The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Chit Chat Café

Notices

Chit Chat Café Wondering what your fellow members are eating for breakfast? Want to chat about the weather or other silly things? Idle chit-chat and polls go here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:06 AM
Phantasmagoric

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Phantasmagoric
If you haven't guessed yet, the title is the topic. Conflicting Personalties? Difference in opinion? Daily annoyances? Don't like them but don't know why? Other Reasons? Vent out here, just.... don't explode. I don't want this thread to be responsible for people receiving infraction points, but other than that, have fun with it!
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:14 AM
PJBottomz
just a little human

Nature: Sassy
My stepdad blames everything on me even if I didn't do it, and he treats my brother better. My brother is really lazy and thinks he can do whatever he wants which includes walking into my room without knocking and taking whatever he wants. I can't stand either of them.
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:22 AM
Ephemeral Euphoria
From Hell To The Stars

Nature: Quiet
My parents want me to go for more lucrative jobs while I prefer the steady job I have right now by far. It would be fine if they ever shut up about how important it is to reach for the stars and all that crap.
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:31 AM
Moogles
better than u

Nature: Bold
Oh boy oh boy my kind of thread.

Oldest sister - Tried to run my life with her husband. While I appreciate that she cares about me and wanted to act like a mother to me, she needed to understand that I don't need a "mother" influence in my life and I can handle things myself. I think I was about 17 when I told her to finally back off and to let me make my own decisions. Her husband also tried to force me to clean their dishwasher one time, under the guise of "When you move out you need to know how to do this" and I told him "When I move out I'll figure it out then." It's just the sort of "We have life experience and you don't" attitude about the both of them that sort of pisses me off. Thankfully, they had a kid and they've managed to back off my back.

Other sister - Total *****. She has special needs but I don't even feel bad about saying it anymore. I love her to pieces, but I've spent the last three years of my life arguing with her because she doesn't know when to shut the hell up. I give, and give, and give, and she just sort of throws it all back in my face. I legitimately do not like her and I do not plan to talk to her after I move out. Should she ever need help I'll be there for her, but not for much else. :/

Father - Great guy, although he treats me like a little kid and it's aggravating. He also thinks that he's always right, but not in an overly obnoxious way? Like he'll say his opinion or side of the story and automatically expect you to agree with him afterwards. When I say "I understand where you're coming from", it's not an automatic agreement. I've found that in the last few years he's become more wishy-washy and prone to whims. I'm just frustrated with him as well and there's not much he can really do about it.

tbf I've been emotionally independent since I was like 15 so this shouldn't be much of a surprise. If I really wanted to I could have moved out since I had a job, but meh.
translation: I am a whiny straight person who is afraid of the thought of LGBT people standing up for themselves if it happens to pierce society the way I see it because I currently stand in a privileged light.
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:21 PM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
my sister changing her mind at the last mintue when everything as been set for a day out, then take her children for that day. inoring the fact my daughter was expecting a day out with us all so then it upsets her.

that is the only thing I can think of right now.
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:28 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

Mother- She occasionally can get way too mad about little things

Sisters-steal my stuff like my shampoo and not give it back, and I do not have endless money to replace it, why do they not understand >.>

Dad- can be kind of a jerk at times.
Old July 31st, 2013, 01:31 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Brother: He's a jerk at times and he constantly gets himself into stupid messes by refusing to learn from his past mistakes.

Sister: We rarely talk but she hates me.

Mother: She loves to play the guilt card. LOVES it.
Old August 1st, 2013, 01:01 PM
Terabyte

Nature: Jolly
My brother is just a large jerk and he knows it, only because he's 10 years older than me. My mom is vague in directions and she dislikes it whenever things don't go her way. My dad is a very forgetful person and he is often complaining about the smallest of issues (e.g. he'll scream for 5 minutes over a simple spill). I could go on, but I'll stop it at that.
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:00 PM
PervertedPikachu
Drink my tears, or something

Nature: Quiet
Mother- A very severe woman, she can be a bit of a bully sometimes. I appreciate what she does for me but I can't say I love her or would want to confide in her. That's not what I do.

