The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 31st, 2013, 09:05 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky!

Intro
Welcome to 21 Orange Swablu in the Sky, the challenge dedicated to everyone's favourite Petilil Queen! This challenge was my Secret Santa gift from AlexOzzyCake so hopefully you'll like it; we expect it completed too! ;) Alex asked around and stalked my profile to find out some of my favourite things, so hopefully this challenge should be catered perfectly. To benefit the many challengers we have here on PC, the challenge has been edited by me to make sure all games are open as an option for this event. This challenge is also to commemorate my 21st birthday. Hoorah!

Rules
  1. You must use a team of 6 Pokémon.
  2. The challenge ends once Rival/Red/Steven/Cynthia/Ghetsis/Iris has been defeated.
  3. No hacking Pokémon or RNGing perfect stats, but RNGing for pretty shinies is fine!
  4. You can play on any game you'd like but I suggest BW2 for diversity.
  5. Trading Pokémon is fine for all Pokémon and eggs, just make sure you're not trading them in at ridiculous levels.
  6. No room for HM Slaves in the final team, but feel free to use them until you've gathered all 6 Pokémon.
  7. Your team must be complete before reaching the E4.
  8. Final updates must be posted no later than August 31st 11:59 Central Time (GMT -6).

Your Team
  1. Petilil! - Where would the queen be without her favourite subject? Not playing a game with Petilil? You have these choices instead: Jolteon, Umbreon, Blaziken, Altaria, and Luxray.
  2. A true Alabamian! - A Pokémon representing the lands of home in Alabama! What you choose is up to your discretion, however make sure that you don't choose it for an offensive reason.
  3. Crimson Tide striker! - The most important part of any football game is keeping safe, so you'll need a Pokémon with the Rock Head ability to withstand all those tackles! If your game doesn't have abilities yet, just use a Rock or Steel type of your choice.
  4. Team mascot! - The mascot is an important part of any team so you'll have to do Big Al justice by choosing a tusked Pokémon for your team! No tusked Pokemon in your region? That's okay. I have another university mascot up my sleeve. Use a bird that can put up a good fight, like a fighting gamecock.
  5. The marching musician! - This stray team member wandered away from their marching band and is now your's to train, but make sure you get their strictly Red and White uniform correct! If none of these are available to you, you're free to use a Pokemon from either the red color group or the white.
    Spoiler:
  6. A plushie Pokémon! - I have a large collection. You have to use one of mine, however you must leave it in its first stage. No evolving! You can't use the legendary plushies either. If you run into a conflict on picking one, just lemme know!
    Spoiler:

Not in picture: Mantyke, Meowth, Vaporeon, and Cobalion...not that the last two matter but I'm just showing off!

Ultimate Challenge
It's no secret that I don't like blue and orange together, so in order to complete the ultimate version of this challenge you're not allowed to use a single blue or orange colored Pokémon in your team. I also make it clear that I love strange move sets, so the other condition for the ultimate challenge is that no STAB moves can be used unless nothing else is available at the time. Egg and move tutor moves are encouraged! And since this is a challenge for my 21st birthday, which is the age you can legally drink in America, you must also immediately use any vitamins you get (including Rare Candy) and also gamble, if your game has a Game Corner. Have fun!

Raffle!
So what was that "something extra" I've been talking about for a while now? This challenge has a raffle! If you participate, but do not complete the challenge, you're entered in a raffle for a shiny Swablu! If you complete the challenge, you're entered for a shiny Altaria! Neat huh? I will randomly select three from the group of participants for the Swablu and one for the Altaria. By "participate" I need to see that you've actually been doing the challenge, even if you don't finish. So if you sign up for the challenge thinking that that's how you're going to get a shiny Swablu, then that just won't cut it! Also note, if you participate and complete the challenge, you're entered for both the Swablu and Altaria. If you win the Altaria (as I'll be drawing those winners first), you're removed from the Swablu raffle, since that wouldn't be fair. Basically, by completing the challenge, you get two raffle tickets. Sound good? Good! This raffle will be Gen V only so if you don't have a gen V game or no wifi for me to trade it to you, then I'm sorry. But you're still free to enjoy the event, as there is still an emblem and a fun journey that awaits you! Oh, and for the record, I'm not entered in the raffle. Because I'm RNGing the prizes, I already have both! ;)

Challenges / Swablu lv. 1

(Name of your choice) / Altaria lv. 35

Statistics and move to be determined later when I have the time to RNG these bad boys!

