Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old July 21st, 2013 (11:06 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by LCCoolJ95:
And, I'm making my own update for the game. I figured out how to add over 100 moves to Light Platinum. I'm doing it as I write this, and Pokedex entries...that I could try to fix as well
And... do you have Wesley's permission?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 22nd, 2013 (07:28 AM).
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Ash493:
And... do you have Wesley's permission?
I'm not going to release it. Sorry if it came off like that. I'm just doing my own personal updates. I wouldn't release it without Wesley's permission. Besides, I don't think I could contact him, since he's very busy with real life.

Fairy-type in Pokémon Emerald: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8185719&postcount=288
Old July 22nd, 2013 (08:42 AM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by GorzToken.
GorzToken
:^^^^^^^)

How do you evolve Electabuzz?
Old July 22nd, 2013 (09:39 AM).
greenking13
LORD OF ZHERRY

Level to Lv. 40. Might drop a few levels when you evolve him.

Also, small thing, when you are about to dive on victory road, it has the text in the original language. (Portuguese or Spanish?) It's only when you don't have dive on a pokemon, when you do, it's fine.
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

Old July 23rd, 2013 (12:04 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by LCCoolJ95:
I'm not going to release it. Sorry if it came off like that. I'm just doing my own personal updates. I wouldn't release it without Wesley's permission. Besides, I don't think I could contact him, since he's very busy with real life.
I see. Well... that's good.

Quote originally posted by greenking13:
Level to Lv. 40. Might drop a few levels when you evolve him.
That ought to be fixed...

Also, small thing, when you are about to dive on victory road, it has the text in the original language. (Portuguese or Spanish?) It's only when you don't have dive on a pokemon, when you do, it's fine.
This also should be fixed... Are you sure you have the final version?

Old July 23rd, 2013 (03:11 AM). Edited July 23rd, 2013 by greenking13.
greenking13
LORD OF ZHERRY

I believe so, it is almost all in English. (Except for the mentioned section.)

If not tell me, because some of the things I am about to say might have been fixed.

There are berry trees just before entering Kosaka City and when you enter Kosaka on the very first tile, you can see the trees shift colors to a pink ish color.
When you enter Kosaka City, follow the fence on the bottom and the second tile of the fence, you step on a grass spot.
Keep following the fence and when you hit the second house, it will appear as if you are standing on the house.

I will post pics, if I ever get to be able to. And find out how to copy the VBA screen.

EDIT:

http://imgur.com/a/ojb5T/all

There we go. If I run into more errors, I will update and probably say I updated the album.

Oh, and the trees stay like that, unless you continue into the town, if you go towards the trees, they stay like that.

EDIT #2:

I feel like an idiot. I thought that it was the final version, but it isn't. The way I double checked was by looking at the IPS fixes (What they fixed in the newest version) and noticed that growlithe could now learn Lava Surf, but when trying in my game, Growlithe cannot learn it. Suppose I'll have to start over... (After putting in 30+ hours too!)
I'll edit when I have the newest version.

Alright, I believe I got the right version this time. Also, adding one of the most obvious graphics glitch I've noticed so far to the album.
Old July 23rd, 2013 (04:08 AM).
Monkeycraft

You should add the tranformation ability to the zorua in esmerald city
Old July 23rd, 2013 (08:49 AM). Edited July 23rd, 2013 by wildex.
wildex

Quote originally posted by Surge360:
Whenever i patch This rom to pokemon Ruby it says the file has been patched but when i open the file i patched in vba it is just a white screen. And i have downloaded the pokemon ruby rom form 2 different places

I know exactly what you talk about, and even setting the 128 kb thing didn't work either, but finally I could do it; download the already patched game from here: pokemon-gba.wen.ru and keep in mind to have set the Emulator> save type> in flash 128 kb. Good luck man!

Quote originally posted by jradams11:
Ok, so Ive managed to get my hands on a working Portuguese version, which I downloaded as a pre-patched GBA, since none of my attempts to patch the file myself were successful, popping up that blank white screen as usual. Any way to find a similar English version, or get the one I have to run as English? So close!

I know exactly what you talk about, and even setting the 128 kb thing didn't work either, but finally could do it, download the already patched game (ENG) from here: pokemon-gba.wen.ru and keep in mind to have set the Emulator> save type> in flash 128 kb. Good luck man!

Also maybe video> render... > and select "open GL".
Old July 24th, 2013 (12:06 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Monkeycraft:
You should add the tranformation ability to the zorua in esmerald city
You know that cannot be implemented into 3rd generation ROM, right?

Old July 24th, 2013 (06:49 AM).
greenking13
LORD OF ZHERRY

Not to sound greedy (Or like a know it all) but couldn't there be a way to make a cosmetic form of ditto's transform. Possibly make it to where whenever engaged in a battle, Zorua checks for the pokemon in last place and it's cosmetic appearance shifts to match? (Tell me if I'm wrong, I actually am wondering if this is possible.)
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

Old July 24th, 2013 (09:41 AM).
Hound of Justice
Banned

Nature: Naughty
I heard that some people are working to fix bugs on this hack was a new version released or snakebytes final version is still the latest
Old July 24th, 2013 (11:26 AM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Snakebyte's is still the latest. I got bit by Animal Crossing so vanished unexplained for a while. I'm still in there. I still intend to get minor fixes out.

