it, like they did with Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander. I am heartily disappointed, but X/Y does look promising, which will hopefully bring back the magic!
Old August 1st, 2013, 06:08 AM
Red99
World Champion

Nature: Rash
Considering every generation has had it's share of "useless" or "ugly" Pokemon, I'd say the only truly badly designed Pokemon in the Unova were Tepig, Pignite, Emboar and maybe Druddigon, just because they could have been awesome, but don't look quite so.

Don't listen to all those rumors about me, I'm just your average everyday Pokemon trainer!
Old August 1st, 2013, 07:46 AM
TreeKangaroo
Destroy gligar13vids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Rozu View Post
The Fifth Generation Pokemon weren't so bad, but Game Freak didn't pour their love into it, like they did with Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander. I am heartily disappointed, but X/Y does look promising, which will hopefully bring back the magic!
Yeah, and the new type combinations look awesome. Sure psychic/dark is x4 weak to bug, but most bug moves aren't that great. MAKE ELECTRIC/PSYCHIC, AND GHOST/PSYCHIC. And the pokemon(so far) don't make me want to vomit. Except maybe mewtwo's new form. 5th gen had a lot of cool, unique combinations too.

That would be the awesome.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 01:22 AM
Unconditionally
Let Go and Just Be Free

I don't like Trubbish. It's a weird Pokemon and it's design is uuh weird. I also hated Basculin cause it was an ugly old mad fish haha.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 10:24 AM
TreeKangaroo
Destroy gligar13vids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDash View Post
I don't like Trubbish. It's a weird Pokemon and it's design is uuh weird. I also hated Basculin cause it was an ugly old mad fish haha.
The basculin thing is really true, especially since they're fast and can hit pretty hard.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 11:12 PM
yeahhhboiii

Nature: Relaxed
The Simi-Pan group. Awful.
Druggion. Can't stand it.
Stunfisk's cry sounds like 2 hours after Taco Bell, Herdier looks like it needs mental help, Vullaby makes me regret playing Pokemon, Emboar is ugly, Accelgor pisses me off.
Game Freak
Wat r u doing
Game Freak
stahp

Despite these White 2 is my favorite game ever.
Old August 4th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Aeroblast
웃웃웃웃웃웃웃

Nature: Serious
Vanillite and its evolutions grind my gear. Not only do they look weird, but they also have that stupid smile that makes anybody want to just do it in.

Trubbish and Garbordor... they're just what they are, pile of trash.
Old August 4th, 2013, 08:38 AM
DakRo7

Klink and its designand high defense makes me rage everytime

Pidgey Park twitter pokemon news feed
Old August 4th, 2013, 09:44 AM
LyokoGirl5000
Lyoko Princess

Nature: Careful
Basculin. Every time I surf, Basculin. Every time I fish, Basculin. I want some good Water types!
Old August 4th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Whyvile
Questions the typing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyokoGirl5000 View Post
Basculin. Every time I surf, Basculin. Every time I fish, Basculin. I want some good Water types!
Oh my god thank you.

Like, oh my flipping dog, Basculin's sheer existence is... pointless. All it has going for it in design is... alternating color schemes? And as for attacking? Well, I can see it being Rough Skin Fodder, after a quick Aqua Jet, but that's still worthless!
Old August 6th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Airhead
Banned

Basculin is unusually powerful, for some reason. Some reason 'Take Down' is far more powerful then usual, like if you use 'Leer' Basculin will soon be slapping your face with it's tail, for crying out loud! xD Well, my analogies lack awesomeness, so don't mind me. :X
Old August 6th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Nolafus
Aspiring Writer, or something

Nature: Calm
Not a lot of pokemon are ugly to me, but there are a few in gen 5 that didn't exactly win me over.

Garbodor/Trubbish - It's been stated a million times before, they tried...
Druddigon - Yeah, the design just didn't click with me.
Vullaby/Mandibuzz - I felt like they could have looked so much better.
Watchog - Those eyes, those creepy eyes...
Old August 6th, 2013, 09:38 AM
BloodFrostX
Stealth Rocking since 1996.

I should have known a lover of gen 5 should not have come here...

Vanillite 4 life
Old August 6th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Apple Juice
who are you

Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice
Garbodor was a unique concept, that's for sure. I would also venture to say that some more thought could've gone into the Vanillite line designs. Other than that, I thought Unova contained some rather nice concepts and most of the pokemon were aesthetically pleasing to me.

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Old August 7th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Volcarona
Follow my rainbow

I was having a random battle on the battle server today when I had Klank on my team. I thought it was the final evolution, but nope, it was the middle stage. What was the point of this family line? It gains more gears upon evolution... It could have stopped at one evolution. Its final evo is still very weak. I dunno, I just expect a little more versatility or utility when the Pokemon has two evolutions.

Same with the ice cream family, I can hardly spell their names and know their differences. They gain ice creams cones! What.... Kinda cool Pokemon, unimaginative family line with weak stats overall. Vanillish was a pain to raise. I wanted to like him, but I couldn't despite raising him to level 50. :c

Oh, Druddigon was the Pokemon of the day, but he is okay. Although he's an eyesore, he's never disappointed me as much as the Klink/Vanillish families.
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Aslan
B.A.M.F

Nature: Relaxed
I hate Stoutland. Lillipup and Herdier are absolute cuties and I was expecting a lot from its final evolution when nope, this huge odd-defying dog appears with a grumpy face. I just hated it and was completely unimpressed. It was way too big for my liking and no dog should be that size. Ever. Swoobat just makes me sigh in exasperation, the concept was okay but the design wasn't the best thing I've ever seen. Garbodor is just... well garbage. Apart from being a bag of trash its just uncreative, it wins the prize of worst Pokemon of that generation. Arguably though, I felt that Seismitoad and the monkeys also looked terrible. They weren't very fun Pokemon to use either to be honest.
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Kyros
Watching carefully

Nature: Impish
Muk, Garbodor, whats the difference, they're both piles of human waste. I always hated Beartic just for being a wannabe Ursaring.
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Airhead
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
I hate Stoutland. Lillipup and Herdier are absolute cuties and I was expecting a lot from its final evolution when nope, this huge odd-defying dog appears with a grumpy face. I just hated it and was completely unimpressed. It was way too big for my liking and no dog should be that size. Ever. Swoobat just makes me sigh in exasperation, the concept was okay but the design wasn't the best thing I've ever seen. Garbodor is just... well garbage. Apart from being a bag of trash its just uncreative, it wins the prize of worst Pokemon of that generation. Arguably though, I felt that Seismitoad and the monkeys also looked terrible. They weren't very fun Pokemon to use either to be honest.
Haha, Stoutland was kinda disappointing, but then again... super powerful, good defense, attack, EVERYTHING! xD Lilipup is just like an average puppy, but then again... I LOVE PUPPIES!! :D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links