Sign-up form
Username: Sydian
Game: White 2
Ultimate: No
Gen V FC for raffle: 1234-5678-9012 (note: that's not my real fc so don't add it! lol)

If you don't have a gen V game or are unavailable to trade over wifi, just omit the FC part of the sign up.

Challengers
Spoiler:
Sydian - White 2
kirax7 - White 2 - Ultimate
jszeide - White 2 - Ultimate ★
Kravex - Platinum ★
KagamiChan
Myrrhman - Blue/Silver/Sapphire - Ultimate
Fenneking - Red/Silver/Ruby/Diamond/White 2
LilJz1234 - Ruby ★
BinaryPeaches - Crystal ★
Bob III - Sapphire
JNathan - HeartGold
Samurott01 - Ruby ★
WarriorCat - White 2
atif - BlazeBlack 2
GoldenRayquaza - Silver
NecrumWarrior - Ruby ★
waveguidebuizel - HeartGold ★
phsyi1 - Ruby
Para-Dox - LeafGreen
11wildy - Crystal ★
jdthebud - FireRed
Ahri - Black 2
vaporeon7 - Yellow
AlexOzzyCake - Pearl
Comet7 - Platinum ★
Hackii - Black 2
kosuke - Emerald
Riv - FireRed
Inkblots - FireRed
waters_echo - Crystal
Kanea - HeartGold
Janp - White 2
chaoticlapras - HeartGold
trotz59 - HeartGold ★

Champions
Spoiler:
Fenneking
WarriorCat
KagamiChan
AlexOzzyCake
Janp
11wildy ★
waveguidebuizel ★
waters_echo
LilJz1234
jsziede ★
Kravex ★

Challenge and CSS by AlexOzzyCake and edited by Sydian.

Blood will have blood.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and elheroeoscuro

Last edited by Jak; September 4th, 2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old July 31st, 2013, 09:23 PM
kirax7

Nature: Jolly
signing up xD
username:kirax7
game:white 2
ultimate:yes
i also have a question xD how can i choose the "a true alabamian"? also isn't Altaria part blue? xD thanks >.<
:D
Ultimate Psychic Monotype: Kanto-Johto-Hoenn-Sinnoh-Unova

Completed Challenges:
Ultimate Normal Monotype
Ultimate Ground Monotype
Ultimate Bug Monotype
Ultimate Fire Monotype

Last edited by kirax7; July 31st, 2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old July 31st, 2013, 09:30 PM
Wobbu
Not actually a whale

Nature: Relaxed
Username: jsziede
Ultimate: Yes
Gen V FC for raffle: 0090 0168 7327

This sounds like fun, I'll definitely join! And that friend code is for my Black 2, is that ok?

My planned team:
Spoiler:
Petilil!

Petilil

A true Alabamian!

Whimsicott

Crimson Tide striker!

Aggron

Team mascot!

Haxorus

The marching musician!

Zangoose

A plushie Pokémon!

Drifloon

Last edited by Wobbu; July 31st, 2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: added team
Old July 31st, 2013, 09:35 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Yes, an FC for any Gen V game is fine! :)

Blood will have blood.
Old July 31st, 2013, 10:07 PM
Rauzo
Daddy Fat Sax

Nature: Calm
Username: Kravex
Game: Platinum
Ultimate: No im just new to this :'(
Gen V FC for raffle: 2280 4556 4789

Team (because urls apparantly hate me):

Petilil - Altaria
Alabamian - Roserade
Quote:
Scholars believe the word comes from the Choctaw alba (meaning "plants" or "weeds") and amo (meaning "to cut", "to trim", or "to gather")
Da Striker - Rhydon
Team Mascot - Walrein
Band Member - Rotom
Plushie - Togetic

Last edited by Rauzo; August 7th, 2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:08 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Horray event time!!!
Name: Myrrhman
Game: Blue (then Silver then Sapphire if I'm feeling up to it)
Ultimate: But of course
Gen V raffle: Unfortunately no raffle for me

Kirax7 raises a good point... is Ultimate impossible in 3rd gen since we need Altaria but can't use blue Pokemon? Since you don't like blue and orange together, wouldn't it make more sense to say you can only either have a blue OR an orange Pokemon? Because lets be serious, orange and white are the best two colors in existence GBO
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:15 PM
Wobbu
Not actually a whale

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
Kirax7 raises a good point... is Ultimate impossible in 3rd gen since we need Altaria but can't use blue Pokemon? Since you don't like blue and orange together, wouldn't it make more sense to say you can only either have a blue OR an orange Pokemon? Because lets be serious, orange and white are the best two colors in existence GBO
Hope that you can find a shiny Altaria lol. It looks more yellow than orange, right?