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 24th, 2013 (11:40 AM).
SDJumpluff

Great game! Probably the best rom hack I've ever played. I'm on the second gym in the Lauren region and here's my team so far:

Snorlax lv. 63
Abomasnow lv. 64
Charizard lv. 65
Lucario lv. 66
Swampert lv:66
Electivre lv 70
Old July 24th, 2013 (09:54 PM).
Erenussocrates

Guys, I need help for stuff. I've joined here with hopes to solve this problem.
I downloaded the Light Platinum hack and got it work. But I can't heal my starter at the lab in Yellow City, and I tried any other way to heal for free, lookt every corner of the small town but found out that I cannot heal my pokemon without sacrificing either the MAX potion or the milk. Did I download the old version? And I don't know what "IPS" is. There were like two different kinds of downloadable files in site, one being normal VBA file and the other is this IPS file. Is that the fix? I need fast solution guys, I will be waiting, help would be much appreciated.

Edit: By googling it, I found out that IPS file is a some sort of patch something file, means that it is the fix. Now I need to know how I could use that file to fix the game? Will I just put it in the same folder as the VBA file?
Old July 24th, 2013 (10:27 PM).
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote originally posted by Erenussocrates:
Guys, I need help for stuff. I've joined here with hopes to solve this problem.
I downloaded the Light Platinum hack and got it work. But I can't heal my starter at the lab in Yellow City, and I tried any other way to heal for free, lookt every corner of the small town but found out that I cannot heal my pokemon without sacrificing either the MAX potion or the milk. Did I download the old version? And I don't know what "IPS" is. There were like two different kinds of downloadable files in site, one being normal VBA file and the other is this IPS file. Is that the fix? I need fast solution guys, I will be waiting, help would be much appreciated.

Edit: By googling it, I found out that IPS file is a some sort of patch something file, means that it is the fix. Now I need to know how I could use that file to fix the game? Will I just put it in the same folder as the VBA file?
You should see a Nurse Joy in Yellow Town who heals your party. She is just before the first route.
No, IPS file is a patchable file which should be patched on a respective ROM.
Old July 24th, 2013 (10:46 PM).
Erenussocrates

If I could post URL right now, I would show you what I downloaded in order. (damn the regular stuff)
But in the version which I downloaded had no Nurse Joy in Yellow Town.
Firstly, I downloaded the english version of GBA from his official site. (wesleyfb.blablabla)
I fixed the white screen with the help of the video, got the game working.
Then I downloaded english version of the IPS file. And I don't know what to do with it right now. Could you just guide me throughoutly about how I could patch it? Because I'm pretty sure that I downloaded the old version.
Old July 25th, 2013 (12:09 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Erenussocrates:
If I could post URL right now, I would show you what I downloaded in order. (damn the regular stuff)
But in the version which I downloaded had no Nurse Joy in Yellow Town.
Firstly, I downloaded the english version of GBA from his official site. (wesleyfb.blablabla)
I fixed the white screen with the help of the video, got the game working.
Then I downloaded english version of the IPS file. And I don't know what to do with it right now. Could you just guide me throughoutly about how I could patch it? Because I'm pretty sure that I downloaded the old version.
Yes, you downloaded the old version.
For patching, refer to the FAQ of ROM hacking section.

Not to sound greedy (Or like a know it all) but couldn't there be a way to make a cosmetic form of ditto's transform. Possibly make it to where whenever engaged in a battle, Zorua checks for the pokemon in last place and it's cosmetic appearance shifts to match? (Tell me if I'm wrong, I actually am wondering if this is possible.)
Yeah... with brutal ASM routine that would first need to add one ability to prevent collision with Ditto's Transform and then rewrite MOVE into ability...
No one will want to do that...

Old July 25th, 2013 (01:17 AM).
greenking13
LORD OF ZHERRY

Yeah, I didn't expect it to actually happen, was just wondering if it was even possible while using the gba platform.

Thanks for answering my question.
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
Pokémon Platinum Red
Pokémon Platinum Blue
­

Old July 25th, 2013 (11:10 PM).
kunzumixon

guys, i need some help...im using an emulator on my psp for gba, and im done with the first continent,when i got to the next one after beating the champ, on the second gym, the one thats using flying pokemons, i got stucked...

its so depressing thinking on restarting the game,coz i know that im so far in it...i've also tried using the walk through walls cheat,but it wont work, and thats the reason im wondrin if it works on npc guys too...

please help me...im stuck in the path with arrow signs directing you to ur landing place,and a trainer is blocking it,and theres no way i can get through...and i also dont have any back up files...please help me, im getting deppressed with this... ((
Old July 28th, 2013 (08:15 AM).
repyon

hello guys.. i want to ask about pokedex..
is it true the data from pokedex only from ruby? or the data can be patch to full pokedex? like no 1 is bulbasaur not treecko.. thx b4
Old July 28th, 2013 (10:22 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by repyon:
hello guys.. i want to ask about pokedex..
is it true the data from pokedex only from ruby? or the data can be patch to full pokedex? like no 1 is bulbasaur not treecko.. thx b4
I have no idea what you're asking but... if you are asking whether the Ruby Pokedex can be upgraded, then if I remember it can... sometimes... but yeah, you start with Ruby-like Pokedex.

Old July 28th, 2013 (05:48 PM). Edited July 28th, 2013 by Rob Ketchum.
Rob Ketchum

unfortunately, im in the same situation.
i tried using the walk through walls code, but it does not seem to work.
tried putting a space in between 2 and 5 as well like others have suggested, but nothing
Dx
(in regards to catching celibi)
Old July 29th, 2013 (11:41 AM).
jamespkmntrainer1

I'm playing this game right now I enjoy it!
Old July 30th, 2013 (06:30 AM).
teloops

I downloaded the file "Light Platinum (English) Final.ips" from the link in Snakebyte's signature, on page 280 of this thread, but it is not in English. I play it and it appears to be in Portuguese. Is there a link to an English version?
Old July 30th, 2013 (11:15 AM).
simonrule18
Iwant to create my own pokemon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to simonrule18 Send a message via Yahoo to simonrule18
hello guys is there any news about pokemon light platinum x?

Sponsored Links