Sister- I have a deep childhood resentment of her being born, pretty much hated her and was a bully big brother. Don't know why, I just didn't like her. She and I get on a bit better now, but I still just want her to stay out of my way and I stay out of hers for the most part...

Father- My Dad is an absolute idiot. Seriously, he acts like he's got dementia when he's only like 55-6. My mum gets rather angry at him because he just doesn't listen or act in an at all rational manner. I quite frankly agree with her, he's not a father figure, we'd all be happier if they split up.

Dog- I love my Labrador Bailey, he's the best part of our family <3
So yeah, no love lost in this household for the most part...
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:27 PM
New Eden
Master Spork

Nature: Modest
Everyone in my family wants to be in control...it's all downhill from there.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:09 AM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ 82.

Nature: Relaxed
My mom is panicky and always edgy, I wish she wasn't so unnerving less of the time. I'm a crappy brother, always distracting my sister when she needs to get work done - but maybe I'm training her focusing skills Dad sometimes doesn't take no for an answer, it can be horrible in the wrong situation. But mostly they're alright.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:20 AM
FlyingBird
Banned

My brother is always arguing with me. I don’t like it.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 03:33 PM
Insomniac
It's so overt it's covert 卐

I like my family for the most part, but I feel like my brothers are my mom's favorite. She does not punish them for anything stupid they do. Oh but if I leave an empty waterbottle on the floor? Grounded.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 09:16 PM
Aeroblast
웃웃웃웃웃웃웃

Nature: Serious
Dad - He cusses a bit too often, and it's a bad habit that I picked up.

Mom - She can get very temperamental, has that traditionalist christian thinking so we argue fairly often, and is overly sensitive about video games. (For example, she thinks Legend of Zelda will encourage me to kill people with swords)

Sister - She has always that annoying Prima donna attitude towards everything.

I suppose as a side note I don't hate my family and it's just nitpicking on my part but on a topic like this I guess I have to do some nitpicking.

Last edited by Aeroblast; August 3rd, 2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 12:07 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I love my immediate family.
My mom can be a bit sensitive to others' comments at times and I wish she wouldn't take it to heart as much.. and my dad smokes and I HATE that and wish he would quit (though he recently went down from smoking like 15 a day to 7 a day which is great and I hope he keeps it up.)
Other than that, I get along well with my Mom, Dad, and brother.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:49 AM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
My mom can be worrisome at times and I know that she should be because that is what mothers do, but she can really take it too far to the point where she stresses the entire family out.

My dad is a perfectionist and I wish he would let up sometimes.

My brothers are overly annoying. I love them and we get along for the most part, but they know exactly what gets on my nerves and they will do whatever it takes to frustrate me sometimes.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
My dad is really sarcastic and cracks jokes too often. :( It can get kind of annoying. My brother is 8 so I dislike pretty much everything about him for now haha, and my mom... she can get kind of paranoid, though not to an extreme extent.

pair | family | irl pair | lovelies
club 1 club 2 club 3 club 4
Old August 3rd, 2013, 08:47 AM
nimbo
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I really don't have any issue with my family, I love them all to pieces and they're always there for me. We do argue and disagree on things, but we really do get along great.
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:06 AM
zakisrage
In the trunk on Highway 10

Nature: Impish
Overall, my family is pretty good. My family gets along pretty well. I do have a few jerk relatives, mostly in my extended family.

People I have issues with:

Bashir - He's the husband of one of my older cousins. He's rather cocky and self-righteous. Another thing is that he's very impulsive. He actually got in trouble for beating up my dad's younger brother. He was arrested, but his dad bailed him out.

Imran - My second cousin who is 23 years older than me. When his grandmother (my paternal grandpa's oldest sister) died, he made it obvious that he was eyeing her property in Lebanon. My aunt's husband was quite well-to-do, and he had property holdings. Imran's oldest son is also a real brat, and he gets to play violent video games despite only being 11.

Nada - One of my dad's maternal cousins. She's very catty and manipulative. She hates kids, so she and her (now ex) husband never had any. She also had a really nasty cat who she treated like a queen. It scratched my brother. I called her cat Lucifer after the Disney one. Its actual name was Sabeen, and I named my first Liepard after it. When that cat died last December I was so happy.