Last edited by Wobbu; July 31st, 2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: quote fail
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:52 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
Name: Fenneking
Game:Red, Silver, Ruby, Diamond, White2 (if I have time)
Ultimate: Nah
Gen V raffle: No thanks.
Teams: Listed Below. I'll start with Red for Kanto.
This sounds awful, but pretty much everything alludes to Alabama or "the South". I tried to put as many band or musician references in as well.

Kanto
Spoiler:
Vileplume (Jessebelle) - Alabamian - Southern Belle/Pokemon Anime
Charmander (Auburn) - Plushie - City in Alabama
Goldeen (Paula) - Marching - "Paula-Deen" She's from Georgia, but I thought this would be hilarious, plus she covers southern cuisine.
Jolteon (Sydian) - Favorite - Sydian
Rhydon (Bama) - Striker - The 'bam' in Alabama.
Pidgeot (Skynard) - Mascot - Lynard Skynard - Sweet Home Alabama

Johto
Spoiler:
Jumpluff (Ginny) - Alabamian - Cotton Gin
Corsola (Colonia) - Striker - Original colony + coral colonies as a defense.
Cindiquil (Sunny) - Plushie - Alabama is quite sunny!
Umbreon (Sydian) - favorite - Sydian
Piloswine (Tuskee) - Mascot - Tuskegee City in Alabama, contains 'tusk'.
Delibird (Faith) - Marching - Hope for a white christmas + for all them faithful and devout.

Hoenn
Spoiler:
Roselia (Rosa) - Alabamian - Rosa Parks, Notable Alabamian (also southern belle aspect).
Torchic (Cajun) - Plushie - Spicy hot chicken, southern food.
Walrein (Tuscaloo) - Mascot - Tuscaloosa City of Alabama, contains 'tusk'.
Altaria (Sydian) - Favorite - Sydian
Aggron (King Coal) - Rock Head - Nat King Cole, Notable Alabamian, alludes to coal.
Vigoroth (Fetti) - Marching - Confederate and Football Victory Confetti.

Sinnoh
Spoiler:
Cherrubi (Sweety) - Plushie - Sweet Home Alabama
Rapidash - (Dixie) - Marching - (Closest to Red/White), Heart of Dixie
Empoleon - (Cotillion) - Alabamian - Southern Ballroom, resembles a formal tuxedo.
Luxray (Sydian) - Favorite - Sydian
Rhyperior - (Colt) - Striker - John Coltrane, Jazz Musician from Alabama.
Piloswine - (Spearit) - Mascot - Spear + Team Spirit

Unova
Spoiler:
Petilil (Sydian) - Favorite - Sydian
Emboar (Barby Q.) - Mascot - Southern Comfort Food. (First time picking Tepig!)
Jellicent (Banchic) - Alabamian - Spirit of a Southern Belle. Banshee + chic.
Munna (Geopi) - Plushie - GOP, elphant mascot.
Zangoose (Whitney) - Marching - Eli Whitney, inventor of cotton gin
Aggron (King Coal) - Striker - Nat King Cole

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)

Last edited by The Dark Avenger; August 3rd, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:56 PM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

I'll join in soon too, i just don't have my FC for the signup right now and i still need to beat the victory road and E4 on White 2 for my monotype before i can start

On the Alabama thing: I know nothing about Alabama except a country song
Edit: After skimming the Wikipedia page, i gathered that it is a state with: Farming, Christians, Thunderstorms, Republicans and Tornadoes.

