The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old July 30th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Duster90

I been digging some information about this part of game mechanics. As far as i can find is Technique Points a part of early concept of pokemon game, As shown in several Capsule Monsters sketches, Pokémon were originally planned to have a stat called TP, presumably short for Technique Points, with each move requiring a certain amount of TP to use. Of course this is more reasonable than PP. For Instance, an Azumarill which already used several times of it's Hydro Pump move(assuming Hydro Pump move require a lot of TP to preform it) should no longer able to perform any moves later due to it's depleted TP. Apart from that, the usage of Ether will be more reasonable and the game itself will become more dynamic if this game mechanism is implement.

(Pardon me for my bad english and hope you get what i'm trying to state here)
Old August 1st, 2013, 04:43 PM
dd409
For the Swarm!

Nature: Lax
So basically instead of having a limited number of uses for individual moves, this system would have some sort of mana equivalent and each move would deduct a certain number of TP from the poke's overall pool.

While that is an interesting idea mod-wise, I wouldn't be a huge fan of using it in any hacks of my own. The mana system has been done in almost every other rpg out there. Coding wise, you'd need to add in another HP-like stat for every pokemon, have some way to visually represent the TP pool, add support for EVs and IVs in this stat, change each move to have a TP requirement... not impossible, but a whole mess of work to do.
Long ago, the 90's Nicktoons lived together in harmony... then everything changed when the 2000's attacked. Only Avatar, the best of the new Nicktoons could save them. But when Nick needed it most, it finished. Four years passed and Mike and Bryan created a new Avatar: Legend of Korra. Although the show itself is great, it has a long way to go before it can live up to the Last Airbender. But I believe Korra can save Nickelodeon.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links