• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Gifted Talents

Years
You may answer any of the 3 questions below:

1. What talents do you have and kept to this day?
2. What talents do you use to have in the past?
3. What talents do you wish you've had?

People are special in ways, and we use our gifted talents to show what we can do.

For Q's 1 and 3, respectively, I have art skills; I draw really well on traditional style. However, I only wish I could dance better and make costumes.

Last edited:
Years
1) Martial artist and pianist.

2) I used to be a pretty good chess player but years without practice have most likely dulled my ability. I was also better at card games like Bridge than I am now, again due to a lack of practice.

3) I wish I was good at making clothes and stuff for cosplays. Also wish I was more talented with a katana. Probably a whole bunch of other things but I'll leave it at that.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
1. Like O07, I'm pretty stealthy. I've snuck into my parents room on more than one occasion to reset the wi-fi while they were asleep. I can even make a drink in the dark and be super quiet about it. I can also apply logic to, really, any situation and make it sensible. Of course the people around me don't usually agree to my methods :P

2. I used to be able to put my leg behind my head. If I did that now I'd probably pull a muscle since I'm not as limber.

3. I want to be a better singer. I'm okay at singing now, but I've got a deep singing voice contrasting my not-so-deep normal voice. I sing bass and I wanna sing... whatever the middle pitch is for guys. I think it tenor?

Years
1. I'm a pretty good dancer, even if I do say so myself, as I have done so competitively for several years and have begun to help with coaching (and am working towards a proper qualification). I pick steps and technique up really quickly. I'm also pretty good academically and I have been told I'm good at giving advice (but I think that's just because I really know the people who ask). I was going to say that I'm apparently funny, but it's not really a talent since I can't do so on command.

2. I used to be really good at chess but I stopped practising and ran out of opponents. I'm still reasonable to this day but nowhere near as good as I was. There are some other things I'm forgetting to.

3. I'd love to be a decent singer, or have the ability to write out stories better.

Years
I don't even know, to be honest. Dx

I used to play violin from 4th grade through 8th grade. Could have possibly been in my high school's orchestra if the music instructor wasn't rude and if I was placed into it (like I signed up for).

I wish I could have been athletic in any sport, and I wish I knew how to play piano.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
According to other people, I can draw well. I don't necessarily agree most of the time. I:

I really don't know of any that I had before. I would say hiding in small places to scare/freak out other people, but I still can do that.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I can sing and dance extremely well. I also can sound like a duck.

I used to play chess and violin. I'm not sure how good I'd be at either now. It's been a few years.

I wish I could draw. All of my friends can. Also wish I could sew because my friends can do that too, and we love to cosplay.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Crap. I'm'a look like a huge bragger in this post :\ ...

Way too many, and they're sometimes to my advantage and sometimes to my disadvantage:

✰ I pick up languages extremely easily. I can understand and use words by context without a dictionary. I hear it once and can pronounce it the same way. I hadn't taken Spanish in four years, but because I'm fluent in French (not my mother tongue, mind ye) I was basically able to speak Spanish very well and with confidence, as well as write and pretty much answer any question thrown my way. My grasp of languages has been an attractive quality for teachers over the last few years; teachers who, busy with their work, have asked me to tutor, teach classes, mark papers and even come up with new assignments on their behalf. Might seem like they're taking advantage of me, but wanting to be a teacher myself I am inclined to agree to it all!

✰ Being good at languages also means I'm good at writing lol I wrote a 30,000-word book at thirteen followed by another book much longer - 88,000 words (Think: Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone) - at, again, thirteen but proof-read on the computer at fifteen. I've won school English awards for writing in the past, and I am currently working on a rewrite of the 88,000-word novel with some changes and quirks to perfect character development and render the scenario and plot more complex.

✰ I can speed-read and only extract what's important. Good for university and studying, I'd say. Give me any novel of interest with around 250 pages or so and I'll have it done within 2-3h.

✰ Give me half an hour with a piano, flute or ocarina and I'll have at least one video game theme learnt i.e. Mario theme, WindWaker opening theme, etc. without sheet music. Summary: I have an incredible "ear" for music that allows me to learn to play without actually having learnt to play, just because I can recognize notes well.

✰ Going alongside that, I think I sing pretty well since I hear notes and can typically sing them at the same pitch (if too low or too high, I'll do an octave higher or lower to go with my vocal range). My dad picks on me a lot, especially about much lower songs that I sing higher, but I do believe I have a good voice. Sometimes, when I sing overlapping other songs, I can't even hear the original because the pitch is spot-on and makes the two indecipherable from one another.

✰ Math concepts. My memory is poor, but I can learn a concept very quickly (so says my teachers); just retaining it for the next day is hard. Compound interest usually took my math teacher a week and a half to teach to her students, but I picked it up in a 30min session.

✰ I can never really be unhappy or depressed for too long, especially at work. I'm always been told that I'm the happiest, brightest, cheeriest and perkiest person there. Co-workers and clients alike don't understand how on two hours of sleep, I can be the most pleasant, kind and patient person in the store at 7am. Just the fact it's 7am and I'm like that surprises them lol I can make people who are angry about store policies or their service feel respected and appreciated at the end of the complaint or dispute. Maybe it's not really a "talent," but to be able to make others feel amazing - even if you're not over the moon yourself - is very important and special for me.

✰ I used to be pretty good at art. I drew dragons and a really realistic eye. I'm sure if I applied myself again, I coud learn new techniques, etc. and be a marvel of dA. Shading is probably my forte.