Last edited by jespoke; August 1st, 2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old August 1st, 2013, 05:40 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Hey Syd, I decided to participate in your challenge. Just sitting around doing nothing will just make things worse and I will keep thinking about my problem. So I just have to do stuffs I like so I won't have to think about it

Also, I had a hunch that the month of August + a challenge also meant something that was related to your birthday, haha

Username: LilJz1234
Game: Ruby
Ultimate: No, Steven is already hard enough.
Gen V FC for raffle: 3139 5301 2909
Old August 1st, 2013, 06:28 AM
Jak
@ dark eco

If you're playing ultimate on gen III and can't use blue Pokemon, you can use Blaziken instead. It's red. :P idk why he put orange though cause ~technically~ there aren't orange Pokemon, but oh well. I'll reply to this more when I'm not in a rush to get to work, but I just wanted to clear that up first. ...Is Luxray black or blue? Bleh, sorry, I'll have to check after work. The good news is that I'm off for a week after this morning guys! <3

Blood will have blood.
Old August 1st, 2013, 06:58 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Username: BinaryPeaches
Game: Crystal
Ultimate: Nah
Gen V FC for raffle: 4041 4100 8438

The team I picked out is going to be a challenge but it'll hopefully all work out. ♥ Also Luxray is classified as a blue Pokemon in the pokedex.
Old August 1st, 2013, 07:21 AM
Bob III
Person

Nature: Calm
Name: Bob III
Game: Sapphire
Ultimate? no
FC: N/a
Team
1 - Altaria
2 - Crawdaunt
3 - Aggron
4 - Walrein
5 - Vigoroth
6 - Blaziken

Current Challenges:

On Hold: (Don't have X/Y)
Water UMC (FR/C/S/D/W)
Dragon UMC (FR/SS/S/P/W)

Complete Challenges:
Squirtle->Wartortle->Blastoise Solo Run (FR)
Flying Monotype (FR)
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:29 AM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
I have to be there so hello!
Username: JNathan
Game: Heart Gold
Ultimate: No, I'd die.
Gen V FC for raffle: none

nathan @ vm | pm | FF.net | pairs | bishie
Old August 1st, 2013, 12:04 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Quote:
Edit: After skimming the Wikipedia page, i gathered that it is a state with: Farming, Christians, Thunderstorms, Republicans and Tornadoes.
Hahahaha. Brilliant. From that list, I would gather that you could use some sort of Grass type, Electric, or Flying. Republicans are represents by an elephant, which Donphan fits, unless you wanted that as your tusked Pokemon. Not sure what Pokemon would represent Christianity. :P We also have a diverse wildlife including deer, gophers, foxes, mice, raccoons, possums, crows, pigeons, falcons, and lots of different fish. Hopefully that helps on anything anyone else might be stuck on. I understand Alabama isn't really the most interesting place in the world, haha. It'd be easier to pick Pokemon if I lived in New York I guess. :P

Time to post my picks!

Self-explanatory...I'm playing White 2, Petilil is available...so here we go! This will be the second challenge event I use one and keep it as a Petilil, actually. Woo!

There's an abundance of wildlife here in Alabama, so I'm going with a fox! When I lived with my paw paw, we would put food outside for the foxes and we'd watch them from the windows. When my paw paw passed away, the fox came back up to the house even though all of the family was outside. He looked at the house as if to bid farewell to my paw paw. RNGing for shiny because I can. :)

I haven't used Aerodactyl since gen III, so this should be fun! I don't know how well Aerodactyl would fit into a football team, though.

Alabama's mascot is an elephant...this is as close to an elephant that we have in Pokemon, so naturally I'm choosing it! Like Petilil, this is the second time I've used this in an event challenge. And for the same reason, lol. I used him to represent my favorite team's mascot in last year's Challenge Bowl.

It's red and white and fiesty like us band kids! <3

I couldn't say no to the giant plushie Oshawott sitting next to me. ;o;

Blood will have blood.

Last edited by Jak; August 1st, 2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old August 1st, 2013, 12:27 PM
Mega Mawile

This challenge looks cool, so I'll try it. Plus, I want to be in on that shiny raffle (I love mah shinies).

Username: Samurott01
Gen V FC for raffle: 0476 9489 4052

I guess I should probably list my team so you know beforehand.

Team:
1. Blaziken
2. Beautifly
3. Aggron
4. Donphan
5. Zangoose
6. Pikachu

I picked Beautifly for the Alabamian because I really did not know what to do, and it turns out that the state insect of Alabama is the monarch butterfly, so it was good enough for me. I hope Beautifly works.

I guess I'll start right away. See you in my next update!

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
The NPC Trainer Challenge!
Old August 1st, 2013, 12:29 PM
WarriorCat
Monotype lover!!!!!