Hussein - My mum's sister's ex. He acted like a pig to everyone (especially me), and he had sympathy for Hezbollah. I was so glad that my aunt divorced him. Of course, he recently got married again - to some dumb chick who's younger than his own daughter.
Helga: Look Phoebe, you gotta snap out of this. I mean, criminy, it's not like it's the first time you ever farted. Heck, when you sleep over you do it all the time. You rip 'em all night long, they stink to high heaven. It's all I can do to keep from passing out.
Phoebe: Just get out.
- Hey Arnold
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Chaval
My impediment is no hindrance.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Chaval
I hate the way they shout. They are always shouting and it pisses me off xD but then again, like I care Yeah, my family is as weird as I am.
Credits to R a c h e l for the amazing sig!
Old August 11th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Nature: Quirky
The fact I always fight with them, ugh. I even hate my own brother because he sometimes disconnects me from the battle server, and my mother always scolds me for little things. Yeah talk about family conflict all the time!

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old August 12th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Peitharchia
// and finite incantatem

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Peitharchia
I love my family, because they're the closest people to me, they never make me feel alone in any situation, and I know that everything they do is for my benefit. The only thing that I don't like about them is that, sometimes, they could be forceful. Even though I'm old enough to make my own decisions, they could still make me do things that I don't want to do.

Old August 16th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Dominic

My dad has some serious anger management issues and makes a big deal out of things that don't need to be made into a big deal. We have completely contrasting personalities, and that makes us get into arguments a lot. Its settled down a lot since I moved out on my own, but I do tend to get into an argument with him every now and then and I see him a little more than I would like to.

My sister's at that age where she's starting puberty, so she's very *****y lately. She's always been rather spoiled because of my dad, and the fact that she currently is the owner of an iPhone at the age of 12 makes me question my father's parenting skills.

My youngest brother is a thug who thinks he's a stereotypical black gangster-like person. It bothers me greatly, but he can be an okay person every now and then. He failed freshman year of high school twice because he decided not to go, even though he can't drop out.

My younger brother is completely addicted to his current girlfriend. He isn't getting a job because his girlfriend doesn't want him to because if he does that means he'd spend less time with her. I don't think he has much of a backbone, and he generally lets her walk all over him. He asks the stupidest questions and is very ignorant.

I'm not sure how I feel about them. I'm pretty content with not seeing or hearing from them, but I would probably cry if one of them were to die.
Old August 16th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Calm
Mom: She means well in her special way, but her own mental issues and over-controlling personality just about ruined me. She never lets me speak my mind, nor have my own thoughts as she is constantly talking. She becomes jealous when my dad pays more attention to me. She has blamed me for ruining their relationship, and we constantly bicker. I don't like how she calls everyone (expletive) (expletive) worthless when she does the least. Her behavior makes me detest alcohol and swearing.

Dad: He is kind, mellow, patient, and sweet; he was always the parent taking care of me when I was sick. I appreciate the little things he did, like tucking me in bed, combing my hair, laughing when I burnt something in the oven rather than yell, or giving me a hug when I was obviously upset. Yeah, just thinking about losing him brings me to tears! Somehow, he keeps mom in check. I don't know how he handles it all, though.

Twin brother: I like him, but sometimes I feel like I don't know him anymore. We've played video games together (Sonic, Pokemon, Borderlands), but our connection is very weak. We only shared a class in kindergarten. I often enrolled in advanced classes and eventually went to a separate high school and college. Since he's dropped out of his college, he stayed at home and played his PS3 all day. Recently, he's found a job though. He's a butt-head who takes 45 minute showers and annoys me, but I wish him happiness.

Older half brother (same mom, different dad): He's loving, but very hot-tempered if you say the wrong thing. He's also fun to poke at, then! He whines often about his girlfriend and her two daughters, though he has a son with his girlfriend. I'm not around him enough to have that big of an issue with him. He is likely the reason why none of my mom's kids can 100% confidently drive, though.

Old August 16th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
As much as I love my family and they mean the world to me, there are some times that I just do n o t understand their random behaviors. Like, my parents can get really moody at times, and my sister loves to repeat herself until she gets what she wants. It's really painful but yeah... gotta live with them & stuff. xD

Sponsored Links