✰ Although I have a keen ear for music, I've never actually tried to compose. I just don't have the time. I wish I had the passion for it, and if the talent isn't there for that part, then the talent for it, too.

✰ I'd love to be better at logic games like chess or Go. My IQ is high up there, but I've never really played these even though they are of interest to me. I remember losing in chess all time against my dad when I was ten or so, though lol Although one time, I took his queen and he was o___0!

✰ If my singing isn't as great as I think it is, then I'd like to be good at that, too! But who knows...

✰ Sports, especially soccer and hockey. I was always on defense because I can kick far, or on goalie even though I'm not the greatest runner and I'm scared to throw myself into the ball's way to block it. We won a miniature hockey tournament at my school, though when I was thirteen, but that wasn't so much talent as teamwork.

Not sure what else to put :x maybe I'll edit later, if I can think of something...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Parkour, Martial Arts & Graffiti

I used to be a beast in drawing, but I stopped that after a while :C (Being good at drawing and being good at graffiti are two completely different things)

I wish I could be a good musican, I suck HORRIBLY at instruments >.<

Years
1. I can do a lot of cartoonish voices, I'm a comedian, I've been told that I'm an excellent writer and I play the Trombone.
2. I used to be able to put my leg behind my head and I used to be able to break-dance.
3. I wish I could fly an airplane, because I'd like to have a replica of a Spitfire (A fighter plane that the British used in WWII)

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
I'm pretty good at drawing cartoonish things. I can draw humans as well, but I think they look weird. I'm also pretty good at English. And cooking. And I'm quite flexible.
I used to make crafts for homemade gifts. But nowadays I don't even know what to make for my family.
I wish I was more athletic. I do...decent...at sports. And play the piano or any wind instrument.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Hahaha, dude, I've spent most of my life building talents. My future is based on it.

I'm not going to say any of the few that I personally believe I have, but I'll name some I used to.

-Strong Swimmer
-Multitasking, ×5
-Fast Reader (I read 'The Three Musketeers' in five days when I was 12)
-Word-for-Word memory
-Highly Stealthy

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years

writing stories,Dancing and Singing...i loved singing since i was 4 years old ..i used to sing at my school and some friends parties but stopped by the end of high school because i'm grumpy...i still sing from time to time though

Again singing...and drawing anime characters

i wanted to be a programmer,car racer and fashion designer..i can do crochet but need to learn more about sewing and planning to

TY

Im massively good at RTS games, i can sense opponents thoughts and counter to them (this works 9/10 times).

Appearantly that used to be drawing... Im still good, but most of the time i draw stick persons

I wish i was a better RTS map designer and modder. I love that stuff and i did that since i was 8 years old, yet i wasnt that great.

Years
1. I'm good at keeping my cool in an argument. I think I can disagree with a good attitude. I think I'm really good at keeping and talking to people in good faith.

2. Self-motivation. I get distracted easily nowadays. I used to be flexible too, but I'm bringing that back for le fencing. I think social skills too. I might have been sociable back in the day, but I'm afraid of the approach and rejection now :P

3. Dancing and singing. Oh, and fencing. Also the ability to motivate and commit myself. Learn to develop characters as I write. Get over writer's block.

Years
Umm.. Well, I'm pretty good at a couple of musical instruments (Eg, Bass/Acoustic/Electric guitar, Piano, small experience with drums, some music programs, the triangle (hehe..)). I also like drawing, I'm alright, not that great though, I like to just draw weird messed up trippy things (Sometimes stoner/drug related), skate boarding and some skills at making 16 bit graphics (I used to make custom Mario sprites for a fan game that let you add them in), and well.. I'm not really sure what else.

2.What Talents do you use to have in the past?
I never really had any talents when I was littler.. I suppose making people laugh a lot, but through out the years, I've kinda stopped being the class clown, due to majority of people turning out to be pricks and I just hate being around most of them (But the ones I'm comfortable with and good friends, we make each other crack up :P).

I would like to be good at singing, because I love doing it, but I'm just not good, it would be nice to have a good singing voice (And I don't mean like, opera high pitch, punk or rock style would be good. Eg Billie Joe Armstrong or Anthony Kiedis). I would also like to be a better drawer, people say I'm pretty good so far, but sometimes my drawings just turn out weird and not very good compared to actually good people haha. :P

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Ummm...
I guess I have talents for both playing the piano and composing it, people tell me (I've posted a couple compositions with a bit of positive feedback, haha) - apparently I have a good singing voice as well, but I don't see it; the way I see it is that I sing in a punk band so it doesn't matter whether your voice is good or **** it'll still sound good for the genre. I guess I've also kinda picked up the drums and the guitar a bit, as well, but I doubt that counts as a talent. I'm also an okaaayish songwriter; I'm not amazing though, and usually talent for that comes through experience rather than nature.
Natural talent-wise (more on the gifted side), I have perfect pitch. As in, play me a note on the piano and I could 9 times out of 10 tell you what note it is or, if it's a chord, what key it's in. Though sometimes it's really difficult. -.-

I never really lost any talents I don't think because I still use and cherish the few that I have.

I wish I could pick out bodily signals and social cues better, even though that's not really a talent. I'm not as bad as I was, but all my mates have a knack for it and get with so many girls because of it and I usually just get left behind.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I'm a talented artist, musician, and software designer. I have a keen eye for solving logical problems and developing algorithms that others may have difficulty with. I'm not the best programmer but if programmers need a solution to put into code they come to me.

Same as now, really. I wasn't as well polished though. Practice makes perfect.

Better speaking abilities and people skills :p

Back