Nature: Serious
Username: WarriorCat

If I'm doing this right, this would be my team.
1(Petilil!): Petilil
2(A true Alabamian!): Sawsbuck
3(Crimson Tide striker!): Aggron
4(Team Mascot!): Haxorus (He is tusked, but if not allowed, then Mamoswine)
5(The Marching Musician!): Zangoose
6(A plushie Pokémon!): Zorua

Last edited by WarriorCat; August 1st, 2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: nevermind changed to Zorua!
Old August 1st, 2013, 12:36 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Yeah, I'll allow Haxorus as a tusked Pokemon. I understand that there really aren't that many, so it's fine by me.

Blood will have blood.
Old August 1st, 2013, 01:10 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
Username: NecrumWarrior
Game: Ruby (Because it's yur favorite region!)
Gen V FC for raffle: 2237-4962-6641

Prospective team:
1. Altaria
2. Beautifly (State bug is Monarch Butterfly :D)
3. Relicanth
4. Donphan (AWWWW YEAH NEVER USED ONE!)
5. Zangoose
6. Torchic (this was incredibly hard to choose)
Old August 1st, 2013, 01:15 PM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Despite all the challenges I'm taking on right now, I'll have to give this a go. Sounds fun! ^-^

Username: waveguidebuizel
Game: HeartGold
Ultimate: Yes!
Gen V FC for raffle: 4127-2835-9945

I have a question regarding Ultimate - I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I want to check first. By STAB, are you only including moves that do damage (attack bonus)? So moves like Leech Seed or whatever are fair game, no matter the user's type?

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old August 1st, 2013, 02:38 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
First Update
Crystal | Raven

My sister and I settled down and watched some TV so I found it a good time to start the challenge as well! So the journey began, picking my starter as well as my first Pokemon, a Cyndaquil named Quilt. My sister picked the name (she's picking all of them) but I couldn't help but realize that it makes sense considering that he's the plushie on my team! Did all the beginning stuff and after I got the Pokeballs from the assistant went up and eventually caught my tusk Pokemon. Considering how early in the game it is of course it is none other than a Phanpy who has been named Gumball! Also while on my way to Violet City I caught my third member: a Hoppip named Berry. Did the Bellsprout Tower and then went and beat Faulkner was quite an easy task. Now I'm currently in the Union Cave heading towards the next town. ♥

Berry (Hoppip) ♂ | True Alabamian | Level 14 @ Miracle Seed
Poisonpower, Synthesis, Tail Whip, Tackle

Gumdrop (Phanpy) ♀ | Team Mascot | Level 12
Tackle, Growl, Defense Curl

Quilt (Cyndaquil) ♂ | The Plushie | Level 14
Tackle, Leef, Smokescreen, Ember
Old August 1st, 2013, 03:47 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Quote:
I have a question regarding Ultimate - I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I want to check first. By STAB, are you only including moves that do damage (attack bonus)? So moves like Leech Seed or whatever are fair game, no matter the user's type?
Since AlexOzzyCake made it, I'm not sure what he wanted, but I'll allow it. I like funky moves like Leech Seed and friends. :3 So even if they match the type, if they're not doing direct damage, I'm totally fine with that.

Blood will have blood.
Old August 1st, 2013, 06:27 PM
physi1

Nature: Bold
Username: physi1
Ultimate: yeah, no.
Raffle: N/A

Planned Team:
1:Altaria
2:Mightyena (figure with all the farming, you need a few sheepdogs.)
3:Aggron
4:Walrein
5:Zangoose
6:Torchic

Also, no STABbing sounds like fun, so I'll try to stick by that.
Old August 1st, 2013, 07:39 PM
Wobbu
Not actually a whale

Update #1

Pokémon White Version 2 ▣ 21 Shiny Swablu in the Sky Ultimate

Team

Petilil!
Petilil • ♀ • Level 25
Silk Scarf • Own Tempo
Cut • Flash • Return • Frustration

Progress

Caught Petilil in the heart of Castelia City. Currently training it in Virbank City and eventually Castelia City so I can defeat Burgh. It won't be easy considering that a Level 20 Sewaddle can 2HKO it... After I defeat Burgh, I plan on trading my other Petilil for a Cottonee on Route 4. I'm kind of regretting my team choice because I'll be using only Petilil and Cottonee until I reach Mistralton City.

P.S. Burgh's gym is amazing.

Last edited by Wobbu; August 1st, 2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old August 1st, 2013, 07:49 PM
Espeon EX
Champion of Johto

.....Really? This challenge comes out while I am already doing one, and don't have another game to do it on? *Sigh* Oh well, good luck everyone, and may the odds be ever in your favor.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here