Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page Scariest Video Game Enemy?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old July 28th, 2013 (01:59 PM).
but innocence is gone

Nature: Bold
Dead Hand, Redeads, Wallmasters. OOT was scary.

I used to be terrified of Master Hand as a kid. Probably from the evil laughter before the boss fight...

I also used to be terrified of the Witches from Left 4 Dead. Not so much anymore, but I still nope the hell out of there when I hear crying.

Splicers still give me jumpscares in Bioshock and my first encounter with a Little Sister was terrifying until I found out they were actually innocent.

I refuse to play scary games or watch horror movies because I'm guaranteed to have nightmares for weeks and/or be sleep deprived no matter what movie/game it is. So I don't have very many enemies to say.

And hopelessness is sinking in
And the wolves all cry
To fill the night with hollering

credit
Old July 29th, 2013 (07:39 PM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
Uboa from this one game(forgot the name), you turn off a light, there's a chance of uboa appearing, and you can't escape and everything turns creepy with like eyes watching you and stuff.
Old July 30th, 2013 (11:12 AM).
Pokemon trainer

Nature: Modest
Pyramid head from silent hill. Just hearing the great knife scrape across the ground was enough to make me stop playing alone. Pretty much anything from silent hill was creepy.

3Ds code- 3497-0110-1817

IGN: Zack
Old July 30th, 2013 (01:54 PM).
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by TreeKangaroo:
Oh yeah, it's my birthday today!:D
First of all, happy birthday! Looks like I'm late but yeah glad you put it up here so people can see it

Back to the topic, first thing I'd say the "shadow people" from Silent Hill 1 (the ones who actually attack), they're like transparent game models but you can see their outline a bit black-ish, but since the game is already extremely dark they're invisible like 90% of the time...
Also the little babies/zombies from the school in the game, I suddenly find 2-3 of them in front of me & one grabs me making it impossible to attack while the other waits until the first let go then takes his turn right afterwards... If I don't kill at least 1 of them quickly with the gun before they approach me then I'm done for.
And the mutant creatures from the sewers, they descend from the ceiling in a blink of an eye & attack with sharp claws, not to mention that they're pretty fast & I barely escape them considering that I'm a normal guy & not a stunt man.

Oh and...
Quote originally posted by zroc:
Pyramid head from silent hill. Just hearing the great knife scrape across the ground was enough to make me stop playing alone. Pretty much anything from silent hill was creepy.
I've seen him in the movie only but he freaked the hell outta me! I wonder how he's like in the games...
Old July 30th, 2013 (02:09 PM).
Average Hatter

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by TreeKangaroo:
Uboa from this one game(forgot the name), you turn off a light, there's a chance of uboa appearing, and you can't escape and everything turns creepy with like eyes watching you and stuff.
Is that the thing from Yume Nikki that looks a little like a derpy Scream?

I would say the Gatherers from Amnesia were pretty scary, but they've been worn out. Sure, the weird dangling jaw and the massive claws were kind of frightening at first, but the craze has kind of settled.

If anyone has played "The Witch's House" (The first horror game I played and actually was afraid of) the legless girl in the end gave me a flip -- anything that can crawl THAT fast without the use of legs shouldn't EVER exist.

I rather enjoy horror games, but not very many are that frightening. A lot of them have great story lines, but that's about all I've ever seen them offer aside from the random jumpscare. I liked "The Witch's House" so much because it played with the atmosphere and rooms when you went backwards.
Old August 2nd, 2013 (01:32 PM).
To end a 21 error streak, just press F5.

Nature: Adamant
Those Buzzes from Donkey Kong Country 3. Zingers were pretty cool but why do these robotic bees have to replace them? Robotic insects are disgusting and very scary. Oh, and also, if they're robotic, how come they are practically found everywhere?

