• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon Obsidian Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
Let's say i have a level 8 Mankey, and it dies after one fight... is this normal? or a rare occurrence? I am just wondering my chances of another member of my team dieing. Are your starter, and legendaries excluded from this phenomena or is a universal equal opportunity chance to bite the big one.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Let's say i have a level 8 Mankey, and it dies after one fight... is this normal? or a rare occurrence? I am just wondering my chances of another member of my team dieing. Are your starter, and legendaries excluded from this phenomena or is a universal equal opportunity chance to bite the big one.

You obviously need to train a mankey, at level 8.
As you would with any other pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Thank you, Atomic Reactor, for this wonderful free game!

The graphics are gorgeous.

I like that you are including some fakemon, but only a few. That's how I like it, personally.

I also was pleased to find that the gym battles were quite challenging (maybe I should have grinded more!), and I like that you can re-battle the last gym leader after you defeat the next one.

I've noticed a lot of little easter eggs, hidden items, and secrets hidden all over the world, which is always nice to have.

The miniboss battles with Pokémon on the overworld are pretty cool. I especially liked the scene where you encounter Marowak.

I love that the game has a day/night system. I don't know why Gamefreak stopped doing that after Gen2.

I do have some criticisms, though:

Some sound effects seem to be missing, such as the sound for having your Pokémon be healed by a nurse. Also, the battle music doesn't loop correctly. The song has a little introduction bit that plays when the enemy appears, and then is only supposed to loop after that part is over. In this demo, the music intro loops as well, which I am sure is not supposed to happen.

Most importantly, add a way to walk around Nidopoint woods after we've already cleared it. It's long, mazelike, and there is a random encounter every few seconds. Given the amount of backtracking this game encourages you to do, there needs to be a shortcut so as to not have to go back through those woods over and over.

Seems like good work, but the selection of Pokemon does seem a bit limited.
It is only a demo'.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Oh this is nice. Not to keen on the fakemon but I can live with it.I really like the battle backgrounds and how they change between day/night.

Can of Nothing

Loose Screw without Initiative
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2013
Some sound effects seem to be missing, such as the sound for having your Pokémon be healed by a nurse. Also, the battle music doesn't loop correctly. The song has a little introduction bit that plays when the enemy appears, and then is only supposed to loop after that part is over. In this demo, the music intro loops as well, which I am sure is not supposed to happen.

The music should all (hopefully) be replaced by me sometime, so don't worry. As for sound effects... I hope he gets to it? :pink_tongue:

I still haven't actually beaten the most recent demo yet, but I'm getting there, bit by bit. My album's more or less complete right now, so I'm trying to dedicate as much as I can to this soundtrack - expect a trailer up preeeeeety soon!

The music should all (hopefully) be replaced by me sometime, so don't worry. As for sound effects... I hope he gets to it? :pink_tongue:

I still haven't actually beaten the most recent demo yet, but I'm getting there, bit by bit. My album's more or less complete right now, so I'm trying to dedicate as much as I can to this soundtrack - expect a trailer up preeeeeetty soon!

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Yo everyone, don't know how many people check this out. But I can upload some screenshots later tonight, so I'd like to know what you'd like to see.

Either screenshots from the third Gym, which consists of the ice type. Or random shots from around the new city?

Also, I made a twitter account that will mainly tweet things about obsidian, Pokemon, and other games. So follow @atomicreactor if you're interested.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Yo everyone, don't know how many people check this out. But I can upload some screenshots later tonight, so I'd like to know what you'd like to see.

Either screenshots from the third Gym, which consists of the ice type. Or random shots from around the new city?

Also, I made a twitter account that will mainly tweet things about obsidian, Pokemon, and other games. So follow @atomicreactor if you're interested.

such a tough choice ~_~ I guess an exclusive look at the ice gym would be better than some town, since its so different (like everyone has towns, not everyone has ice) It would be interesting to see how you go about making it
I would follow on twitter but i dont use it :x good luck though :P

stella

Love. Honor. Truth.
Years
Hi there. I discovered this game around early 2012. I have never really been active on PokeCommunity as a whole, but I decided to see what was going on in Game Development because, to my understanding, this is where I find stuff with fakemon in them. I like fakemon because a lot of creativity goes into making them.

Anyway, I found your thread and watched your Youtube walkthrough. It really amazed me at how much you put into it. I went through a small phase when I was in highschool where I wanted to make a Pokemon game. xD It didn't last very long when I realized that there's more to it than just making sprites and art. I really enjoyed your walkthrough. I haven't tried the game myself because I try to only play stuff when it's completed.

Keep up the good work. I didn't know this project was still running. Congrats on finding someone who can make custom music too. I bet that's a nice touch to your game.

Oh yeah, I'd like to see the gym too if the town is very simple. I followed you on twitter! :D

Atomic Reactor

Well here's the gym. Unfortunately for you guys, the city that I would have shown off is bigger than any city known to date in the pokemon games, it is a large dark city with crime, gangs... and a bar. Idk, it would have been interesting, I swear!

How do you like these apples for your eyes.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Spoiler:

Amazing sprite-work by Aquakip, as always.
The gym itself actually looks a little boring, when you look at the first screenshot.
Couldn't you add a few rocks or ice pillars or other ornaments?

Still, keep up the great work man!

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Well here's the gym. Unfortunately for you guys, the city that I would have shown off is bigger than any city known to date in the pokemon games, it is a large dark city with crime, gangs... and a bar. Idk, it would have been interesting, I swear!

Spoiler:
How do you like these apples for your eyes.

{D:} you're kidding
looks like we've been dooped - oh well, the gym looks nice, but it seems a little boring (though I only see 2 shots of it) it seems like a mountain you climb - then again, if the ground is slippery and you have to climb the mountain it could make for the most annoying maze every - with the addition of trainers to boot x.x

however I do like what I see, fantastic work! keep it up, I just have to see more! haha

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2013
hey great game. ver y addictive, just curious when you'll be updating it again so I can go get my 3rd badge and so on :P

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
iunno if I totally like the idea of adding X&Y pokemon - but I guess you're just getting a jump start on it XP and you can always change it later (you beat me to it hahaha)

I like the idea of a whole "bad spirit world" alternate dimensions are a must (or at least a plus) for a lot of games, its awesome to see what you've done so far - but I have one question, how do you just "stumble upon" this world? and what is it's intended purpose?

Atomic Reactor

I'd totally love to answer your question, but those are plot points that will have to be explained by playing :)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'd totally love to answer your question, but those are plot points that will have to be explained by playing :)

oh you are just the worst!
thats too cruel man, too cruel...
seems like a depressing place though, like you'd feel bad for them...well maybe not the murderer o-o lmao - but it begs the question, that if there is a portal of sorts just there...why cant the ghost people pass through? or DO they, and thats where ghost pokemon come from! also, it didnt seem like you saw any ghost pokemon, or any encounters I should say, in that realm, will you in other areas? and thats how the player catches ghost pokemon? or are ghost pokemon caught in other ways?

Atomic Reactor

Yes, there will be other areas later in game, with ghosts and others. It'll all be explained in due time haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back