• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon Gym Designs!

What Region carries the best Gyms? (and battle fields)

• Kanto.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Johto.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Hoenn.

• Sinnoh.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Unova.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Ransei.

• Pfft. What kinda question is THAT? -___-

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nakala Pri

My last thread died some time back, so I am here to renew it! :P If somebody else made another, feel free to kill this thread.

Anyways, what Gym design would you have and what Type would you specialize in, plus what Pokemon would you have?

And in the Pokemon games, what was your most favorite Gym?

Mine is totally Roxie's! Imagine having an underground Gym where you sing and rock it out all night! :D

I would have a hidden maze deep inside a beautiful forest, except this one would have rumored electricity coursing through it... and the ivy and plants were POISON!!! Dundundun!

I would have Scolipede,

Pikachu,

Luxio,

Ivysaur,

Nidorino,

Electrike.

What would you have? :P (Conquest set up is optional).

Years
During my play of Platinum , I really admired all of Sinnoh's gyms. So i would like to be let's say in a gym similar to Crasher Wake. Man I just love those planks idea in the gym. The design should also be a maze filled with booby traps of trainers , high level wild encounters etc. My team would be a Diversity containing these

Salamence
Metagross
Garchomp
Blaziken
Rhyperior
Lucario

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
My favorite Gym would be the Humilau City Gym. It had palm trees and giant lily pads. What more could you ask for?

If I had a Gym, it would be underwater in a dome, similar to the Marine Tube. I'd have palm trees in the dome and plenty of coral and marine flora outside of the dome. I'd use a Water type team consisting of:

Wailord
Jellicent
Octillery
Empoleon
Crawdaunt
Kingdra

Nakala Pri

Sounds good, every one! I like the sound of 'em all! :D

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
My favorte gym has to be blaines one in R/B/Y/FR/LG as it a choose of battling the trainer or get a riddle correct.

I would have Dojo themed gym with traps for trainers to try and work out to get past.
my pokemon would be:

Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Hitontop
Crobat
Muk
Shedninja(it has ninja in it's name so why not)

Sirfetch’d

I'd have an underwater gym in which you must ride your Pokemon to. There would be a water-like puzzle to reach me and I would have a team of 4 water type Pokemon.

Jellicent
Gyarados
Gastrodon
Starmie

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Unova obviously had the best gyms. It had the most creativity in it and the 3D is quite awesome. My favorite was Skyla and Elesa's Gym.

If I were to make my own Pokemon Gym my Pokemon would be:

- Infernape
- Blaziken
- Aranine
- Emboar

The Gym would have a lot of flames in it and like lava on the ground so you'll have to go inside these small volcanic looking objects and it'll shoot you to different places til you reach the gym leader.

swift13

taylur swift
Years
fav gym - humilau city gym bc... i just love humilau ok

if i were to have a gym
type - ghost
-spiritomb
-haunter +eviolite
-mismagius
-golurk (signature pokemon)

the gym would have invisible spirits blocking your way to the leader
some of the spirits would be trainers

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
Favorite Gym - Blue's Gym from HG/SS I love how you had to use those tiles which move you around.

My Specialty - Like Blue OFC

Heracross
Sceptile
Electivire
Gengar
Arcanine
Glaceon :P

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
Being the dragon lover that I am, I found the Opelucid Gym in Black and White to be awesome. Climbing your way to the top of a dragon? So cool :D

If I had my own Gym I'd have to roll with my dragon team of course.

Garchomp
Flygon
Salamence
Dragonite
Altaria
Haxorus

I think I'd do something similar to the HG/SS Azalea Gym, but a Salamence would carry you around the gym instead of a Spinarak

Years
My favourite gym was Elesa's second gym, in Black 2. That was just so cool, the fashion show, with the music and the lights, argh, I loved it.

I'd run a bug-type gym. It'd be dark and creepy. As you progress, you realise that it's dark because every wall is covered in live spiders. When you get to me, the gym leader, the spiders move and a spotlight appears around us as we battle. Badass right?! :happy2:

Here's my bug team (same one I use in Black 1):
1002606_194380850728776_1298533648_n.jpg

Nakala Pri

Super cool designs, guys! Keep it up, 'kay? ^^ And to Quetzal, I say... EPIC!! :D

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
I would have a gym in the Johto region where you have to surpass different obstacles with teamwork with your pokemon. I'd also maybe have a gym in every region using region exclusive pokemon.

My pokemon:

Houndoom
Scizor
Steelix
Kingdra
Crobat
Tyranitar

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My favorite gyms are the ones from Unova. Their obstacles were very challenging, in my opinion. ^^" Anyway, if I were to have a gym, then it'd be gigantic. It would be completely dark there. Every time you defeat a trainer in the gym, one of the lights will lit up and lead you to the next trainer. My team would consist of dark-type Pokémon only, and they'd be Zoroark, Weavile, Shiftry, Spiritomb, Houndoom, and Drapion.

Nakala Pri

My favorite gyms are the ones from Unova. Their obstacles were very challenging, in my opinion. ^^" Anyway, if I were to have a gym, then it'd be gigantic. It would be completely dark there. Every time you defeat a trainer in the gym, one of the lights will lit up and lead you to the next trainer. My team would consist of dark-type Pokémon only, and they'd be Zoroark, Weavile, Shiftry, Spiritomb, Houndoom, and Drapion.

Very nice idea, Haze. It sounds awesome. c: (I might just steal it)... >:D Just kidding, I'm not that evil. :P

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Sinnoh's gyms are my favorite. :)

1. Although many people criticize Roark for being redundant, I saw it as necessary. Gamefreak wanted to introduce Sinnoh's Underground early in the game (it was essentially the new multiplayer secret bases), and having a gymleader introduce it was nice. After triumphing over rocks, you get the ability to use HM Rock Smash.

2. Gardenia is one of my favorite gymleaders. Despite grass being one of the class types, we didn't have any other grass gymleaders in other regions (despite Hoenn having both fire and water.) Being next to the Eterna Forest was appropriate. After triumphing over plants, you get the HM Cut to remove plants out of your way.

3. Fantina, a gymleader whointroduced us to the local contests.

4. Wake, who introduced us to the new safari zone (the great marsh, al beit not very water-y)

5. Byron. I thought it was really neat how he was related to another gymleader, and they both made use of the fossil type pokemon as their representative pokemon. Strength-rocks are more durable than rocksmash-rocks, so it made sense that you got HM Strength for beating him.

Aaaand overall, I just liked all of the remaining gymleaders, too. :D

Years
Unova of course, they all had different designs on the outside to begin with, and the fact they usually double as another facility, usually reflecting the other occupations the Gym Leaders in Unova do. Elesa's one in B2/W2 really stands out for being a literal catwalk with that awesome music, but Roxie and Marlon's Gyms are not bad either. And not to mention how serene Burgh's Gym in B2/W2 is with those cocoons which is definitely better than the giant honeycomb he had in B/W.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I prefer Hoenn gyms. I like that style of puzzle, that wasn't too worn down by fancy graphic cutscenes (like Unova was) AND introduced the first double gym battle!

Nakala Pri

It's been really fun listening to your opinions, guys! Seriously, those are really creative idea's. c:

Back