"<TLCNU> Escavalier literally is 2HKOed by Stoutland Fire Fang, Metang was undoubtedly the much better choice."
SuperSkarmory | Serebii | AMA | Rock-type Club #Respect4Rhyperior #Respect4Garbodor #Respect4Tangrowth #FreeAegislash2015
Old August 3rd, 2013 (07:38 AM).

Charzard hahahahahaha he scares me
Old August 3rd, 2013 (08:45 AM).
You seem rather drunk
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by monks1692:
Charzard hahahahahaha he scares me
I wouldn't classify Pokemon as enemies, especially Charizard, considering it's us that normally use it over other trainers using it against us.
Old August 4th, 2013 (04:59 AM).

Nature: Docile
This may sound very weird, but in Donkey Kong 64 there were these moments where you could go inside a log cabin to do a mission, and if you ran out of time, a deep voice out of nowhere would say "Get out..." And a crosshair would appear on the screen. 10 seconds, instant death. It kinda freaked me out, haha. And in freaking Donkey Kong!
Old August 4th, 2013 (05:17 AM). Edited August 4th, 2013 by .:batto:..
Pokébreeder

Hands down.

Ocarina of Time's Redead's

The scream & how they followed you really got to me as a kid. I HATED the castle grounds as grown up Link.

EDIT: GHOULS. From Fallout New Vegas. As i used to turn down the brightness inside when i knew Ghouls were inside. As i knew it would make things scarier as you would here WHACK! out of nowhere.
Old August 11th, 2013 (04:07 PM).
Ignore me, I'm socially inept.

Nature: Sassy
I admit with my more morbid tendencies, the creepy things don't tend to scare me. But I will tell you, the shadow people and manipulations from Alan Wake terrify me. ; A; For some reason, the thought of only being able to kill them with light from a limited life flashlight and bullets from a gun with limited, hard to find ammo is the worst thing ever.

Old August 12th, 2013 (12:43 PM). Edited August 12th, 2013 by Peitharchia.
& having to receive it

Andross from Starfox 64 was a scary one. When battling against him, he looks at you with his big eyes and smiles. That terrifies me. Also, when you finally defeat him, his brain and eyeballs manages to survive and starts attacking you. The guardians from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword were also pretty scary. There were mace guardians, and then there were flying guardians. In the game, you had to collect Sacred Tears from the Silent Realms without disturbing them. If they catch you, then you'll be required to recollect all of your Sacred Tears from the beginning.
Old August 12th, 2013 (05:00 PM).
Crystal Tier

Idk what they're called, but the zombies in uncharted. they scared me so badly D:

"Blue Slime"
Dragon Quest

Theme
Gallery
FC
Trade
PokeEggs!

Old August 13th, 2013 (05:24 PM).
who are you
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice
Ganondorf from the Legend of Zelda series tops my list. His concept is simply horrifying, haha. Right down to his bright red hair and vomit-colored skin. The way he carries himself in the games and portrays his views on the world definitely fit the bill for an evil ultra-lord. His schemes to steal the princess and obtain the full Triforce are always diabolical, but the bright side to it all is a strong villain always makes a game that much more interesting. I would even go so far to say that it motivates me to get through the game and defeat him! If you can pull off a character with that kind of effect on gamers, all the better for the game. Personally, I think Ganon's one of the many reasons why LoZ is so popular.

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Old August 16th, 2013 (03:49 PM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
Oh wait I learned that Giygas was not based off that. The story of how he was thought of goes like this:
The creator was in the movie theaters and he accidentally went into the wrong movie and he heard a bloodcurdling scream and he thought it was r***, and traumatized him, when it was actually like murder. That's why when you damage giygas more, he gets bigger, and you start to notice a fetus shaped thing.
Old August 16th, 2013 (05:16 PM).
but innocence is gone

Quote:
EDIT: GHOULS. From Fallout New Vegas. As i used to turn down the brightness inside when i knew Ghouls were inside. As i knew it would make things scarier as you would here WHACK! out of nowhere.
This! I've only played Fallout 3, but Ghouls TERRIFIED me. They still terrify me now. Except for Gob in Megaton, he's my bro.

Quote:
This may sound very weird, but in Donkey Kong 64 there were these moments where you could go inside a log cabin to do a mission, and if you ran out of time, a deep voice out of nowhere would say "Get out..." And a crosshair would appear on the screen. 10 seconds, instant death. It kinda freaked me out, haha. And in freaking Donkey Kong!
I HATED THIS! Is wasn't just in a cabin, I remembered it happening in a Temple, and other parts in the game. It's scared me so much.

And hopelessness is sinking in
And the wolves all cry
To fill the night with hollering

credit
Old August 18th, 2013 (06:56 AM).
In the trunk on Highway 10

Nature: Impish
I once accidentally refused to pay Kecleon in PMD. It was freakin scary. The Kecleon is beyond powerful, super-fast, and will call on its entire family to massacre you. I tried putting the items back, but apparently Kecleon takes it as a grave offence.
Helga: Look Phoebe, you gotta snap out of this. I mean, criminy, it's not like it's the first time you ever farted. Heck, when you sleep over you do it all the time. You rip 'em all night long, they stink to high heaven. It's all I can do to keep from passing out.
Phoebe: Just get out.
- Hey Arnold
Old August 18th, 2013 (11:47 AM).
BLARGHBRAAHH
Gold TierCS

Nature: Naive
Bears in Assassin's Creed 3. Those guys can swim, and they can attack you underwater, but they're FRIKIN INVISIBLE.
Old August 18th, 2013 (08:19 PM).
Who wants poffins? :3
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
No contest, it's the Regeneradors from Resident Evil 4. They've been the only bad guy that made me phase out for a second in fear. x_x
Old August 18th, 2013 (11:43 PM).
#britanna

THE FRICKIN SPIDER ENEMIES IN RESIDENT EVIL 4

OH MY GOD

Those things are terrifying beyond measure. The first time I saw one, I was all like "nope nope nope nope nopenopenopenopenope" and just ran away aND THEN IT JUST CAME FROM BEHIND AND STARTING STABBING ME WITH ITS WEIRD FRICKING SPIDER DEATHS LEGS AND I WAS LIKE THRASH-PRESSING EVERY SINGLE BUTTON I COULD AND OH MY GOD I THREW THAT GAME OUT AFTER THAT NO NEVER NOT HAPPENING SORRY NO WHY DO THOSE THINGS EXIST JUST NO.

Also, anything in the Dead Space series that removes part of your body or cuts it off - nope. Not happening. Or those disgusting things that throw up on you and make you die from vomiting. That's not creative, that's just nasty. Wank-ass game devs.

Old August 19th, 2013 (12:14 AM).
Uh, I didn't do it
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Witches in Left 4 Dead.

Banshees in Mass Effect.

Deathclaws in Fallout: New Vegas (THEY RUN IN PACKS DAMMIT... PACKS OF FREAKING MOVING SLASHY DEATH MONSTERS. NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE.)

EVERYTHING IN DARK SOULS.
Old August 21st, 2013 (11:54 AM).
Arose from Darkness
Silver Tier

As a Kid The piano on Mario 64 allways made me jump, never trying to get that red coin EVER again
Old August 21st, 2013 (12:07 PM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

Everything in Bioshock.

I'm so jumpy and terrible at aiming that every loud thing to jump out the dark was terrifying.
Old August 21st, 2013 (12:07 PM).
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Silver Tier

Nature: Serious
Tyrant from the first Resident Evil.

And every giant spider in any game ever.
Old August 21st, 2013 (12:11 PM).
No title to see here, go away
Crystal Tier

Spiderants from Borderlands 1.

They popped up straight in front of me, which scared the crap out of me, Also the Spiderant King (which is pretty large) jumps on you, which is terrifying D:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)